AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2016-01-12, 13:29   Link #1961
RDNexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Unfortunately many great stories are copied and pasted. I think in many cases they take stories that they love and change elements to improve the idea. And lets be honest tropes come from the idea that people have used ideas so much to represent certain character types it goes with the territory.
I don't see that reasoning as a way to excuse so many similar premises when there are way better ways to start a story differently and more fresh from the others.
In the end, I think those folks are simply not thinking much when they're starting a story and go with the flow... Resulting in so many stories with similar premises.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-12, 14:35   Link #1962
Estzero1

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
In the end, I think those folks are simply not thinking much when they're starting a story and go with the flow... Resulting in so many stories with similar premises.
Partially yeah, but on the other hand is difficult to come up with something new when there has been all kinds of things already. I mean, how had you, as the author of Bahamut, done the Story differently, so that you don't go with the flow?

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-12, 14:46   Link #1963
KnightShade

i could care less if it's different or the same old same old, so long as it's done well. at the end of the day, execution is what separates a good story from a bad one. any author can make manure into a garden with the write farming techniques.
Old 2016-01-12, 14:51   Link #1964
RDNexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estzero1 View Post
Partially yeah, but on the other hand is difficult to come up with something new when there has been all kinds of things already. I mean, how had you, as the author of Bahamut, done the Story differently, so that you don't go with the flow?
Since I'm not the author of any of those LNs existing, I don't have all the necessary elements to have a proper answer to that question.
As you know, I'm trying to write (re-write, so to say) an original story, and I dare say I haven't started the story in any way I remember from any LNs so far.
That so simply because I've been trying to have all elements and as much of the story thought up beforehand for that end. As far as I know, that's Writer's 101.
Old 2016-01-12, 15:03   Link #1965
Hakai

They feel similar only in the very early parts
But they eventually become different
Different universe different characters so I don't understand how they can be that similar harem/romcom moments aside
Old 2016-01-12, 15:04   Link #1966
Zakoo

"Cliché" and "stereotypes" exist because they please the viewer no matter what era and days. Anyway humanity's culture has existed for many centuries, from theater to phone novel, to create a full original idea without even taking a single glimpse of another creation is litterally impossible, volontarily or involontarily

People react to IS because it is still in our memories but think about it, a boy who goes into an all girl school/class already existed before IS for example, Negima or Love Hina ( And I daresay I have read Love Hina when I was 8 years old so it was ... a very long time), transportation in another world? The first one to do was zero no tsukaima yet nobody compare the "isekai" ( meaning all WN/LN where the MC is transportated into another world) to it. ZnT is old right now, people didn't forcibly see it, but IS really hit the spirit, mostly because of /a/ on 4chan.

For every chara that exist right now, you will find a TVtrop for him, his personnality, or appearance, to create something new has become utterly difficult.

Anyway this whole thing of this story is a copy of this one is a lot of crap, people just want to compare books one each other, the best example I can think is how densetsu yuusha no densetsu got called a copy of naruto because the alpha stigma was a literal copy of the sharingan of sasuke when actually the two book were released nearly one after the other ( Naruto began in 2000 if my memory is right and denyuuden LN in 2002), but since the anime was released 8 years after the LN, it got really bad ads.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-12, 15:22   Link #1967
RDNexus

While it may be true, you know that the fact most of those premises are being found en masse at the same time is turning things harder to digest.
Last cour you had two stories with similar premise, Asterisk & Rakudai, and now you have this one. And I'm not even trying to remember previous cours.
My point is that the authors of these stories could try to be more creative and fresh with their premises, but instead they prefer to start them within the fashion of the time and simply go with the flow.

All of this, of course, may derive from me not following Anime in real time from 2006 back, as these trends may have actually begun way in the past and I've simply not checked it through.
Old 2016-01-12, 16:18   Link #1968
testeottilio

Why lux helped in the coup against his own family?

– Cersei to Sansa Stark

Last edited by testeottilio; 2016-01-12 at 17:26.
testeottilio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-12, 18:13   Link #1969
Direwolf18

Quote:
Originally Posted by testeottilio View Post
Why lux helped in the coup against his own family?
They were almost all (so far just his little sister isn't) not just evil, but freaky evil. Sadistic, cruel, enjoyed wallowing in blood. They finally cross the line and decide to do experiments on someone important to lux, mostly for lulz and he finally had enough.

There is a bit more to it then that but you will see.
Direwolf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-12, 18:26   Link #1970
beast 666
Dragon Of The Destruction

in fact when I saw the first episode of the anime I felt as if was seeing not be rakudai kishi no calvary but when in the light novels show you that saijaku is a very interesting anime and more that adopted the anime

While anyone know or someone I can pass a spoiler of saijaku volume 4 Please if not discomfort

Last edited by LKK; 2016-01-13 at 09:27. Reason: posts merged. don't post multiple times in a row. edit instead.
beast 666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-12, 18:48   Link #1971
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I honestly don't really mind that stories have similar premises as long as it's done well. As other people in other forums have so eloquently put it as well, nothing is original nowadays and everything has already been done to some extent by other people. So now all that's left is to see is how they're doing what they're doing, and not really what they're doing.

@Beast: If you want spoilers, you should go to the Social Group for this series and look there.
Old 2016-01-12, 18:52   Link #1972
beast 666

@dragonOsman :Thanks but you do you think about Fugil the brother of lux think intentions have on lux after the coup d ' état
Old 2016-01-12, 19:30   Link #1973
DragonOsman
Dragon King

You'll find out as you keep reading. Just one little word, though: villain.
Old 2016-01-12, 19:36   Link #1974
Medivh

Any leaks or spoilers about vol 8?
Medivh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-12, 19:41   Link #1975
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Question for you guys how many people so far know about Lux being the mass murderer black hero that brought down the empire?
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-12, 19:49   Link #1976
beast 666

@DragonOsman:already read wow if Fugil is definitely the villain of the story, while lux overlimit and lost a few events for us memory is something very shocking in a way, I wonder which is the Divine Drag-ride more powerful of all saijaku
Old 2016-01-12, 20:17   Link #1977
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Bahamut is said to be the most powerful Divine Drag-Ride from the Old Empire. There are Divine Drag-Rides with more hax powers, like Azi-Dahaka, but in overall power, haxness and versatility, Bahamut trumps all. Azi-Dahaka can just steal other Drag-Rides' abilities, which is what makes it more dangerous. Yoruka's one is apparently the worst enemy for all Drag-Rides. But other than that, it's Bahamut all the way, since Lux still managed to beat Yoruka in the end with Bahamut once he could read her movements.

@Kuro: As far as I'm aware, it's Lisha, Krulcifer, the Principal (whose name I don't remember), Philiphie, Airi (Lux's sister), the Queen of Arcadia Kingdom (Lisha's aunt), and if we count Celis who apparently finds out about it one of yet untranslated Volumes, that's 7 people off the top of my head. There are some more, though, but I can't remember right now.
Old 2016-01-12, 20:59   Link #1978
GLDarkLord

^ Bahamut is powerful but it takes much skills and stamina to fully use on its full potential.

I just watch the anime and I must say the anime version has a solid quality, pleasing to the eyes to watch. Only minor down sides are the missing scenes from LN, which I expected anyway to happen since it only has 12 episodes.
GLDarkLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-12, 21:26   Link #1979
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Lux is a genius, though, as stated in this thread, so he should be able to bring out Bahamut's full potential. I'm looking forward to it.
Old 2016-01-12, 21:52   Link #1980
AP24

After the first episode aired, the boost in LN sales has started to become much more. It won't reach DanMachi's level but let's see if it can reach at least Rakudai's level which sold over 100k copies in the first month and 200k total in 3 months.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, bakapervert, crossdressing, harem, harem done right, harem end, kuudere, mecha, op mc, robot, true harem, tsundere