AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Love Live!

Notices

Old 2014-06-29, 05:33   Link #1001
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nork22 View Post
They are only 1/6 scale
- Which reminds me: 1/6 scale is also (roughly) Barbie doll scale. Maybe a bit less. But that means that if you want to dress the girls in clothing other than their Idol uniforms and don't want to shell out for Azone official doll gear, then you can probably get a few cheap items from the local Toy shop's Barbie collection.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-29, 09:20   Link #1002
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

https://twitter.com/LoveLive_staff/s...48372535803904

movie confrimed

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-29, 10:12   Link #1003
l.kostas

ANN article about the movie announcement.
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-29, 10:35   Link #1004
Quickersand

Under Lantis's YouTube channel, they released the videos of the seiyuus little responses. Just like last year.
Quickersand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-29, 12:12   Link #1005
slayer2312

I believe we can see where the budget went judging from the quality of the last insert song
slayer2312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-29, 13:01   Link #1006
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

*claps*

this is the right course of direction :3
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-29, 19:03   Link #1007
Rias

I see why Hata Aki's been overworked. The new song is alright, but I definitely liked the sequence more. It's similar to episode 1's ED, but you gradually get more and more people joining it.

After the tear-jerk from ep 12, I was expecting more this episode, but it didn't really happen. It's not a bad thing though. I'm glad they went for a more positive ending instead.

Side note: With Mitsuishi Kotono appearing as Nico's mother, all it's left is Oohara Sayaka to show up, and it would be complete.
Old 2014-06-29, 19:08   Link #1008
Yye1
Wide Right

^ why would it be complete?

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-29, 22:04   Link #1009
YourIdeas

Had some mixed feelings about the ending but given how episode 11 and 12 went, I wasn't too surprised that they'd go for something more positive to balance out the more sentimental moments.

I really liked how they handled the scene after Honoka drew out the group name on the roof, as it really hits hard that they've come this far, it's coming to an end, and really, that's okay.

For me at least, the ending song, as fun as the sequence was, was just sort of a mood killer that sort of destroyed the point of "ending" the series. The movie announcement is at least nice, and I'm taking it that somehow, they're going to continue doing something anime-related with the Love Live franchise after that project finishes.

Other things from this episode:
- Nico's even got her absurdly youthful mother doing it. To bad she didn't fully inherit all of her...goods.....
- That male alpaca's smug snort when it's revealed that the brown, angry looking one is pregnant. Oh god.
- Hanayo becoming the president of the Idol Research Club is just too cute and totally expected. I'm a tad confused though, because the poster near the end seems to suggest that the three recurring 2nd year girls are going to start their own idol group, while they discuss Rin being the group leader.
- They were either rushing this episode, or Nozomi just sort of changed out of her new hairstyle for no real reason.
YourIdeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-29, 22:05   Link #1010
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Nico mom was definitely this episode's bombshell. Totally came out of nowhere... though there must be something in the water to make MILF's...

(Also, Kotono Mitsuishi should do more MILFs, because ).

Not quite the tearjerker last episode was, but final episode at least wrapped up the series nicely, even if it ended on a not-so-cliffhanger. Also, that Aishiteru Banzai... ;-;

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-29, 23:16   Link #1011
Nork22

Got up early to watch the last episode. They really sent off the 3rd years with a smile and a love song "Aishiteru Banzai!". Definitely got me tearing up.

Enjoyed seeing the girls walk around school and started to remember all the memories and times they spent together, with them finishing the tour up on the roof where it all began. I enjoyed the sentimental moment when Honoka took her time to leave. And when "Oh, Love & Peace" played that just puts a silly smile on my face.

Lastly the announcement came as no surprise but excited nonetheless. The last song was a bit of a mood killer, but still it ended how it started and that's just how this anime rolled.

Oh and Lantis also posted up a clip show from the 0209 concert BD that's being released next month.
Old 2014-06-29, 23:38   Link #1012
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
My take on Episode 13 is pretty similar to YourIdeas' take on it.

I thought it had a lot of nice heartfelt moments, and that it did a generally good job of cluing certain things up, but everything from Hanayo getting that strange call onwards was also a bit of a mood killer for me. I wish they had just kept playing it all straight, and left a movie promo scene for its own clearly separate bit after the closing credits.

Other than that, I have no major issues with Episode 13. I'm glad that it was confirmed that they won Love Live!, and it was nice to introduce a new character in Nico's mom. Honoka and Eri's brief scene together was another nice touch, as was the final rooftop scene with Honoka making the Muse symbol out of water, before watching that water evaporate into the sun. That was pretty poignant and timely symbolism, I felt.

In my own personal headcanon, Honoka saying "We did it. We saw it through to the end!" is how this episode really ended. And everything after that was just a movie promo.

If I look at it that way, it's a very good ending.
Old 2014-06-29, 23:53   Link #1013
novalysis

I wonder what could Hayano's call be about? The Nine Members of Muse being offered a Contract, after their performance in Love Live? Speaking of which, were there any additional rewards for winning Love Live?

But in any case, it is a wonderfully executed ending - sentimental and poignant, without crossing into Melodrama, and a very natural feeling ending. My favorite scene was Honoka's speech - it was a work of total genius - since mere words feel hollow and inadequate to do justice to the occasion, why not sing an uplifting song of the future and moving on? Well done, unconventional in a creative and innovative sense, and a speech very befitting of her character.

That was definitely a graduation no-one forgot - the only issue is, how is she going to top that for the Opening Ceremony next Academic Year?

Speculation time:

My head canon is that the closing song was actually produced AFTER Muse got the news that they won Love Live. So, they decided to get together, and produce a final, bonus music video both for themselves, and for their fans and voters, as a thank you message to their audience. They did that a week or so before graduation, and much tears were shed when they realized that this was probably the last music video they were producing.....

It became one of Nico Nico's most watched video that month, and as a result, Hayano learned that a Publisher is interested in signing on Muse. Why Hayano? Because Hayano was the one in Muse who was lasing with Love Live on administrative details, such as location, timing, requirements etc, etc..... yet another reason why Nico nominated Hayano as president, because Hayano de-facto was sharing administrative and liaising duties with Nico during the last Love Live competition, behind the scenes.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-30, 01:00   Link #1014
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

This was the best possible way to end the series.

I'm not surprise we're getting a movie, but it's still nice to get confirmation. I was half expecting a 3rd announcement for the 7th PV or an A-Rise spinoff.

Just imagine watching a 2 hour film full of music and possibly new rivals.

Maki-chan's hype too!

Images
See?
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-30, 01:16   Link #1015
Nork22

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post
Just imagine watching a 2 hour film full of music and possibly new rivals.
I can imagine something from the Wonderful Rush video where they are going somewhere on a jet plane.

As for rivals... bring on the iM@S girls.
Old 2014-06-30, 02:23   Link #1016
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

Not much of a rivalry, considering that 765 Pro are professionals, while u's are amateur idols. At best I see 765 Pro providing mentoring for u's on various idol stuff. For example Chihaya and Maki teaming up for a soul song duet, or everyone falling for Makoto ( ), or an eating showdown between Honoka and Takane...

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-30, 05:03   Link #1017
Kaengel
Chupa Chups Eater

Fantastic ending.

Hanayo is the one to get the news about something to happen. Seems like since she's the one to manage all the behind the scene paperworks they're not going to stop µ's for now. Wonder what will happen
Old 2014-06-30, 05:44   Link #1018
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
- Who says they have to be rivals?
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-30, 11:32   Link #1019
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm a bit disappointed with the final episode, I expected it to be more emotional. Aside from that one moment on the roof, it was actually pretty funny and upbeat in contrast with the previous two episodes. I suppose this is a more fitting ending for the series than what I had in mind. Love Live! was always supposed to be a fun show, not a tear-jerker. And I'm pretty happy that this ending was not really an ending, we still have the movie to look forward to now. I wonder what they're going to throw at us.

PS: Nico's mom is HOT.
Old 2014-06-30, 11:43   Link #1020
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

fuck, man. mother of fuck

This was an absolutely heartwarming, upbeat, and satisfying finale. I wish by brother had gotten caught up with Love Live and watched this episode since he had recently graduated high school himself last week. I loved this episode. The emotions were all there, and all of the key points were hit. The reminiscing scenes were just so good and nostalgic of season 1. I'm so glad the season ended on such a positive and happy note. Everything was handled amazingly.The farewell address/Aishiteru Banzai! was so sweet...just so sweet. Oh my gawd, my heart. Speaking of songs, this finale dropped so many songs. Susume Tomorrow, piano version of START DASH!, Aishiteru Banzai, Oh, Love and Peace!, Happy Maker...did I miss any?

The Happy Maker performance was fantastic. I absolutely love it when they showed all of the characters dancing to it (the moms and dad of Love Live with the glowsticks, the alpacas, Alisa and Yukiho with the doggy, etc.)

And even till the end, we still get introduced to new characters (Nico's mom. hhnnggg :3).

also, that phonecall...WHAT THE HELL WAS IT ABOUT
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
idol, music