Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-06-07, 18:11   Link #21
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Wait, it's by the author of Your Lie in April? I'm crossing this off my list then.

I actually dropped it before I knew that but knowing it makes me glad I did.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-07, 19:17   Link #22
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Wow, I would have never thought you two would dislike it that strongly I liked it quite a bit myself, but to each to his own I guess.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-08, 02:40   Link #23
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Wow, I would have never thought you two would dislike it that strongly I liked it quite a bit myself, but to each to his own I guess.
Every character besides the MC being a sociopath may have had something to do with it.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-08, 04:13   Link #24
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
me and friend from the cosplay community are crazy fans of Your Lie in April. We were even joking about jumping off a bridge, since there's one near where I work... but can't, we would die since the bridge is high, water is shallow, and the bottom is full of large rocks. lol

when I learned this was a work of the author of YliA, expectations were high. However, this show is really not my cup of tea... character designs are ugly, animation is bad, and the main girl is annoying. All those combined and it's an auto-drop. Sorry for being negative, but it's how I view this anime. Not even Yuuki Aoi can save this thing.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2021-06-08 at 18:18.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-26, 18:28   Link #25
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Finally watched episode 11. It took almost till the end but we actually got a good episode this time. And for once I think we got some insight into what gets Onda's engine revved up. She does need to get into the zone and get rid of idle thoughts. No 'I need to be useful' or 'I'm too excited to control myself'. Just focus on the here and now and we get the good plays from Onda that we have seen a whole 3 times so far. yay.

Also, the author can actually pull some good lines once in a whole

'Athletes are lone wolves. But that does not mean they are alone. They have teammates competing against them and opponents supporting them (...)'

That does seem to be a recurring team in many modern sports series. Haikyuu is another one where they explored this side of teammate/opponent interactions.

episode 12: part 2 of Onda's mentality: she has the emotional strength of jelly. She is truly the bokuto of this series, so she may need to find her emotional manager here.

Last edited by Proto; 2021-06-26 at 18:55.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-27, 13:28   Link #26
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

the movie does help understanding parts in the anime, I actually liked the story, wish the animation was better in parts, its definitely something I would like an s2 for but I doubt that will happen.

Tags
soccer, sports