Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-05, 16:21   Link #141
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibeke View Post
You have to write to them personally and request an item ^^
Oo, I thought you meant it was on the site already. Well if you get a reply with a price quote or anything let me know, I want a copy =p Amazon JP had some a while back, but they ran out about a week after I got the funds to order it -.-;
Old 2006-11-06, 01:12   Link #142
Vibeke
❤ Fabulous MAX~! ❤
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Vibeke
So, they did write that they have only Limited Edition (Standart was sold out ) for 86,99$, and in used condition (which should be in rather good condition). It's a shame they don't have any more standart edition - 86$ is now for me a lot, beacuse I just bought Shuffle! =/

EDIT: I also wrote to Himeya and here you can buy brand new Da Capo PC http://www.himeyashop.com/product_in...oducts_id/2184 ^^

Currently busy studying Japaneese language and culture on Warsaw University//my animelist

Last edited by Vibeke; 2006-11-07 at 10:02.
Old 2006-11-11, 04:38   Link #143
Vibeke
❤ Fabulous MAX~! ❤
*Graphic Designer

Sorry for double posting, but I really want someone to reply to my question.
To anyone who palyed DC PC with translation patch: how many routs/game is translated?
Beacuse I'm thinkng of buyig DC or Really? Really! and I can't decide right now

And also I don't have Japaneese language support, so will there be any problems installing? Because most of games (like Shuffle, Kanon etc.) work without problems on my computer. But I don't know what is's like with DC

Help!

Currently busy studying Japaneese language and culture on Warsaw University//my animelist
Old 2006-11-11, 04:48   Link #144
BanditKing

Quote:
Sorry for double posting, but I really want someone to reply to my question.
To anyone who palyed DC PC with translation patch: how many routs/game is translated?
Beacuse I'm thinkng of buyig DC or Really? Really! and I can't decide right now

And also I don't have Japaneese language support, so will there be any problems installing? Because most of games (like Shuffle, Kanon etc.) work without problems on my computer. But I don't know what is's like with DC

Help!
So far Arkanos translated Shirakawa Kotori, Kudou Kanae, Tsukishiro Alice route and 35% done with Konomiya Tamaki.

and i think u do need japanese setting or the word won't come out right
Old 2006-11-11, 05:03   Link #145
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Yeah, if you don't want to get "gibberish" in the dialogs, start menu, and so on, you'll want to at least run the installer and the game using AppLocale (that is, if you don't want to just set your non-unicode language to Japanese). The patch readme also confirms "You need Japanese language support to play this game, even when patched."
Old 2006-11-11, 05:36   Link #146
Vibeke
❤ Fabulous MAX~! ❤
*Graphic Designer

Well I have AppLocale, so I hope that there won't be any problems ^^

Old 2006-11-11, 13:07   Link #147
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Well I have AppLocale, so I hope that there won't be any problems ^^
Yup, in that case, you should be fine. I've always run the installer and game with AppLocale and have never had a problem.
Old 2006-11-15, 17:10   Link #148
Vibeke
❤ Fabulous MAX~! ❤
*Graphic Designer

Ok, I'm bothering all of you again

I want to know how the translation patch works - I mean is the game translated from the begining, because I don't understand what exactly "only *insert number of paths* were translated. I'm asking this because I don't know Japaneese very well (honestly speaking I can understand what they are talking about in 50%, but reading is like... ) and I'm wondering if I'll be able to enjoy this game when I buy it ^^

Oh, and some screencaps would be also appreciated

Old 2006-11-15, 18:07   Link #149
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Yep, it's translated from the very beginning.

Screenshots on the site itself:

http://www.shii.org/translate/dcpc/

Those are mostly from the beginning. All the "general" scenes as well as all the ones needed to get to the mentioned routes are translated. Check out the readme for more information.
Old 2006-11-15, 18:17   Link #150
Vibeke
❤ Fabulous MAX~! ❤
*Graphic Designer

Thanks AvatarST
'Guess I'll buy it now ^^

And tell Arkanos that thanks to his work someone (in this case me ) bought the actuall game.

Sigh now I have to find somewhere money to buy Really? Really! and Ef . But DC is now my priority, because I rather want to play something that I'll be able to understand

Old 2006-12-05, 15:48   Link #151
Vibeke
❤ Fabulous MAX~! ❤
*Graphic Designer

I couldn't resist, so I finaly posted here (soory for double post )

My postman was really kind to me today

Yup, D.C.P.C. LE

All in all I have now some problem., I downloaded the patch and something like this:

Patched executable (Required to run the game properly.)

but this patched exe file is for DCPCDVD, and I have CD version TT.TT is it possible to pach cd version too? because otherwise I won't be able to play the game patched, because something like this shows up:

Help anyone?

Old 2006-12-05, 20:33   Link #152
luckyovermind
hungry~

“drooling over the wind rg dvd on the right hand side”... Well, I guess I should wait longer then...

CD-ROM version? Sigh... You should be really careful about these things... Especially since there is a LOT of DCs to begin with...

The only thing I can think of, is asking the translator to see if he is kind enough to pass you the text translation...
Old 2006-12-05, 23:53   Link #153
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Is that error what you get when you start the patched EXE (DCPCDVD.exe), or the one that originally came with the game? (i.e. are you starting it using the shortcut in the Start Menu? Because, in this case, you don't want to.) Further, don't forget that you need to either run it in AppLocale or set your computer to Japanese non-unicode settings. (Same for Wind, incidentally - otherwise, saving will be broken.)

So what I recommend to try is...
  1. Install AppLocale
  2. Make sure that you've placed "DCPCDVD.EXE" in the right folder (see step 10 of the readme)
  3. Run AppLocale from the Start Menu and create a shortcut for DCPCDVD.EXE, ensuring to set the language to Japanese (should be the bottom choice in the drop-down)
  4. Try running the game using the shortcut in the Microsoft AppLocale folder (it'll load automatically the first time when creating the shortcut)
You may still get an error (possibly an "insert the DVD error" - I forget what all is in the patch), but we'll see.
Old 2006-12-06, 06:07   Link #154
Vibeke
❤ Fabulous MAX~! ❤
*Graphic Designer

Other games work fine, so ths is an error because I didn't pached the exe. file, and that is because I have CD version, but the patched exe is for DVD, so it doesne't works for me... =(

And without all patched files, game works fine.

Old 2006-12-06, 10:56   Link #155
◕‿‿◕

I'll ask Arkanos today when I see him. I'd see if he can do anything, but to be honest the situation seems to be a little complicated.
Old 2006-12-06, 12:03   Link #156
Vibeke
❤ Fabulous MAX~! ❤
*Graphic Designer

=(
The main question is: if it was reakky hard to 'pach' this DCPCDVD.exe file, because that's the main problem here. Other files seems to be the same with cd version and vd.

Old 2006-12-06, 17:12   Link #157
◕‿‿◕

Arkanos wasn't the one who did the executable, that's the thing. :x

I'd ask him anyway, we'd see.
Old 2006-12-06, 22:56   Link #158
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Other games work fine, so ths is an error because I didn't pached the exe. file, and that is because I have CD version, but the patched exe is for DVD, so it doesne't works for me... =(

And without all patched files, game works fine.
I still say refer to the steps in my earlier post. By the screenshot you posted, you're not running in AppLocale, and you may not even be running the patched EXE. I understand completely what you're saying about it being the CD version and that other games work fine, etc. But I can't fix the problem until I'm completely sure that you're actually attempting to run the patched EXE anyway (and not the icon in the start menu) - EVEN THOUGH you have the CD version. I hope this makes more sense...
Old 2006-12-07, 06:08   Link #159
◕‿‿◕

Arkanos agreed to follow relentlessflame's advice by the way - you should try that. At least out of the two, relentless does know what he's talking about.
Old 2006-12-07, 15:17   Link #160
Vibeke
❤ Fabulous MAX~! ❤
*Graphic Designer

So now I'm running DC with AppLocale and when I click on DCPCDVD.exe I get this:

And when clicking on pc.exe I still get this:

So, I think that the main reason is still that the exe file is for dvd, wheras I need pc.exe for translation to work properly

Closed Thread

Tags
bishoujo, circus, ero-game, game patch, translation