AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-05, 02:05   Link #781
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Combo chains are important for upping Kengo's stat if you are able to have him join the Little Busters. I believe 300 hits (non-consecutive) was the benchmark, though I could be wrong.

Thus hitting the ball to people who will bounce it back is important to maximize stat growth and the Kengo counter.
Old 2012-01-05, 02:14   Link #782
venom4789

So maybe after certain amount of total hits players receive a few additional stat points.
Old 2012-01-05, 04:27   Link #783
Revan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkark07 View Post
Dunno why ppl don't like Haruka, she is funny and quite unpredictable.
It's not that I don't like her (or Komari), I just felt that those two routes had the most 'average' problems. Although I couldn't agree with Jao more that Haruka has the best psychological background and development in the entire game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balzac View Post
Combo chains are important for upping Kengo's stat if you are able to have him join the Little Busters. I believe 300 hits (non-consecutive) was the benchmark, though I could be wrong.
I read five hundred somewhere.
He did join in my second playthrough though so it's not hard to achieve it.
Old 2012-01-05, 07:49   Link #784
Linkark07
Yokoso Gypsy

Quote:

Thus hitting the ball to people who will bounce it back is important to maximize stat growth and the Kengo counter.
How can you get Kengo join the Little Busters? I'm on my first playthrough but after I lost the baseball match I'm pretty sure that happened because we didn't have Kengo.
Old 2012-01-05, 08:10   Link #785
Revan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkark07 View Post
How can you get Kengo join the Little Busters? I'm on my first playthrough but after I lost the baseball match I'm pretty sure that happened because we didn't have Kengo.
If you're really lucky you can supposedly win it without him.

He will automatically join in the second playthrough (and all the others after that), if you're hit-count was high enough in the first. If it wasn't, you'll surely reach it by the third playthrough
Old 2012-01-05, 08:37   Link #786
Linkark07
Yokoso Gypsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan21 View Post
If you're really lucky you can supposedly win it without him.

He will automatically join in the second playthrough (and all the others after that), if you're hit-count was high enough in the first. If it wasn't, you'll surely reach it by the third playthrough
Thanks for that. Well, gonna play some Little Busters for finish Komari and then go to Mio.
Old 2012-01-05, 14:48   Link #787
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Er, just to clarify, without showing any spoilers, but Kengo will automatically join from the second playthrough onwards whether or not you actually activate the baseball minigame. The Kengo chain is just to boost his stats when he joins, I've heard to an astronomical extent.
Old 2012-01-06, 03:32   Link #788
venom4789

Hate to look so far into a minigame but since i find it entertaining i will keep going at it. Maybe some spoilers so i figure i will tag.

Spoiler:

Thats all i got on it so far but for a random minigame to entertain me like this is fun. Wonder if this minigame can be ported to a phone as well as improved, i may look into that.

Also i still love breaking up the tea party and scaring all three girls at once.
Old 2012-01-06, 03:37   Link #789
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom4789 View Post

Also i still love breaking up the tea party and scaring all three girls at once.
At the risk of reawakening my inner bully, I also love hitting it onto cats, a running Kudo, cats, a jogging Komari and CAAAATS.
Old 2012-01-06, 10:31   Link #790
Revan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom4789 View Post
I never managed to hit all three of them at one, just Kud and Komari
Old 2012-01-06, 12:15   Link #791
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan21 View Post
I never managed to hit all three of them at one, just Kud and Komari
The trick is to hit the picnic itself rather than any one of the three girls around it.
Old 2012-01-06, 23:21   Link #792
Runa
Fallen Angel
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Runa Send a message via Yahoo to Runa
Mio-chan can't get hit right ? no matter what i do to her, she always got her Umbrella as her A.T Field lol

kud-chan insanely cute when the ball hit her though....that expression reminding me of her nendos faceplate ^^
Old 2012-01-07, 03:44   Link #793
bahamut zero
miragecoordinator

Sometimes I feel like every Key VN is designed just to make you feel down....
I just completed Komari and Kurugaya, and after both I was feelig heavily depressed...
Old 2012-01-07, 04:41   Link #794
Balzac
Assistant Professor

With the addition of Rewrite, not "every Key VN" can make you feel down now.

Personal impressions differ, but I honestly believe at least one route in Rewrite will have you go instead of
Old 2012-01-07, 05:05   Link #795
bahamut zero
miragecoordinator

so they learned from nitro+ I guess
Old 2012-01-07, 11:53   Link #796
Jao
panchi~

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamut zero View Post
I just completed Komari and Kurugaya, and after both I was feelig heavily depressed...
Why depressed after Komari? It had an unambiguously happy end.
Hiding behind tinted glasses and doors.
Old 2012-01-07, 21:06   Link #797
Linkark07
Yokoso Gypsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamut zero View Post
Why depressed after Komari's route? She had an happy ending unless you wanted to go to bad ending.

I haven't went to Kurugaya's route yet, just going to enter Mio's (on day 28 now) but for what I have read it has a downer ending.

Overall, I find Little Busters to be even more funny than other Key visual novels, well mostly is thanks to our Muscle Idiot.

BTW, which is the most funny pair of girls you can take on the courage trial?
Old 2012-01-07, 21:34   Link #798
Balzac
Assistant Professor

If I remember correctly, each girl actually has a set behavior when being chosen in the test of courage: like say, Komari is positively spooked, Kurugaya is unaffected and Mio goes into a state of denial. Some other might test all combinations to see the differences.

Oh, and as someone in the thread already said: "Bros before hos", man. Even if it does defeat the purpose of the test of courage...
Old 2012-01-07, 21:46   Link #799
Linkark07
Yokoso Gypsy

Quote:
If I remember correctly, each girl actually has a set behavior when being chosen in the test of courage: like say, Komari is positively spooked, Kurugaya is unaffected and Mio goes into a state of denial. Some other might test all combinations to see the differences.

Oh, and as someone in the thread already said: "Bros before hos", man. Even if it does defeat the purpose of the test of courage...
Yeah, Komari was spooked and Mio at the end decides to be in a state of denial. On first playthrough I went Mio and Haruka; the latter just wanted to annoy but at the end I couldn't decide if she was scared or acting that she was scared. According to Kyousuke, she was scared.

Second went Komari and Mio and it was like you said but that was thanks to Mio at the beginning.
Old 2012-01-07, 22:13   Link #800
PieFormation
Kinniku yay yaaay

Send a message via MSN to PieFormation
Some pairs have special scenes when they're together in the test of courage. Try Rin and Kud. Not sure if there are others, but I think so... Kurugaya + some people, maybe.

Proofreader for the Little Busters! translation project
Closed Thread

Tags
bishoujo, game patch, key, pc game, translation