Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-09-21, 11:04   Link #141
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Heh, really? He kind of drives me crazy with his stubborn refusal to give much direct advice. He needs to stop living in Fukuda’s shadow and assert his own style.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I'm with Enzo on this one. For most of the show, Nozomi has been pretty much non-existant as far as coaching is concerned. He stepped up this episode but he needed Fukuda do give him a push to do so. Hopefully he changes going forward because the way he's been coaching those kids I don't think many will improve.
I agree that he needs to get out of Fukuda's shadow, and that he could give out more advice. Fukuda basically told him that in the last episode as well. But, as an example it's those moments like in the flash back scene with Togashi that I feel shows where his current strengths lie. He's great at encouraging the players, and he does it in a way that's clearly not meant to be self-serving.

He has flaws he needs to work on, but I think those flaws also just make him more human and interesting to me at least.
Old 2022-09-24, 07:37   Link #142
EroKing

Episode 24

10/10

That just made the ending extra sweet. Need another season of this amazing show.

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-13 at 08:33.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-24, 09:02   Link #143
Decel

That first half was lit! For a non-soccer individual like me, it was very informative. Loved the Kaneda realization, it adds layers to his character.

Likewise, hope for a two-cours second season. Is there enough manga content?

Spoiler for Episode context question:

Last edited by Decel; 2022-09-24 at 09:17.
Decel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-24, 09:04   Link #144
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decel View Post
That first half was lit! For a non-soccer individual like me, it was very informative. Loved the Kaneda realization, it adds layers to his character.

Likewise, hope for a two-cours second season. Is there enough manga content?
They used a third of the manga, more or less. The anime gave it a huge boost in sales, and it was already a very big seller. This really shouldn't even be in question, which just shows you how fucked up the production committee system is.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-24, 10:06   Link #145
grecefar

This was perfect, a 10/10. If there is not a second season we riot!

The match was great, ashito killed it and the second part with hana was so much love, everything in this final chapter was perfect.

There is another football anime coming that I've hear is good but the bar is too high after this.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-24, 10:20   Link #146
leongsh
Daijoubu!

If you can't wait for the second season to be announced, start from Chapter 117. Hana's kiss to Ashito's forehead is at the end of Chapter 116.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-24, 19:04   Link #147
Dextro
He Without a Title

This 100% needs a second season. It was absolutely perfect all the way through. I can't really complain about anything about the show (aside from certain characters actions but those ended up justified and, in the end, just served as foils to our protagonist so it's all good).

That scene with Hana at the end was fire. I know this isn't a romance show but the little bit it does have puts romance anime to shame. Tempted to give a 10/10 to this one. Quite possibly the best football Anime ever made.
Old 2022-09-24, 19:58   Link #148
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
This 100% needs a second season. It was absolutely perfect all the way through. I can't really complain about anything about the show (aside from certain characters actions but those ended up justified and, in the end, just served as foils to our protagonist so it's all good).

That scene with Hana at the end was fire. I know this isn't a romance show but the little bit it does have puts romance anime to shame. Tempted to give a 10/10 to this one. Quite possibly the best football Anime ever made.
That's a big statement, though anime hasn't been as good to soccer as it has to baseball. For me as someone who loves the sport and values realism in a big way, the previous leaders were Giant Killing and Ginga e Kickoff. Ao Ashi is right there with them.
Old 2022-09-25, 08:34   Link #149
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decel View Post
Was there any explicit reason for that yellow card on Musashino's captain?
I thought it was because he mouthed off to the referee.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-25, 09:09   Link #150
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I thought it was because he mouthed off to the referee.
He also fouled Eisaku just outside the area, so it could have been that.
Old 2022-09-25, 12:45   Link #151
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

Good wrap up to 24 episodes. I love the fact that we got 24 episodes instead of 12 short episodes in one run of viewing.

Coach Nozomi smiled which was nice and heart warming. Ashito gets a nice little kiss on the forehead from Hana, upon making Team A. Flustered feelings to lead into the next season!

Question: Hana is Fukuda's blood sister or half sister? She said she wanted to marry him (or someone like him)?
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-25, 12:54   Link #152
grecefar

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumcyclonex View Post
Question: Hana is Fukuda's blood sister or half sister? She said she wanted to marry him (or someone like him)?
step-sister, fukuda's mother married hana's father.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-30, 20:46   Link #153
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Yep, as it's already been mentioned that was absolutely fantastic. If we don't get another season I'll be sorely disappointed.

Tags
soccer, sports