AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2023-03-25, 06:27   Link #161
Amarantine

The fact that it's nothing but Tokyo arc stuff is encouraging. It needs at least the entire first cour to be told properly, and it looks like it will get that.

Too bad they didn't reveal Jin-e's seiyuu. Was curious to know who would replace Akio Ohtsuka (big shoes to fill there).
Old 2023-03-25, 13:48   Link #162
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Animation and manga-accurate style look on-point !
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
So apparently that's Yuma Uchida as Aoshi and Saori Onishi as Megumi.
Saori Onishi sounds great (as expected) but I can't say I ever expected Yuma Uchida as Aoshi. Or that he sounds good .
Old 2023-03-26, 04:29   Link #163
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
There’s…..there’s nothing wrong with their voices at all, but……..as a decades-old Rurouni Kenshin fan these new voices just sound so WEIRD!!! Am I ever going to get used to these new voices??!!
Old 2023-03-26, 07:19   Link #164
Amarantine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
There’s…..there’s nothing wrong with their voices at all, but……..as a decades-old Rurouni Kenshin fan these new voices just sound so WEIRD!!! Am I ever going to get used to these new voices??!!
I know the feeling, and I am even more worried about Shishio and Soujiro since I found their original voices to be incredible standouts even among the overall stellar cast. But of course, let's try to give the new seiyuu a chance.

Though, as you mentioned before, I have some hope that they at least keep Ken Narita as Saito since he was already Hirotaka Suzuoki's replacement (a perfect one at that) and has sadly never gotten a chance to voice the character in anything good (only in those rotten Kyoto OVAs). Saito did have a brief but conspicuous cameo in this new trailer, so we may find out whether that's the case sooner than expected, I suppose.
Old 2023-03-26, 16:24   Link #165
ditn

This is going to be really hard for me as well, the voices in my head are different -.-
Old 2023-03-27, 16:25   Link #166
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Heh, I grew up with the Indo Dub (which was very good btw) before I came across the Kenshin fansub and rewatched it again in its original track back in 2010s. I like Mayo's voice enough but never love it. Strangely enough, the seiyuus performance for the core protags never captivated me as much as the Indo-Dub, and this is me who is always ready to love original anime's voices at the drop of a hat. I guess my local Dub VAs really did a great job back then👌. Yes, I still prefer the Indo-Kenshin's voice (Bang Chombi) than Mayo's voice even now, no matter how sacrilegious it sounds

Anyway, depending on how the new seiyuus do their job in the upcoming show, I might like this cast even more. I already like them in the trailer.
Old 2023-03-27, 16:31   Link #167
grecefar

Never watched with the original japanese voices so I'm won't have a problem with this.
Old 2023-03-27, 20:23   Link #168
Frontier

I got into Kenshin through the original English dub so I'm willing to give this new cast a shot .
Old 2023-03-28, 06:40   Link #169
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I got into Kenshin through the original English dub so I'm willing to give this new cast a shot .
I only watched a clip from the English dub but it was from the tv series. Were the voice actors for the OVAs different? Also, I think a famous anime actor did the voice of Kenshin in the liveaction but I don't remember his name except that he did the work of Akito Hyuga from Code Geass.
Old 2023-05-15, 00:09   Link #170
Huh...?

YouTube

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Old 2023-05-15, 18:06   Link #171
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
YouTube
Is that really Yuma Uchida !?
Old 2023-05-15, 19:05   Link #172
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I have to say this looks damn good. Liden has leveled up over the last couple of years in terms of animation, but this looks like it’s among their best work. Character designs are very faithful but honestly, that’s what I would want.
Old 2023-05-15, 20:56   Link #173
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

The old school approach here was clearly as intended and not by accident. As a stylistic choice I suppose it's to also get the attention of those who watched the original run. The question now is if this decidedly more 90s approach will get the attention of younger viewers.
Old 2023-05-15, 21:22   Link #174
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I think you underestimate the importance of RuroKen in Japanese pop culture. All the live-action movies were blockbuster hits and you don’t do that without a lot of young audience. RK never really went away - it’s almost like Eva in that sense.
Old 2023-05-15, 22:20   Link #175
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I think you underestimate the importance of RuroKen in Japanese pop culture. All the live-action movies were blockbuster hits and you don't do that without a lot of young audience. RK never really went away - it’s almost like Eva in that sense.
RK is already Watsuki's magnum opus; I don't believe he was ever able to create an RK level hit with his later works (anyone recall Busou Renkin or Embalming?)

Speaking of live-action, I wonder if the new anime will stick closer to the manga pacing of events or incorporate the changes the live-action movies did.

Spoiler for Movie discussion:
Old 2023-05-15, 22:36   Link #176
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
The old school approach here was clearly as intended and not by accident. As a stylistic choice I suppose it's to also get the attention of those who watched the original run. The question now is if this decidedly more 90s approach will get the attention of younger viewers.
I feel like people are really into throwbacks these days .
Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
RK is already Watsuki's magnum opus; I don't believe he was ever able to create an RK level hit with his later works (anyone recall Busou Renkin or Embalming?)

Speaking of live-action, I wonder if the new anime will stick closer to the manga pacing of events or incorporate the changes the live-action movies did.

Spoiler for Movie discussion:
I actually really loved Busou Renkin .
Old 2023-05-15, 22:53   Link #177
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I liked it too, and it didn’t do badly, but it was no RK.

I don’t want to see any of the movie timeline inserted. Anime has already diverged from the manga once - to me the whole point of this reboot is to faithfully adapt the parts of the manga that weren’t adapted.
Old 2023-05-15, 23:56   Link #178
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I liked it too, and it didnÂ’t do badly, but it was no RK.

I donÂ’t want to see any of the movie timeline inserted. Anime has already diverged from the manga once - to me the whole point of this reboot is to faithfully adapt the parts of the manga that werenÂ’t adapted.
Didn't the 1st anime faithfully cover the manga content, at least as far as the Shishio/Kyoto arc? Iirc it mainly diverged with all the filler stuff afterwards, and that was to buy time until the Jinchu arc was finished manga-side (which failed to happen in time).

Last edited by zztop; 2023-05-16 at 00:07.
Old 2023-05-16, 01:24   Link #179
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
On one hand, I'm super-excited.

On the other hand... stay far, far away from the English Twitter side, assuming anyone on the English Twitter evens decides to talk about this.

i fully expect this will become popular in Japan- it IS Rurouni Kenshin, after all. Meanwhile, considering the sins of the creator, I fully expect English viewers to go "YYYYYY Japanese PPL???????"

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Old 2023-05-16, 01:51   Link #180
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Indeed, and I’m quite undecided about how I want to handle that as far as covering it is concerned.
Closed Thread