4 out of 10 : Poor 7 6.48%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.85%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.85%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-03-17, 14:02   Link #61
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Another thing i found funny was when Tsunade called Naruto's name. She was trying to be formal and naruto didnt get it. She had to tell him to answer, and that was kind of funny to me .

Thats what one would expect from slow naruto .
Old 2007-03-17, 18:12   Link #62
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
I dont know which parts were fillers ( also it was hard to guess ) since i havent read the Manga. Also i thought the fight ( and pace) was alot better than last episode's slow moving sand.

I agree with you alot of things that was shown ( be it filler or not) werent directly related to the ongoing fight, however they did emphasize on the changed Gaara. I wont go in detailes because i dont want to spoil you on it . However i think you might like this episode more than the previous one .

P.S. Have you read the Manga?.
I haven't seen this Episode yet to make a final comment about it, just that I in some part agree with Shika and Zek, The Amine doesnt have any reason be trowing so much filler, at least on some specific parts.

I don't mind Fillers created to make the Fihgt last longer, Like Sassuke vs NArutos, Or Sandaime Vs Oro, but the type of fillers we are seen now, is rather annoying given the interruptions.

And Yes Im a MAnga reader

EDIT

So, i got to see this episode, And I got to say, it was really good actually, The fractions of fillers were not a bother, the music was great and the animation was also very good. The Highlight of the episode was DEidara loosing an arm, he lost his arm but he was like nothing happened, that show some badassness there. too bad we have to wait for 2 weeks to see what is going to happen next.

Last edited by Rurik; 2007-03-17 at 19:29.
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 21:02   Link #63
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
I haven't seen this Episode yet to make a final comment about it, just that I in some part agree with Shika and Zek, The Amine doesnt have any reason be trowing so much filler, at least on some specific parts.

I don't mind Fillers created to make the Fihgt last longer, Like Sassuke vs NArutos, Or Sandaime Vs Oro, but the type of fillers we are seen now, is rather annoying given the interruptions.

And Yes Im a MAnga reader

EDIT

So, i got to see this episode, And I got to say, it was really good actually, The fractions of fillers were not a bother, the music was great and the animation was also very good. The Highlight of the episode was DEidara loosing an arm, he lost his arm but he was like nothing happened, that show some badassness there. too bad we have to wait for 2 weeks to see what is going to happen next.

This is what i was trying to say too . I agree with Shika about episode 4. It was anoying and it did seemed like ( even to anime watcher like me that doesnt often notice fillers ) they were taking forever and it was too slow. But I didnt feel the same when i watched episode 5. I was disapointed a bit to see episode 5 got lower rating than episode 4.

Also to reply to ShikaShika about the fillers:

Like the sand village preparing to Gaara scene was actually really cool to me. Also when i watched Gaara taking so much time to use his Desert cofin, i just assumed the further the range the more time and focuse it requires to use it. Also Kankoro and Baki talking with each other seemed rather interesting to me and it showed the character change of Gaara in a perfect way.

Also there are always some changes ( usually minor diffrences) in anime and Manga. So i personally dont think calling them fillers will serve justice to the anime. Its just that anime and manga are a bit diffrent.

Of course every one have diffrent opinions .
Old 2007-03-17, 22:56   Link #64
Lendial

i would prerfer more blood n guts when his arm went splat.
Lendial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 23:17   Link #65
Zetrio
The Knight!

I dont understand why some people are flaming over Naruto's slow pace anime. Naruto has always been known to be slow paced. eg Naruto vs sasuke fight took over 10+ episodes to finish.

I dont think its that slow paced though.

Another flaming i seen is the poor animation and graphics. I dont really think its that bad also. It gets the point across and at least we are not watching some 2d animation like 'crazy crayon xiaoxin' or 'one piece'.

If you think its that bad, dont watch it lol.
Zetrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 00:40   Link #66
Dains11

Cry me a freaking river all you manga readers...honestly I don't care how slow you think its going compared to what you've read and blah blah blah. I LOVE Naruto as an anime, and now that the real stuff is finally coming back on its cool. The fight scenes seem rather slow right now, but honestly, everyone who is saying they're gonna stop watching in 1 or 2 episodes is lying because Its gonna get amazing soon. Give it at least 10-15episodes ya know? I'm sure some sick fights and episodes will be coming up. Its just annoying seeing everyone cry about the fillers, and then CRYYY even more about Naruto now that the fillers everyone has been lamenting about have finally ended.
Dains11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 02:52   Link #67
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I honestly am not catching up with the current issue being debated at this thread.

All I know is that the Deidara v.s. Gaara showdown did not turn any lights on, until the very end.

I do praise the first two episodes for their quasi-cinema quality and delving again upon the emotional and personal aspects of the main characters.

I thought this fight would be getting more gripping or entertaining as it drags on, however, I find it rather plain and not remarkably.

The soundtrack has been playing a key factor to allow to stay wake up and at least make interested in the episodes.

There were two scenes which awakened me from my mundane outlook on this episode.
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 03:15   Link #68
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

A question about the Flash back Kankoro had. Did he tell baki about what Gaara had said? or was it just a flash back he remembered himself?. How was it stated in Manga?.

Also That flash back was it after or before Sasku resuce arc?
Old 2007-03-18, 06:53   Link #69
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
A question about the Flash back Kankoro had. Did he tell baki about what Gaara had said? or was it just a flash back he remembered himself?. How was it stated in Manga?.

Also That flash back was it after or before Sasku resuce arc?
He did not mention any specifics to Baki, he was just thinking to himself. As for whether it took place before the Sasuke arc, if it can't be told from the characters' appearances (i.e. Kankurou's face paint) then we don't know. Haven't bothered to look it up myself actually.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 14:35   Link #70
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

No doubt it's been said already, but "Didn't they say the fillers were over?!?"

I called myself smart waiting 2 weeks so that I could watch 2 new eps of Naruto yesterday and now I'm like "What the hell was that?" I thought Paper-mache hand-mouth guy was pretty cool, but after watching him endlessly make origami birds while Gaara had as much visual emotion as Kira Yamato at a Gundam briefing I guess I was wrong...The pacing of BOTH eps 4 and 5 are just strange and disconnecting....They left the main battle at illogical points and didn't do a good job at really making either Gaara's battle or Naruto and Sakura vs. Kakashi stand out...

After they got Kakashi with the obviously cheezy "Make-out tactics"-no-jutsu I almost blinked out of my eye-lids to see Tsunade and company really impressed with that (Not that the plan wasn't smart, but the overall mood of the battle was lame)... "Narukura" seems better suited for Pokemon's Team Rocket than Team Kakashi based off of that...I mean honestly THIS, THIS IS THE NEW NARUTO?!?!...I'm not gonna act as if I hated or despised or dislike all or any of these eps it's just all a bit underwelming...I even have to say I'm starting to be really dissapointed with this new, organic soundtrack BGM's that doesn't seem to be close to as energetic as the previous series...Episode 5 didn't have one uptempo track that I can remember...Man, it's ruff but other than getting really hype during the cool OP and ED parts I'm just not getting this new show..It's like it's stuck in quick-sand and I don't mean the KazeKage's kind...
Old 2007-03-19, 01:33   Link #71
kikko_s
What's in a name....?

Send a message via AIM to kikko_s
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
I even have to say I'm starting to be really dissapointed with this new, organic soundtrack BGM's that doesn't seem to be close to as energetic as the previous series...
Organic...that's the word I've been looking for since Shippuuden started. No overdrive guitar, no rockin drums. The sound and music of Shippuuden definitely seems more grown up, but they might've spent too much on that and not enough on how they could make the fight scenes better. Look at how they animated the Country of Wave arc waaaay back in the day. That was done perfectly. The pace wouldn't bother me as much if the quality of the animation and fight "choreography" was a little better. Music good, art good...animation and fight filler action...not so much. I sincerely hope it turns around by next next Thursday.
kikko_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-19, 02:15   Link #72

I have posted elsewhere how much I enjoyed the pacing of ep4, because of the atmosphere it created, but I agree ep5 was simply too slow. I can understand where the bomb goes off as a logical cliff hanger, but the filler, I'd use the term padding myself, is just too much. I'd rather see the writers create new cut scenes that didn't appear in the manga than have them fill three minutes by having Deidara dodge Gaara. As much as I loved Gaara reaching for Coffin as someone else mentioned, I'm hoping the one hour special picks up the pace back to at least the previous series 1.3 ratio or preferably the 1.7 for the should be faster paced fights to come.

PS. I'm hearing conflicted reports on the one hour special as I'm reading both the 22nd and 29th, wikipedia has the episode listed as the 29th, anyone wish to clarify?
AvatarAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-19, 04:08   Link #73
HogwartShinobi
Hogwarts is for Shinobi

CHe. Arms or no arms Deidara's the bomb! ...Literally...

"Art's a bang!"
HogwartShinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-19, 17:22   Link #74
evil-samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarAlpha View Post
PS. I'm hearing conflicted reports on the one hour special as I'm reading both the 22nd and 29th, wikipedia has the episode listed as the 29th, anyone wish to clarify?
Its on the 29th. No Naruto this week, when DB listed it as the 22nd it was a mistake.
evil-samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-19, 17:51   Link #75
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil-samurai View Post
Its on the 29th. No Naruto this week, when DB listed it as the 22nd it was a mistake.
TV Tokyo just has us all by the ball$...ain't a darn thing we can do about it either outside of a sabbatical ...
Old 2007-03-19, 19:52   Link #76
Deathwing
what do i know

wow they drag the fights out then they skip a week.... please god fire the people who made the fillers already
well hopefully the pace will pick up soon and the rest of the series will rock
Deathwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-19, 21:38   Link #77
Zek
Eyebrows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetrio View Post
I dont understand why some people are flaming over Naruto's slow pace anime. Naruto has always been known to be slow paced. eg Naruto vs sasuke fight took over 10+ episodes to finish.

I dont think its that slow paced though.

Another flaming i seen is the poor animation and graphics. I dont really think its that bad also. It gets the point across and at least we are not watching some 2d animation like 'crazy crayon xiaoxin' or 'one piece'.

If you think its that bad, dont watch it lol.
Naruto's old pace = roughly 2 chapters per episode.

Naruto's new pace = less than 1 chapter per episode.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-20, 12:50   Link #78
Lumir

I enjoied this episode quite a bit. I dont see how the ep is slow paced, i just think most of the people here are impatient. Anyways this is a fight of tactics, well at least for deirda, as for gaara he is just going all out, allowing some of his ultimate defense to be used offensivly.

Quite intresting that we find out the sand gaara uses to protect himself is highly infused with chakra and alot fast/powerful/dense/ect... Im guessing its the sand that has the strongest minerals combined.

Damb cliff hangers, it looks like part of the village went up in smoke, yet we didnt get to see the base of the explosion after it exploded. Since it was in mid air when it exploded im guessing gaara created a sand shield to protect the village.

I am not a magna reader so i feel naruto is on the right path, the only thing i find annoying is the repeat of scenes. Like in the beggining, i can understand a 3 second repeat but a 10 second one? Oh well its something i can live with.

Good ep.
Old 2007-03-21, 00:01   Link #79
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek View Post
Naruto's old pace = roughly 2 chapters per episode.

Naruto's new pace = less than 1 chapter per episode.
Thats probably just because it just started. Lets wait and see. I doubt It'll stay like that for ever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
TV Tokyo just has us all by the ball$...ain't a darn thing we can do about it either outside of a sabbatical ...
Well the one hour special will calm me down. And after it should keep up with regular pace.. well I hope. ~__~
Old 2007-03-22, 01:05   Link #80
sphinxarcher

Weird cause storyline in anime is kinda different from the manga.But the change seem positive.Now it looks better.Hopefully the 1 hour special would bring more actions.

"The Power To Change Destiny"
sphinxarcher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
episode discussion, weekly episode discussion