AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-07-03, 21:34   Link #281
Stark700

Wow, I gotta say the OST improved quite a bit. I'm curious to see what else Reiji will pull from his deck, maybe even Ritual monsters? I haven't seen that in a long time.
Stark700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-04, 05:26   Link #282
DMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Sophia doesn't banish cards on the deck. Only hand , field and graveyard.
Oh, in that case, my bad, a player could survive Sophia showing up.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 15:22   Link #283
YourIdeas

Spoiler for Episode 13:
YourIdeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 15:30   Link #284
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

Spoiler:
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 16:01   Link #285
YourIdeas

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumcyclonex View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2014-07-06, 19:21   Link #286
rladls2121

In Yugioh Zexal, Kaito tells Yuma and Astral his full name himself without being asked.

The difference is Yuya asks Reiji his name.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 20:12   Link #287
Stro

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourIdeas View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Stro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-07, 01:54   Link #288
elior

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for episode 13:
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-07, 06:34   Link #289
YourIdeas

Quote:
Originally Posted by elior View Post
Spoiler for episode 13:
It's plot armor in the sense that the protagonist, Yuuya, is pretty much not allowed to lose any important duels, less he harm himself or others around him. This applies whether he needs to win the duel, or a duel he should've lost is somehow cut short. In this case, losing would have meant having their school annexed to LDS.

The episode itself is pretty much recycled from an earlier episode in Zexal, where Yuuma and Astral lost to Kaito, and by extension, Yuuma would lose his soul and Astral would die, but before he can pull off the finishing move, a call comes up that freaks out Kaito so much that he can't take the extra 10 seconds to perform a final attack. Same deal here, just the stakes don't necessarily involve life and death.
Old 2014-07-07, 10:56   Link #290
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
It's plot armor in the sense that the protagonist, Yuuya, is pretty much not allowed to lose any important duels, less he harm himself or others around him. This applies whether he needs to win the duel, or a duel he should've lost is somehow cut short. In this case, losing would have meant having their school annexed to LDS.

The episode itself is pretty much recycled from an earlier episode in Zexal, where Yuuma and Astral lost to Kaito, and by extension, Yuuma would lose his soul and Astral would die, but before he can pull off the finishing move, a call comes up that freaks out Kaito so much that he can't take the extra 10 seconds to perform a final attack. Same deal here, just the stakes don't necessarily involve life and death.
Every Yu-Gi-Oh! series, and most shonen anime/manga in general, tends to have such plot armor. In terms of Yu-Gi-Oh!, Yusei is pretty much the king of such plot armor.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-07, 13:22   Link #291
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
Every Yu-Gi-Oh! series, and most shonen anime/manga in general, tends to have such plot armor. In terms of Yu-Gi-Oh!, Yusei is pretty much the king of such plot armor.
yes though i doubt crashing and getting a piece of metal in the gut that required surgery to remove as was a very good way to activate that plot armor
Old 2014-07-07, 23:30   Link #292
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

Quote:

I remember that duel and episode. That was a GOOD duel, knowing that they were completely owned and facing imminent doom. But alas, plot armor always decides that the protagonist must not suffer anything so drastic that would turn the entire anime upside down.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-08, 02:50   Link #293
Wandering Soul

I saw the plot armor coming a mile away. They had to establish Reji as a serious threat but couldn't have Yuya lose the duel so they had to interrupt the duel. Reminds me of 5ds where they wanted to show off the Earthbound Immortals but had Yusei's bike break down so the duel was technically unresolved.
Old 2014-07-08, 13:33   Link #294
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
I saw the plot armor coming a mile away. They had to establish Reji as a serious threat but couldn't have Yuya lose the duel so they had to interrupt the duel. Reminds me of 5ds where they wanted to show off the Earthbound Immortals but had Yusei's bike break down so the duel was technically unresolved.
The problem with using plot armor right now is that it wasn't completely important to the plot. If it was a major Duel with something crucial to the plot that required Yuya not lose, there wouldn't be as big a problem (unless the plot require Yuya to lose like Yugi/Atem vs. Kaiba at Duelist Kingdom for character development between Yugi and Atem), but this is pretty much the equivalent of the first Duel (or even the graduation Duel) between Judai/Jaden vs. Ryo/Zane in GX where, the first time, Judai DID lose completely and tied at the graduation Duel.
Old 2014-07-08, 16:19   Link #295
Awrya
U mad?

Well, that call was convenient.

Surprised to see Yuuya still believing that only he can do pendulum summon.
Didn't that LSD student took his pendulum cards and performed pendulum summon, proving that having pendulum cards allowed anyone to perform pendulum summon? Memory loss?

In M2 he could have XYZ for Divine Dragon Knight Felgrand before ending the turn for a little more insurance, but well.
Old 2014-07-08, 16:27   Link #296
hamazura
whatever

this yuuya attitude is so annoying
"hurr durr pendulum is special only to me and impossible other player can do that"
and i wonder if yuuya will learn other summon, its so boring with only circus monster, its so weak that he always need to rely on deus ex machina action fvking card.
and dat reiji possibility of pendulum evulotion.... nah, its probably just combining pendulum mass summon and then synchro-xyz, ez win ez life
Old 2014-07-08, 19:57   Link #297
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
"hurr durr pendulum is special only to me and impossible other player can do that"
and i wonder if yuuya will learn other summon, its so boring with only circus monster, its so weak that he always need to rely on deus ex machina action fvking card.
and dat reiji possibility of pendulum evulotion.... nah, its probably just combining pendulum mass summon and then synchro-xyz, ez win ez life
You're being a bit unfair to Yuya really...granted, I agree that (as I feared since hearing about them) Action Cards are really just an excuse for either player to pull a deus ex machina save without having to draw them and making it look like actual "cheating" like before, but seriously, criticizing Yuya for his Dueling style and using the same stuff?

Like Judai didn't use Fusion Monsters SO much? Or Yusei (and most others) with Synchros, especially Stardust Dragon-related stuff (and is the king of total deus ex machina asspull saves)? Or Yuma (and most others) with all the Xyzs, especially Hope/"Utopia" stuff? And ALL of them (including Yugi/Atem) using a bunch of smaller monsters and the whole "power of teamwork" and such to bring out bigger monsters rather than just getting (more) naturally bigger monsters?

Remember that Yu-Gi-Oh! is not SO much a deeply plot driven story so much as a big advertisement for the card game
Old 2014-07-09, 01:10   Link #298
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya
Well, that call was convenient.

Surprised to see Yuuya still believing that only he can do pendulum summon.
Didn't that LSD student took his pendulum cards and performed pendulum summon, proving that having pendulum cards allowed anyone to perform pendulum summon? Memory loss?

In M2 he could have XYZ for Divine Dragon Knight Felgrand before ending the turn for a little more insurance, but well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura
I think what he acutally thoght is "I'm support to be the only person who has pendulum card." not "only he can do pendulum summon."

That LSD student used his cards so it doesn't count.

In Reiji's case he was like "WTF??, how did you have pendulum cards?"
Old 2014-07-11, 20:42   Link #299
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Man, this whole categorizing people based on what monsters they like to use is getting really, really dumb. It was good seeing Reiji actually use a deck that functions in... well, the way you'd expect a real deck to work.

And really, the whole setting in this show is baffling. I'm sure your 10 year old kid would be tired by now of seeing these guys treat different summon types as if it's some sort of AMAZING FEAT that can only be pulled out by the ~truly gifted people~. Like, just the idea that you have to take a course to learn how to summon something is beyond awful, lol.

Other than that, yeah, plot armor, Yuzu's character being completely destroyed in that duel against the Gem-Knight girl... ARC-V really not off to a good start for me. If you can even call 13 episodes in a "start".
Old 2014-07-14, 00:59   Link #300
elior

Spoiler for yugioh arc v episode 14:
elior is offline   Reply With Quote