AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-08-18, 21:27   Link #541
scififan

I don't know why no one mentioned that the necklace resembled Bahamut's claw in Granblue Fantasy. In this anime, this item was bought from a demon shop. In Granbrlue Fantasy, the crew had sleep at night, then they encountered a dragon. After defeating the dragon, the item was giving by Lucifer as a reward. The claw seems to be only a decoration than boosting your party's points.

The progress is interesting. It's the first time the carefree Favaro shows that he also has a regret. Even Nina has feelings for the king, she is still eager to participate the plan to check on him. El is teaming up with Azazel. Even after all emotional turmoil, Azazel still shows his kind side to El. Perhaps, Azazel still sees El as his demon fellow.
scififan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-19, 01:17   Link #542
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Azazel... seeing him grown up and all is nice.
But I do hope he as some improvements in his intelligence too.
His poor decision making has hurt him more than him being a dick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan View Post
I don't know why no one mentioned that the necklace resembled Bahamut's claw in Granblue Fantasy. In this anime, this item was bought from a demon shop. In Granbrlue Fantasy, the crew had sleep at night, then they encountered a dragon. After defeating the dragon, the item was giving by Lucifer as a reward. The claw seems to be only a decoration than boosting your party's points.

The claw was used to trade for a SSR Bahamut Weapon in GBF without forging one from scratch.
It is a short cut that's only available during that specific even.
shmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-20, 16:41   Link #543
zalem

Ahhh, that Azazel/Mugaro reunion was sweet. At first when Azazel ignored him I was worried he was mad or something, but it turns out he was angry at himself. Which makes sense. Now hopefully Aza will learn his lesson and stop doing silly things.
Old 2017-08-20, 17:39   Link #544
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
<snip>

I love love love the Favaro and Nina relationship, they're adorable and so much fun together. Favaro is still not over Amira, I guess it's kind of difficult to get over having to kill the one you love for the greater good ("kill", anyway, I'm pretty sure that Amira is still alive within Bahamut, somehow). I wonder what this means for Nina and Charioce. Because Favaro's warning to Nina is two-fold: do the right thing; but have no regrets. But he's perfectly aware that in this case doing the right thing may mean having regrets. I guess in the end Nina will either figure out a way to do the impossible, or (more likely) Charioce will simply destroy himself saving her the trouble. (And, well, leaving her with regrets.)

Nina x Charioce..... I can't help but to cheer them on as a couple.

However, that bracelet shot in ep. 17 doesn't look like it's a good thing to wear. His wrist is turning black. He's already blind in one eye. I hope that she can save him.
Old 2017-08-21, 22:27   Link #545
zalem

Unfortunately, there is a really high chance he's going to end up dead by the end of this series. Those are the vibes I'm getting. But who knows, maybe they'll go for a happier ending.
Old 2017-08-21, 22:29   Link #546
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Nina x Charioce..... I can't help but to cheer them on as a couple.

However, that bracelet shot in ep. 17 doesn't look like it's a good thing to wear. His wrist is turning black. He's already blind in one eye. I hope that she can save him.
After what he had done, I don't expect anyone to save him.

Finally, the nobles are going to have a royal ball. Please. Don't play disco music during the party, because it ruins the mood, although I don't mind if they are gonna do robot dance, disco dance, or parapara.

By the way, they started a party without a certain someone. Without her, I don't consider the party as the Bahamut party.
Images
missing attendee
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2017-08-23, 12:29   Link #547
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Quote:
After what he had done, I don't expect anyone to save him.
Azael of all people is effectively redeemed now. I don't put past anything for the creators.

The fact they draw parallels with Amira and Favaro either means they go the straight route and Nina chooses the happiness of others over her own. Or they go for the "third route" and Nina manages to be with her lover without sacrificing the future of the world.
Did I say before that how I love this weird subversion of the gender roles here?
Charioce, an assholish confident strong willed ruler is effectively the "damsel" to Nina in terms of the plot.
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-25, 16:24   Link #548
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Favaro is a true wingman and master to Nina after decking Charioce for breaking her heart.
Old 2017-08-25, 16:34   Link #549
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

That ep was a real cracker.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-25, 18:16   Link #550
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It still feels a bit weird seeing Favaro in the wise mentor role. I'm a bit disappointed in this episode because I expected more to happen. The plan ended up being one big failure, and we're still no closer to finding out Charioce's true motives.

Is Gabriel turning into a fallen angel, or was it just the lack of light in her room that made it seem like her wings were dark grey?
Old 2017-08-25, 18:47   Link #551
drawr

Didn't expect Gabriel to have fallen.
drawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-25, 21:33   Link #552
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by drawr View Post
Didn't expect Gabriel to have fallen.
Watch Gabriel DropOut already.

Why Nina is wearing a tiara to the ball? It is not a homecoming.
Old 2017-08-26, 01:31   Link #553
scififan

I also have question about Nina's dress. Is it Robe à la française or Crinoline? In this dress, Nina still has a good appetite, and she can outrun Favaro and Kaiser in their knight uniforms.

By the way, Favaro says that he used to be a knight, but in Genesis he only briefly worked with Jeanne. Since then, he ran away with Amira. I doubted it as his qualification as the knight.

Since no one discussed about the dress here, I also want to comment that Charoice's dress has an unusual handkerchief.
Images
Old 2017-08-26, 02:22   Link #554
Blaat

I'm glad we got at least one decently animated ballroom dance scene this season.
Old 2017-08-26, 02:35   Link #555
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan View Post
I also have question about Nina's dress. Is it Robe à la française or Crinoline? In this dress, Nina still has a good appetite, and she can outrun Favaro and Kaiser in their knight uniforms.

By the way, Favaro says that he used to be a knight, but in Genesis he only briefly worked with Jeanne. Since then, he ran away with Amira. I doubted it as his qualification as the knight.

Since no one discussed about the dress here, I also want to comment that Charoice's dress has an unusual handkerchief.
Images
With Charioce it's either an ascot tie or cravat, looks more like a cravat though. He just doesn't have it tucked into his shirt, in that slide you provided. In the episode itself he has on a black one that's tucked in.

As for Nina's dress, Robe à la française is a style of dress, while crinoline is a type of petticoat. Nina's dress just looks like a generic ball gown, and not a robe à la française/sack back dress.
Old 2017-08-27, 14:03   Link #556
DemonneoPT

Gabriel has fallen. I guess her shady smiles were just misinterpreted. Looks like she actually wanted to solve the problems without any evil masterplan behind it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
I'm glad we got at least one decently animated ballroom dance scene this season.
This. It was fantastic and had a lot of medieval vibe associated to it. We rarelly see these medieval fantasy stories taking time regarding stuff like that. I highly appreciate it. That and those common folks parties with celtic music and tons of drunken fights in between
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-27, 19:29   Link #557
kuromitsu

FINALLY got around to watching the episode, and my poor heart can't take too much of this anymore. The first half was adorable and so so cute! The second half was heartbreaking! Favaro was awesome in both parts!

So just as it was obviously going to happen, Charioce is rejecting Nina pretty much for both their sakes, and not only that but he actively tries to break her heart so she won't come back. GDI you idiot. (By the way, but this was the first time he used an official tone with her, down to his royal "yo" instead of "ore".)

Poor Nina. Poor Charioce. I guess this is officially it for him? He's way too far gone to be able to turn back, even if he wanted to... and that is debatable, considering that it's either his personal happiness or the thing that he'd staked his entire life on all those years ago. Given the kind of person he is he was never going to choose the former, even if the latter is more and more likely to go down in flames (not necessarily dragonfire, either). Only Nina can save him now (and stop him, at this point the two are one and the same thing), and I'm sure the story will do everything to make her decision, whatever it will be, really difficult... and I still fully expect him to die in the end.

Well then. Next up: someone Nina cares about gets killed, or at least very seriously injured.
Easy mode: Alessand, Dias
Normal mode: Azazel, Jeanne (somehow? they have their own issues to work out atm)
Hard mode: .......oh no no no, don't even think about hurting Kaisar! Seriously, no.

On the demons and angels family soap side, FINALLY, AZAZEL AND JEANNE MEET. Uwaaahh.... I'm so curious of how this will play out! Will they develop a grudging respect for each other and ending up bonding over their love for Mugaro, possibly getting drunk reminiscing about simpler times? (I wish.) Will New and Improved Azazel step back and hand Mugaro back to his mom? (More likely.) Will Mugaro just run off and do whatever, leaving Jeanne and Azazel to team up to look for him? (Most likely.)

By the way, there were really nice scene compositions all around in this episode, very charmingly theatric. The "break-up" scene was especially nice, with Nina in the light and Charioce in the shadows, only for him to get into the light as well once Nina steps in to protect him. Nina marching up to the throne and asking Charioce for a dance was awesome, as well. Also, I continue to really respect whoever is (are) responsible for Charioce's character animation, he continues to be one of the best "acted" characters I've seen in anime.

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2017-08-27 at 19:43.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-28, 09:27   Link #558
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Your whole review is awesome, but I just wanted to comment on these:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
By the way, there were really nice scene compositions all around in this episode, very charmingly theatric. The "break-up" scene was especially nice, with Nina in the light and Charioce in the shadows, only for him to get into the light as well once Nina steps in to protect him. Nina marching up to the throne and asking Charioce for a dance was awesome, as well.
Yeap, those sequences sold everything quite perfectly, didn't they? Lovely.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-31, 15:13   Link #559
kuromitsu

The preview images for episode 20 are out!

And they look... deceptively normal? I mean sure they wouldn't post spoilers but after all the hints about how episode 20 is going to be dark and sad that is not what I'm getting from these screenshots.

My guesses:
-Azazel and Mugaro get separated (again?!) - by the way, if we won't get a scene where New and Improved Azazel actually manages to heroically save someone and that someone is Mugaro, there's no justice in the world.
-Jeanne finds that going back to Gabriel is maybe perhaps possibly not the best idea.
-Mugaro stops the knights fighting Kaisar & Favaro.
-Someone is still going to die/gravely injured, but not Kaisar? today the director tweeted a photo of today's music recording with Kaisar on the screen, so unless it was some last-minute work on tomorrow's episode then Kaisar is probably going to live. Whew.

Charioce got a screenshot too, which is somewhat surprising, I'd expected him to sit out this episode. I've seen some people saying that he's going to save Nina, but I really don't think that's going to happen... He wouldn't have done all he did recently if he wasn't determined to cut her and her influence out of his life, even letting her die if necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Yeap, those sequences sold everything quite perfectly, didn't they? Lovely.
Maybe I'm just over-analyzing it but the scene with the light shining on him as Nina protects him is pretty much the only thing now that still makes me hope that he's not entirely lost, if only Nina can find it in herself to forgive him. I mean I still think he's going to die but maybe he can die at peace. I hope.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-01, 15:49   Link #560
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Yeah... absolutely nothing happened.
Nothing.
Spoiler for SnB S2 Ep20 - read this at your own risk!:
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
angels, dark fantasy, demons, dragons, gods, sequel, undead