AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-02-02, 17:43   Link #141
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Bwhahaha, Yokoi finally got her revenge through Uzawa, although in the end she felt bad for Seki. She's too nice.
Old 2014-02-03, 11:31   Link #142
MCAL

What Yokoi said: "Today's lesson's hard, so I hope he doesn't disturb me."
What she meant: "Today's lesson is hard and boring, so please Seki-kun, release me from this hell."

What Yokoi said: "Seki-kun will behave himself. Today should be nice and quiet for once. I've got to be grateful to Uzawa-kun."
What she meant: "Seki-kun will stop with his shenanigans? I'll have to listen to this boring crap? Damn you, Uzawa-kun"
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-03, 12:06   Link #143
Dark Wing

It's funny really and I just found this out. Uzawa’s name comes from the Japanese term “Uzai” or precisely “Uzattai” which means “annoying”. So of course this new character is going to be a pain in the rear.
Old 2014-02-03, 15:09   Link #144
larethian

Spoilers
Spoiler for Part 2 of the special Kanon posted. May contain slight spoilers
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Note that the special contains some slight spoilers on a number of future chapters. Features a single page each from some of the future chapters. Gives an inkling on what they may be about but nothing major imo. Still, not for the spoiler-allergic.

Other than that,
Spoiler for for special content:
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-03, 22:11   Link #145
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Analysis is the best part of the special
Old 2014-02-04, 01:13   Link #146
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

sucks to be the people who dropped this at the first episode, it's the most adorable thing this season.
Old 2014-02-04, 01:30   Link #147
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
sucks to be the people who dropped this at the first episode, it's the most adorable thing this season.
Well, as far as I know it has been getting generally good feedback from many folks and has been consistently and steadily doing a good job, so perhaps it will be able to bring some folks who originally dropped it back to it and draw some new folks to it who passed it over based on summaries or previews or what not. ^^
Old 2014-02-04, 09:22   Link #148
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I imagine Yokoi's grades must be taking a nosedive.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-04, 19:34   Link #149
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
I thought this was probably the best comedy other than D-frag or maybe as good as it this season. The best part is that I laugh just as hard, but it only takes like 6 or 7 minutes. It's basically a: I have only 10 minutes to spare before I have to do more homework/studying... well I'll just watch Tonari no seki-kun.

7 minutes later I'm in a great mood and proceed to do well on my homework/exam studying whatever. It's really great how they make everything so good in just 7 minutes.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-09, 16:48   Link #150
MCAL

Two episodes make everything better...

6:
That robot family song... Label that under being smart and stupid at the same time. Comedy at it best.

7:
This episode wasn't all that funny though. Though I got a kick out of Seki-kun postponing Yokoi letter (Almost as if he knew what was in it all along...)
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-09, 16:56   Link #151
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
Two episodes make everything better...

6:
That robot family song... Label that under being smart and stupid at the same time. Comedy at it best.

7:
This episode wasn't all that funny though. Though I got a kick out of Seki-kun postponing Yokoi letter (Almost as if he knew what was in it all along...)
6 was great for me, especially because Seki-kun wasn't invincible in it. I felt so bad for him, as it went along (the show has won me over successfully).

7 was amazing for me. Like usual the comedy was hilarious. Though the very very end with the love letter "mistake" was a lot funnier for me. I liked how he postponed her letter as well.

This is the first time I've watched a show that's short (i.e. got short episodes) but this is probably one of my top shows this season/ever. It's really short and funny so it can always give me a smile if I have 10 minutes free to do something in between homework/tasks.

I normally like really long series or the medium 2 cour series and the really phenomenal 1 cour series like Madoka, so this has been a real treat for me because it's just so good even though it's short. It's also 2 cour which is nice, but I'd honestly still call this one of my favorites if it were only 1 cour.
Old 2014-02-09, 18:10   Link #152
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Holy crap, the robot family got a theme song by the master Ichirou Mizuki!! That's both awesome and hilarious. Definitely my favorite part of these two episodes. By the way, how come we got two episodes this week?
Old 2014-02-09, 18:16   Link #153
ices
Working Hard

Note passing done right...
Well, I couldn't stop smiling in episode 7. It reminds me when I'm in high school. Such custom was very popular right back then. But It's ridiculously funny that Seki-kun bring it to another level. I can't say whether he is a genius or just got too much free time.

The end with the Love letter misunderstanding also gives a nice laugh. I hope they continue this misunderstanding next episode...
ices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-09, 18:19   Link #154
Pong

Little Robot family. How cute.

I'm pretty sure this letter thing will end up in misunderstanding.
Pong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-09, 19:16   Link #155
Bern-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Holy crap, the robot family got a theme song by the master Ichirou Mizuki!! That's both awesome and hilarious. Definitely my favorite part of these two episodes. By the way, how come we got two episodes this week?
Because next week there's no episode due to the Olympics.

Episode 6 was awesome and although 7 didn't top it, it still was enjoyable

Here is a video of the presentation event with Tonari no Seki-kun's author, Ichiro Mizuki and the seiyuu duo
Old 2014-02-09, 21:04   Link #156
woodearth
Ramen Hunter

Nice they change up the intro for episode 6. Yokoi got the line right!
Old 2014-02-11, 00:54   Link #157
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
Because next week there's no episode due to the Olympics.

Episode 6 was awesome and although 7 didn't top it, it still was enjoyable

Here is a video of the presentation event with Tonari no Seki-kun's author, Ichiro Mizuki and the seiyuu duo
I preferred 7 to 6 though I have to admit the parody of how family mecca with the epic theme-song was cool was making me ROFL.
Old 2014-02-11, 01:01   Link #158
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Well, finally caught up with eps 6 and 7. Very enjoyable as usual, though I also liked ep 6 a little more than ep 7 as well. ^^
Old 2014-02-11, 07:22   Link #159
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by ices View Post
Note passing done right...
Well, I couldn't stop smiling in episode 7. It reminds me when I'm in high school. Such custom was very popular right back then. But It's ridiculously funny that Seki-kun bring it to another level. I can't say whether he is a genius or just got too much free time.
I say both. He clearly is too creative and acknowledgeable to be restricted by the shackles of formal education. Give him time. When he's in college he'll be hacking into the University's network in order to get all the lights in the campus to draw a hand that waves at airplane pilots who fly over them and building nuclear fusion reactors under his bed .

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-11, 10:16   Link #160
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
I say both. He clearly is too creative and acknowledgeable to be restricted by the shackles of formal education. Give him time. When he's in college he'll be hacking into the University's network in order to get all the lights in the campus to draw a hand that waves at airplane pilots who fly over them and building nuclear fusion reactors under his bed .
I could totally see this happening.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
short comedy skit, slice-of-life