AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-12-06, 12:37   Link #1141
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
But what exactly is he doing? He had a vendetta against Treize(for very good reason) and after losing his home colony, went on some kamikaze-like missions at times. I don't see how he's hypocritical when in the same thought, he was self-deprecating.
It's funny how we say the same thing but disagree xD I don't deny him being self-deprecating there. That's exactly why I say he has no room to talk. Provided of course that his wife's death was what caused him to adopt his belief in justice and participate in the war in the first place. As you said, he has good reason for his vendetta. I'm just adding that his reason is a girl, hence why it's so funny/ironic that he would say what he said about Heero. Sorry if I don't make myself clear.

So, considering translation uncertainties it could be that Heero, too was frozen and defrosted just once? Gah, why can't they just write a name next to spoken text. It's not that much trouble >_>
My utmost respect to all those trying to translate FT. It seems really difficult.
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 12:47   Link #1142
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
It's funny how we say the same thing but disagree xD I don't deny him being self-deprecating there. That's exactly why I say he has no room to talk. Provided of course that his wife's death was what caused him to adopt his belief in justice and participate in the war in the first place. As you said, he has good reason for his vendetta. I'm just adding that his reason is a girl, hence why it's so funny/ironic that he would say what he said about Heero. Sorry if I don't make myself clear.
Ah...agreed.
Old 2010-12-06, 14:59   Link #1143
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
Ah...agreed.
As I said Blasted net, not carrying intonation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingzerosnuggles View Post
@IkuzeMinna I wouldn't be surprised if the theory that Duo Jr. is Heero and Relena's love child proves true should the boy's attitude be any indication. He could have been conceived in the time those two ran amok between freezings. There was also that bit about Duo Jr. going "Hn..." in an earlier chapter, I think? Duo's wife may have been who Duo Jr. recognized as his mother hence Duo's statement about having trouble with him after the mother died. Another case of the foster mom stunt they pulled with Relena and Mrs. Darlian. And since both Heero and Relena have memory problems, they won't remember the kid if this is the case. Man, I want the next chapter of this trainwreck already... xD
LOL. With the women in FT being all too eager to bear the children of their beloved ones, it's not even far-fetched xD But seriously, Heero looks even younger in FT than he did in EW. I assume he must've been frozen not long after AC 196. He sure doesn't look like he's reached his twenties yet.

By the way, thanks a lot for the chapter Deacon. I took the liberty of upping it to mediafire, seeing that people have trouble with torrents. I hope you don't mind.

http://www.mediafire.com/?1blq0h3i8ii73z8

Last edited by IkuzeMinna; 2010-12-06 at 15:53.
Old 2010-12-06, 15:46   Link #1144
Kitsoru
:3c

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
LOL. With the women in FT being all to eager to bear the children of their beloved ones, it's not even far-fetched xD But seriously, Heero looks even younger in FT than he did in EW. I assume he must've been frozen not long after AC 196. He sure doesn't look like he's reached his twenties yet.

By the way, thanks a lot for the chapter Deacon. I took the liberty of upping it to mediafire, seeing that people have trouble with torrents. I hope you don't mind.

http://www.mediafire.com/?1blq0h3i8ii73z8
Yeah, Iunno guys, I'm seriously not buying the 1xR lovechild thing for Jr. H+R's ages, what we know of how little they interact on a normal basis, and c'mon, Relena has a better head on her shoulders than that... We shall see but I'm stickin' to what we've been told. And yeah, Heero can't possibly be over 18, if even 17, from what we've seen.

Also- THANK YOU! /downloads
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 17:53   Link #1145
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingzerosnuggles View Post
Then Relena goes Euphienator and it's up to Heero to stop her? xD
Wasn't Euphie based on Relena and Lacus?

And Suzaku was based on Kira?
Old 2010-12-06, 17:53   Link #1146
Tobi_Uchiha
Tobi is a Good Boy!

can anyone out there please tell me how often new chapters of frozen teardrop is being released? cause when i first got wind of it i droped my coke zero all over my shirt :3 if it's monthly i might actually leave my laptop alone and go out in to open air and sunshine a little more often....though right now it's cold and the sun may be shinig but ice is still slippery, Quote the Shadow

Every dog has it's day...
Tobi_Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 18:02   Link #1147
Kitsoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu-Chan View Post

AFAIK yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi_Uchiha View Post
can anyone out there please tell me how often new chapters of frozen teardrop is being released?
FT and GotD are both monthly. Gundam Ace is a monthly publication.
As for the translations... whenever the translators feel like it, I assume lol
Old 2010-12-06, 18:03   Link #1148
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:

I think Euphy and Suzaku were both considered deconstructed expies of Lacus and Kira, yes, though I don't think there's any official word on the matter.
Old 2010-12-06, 18:06   Link #1149
Kitsoru

Gundam is one big game of self referencing, always has been.

Sayla --> Relena --> Kihel and Lacus --> Euphie --> Marina

Amuro --> (everyone lol, but in this example) Kira and Heero, while
Kira --> Suzaku
Heero --> Setsuna

Char --> you should know this already

For more fun:
Duo --> Garrod and Neil!Lockon

etc.
Old 2010-12-06, 18:09   Link #1150
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

... but Code Geass isn't Gundam.
Old 2010-12-06, 18:10   Link #1151
Kitsoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
... but Code Geass isn't Gundam.
No, but it's still Sunrise, and practically all they do with their original works is self-reference.
Old 2010-12-06, 18:33   Link #1152
Tobi_Uchiha
Tobi is a Good Boy!

does that mean zero is a char? cause both of them have charismatic apeal.

Every dog has it's day...
Tobi_Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 18:42   Link #1153
Kitsoru

Hell, he has the whole package- scorned prince with a secret identity hidden with an alias and face hidden under a mask leading a rebellion against the empire that screwed him/his family over.

..Except that, too, ended up quite deconstructed.
Old 2010-12-06, 18:44   Link #1154
gundamnedgirl03

Quote:

oh for the love of god. you should seriously get over the relena and clyne thing. i know im a bitch so just... stop already. most of your posts is always about relating lacus clyne to things. u worship her?? great. but please don't make this about her all the fucking time. cuz each time you see a post that mentions seed or another pink haired character, you seem to make that an excuse to bring her up. *rolls eyes* how is it even important to this thread if she really is related to them? she's not even a character in this novel or gw. ughh. have a lovely day. xoxoxoxox
gundamnedgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 18:50   Link #1155
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by gundamnedgirl03 View Post
oh for the love of god. you should seriously get over the relena and clyne thing. i know im a bitch so just... stop already. most of your posts is always about relating lacus clyne to things. u worship her?? great. but please don't make this about her all the fucking time. cuz each time you see a post that mentions seed or another pink haired character, you seem to make that an excuse to bring her up. *rolls eyes* how is it even important to this thread if she really is related to them? she's not even a character in this novel or gw. ughh. have a lovely day. xoxoxoxox
Okay, I'll just say this once. Please, chill the hell out. Regardless of Washu's like for the character, asking about the comparison between Euphy and Lacus is a legitimate question.
Old 2010-12-06, 18:53   Link #1156
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

...a little offending, aren't we?
Old 2010-12-06, 19:01   Link #1157
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk

I'm not gonna take sides or anything. So I suggest we move on...

Someone open a different topic fast! PLEASE!!
Old 2010-12-06, 19:06   Link #1158
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk

Ah yeah, here's a topic. A little off, but I'm just curious. I read a post saying Turn A is the endpoint of the universes. So that includes AC, of course. Can someone explain how Turn A is related to other series? I haven't seen it so I don't know. T___T

EDIT: @IkuzeMinna Hey dude, thanks for uploading it on mediafire. Good stuff!

Last edited by MichaelKnight; 2010-12-06 at 19:56.
MichaelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 20:03   Link #1159
Kitsoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelKnight View Post
I read a post saying Turn A is the endpoint of the universes. So that includes AC, of course. Can someone explain how Turn A is related to other series? I haven't seen it so I don't know. T___T
It's more of a "what if" situation for every universe prior to it. It's a huge spoiler for the series but basically:

Spoiler for giant Turn-A spoilers:
Old 2010-12-06, 20:26   Link #1160
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
It's more of a "what if" situation for every universe prior to it. It's a huge spoiler for the series but basically:

Spoiler for giant Turn-A spoilers:
Was it ever confirmed to be like, canon? Or just a big homage to all previous shows?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing