AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-29, 10:47   Link #801
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
I also really don't understand Light supporters. Well, I do, there's a facination for the character and an admiration for its intelligence, similar to the many fans of Dr Hannibal Lecter, but he was obviously a psychopath, as many people already have shown in this thread, he fits the character perfectly, I'll say the author has to know some psychology or read the basics about it before creating the character because Light is the poster boy for antisocial personality disorders.

The whole "clean the world" thing is just an excuse, and it was proven to be a excuse very early when he wrote in big fat letters all across the page the name of the fake L who appeared on TV to kill him, that was the indication he simply wanted to submit the world to his will, not to "clean" it, just because people don't know who he really was doesn't mean he wasn't delighted with the atention.
Old 2008-12-13, 14:54   Link #802
ChunZhao

Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantidor View Post
I also really don't understand Light supporters. Well, I do, there's a facination for the character and an admiration for its intelligence, similar to the many fans of Dr Hannibal Lecter, but he was obviously a psychopath, as many people already have shown in this thread, he fits the character perfectly, I'll say the author has to know some psychology or read the basics about it before creating the character because Light is the poster boy for antisocial personality disorders.

The whole "clean the world" thing is just an excuse, and it was proven to be a excuse very early when he wrote in big fat letters all across the page the name of the fake L who appeared on TV to kill him, that was the indication he simply wanted to submit the world to his will, not to "clean" it, just because people don't know who he really was doesn't mean he wasn't delighted with the atention.
Well, although I used to agree with a lot of the people who disliked Light, I do think some of his points are very valid. He does really want to cleanse the world, but he has to eliminate the opposition also. If he let L, the NPA, and the FBI all crack down and find him, he obviously couldn't control the world. It's just like in the beginning theme song "誰にも邪魔させるワケにはいかないから".

Anyone who is against Light would have to be against the whole concept of the Death Note, because obviously it's whole point is to kill people. Just my 2 cents though....
Old 2008-12-14, 04:18   Link #803
re5fan

http://www.residentevil.com/5/kijuju...d=DwdCm-xhjrf#
Old 2008-12-15, 13:51   Link #804
Hs Vi Germania
Please call me "senpai":)
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Hs Vi Germania
I think that Light was doing the right thing, but in the end the methods were too dramatic.
I believe that the main critic was in the criminal activities in our daily life.
Probably we should think about them and find a more aceptable way of control the criminals.
Old 2008-12-24, 21:10   Link #805
LeoXiao
思想工作

I think Light became wrong once he killed that FBI guy.

Also, it's annoying how he gets ego boosts from killing people who aren't criminals. If he was smart, he wouldn't have killed all the criminals in Japan first, instead targeting those all around the world or in an entirely different nation. Then L would've had a much harder time finding him.
That being said, it was just part of his character, and he got too proud from the start.
Old 2008-12-25, 17:16   Link #806
ikousaN

um... lets see.. this is how i think.

Light : his motive is to create a better world without evil. thats good. but killing people that is also bad. well... i think he is a nice person that work hard for creating a new world without evil. but i wodering alot if he is justice..? i think he is a bit justice. but still not. look at teru mikami he is a nice guy that joined light for he know how kids and adult can be. and he hated evil. but now when he is killing is he justice? i think light and mikami thought everything they did was 100 % justice. but it wasnt. but still they just wanted to make a better world so they are justice a bit.

L :

he wants to catch muderes. and he think kira is the biggest of them. he want to catch him so the muderings will stop a bit. he thinks kira is evil but is he really right ? i mean kira arent evil he just want to change the world so evil will be deleted. so we can say that he tries to catch justice.

this is my prediction.
Old 2008-12-25, 17:20   Link #807
ikousaN

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
I think Light became wrong once he killed that FBI guy.

Also, it's annoying how he gets ego boosts from killing people who aren't criminals. If he was smart, he wouldn't have killed all the criminals in Japan first, instead targeting those all around the world or in an entirely different nation. Then L would've had a much harder time finding him.
That being said, it was just part of his character, and he got too proud from the start.
yeah your right but it is more easier to kill criminals in japan if he lives in japan. i cant explain why. but it is so. but also light was so smart so he could kill people in other nations.
Old 2008-12-25, 17:26   Link #808
ikousaN

well light screw it up in the end and everything just become dumber and dumber. he had a chance to win against near.
Old 2009-01-04, 16:28   Link #809
Psychopathic Otaku
*Author

Send a message via Yahoo to Psychopathic Otaku
Let me just say that. If there was such a thing as the Death Note and I were to find it. I would use it without hesitation
Old 2009-01-04, 23:53   Link #810
Sinfully Naomi
Teddytears
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Sinfully Naomi
I think that ends do justify the means. When have you ever seen something gained without something sacrificed? Never! There always have to be some kind of (not to quote FullMetal but) equivalent exchange there.

Light was trying to create a better world, but in the process people had to be used, and lives had to be lost. That's the sacrifice for a better world. Even if he had to kill innocent people in order to keep himself safe. That was still justified for a nobler cause. Light's dream was Utopia, a world without war, and only peace. It would only be right for him to be the god of that new world, seeing as he created it.
Old 2009-01-05, 16:58   Link #811
the mage
Fanboy smitten by Miharu

One of the best lines in Death Note it right at the beginning when Light is explaining his plans to Ryuk saying he going to kill all the criminals and make a perfect world to which the shinigami replies, "but if you do that you will be the only bad person left". It's true, people resent control and he will always have enemies, even as a 'god'.

And Light's intentions started out good but with time and the appearance of L his priorities shifted from creating a perfect world to battling L for the sake of pride. After that and the killing of 'innocents' such as Lind L Tailor, L's stand in, and the FBI agents he had no right to fall back on his 'righteous' cause.

I now reaslise this isn't exactly what the question asked
Old 2009-01-06, 22:42   Link #812
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
There always have to be some kind of (not to quote FullMetal but) equivalent exchange there.
Well you ought to think about the tens of millions of people he saved (by ending the wars, which wasn't focused on in the series) in comparison to the few innocent people he killed.
Old 2009-01-07, 09:16   Link #813
Sinfully Naomi
Teddytears
*Graphic Designer

That is true. I didn't mean the amount of lives sacrificed, though. I meant the fact that lives were lost period for a better cause.

No one ever thinks about the good, they only focus on the physical immorality in Light killing all of those people.
Old 2009-01-11, 16:58   Link #814
zero-ed

Question gasp*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripfag View Post

Light Yagami writes names off of a list. He doesn't even care about due process. He'll kill someone suspected of a crime. Furthermore, he goes on about one day killing people for such horrible crimes as gambling or being lazy.

How can anyone defend someone like this?
...This is why i disagree with what light did....he started killing people for crimes that weren't even crimes...its almost like eugenics!
Old 2009-01-12, 13:50   Link #815
Sinfully Naomi
Teddytears
*Graphic Designer

How is gambling and being lazy even a crime? O.o

If being lazy is a crime, then I am in major trouble.
Old 2009-01-12, 15:18   Link #816
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
How long would it take for anybody to notice Light's heart attacks at the beginning? With a prison population of several million, his contribution would be a drop in the bucket.

Even once Kira's existence is known, how long would it take for people to just start ignoring it? How would deaths by a Kira, totaled over the entire series, compare to deaths by car accident in a single day?
Old 2009-01-12, 23:02   Link #817
Sinfully Naomi
Teddytears
*Graphic Designer

Who knows how many names he has written? Or gotten others to write for him for that matter.

It was just for the sake of the anime that it was actually noticed. I doubt there is anyone who would actually have the deductive genius to figure it out in the real world.

Considering how corrupt everything is, I doubt anyone would care if a bunch of low-lifes died anyway. They world most likely look at the fact that most were criminals and desvered to die. Or they would figure there was some kind of scientific explaination for it, since the supernatural is far too diffcult for the human mind to perceive or accept for that matter.

But them again. I'm just about 100% certain that no one would notice, and that everyone would go on living their lives, and not give a second thought to the deaths of criminals.
Old 2009-01-13, 22:17   Link #818
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Stop trying to put logic into my manga and anime :P

Obviously the principles of the death note make impossible for anyone to actually make an impact worldwide in the case of criminals, since there are millions of them around the world, how many names could you write in a single day? probably far more criminals are sentenced to death penalty and die daily than what Kira's hand muscles could stand in long sessions of writting. Indeed people wouldn't notice, but for the sake of the story is better to leave such common sense out of it

The impact would be very noticeable if we get a kira that kills world leaders and notorious political figures around the world, that would be very interesting to see in some death note spinoff or something.
Old 2009-01-14, 12:02   Link #819
Sinfully Naomi
Teddytears
*Graphic Designer

I'm not allowed to put logic into things? ;_;

Or were you addressing me, and the poster above me? I'm not really sure. Despite the fact that you told me not to put logic into it, I can't really help but to do so. I mean, it's Death Note. The whole anime was based upon logic, and deductive genius. I'm guessing that it makes things a bit difficult to understand, but.... uhm... I don't really know how to simplify it. I'm not all that smart that I can simplify my meanings, and intentions. If you can understand what I mean. ^^; Sorry, but uhm..... yeah*says that a lot*
Old 2009-01-14, 22:01   Link #820
mantidor
the Iniquitous

I was being facetious! I was talking about the direction of the discussion. It's a supernatural scenario so no matter how we treat it there are some points in which we just have to give in to suspension of disbelief, that was all. We can put as much logic as we can of course, but it will obviously end up with some holes, because is about a book that kills people just by writing their names, that alone already defies logic.
Closed Thread