AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2016-10-19, 08:49   Link #18941
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Does Cleo at least gets her ascension forms to keep her clothing on right? Right? She is Caesar's waifu, don't lewd her!
Tried Lare's Cleo. Her final ascension made her closer to her popular depiction. Long white dress and all. She's way less stripperific than Nitocris.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-19, 09:11   Link #18942
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Tried Lare's Cleo. Her final ascension made her closer to her popular depiction. Long white dress and all. She's way less stripperific than Nitocris.
Took a screenshot while using her NP:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2016-10-19, 09:21   Link #18943
Ryoshi

Goddamn! Now I know where my CE luck went.... 5 missions in and the Wizard & Priest CE just suddenly drops!

Not sure how I feel about that actually...
Ryoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-19, 09:21   Link #18944
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Also a reminder that Cleopatra is actually of Greek Macedonian (like Broskandar) ancestry. Hence the skin color. (seen ppl complaining that she is not brown like Ramesses and Nitocris)
Old 2016-10-19, 09:24   Link #18945
Kakurin
大佐

I like her final sprite. But I don't like her final art. Like with Dantes I don't think this art style fits with the game.

Images
Old 2016-10-19, 09:33   Link #18946
Rasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin-san View Post
I like her final sprite. But I don't like her final art. Like with Dantes I don't think this art style fits with the game.

Images
The thing that bothered me about Cleo's art is that it doesn't look anything like what I imagine a queen of that period to wear, especially in the desert. (long sleeves and leather? Really?)

I was all set to go on a whole rant about it, when I remembered Best Dog. Yeaaaah, I don't think the Irish had skin-tight full-body suits back then either. (It was something of an impracticality until the zipper was invented)
Rasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-19, 09:35   Link #18947
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasen View Post
The thing that bothered me about Cleo's art is that it doesn't look anything like what I imagine a queen of that period to wear, especially in the desert. (long sleeves and leather? Really?)

I was all set to go on a whole rant about it, when I remembered Best Dog. Yeaaaah, I don't think the Irish had skin-tight full-body suits back then either. (It was something of an impracticality until the zipper was invented)
Well, Celts fought in the nude, with bodypaint. You'd not like Cu, Diarmuid and Scathach to do so unless you want the game to get R-18 rating.
Old 2016-10-19, 09:43   Link #18948
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:

Images
How's her first skill?
Old 2016-10-19, 09:54   Link #18949
Nicaea

Quote:

Images
Dantes at least fits with the whole dark and edgy he has going on and his class being avenger. I do wish that guest artists like this guy would rein themselves in a bit, but it's DW's fault for giving the OK to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
How's her first skill?
Afaik, her skills are the following: imperial privilege: self random effects
golden rule (wealth and body): self NP gain up (3 turn) + every turn np gauge (3 turn) + every turn hp recovery (3 turn)
goddess's blessing: self invuln (1 turn) + debuff removal + stars

Maybe Lare could confirm.
Nicaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-19, 10:01   Link #18950
McW
Canaan II When?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicaea View Post
Afaik, her skills are the following: imperial privilege: self random effects
golden rule (wealth and body): self NP gain up (3 turn) + every turn np gauge (3 turn) + every turn hp recovery (3 turn)
goddess's blessing: self invuln (1 turn) + debuff removal + stars
However her biggest selling point is her AOE NP buster with a 30% buster buff before damage and up to 70% if 500% overcharge... and being voiced by Kugimiya.

Imperial Privigle is 60% chance, only heal is guaranteed.
McW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-19, 10:05   Link #18951
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Dantes at least fits with the whole dark and edgy he has going on and his class being avenger. I do wish that guest artists like this guy would rein themselves in a bit, but it's DW's fault for giving the OK to begin with.
I think Komatsuzaki didn't go overboard here.

What he draw is also happened in Fate by fact, transition from modern clothes to traditional clothes; made me wish non-ascended Gil use his biker attire.

Think of it like Saber who transform her clothes into her battle attire when the situation need her to be serious.
Cleo is always depicted as a modist, going full leather while also wearing Millenium Ring (and use Millenium Puzzle as her castle) fit her somehow.

IMO what kill the mood is her last art, it would work better if she's wearing her traditional clothes instead of modern ones.
Old 2016-10-19, 10:05   Link #18952
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Pair her with Ramesses if you have both.
Old 2016-10-19, 10:48   Link #18953
usspaul

is this a new event ? or was this suppost to be the real event ?
Old 2016-10-19, 11:09   Link #18954
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by usspaul View Post
is this a new event ? or was this suppost to be the real event ?
This is the Halloween 2016 event. What we've seen for the last week (and will continue to for one more week) is a rerun of the Halloween 2015 event. If you've gotten all you want from the latter, then by all means ignore it and concentrate on the new one.
Old 2016-10-19, 11:09   Link #18955
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
I do wish that guest artists like this guy would rein themselves in a bit, but it's DW's fault for giving the OK to begin with.
This is like saying Jing Ke/Nightingale's artist is a guest artist, pako is a guest artist, Tawawaneko (Medea's artist) is a guest artist, AKIRA is a guest artist, Shima Udon is a guest artist, raita is a guest artist, BLACK is ry). I'm really not sure if guest artist is the right term for it since these characters didn't originally exist (in TM materials, all fully designed) before the artist design them in FGO...

In any case, Type-Moon is probably the one who got him to do it, so if you dislike the artwork for not being the ideal design for Cleo, blame them for liking Komatsuzaki's art. Believe it or not, Nasu did play DR once and really like it, and Takeuchi did a tribute art to DR once, so it is more likely that they approached Komatsuzaki to design some servants they think is good with his artstyle.

If you dislike his art and design, it's fine and all since taste. But don't think he is the one volunteering to do it or that DW got him doing designs without TM permission, and misblame people.

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-19, 12:57   Link #18956
Nicaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
This is like saying Jing Ke/Nightingale's artist is a guest artist, pako is a guest artist, Tawawaneko (Medea's artist) is a guest artist, AKIRA is a guest artist, Shima Udon is a guest artist, raita is a guest artist, BLACK is ry). I'm really not sure if guest artist is the right term for it since these characters didn't originally exist (in TM materials, all fully designed) before the artist design them in FGO...

In any case, Type-Moon is probably the one who got him to do it, so if you dislike the artwork for not being the ideal design for Cleo, blame them for liking Komatsuzaki's art. Believe it or not, Nasu did play DR once and really like it, and Takeuchi did a tribute art to DR once, so it is more likely that they approached Komatsuzaki to design some servants they think is good with his artstyle.

If you dislike his art and design, it's fine and all since taste. But don't think he is the one volunteering to do it or that DW got him doing designs without TM permission, and misblame people.
Where did I ever give the impression that he wasn't asked and given the green light to do his work?
Nicaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-19, 13:40   Link #18957
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Rolled 5 tickets and 2 10-rolls.

Nothing. No event CE, no Cleo, no Vlad. tears.

Ah well.

Quote:
Also a reminder that Cleopatra is actually of Greek Macedonian (like Broskandar) ancestry. Hence the skin color. (seen ppl complaining that she is not brown like Ramesses and Nitocris)
Some evidence suggests that she had a Persian slave as a (Great) Grandparent, but yes, thanks to the Ptolemaic tradition and desire to never intermingle into the Egyptian population, centuries of inbreeding and incest made sure Cleopatra ended up being 99% as Macedonian as Iskander was. If it isn't the Blue Blood lineage, then the thick blood would have made her pale.

Although if you ask an Egyptian nowadays what they consider Cleopatra as, they would call her Egyptian rather than Greek. Despite, or maybe inspite of her pure blood upbringing, Cleopatra made the effort to win over the people of Egypt at her time by speaking their language, listening to what they needed, and issuing laws directly to them. I guess to her, being born in Egypt made more of difference than being kept from ever having Egyptian blood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
I think a lot of it is whatever Nasu/Takeuchi think is cool, it would eventually get added to whatever Type Moon stuff they liked. *sees Archer using dark could weapons in the anime*

I honestly like how different Komatsuzaki's art is from everything else in the game. I honestly love how Cleopatra looks and wish I could have rolled her, but alas.

A lot of the art in the game shifts more towards a specific trend of making the servants sexy, which is understandable but kind of overblown at this point I feel. I do wish she had her third ascension dress as final ascension, but I get why the focus on modern day clothing for her.
Old 2016-10-19, 13:45   Link #18958
Rasen

Quote:
Well, Celts fought in the nude, with bodypaint. You'd not like Cu, Diarmuid and Scathach to do so unless you want the game to get R-18 rating.
Wait....so you mean this whole time, Shishou's been holding back on us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
A lot of the art in the game shifts more towards a specific trend of making the servants sexy, which is understandable but kind of overblown at this point I feel. I do wish she had her third ascension dress as final ascension, but I get why the focus on modern day clothing for her.
You do? I don't. (I'm not against it per se, but I don't understand the choice.)

Also, while a lot of the art in the game goes towards sexy (particularly the CEs), the Ascension pics are most a mixed bag. If I don't look up the pics, I honestly wouldn't know whether the next time they ascended, a servant would put on or take off more clothes.
Rasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-19, 14:40   Link #18959
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

As an aside, I love that KugiRei is back to voice another servant. I wished she had voiced Ibaraki, but her Cleo voice is much better than I expected. Makes her sound like Al, but actually fitting lol

It is easy to forget because she keeps on getting pigeon holed into those "URASAI URASAI URASAI" roles, but KugiRei can actually do great voice work.

Quote:
Wait....so you mean this whole time, Shishou's been holding back on us?
Aya, holding back so that the profit margins stay.

Quote:
You do? I don't. (I'm not against it per se, but I don't understand the choice.)
I like the white dress. I like the idea of how the further they go into their ascension, the closer they get to their older appearance.

Which isn't a hard rule in this game but eh.

Quote:
Also, while a lot of the art in the game goes towards sexy (particularly the CEs), the Ascension pics are most a mixed bag. If I don't look up the pics, I honestly wouldn't know whether the next time they ascended, a servant would put on or take off more clothes.
I think that is an issue everyone has the ascended looks of the servants had been something most either complain about or wish could have been more uniform across the different classes. But it is what you get when you have more than a single artist working on over 100+ characters and giving each one 3 different forms.

I do think that the best ascensions are the ones where the servant either adds to or changes their clothe into something cooler, rather than just take their clothe off and be more revealing to be hotter. I feel the latter actually reduces how attractive they are meant to look, but I guess to me more skin !=! More sexy.
Old 2016-10-19, 15:43   Link #18960
usspaul

Is there a requirement for the volcano world

Tags
fgo, gacha, ios, type-moon