AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-07-23, 15:02   Link #821
iceaco

Does anyone know whether the commander's name is Frolaytia or Froleytia?
Up to v7 it's always Froleytia, but in v8 it's being used interchangably so I wanna make them consistent.

Baka-Tsuki username: acolyte
iceaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 04:44   Link #822
SineMora
Wait for it...

Daaamn... just finished reading all of this, and I say this is my favorite compared to all of his other works...

Both the (smart) action and the comedy are balanced... Can't wait for the next... Hopefully:

1.) Heivia's fiancee comes...
2.) More Froleytia... (I can never have enough of it)
3.) Qwenser (ab)using all his connections with his assets(women) in the next battle. (at the cost of him and Heivia getting into trouble again)
4.) More absurd objects, with even more absurd (but still realistic) ways to beat them...
SineMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 08:18   Link #823
J4n1

The series is pretty great.

Only things i really don't like in it is the absurdly stupid behaviour of Quenser and Heivia (and any other male soldier of their unit really) when it comes to women, peeping, maids, etc...
The joke has been driven to the ground several novels ago (and it was not very funny in the first place).

Also, "certain island nation" is getting annoying, you mean Japan, so bloody say Japan.

Reading the latest novel in Baka tsuki left me wondering two things
1. why are japanese so bloody obsessed with maids?
and
2. how is the behaviour of Quenser, Heivia and their fellow soldiers, supposed to be in any way normal, acceptable, or even sane?
Not just due to these novels, similar behaviour is seen in way too many light novels, where people seem to see it as completely normal (talking about the insane jealousy of any female contact and/or attention, and the utterly out of proportion "revenge/hate" people seem to see as a proper response)
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 10:17   Link #824
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4n1 View Post
The series is pretty great.

Only things i really don't like in it is the absurdly stupid behaviour of Quenser and Heivia (and any other male soldier of their unit really) when it comes to women, peeping, maids, etc...
The joke has been driven to the ground several novels ago (and it was not very funny in the first place).

Also, "certain island nation" is getting annoying, you mean Japan, so bloody say Japan.

Reading the latest novel in Baka tsuki left me wondering two things
1. why are japanese so bloody obsessed with maids?
and
2. how is the behaviour of Quenser, Heivia and their fellow soldiers, supposed to be in any way normal, acceptable, or even sane?
Not just due to these novels, similar behaviour is seen in way too many light novels, where people seem to see it as completely normal (talking about the insane jealousy of any female contact and/or attention, and the utterly out of proportion "revenge/hate" people seem to see as a proper response)
You are obvious not fond of usual comedy tropes in harem LN/VN.
If you like a realistic, gritty novels about wars check Warhammer 40k novels instead. We'd prefer our novels with comedy aspect instead of heavy atmosphere all the time. Not to mention in HO, the era now is the era of Clean War between Objects, pretty much most if not all soldiers are like that.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 21:40   Link #825
J4n1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trung-t-rung View Post
You are obvious not fond of usual comedy tropes in harem LN/VN.
If you like a realistic, gritty novels about wars check Warhammer 40k novels instead. We'd prefer our novels with comedy aspect instead of heavy atmosphere all the time. Not to mention in HO, the era now is the era of Clean War between Objects, pretty much most if not all soldiers are like that.
I am fond of comedy aspects in LN/VN, not all of them, but lot of them.
Heavy Object however sometimes goes over the top with the sheer stupidity of the main characters to a point where it stops being funny (to me) and becomes just stupid.
Old 2014-08-27, 21:44   Link #826
bakato

Quote:
I am fond of comedy aspects in LN/VN, not all of them, but lot of them.
Heavy Object however sometimes goes over the top with the sheer stupidity of the main characters to a point where it stops being funny (to me) and becomes just stupid.
That's kinda the point and its Kamachi's modus operandi. Every single one of his works possesses what you'd call "unrealistic comedy during times of danger."
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 22:02   Link #827
J4n1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
That's kinda the point and its Kamachi's modus operandi. Every single one of his works possesses what you'd call "unrealistic comedy during times of danger."
It's not unrealistic comedy i object to, but the sheer stupidity of it.
But yeah, i'm not really a fan of Kamachi's works in general, but not really due to any issues with comedy, Index just got rather repetitive after first 12 or so novels so i quit reading, Zashiki Warashi seemed good but i could not get into the unrelated short stories aspect of it, Waltraute's Marriage was ok, but there was only one novel of it in Baka Tsuki.
Old 2014-08-27, 22:22   Link #828
Miraluka
Banned

No, I agree as well.

At first it was funny, but later got to be the opposite.

Time to time is fine but repeating it kills the touch.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-28, 00:44   Link #829
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
It's not unrealistic comedy i object to, but the sheer stupidity of it.
But yeah, i'm not really a fan of Kamachi's works in general, but not really due to any issues with comedy, Index just got rather repetitive after first 12 or so novels so i quit reading, Zashiki Warashi seemed good but i could not get into the unrelated short stories aspect of it, Waltraute's Marriage was ok, but there was only one novel of it in Baka Tsuki.
You should check more of Index then. The story really picks up after the anime end. About vol 13 onwards, the scale will go up to eleven.
Old 2014-08-28, 04:32   Link #830
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

It does get over the top some time, though I kinda likes it since it's one of the series' charm.

To be honest though the thing I want the most is more Burning Alpha VS Ice Girl 1. In a world where Objects rule the battlefield, seeing 2 old school Ace going at it in the sky is going to be great.
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-28, 09:44   Link #831
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trung-t-rung View Post
You should check more of Index then. The story really picks up after the anime end. About vol 13 onwards, the scale will go up to eleven.
Meh, that kind of argument is cheap, like saying "things gets better later at XYZ arc or volume".

If one doesn't like it, it can't be helped, just let it go.

I liked Index since the very beginning and things got better later on but there also were things that definitely I don't like, IMC my enjoyment of the series decreased with NT 3, 7, 8 but got a little bit better with NT9 only to be left with a bitter taste after NT10, hope that now that that lame Gremlin Arc things pick up solid.
Old 2014-08-28, 10:14   Link #832
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

...What's wrong with maids?

Why isn't that the first question you people asked him ?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-28, 10:32   Link #833
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
...What's wrong with maids?

Why isn't that the first question you people asked him ?
"What's good with maids?" would be mine though.
Old 2014-08-28, 10:40   Link #834
J4n1

for once, i would love to see a warship/castle/spaceship/submarine/whatever completely crewed by, i dunno, blumbers, or barristas (lumberjacks maybe?), or anything really, just not one more set of bloody maids.

repetition kinda kills it.
Old 2014-08-28, 10:47   Link #835
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
"What's good with maids?" would be mine though.
Space stations.

Zero gravity.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2014-08-28 at 10:58.
Old 2014-08-28, 11:01   Link #836
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Space stations.

Zero gravity.
Eh.... wrong quoted post?
Old 2014-08-28, 11:17   Link #837
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
for once, i would love to see a warship/castle/spaceship/submarine/whatever completely crewed by, i dunno, blumbers, or barristas (lumberjacks maybe?), or anything really, just not one more set of bloody maids.

repetition kinda kills it.
Sadly, in Japan, you can't underestimate either maids or highschool students.
Old 2014-08-28, 11:27   Link #838
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
Eh.... wrong quoted post?
You asked what's good with maids

Space stations.
Old 2014-08-28, 11:41   Link #839
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
"CIN" => Japan => Tokyo => area around Western Tokyo => Academy city = origin of the Objects?

[Emphasis mine]
Old 2014-09-09, 11:55   Link #840
xzardon

Yo~ any news about vol 9 ?
Oh btw did u guys watch the pv of the 10nth anniversary? it contained HO too albeit only slighty...

Last edited by xzardon; 2014-09-10 at 02:03.
xzardon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, harem, legendary bikini armor, object, sci-fi, shounen