AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2017-09-24, 10:50   Link #4461
azenable
President of TecoT

The manga is definitely more interesting.

Spoiler for manga:
azenable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-24, 11:59   Link #4462
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
So his new form would be a perfected version of Future Trunks' final form? I wouldn't complain, since that spot is still in my opinion one of the best moments in DBS to the present, with a mortal managing to apparently draw out mortal and divine ki together and then absorb a spirit bomb formed spontaneously from the will of all the life on the planet, unasked, to obtain enough power to destroy the god that killed all gods. Having Goku perfect that would certainly be an interesting move.

As for Frieza's motives in tricking Frost, I'd say it's twofold. First, he saw Frost as someone useful. He's not so lacking in self-awareness that he doesn't realize an evil, indifferent personality like his can be a convenient tool, so he figured Frost would be a good pawn for as long as he lasted. On top of that though, it might have been his own arrogance. Remember how he called Frost an "amateur" before. He probably has some skill in assessing his opponents at this point, and this guy was an insult to his face, so he did the only thing he could do to maintain his own ego: use the chump up then demonstrate his own superiority once his usefulness started to wane.
The preview pretty much debunked that theory. We see the genkidama getting thrown at Jiren in it.

Regarding Frieza, I'd say his main goal was to test what he could get away with in this tournament and gain information. He saw that despite his threats, Beerus didn't even try to intervene even though he was fighting Gohan. This indicated that members of the audience including the GoDs can't interfere, but he needed to make sure of that because you never know what the Zenos might allow. That's when Frost came in. He earned his trust and betrayed him, predicting Frost would be so angry he would want to retaliate. Frost was erased on the spot when he did so and the Zenos were clearly angry, confirming this rule wouldn't change. This is very precious information if he's aiming to be the MVP. There's another invaluable information he gained in this ep, and it's that the Zenos don't mind betrayal, they were in fact rather excited to see two people from the same universe fight each other. Now he knows for sure that when the time comes, he'll be able to eliminate U7 members without facing any repercussions.

I liked how he managed to get around the no killing rule too. Mortally injure the opponent and ring him out immediately so he dies on the stand rather than on the ring. This doesn't benefit him in the least though (losing universes are going to get erased anyway, and U7 has senzus), that's just him being a sadist. I have to say the writers are handling him rather well so far.
Old 2017-09-26, 12:05   Link #4463
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by azenable View Post
The manga is definitely more interesting.

Spoiler for manga:
Just read chapter 28

Spoiler:
Old 2017-09-26, 14:44   Link #4464
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Just read chapter 28

Spoiler:
about it:
Spoiler:
Old 2017-09-26, 15:58   Link #4465
rpgman1

Spoiler for Manga:
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-27, 00:46   Link #4466
Idealist 99

Quote:
Just read chapter 28

[spoilerI wonder if this is what Toriyama had always planned and Toei fucked it up, or if he actually toyed with the idea of making Goku an accidental villain before changing his mind (hence the anime backtracking by having Vados defending him a few episodes later in the anime).
[/spoiler]
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2017-09-27, 11:52   Link #4467
azenable
President of TecoT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
about it:
Spoiler:
u read wrongly. Zeno mention 4 universe is enough. Zeno did not mention U7 will be spared.
u now stand corrected.
and enough about goku being a bad parent. its ok acceptable in Japan. How many anime u watch where the parents actually appear in the anime being pro-active? most of them have parents conveniently away. Thats how Shonen works. Sailor love the seas and spend most of their time away, it dun mean they dun give a shit about their family DUH
Old 2017-09-27, 14:17   Link #4468
Hoodspirit

Who cares if he is a bad father/husband as long as he will be a great master for Caulifla far far away from home?
Hoodspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-28, 00:20   Link #4469
alex_drian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodspirit View Post
Who cares if he is a bad father/husband as long as he will be a great master for Caulifla far far away from home?
Goku is going to train with Caulifla -> Goku returns for DBZ final ->Goku had a children with Caulifla for "accident" (like his two sons) -> everyone are scandalized, but no Goku, because he don't understand the seriousness of the situation, the concept of being married and all that.

But, nee, this is not the right anime, only Jojo did a thing like that.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-28, 00:31   Link #4470
Blueknight78

Quote:
u read wrongly. Zeno mention 4 universe is enough. Zeno did not mention U7 will be spared.
u now stand corrected.
and enough about goku being a bad parent. its ok acceptable in Japan. How many anime u watch where the parents actually appear in the anime being pro-active? most of them have parents conveniently away. Thats how Shonen works. Sailor love the seas and spend most of their time away, it dun mean they dun give a shit about their family DUH
yeah but he told which only 2 universes where the ones which "high development and all the others 10 where pretty much the same, then this means which the battle was not just 8(if i'm not wrong in the anime where only 8 universes i could be wrong again) then since 4 are enough and only 2 where spared then this tournament was to decide the 2 remains to complete the 4 not the "extra one in this case the 5 which was originally what they where to be.

I hope next chapter they explain proper the rules like in anime, because the way they explainned so far only 2 universes are currently being spared not 4 as the anime.

about parent:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Blueknight78; 2017-09-28 at 01:48.
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-28, 21:17   Link #4471
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Just checked some facts about this weekend episode

Spoiler for plot:
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-29, 09:36   Link #4472
azenable
President of TecoT

Quote:
yeah but he told which only 2 universes where the ones which "high development and all the others 10 where pretty much the same, then this means which the battle was not just 8(if i'm not wrong in the anime where only 8 universes i could be wrong again) then since 4 are enough and only 2 where spared then this tournament was to decide the 2 remains to complete the 4 not the "extra one in this case the 5 which was originally what they where to be.

I hope next chapter they explain proper the rules like in anime, because the way they explainned so far only 2 universes are currently being spared not 4 as the anime.

about parent:
Spoiler:
y guku being parent topic need to be a spoiler? firstly if u follow early part of DBZ and the movies, Goku isn't a bad parent. his earlier image is always with kid govan(4 stars) doing father things. Gohan is now independent so goku dun need to hang up as much anymore. He never really connected with Goten, back when Toriyama was developing Z, Saiyan and Freezer to cell saga, Goku was a good father. only after he died and was wish back to life due to emergency, then this bad parent thing came about. Because at this time, the audience don't need any more story character building, they just wanna see their childhood hero fight. the demand has changed. Ppl in japan dun care about comparing goku to real life. They know its a manga and only power up matters lol.
so stop using IRL view to judge and read Dragonball.

on topic of zeno, it was never mention which would survive. only a total sum was given. also baring in mind 2 things, U7 is stated as one of the lower developed. and Universe come in a pair..
Old 2017-09-29, 11:14   Link #4473
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Just checked some facts about this weekend episode

Spoiler for plot:
There is no episode this week-end. The special (which is really just episode 109 and 110 airing back to back) will air next week.

It's surprising there is no details on the new form yet, but I expect spoilers will pop up next week.
Old 2017-09-29, 17:13   Link #4474
Blueknight78

Quote:
y guku being parent topic need to be a spoiler? firstly if u follow early part of DBZ and the movies, Goku isn't a bad parent. his earlier image is always with kid govan(4 stars) doing father things. Gohan is now independent so goku dun need to hang up as much anymore. He never really connected with Goten, back when Toriyama was developing Z, Saiyan and Freezer to cell saga, Goku was a good father. only after he died and was wish back to life due to emergency, then this bad parent thing came about. Because at this time, the audience don't need any more story character building, they just wanna see their childhood hero fight. the demand has changed. Ppl in japan dun care about comparing goku to real life. They know its a manga and only power up matters lol.
so stop using IRL view to judge and read Dragonball.

on topic of zeno, it was never mention which would survive. only a total sum was given. also baring in mind 2 things, U7 is stated as one of the lower developed. and Universe come in a pair..
the spoiler tag was to "reduce the wall of text.

actually they care, this is so far which he ended having to explain goku "bad parents" behavious, comparing him with his father and overal sayan race behavious which even the manga and movie showed which he is not "that bad", even in the end neither his father don't looked being that bad and vegita goes from a "evil crap guy" to one of the almost "super protective father" and good husband, showing which indeed this is a "goku thing".

if you read the manga and the part which "showed which" goku was not there when chichi was pregnant for the first time and also don't see when he born, already show which things not where "as you are claim" and he really that lovelly and probably he "leaving" his family alone, already started even before Z and goku started to leave chich alone even when she was pregnant for a "long time".

and another note "movies are not considered canon", only the anime and manga and maybe some rare cases when akira accepted when canon, but overal they are not.

when you get all the jokes, in the super manga about how goku was a bad parent and what he did during the Z time even when gohan was a kid, just the fact which he wanted to stay dead over come back to his family (and don't come with the "he wanted to protect them which this already was dismissed by akira, he only asked to stay dead because he found more strong peoples in the afterlife).

if even akira said which he is a bad parent why you are saying which "not?.

just because i dislike how goku is a bad parent, don't means which i want he burn in the hell and bla bla bla it's just a bad trait of him which i like many others dislike and it's "normal.

jesus it's really getting tiresome peoples being unable to say opnion and having peoples crap over it like "his perfect character" can't have faults or the world is ending, omg.

in the end we are talking about a anime and anime characters and are sharing our own opnions and some cases some facts and aslong we are not breaking any rules then is fine if you don't like peoples pointing negative traits of a character just ignore it simple like that because in the end it's not gonna affect neither my neither your life, then peace right.
Old 2017-09-29, 20:09   Link #4475
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
There is no episode this week-end. The special (which is really just episode 109 and 110 airing back to back) will air next week.

It's surprising there is no details on the new form yet, but I expect spoilers will pop up next week.

Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-30, 13:19   Link #4476
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Quote:
the spoiler tag was to "reduce the wall of text.

actually they care, this is so far which he ended having to explain goku "bad parents" behavious, comparing him with his father and overal sayan race behavious which even the manga and movie showed which he is not "that bad", even in the end neither his father don't looked being that bad and vegita goes from a "evil crap guy" to one of the almost "super protective father" and good husband, showing which indeed this is a "goku thing".

if you read the manga and the part which "showed which" goku was not there when chichi was pregnant for the first time and also don't see when he born, already show which things not where "as you are claim" and he really that lovelly and probably he "leaving" his family alone, already started even before Z and goku started to leave chich alone even when she was pregnant for a "long time".

and another note "movies are not considered canon", only the anime and manga and maybe some rare cases when akira accepted when canon, but overal they are not.

when you get all the jokes, in the super manga about how goku was a bad parent and what he did during the Z time even when gohan was a kid, just the fact which he wanted to stay dead over come back to his family (and don't come with the "he wanted to protect them which this already was dismissed by akira, he only asked to stay dead because he found more strong peoples in the afterlife).

if even akira said which he is a bad parent why you are saying which "not?.

just because i dislike how goku is a bad parent, don't means which i want he burn in the hell and bla bla bla it's just a bad trait of him which i like many others dislike and it's "normal.

jesus it's really getting tiresome peoples being unable to say opnion and having peoples crap over it like "his perfect character" can't have faults or the world is ending, omg.

in the end we are talking about a anime and anime characters and are sharing our own opnions and some cases some facts and aslong we are not breaking any rules then is fine if you don't like peoples pointing negative traits of a character just ignore it simple like that because in the end it's not gonna affect neither my neither your life, then peace right.

I am actually beginning to question the whole "Goku is a Saiyan and Saiyans are amoral sociopaths who are mostly concerned about combat, therefore Goku is a sociopath who only cares about fighting more than anything else" meme. It really makes Goku seem a lot more monstrous than he actually is and it makes seem like he doesn't care about anyone but himself. Granted, I am exaggerating this but this is getting ridiculous and Super didn't really help matters by 'confirming' this aspect of Goku.
Old 2017-09-30, 19:42   Link #4477
azenable
President of TecoT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
I am actually beginning to question the whole "Goku is a Saiyan and Saiyans are amoral sociopaths who are mostly concerned about combat, therefore Goku is a sociopath who only cares about fighting more than anything else" meme. It really makes Goku seem a lot more monstrous than he actually is and it makes seem like he doesn't care about anyone but himself. Granted, I am exaggerating this but this is getting ridiculous and Super didn't really help matters by 'confirming' this aspect of Goku.
its best not to bring IRL feeling and logic on to a fictional alien race...tat was draw for the purpose of entrainment not education.

but then its wrong to say Goku dun care are anyone but himself as shown it was his love of earth that allow him to be stronger and the flashback to people around him before he manage to throw back the final Beerus energy ball in BoG.
There was once lived many man who are die hard fans of man Utd, decorating their house in Man U Red and wearing their jersey everywhere. sneaking away from his wife to watch matches at the pub with his mate. dose not make him an unloving man to his wife.
Old 2017-09-30, 19:56   Link #4478
Blueknight78

Quote:
its best not to bring IRL feeling and logic on to a fictional alien race...tat was draw for the purpose of entrainment not education.

but then its wrong to say Goku dun care are anyone but himself as shown it was his love of earth that allow him to be stronger and the flashback to people around him before he manage to throw back the final Beerus energy ball in BoG.
There was once lived many man who are die hard fans of man Utd, decorating their house in Man U Red and wearing their jersey everywhere. sneaking away from his wife to watch matches at the pub with his mate. dose not make him an unloving man to his wife.
i really doub that said peoples could leave they "homes" for like one year or more just to train or leave then alone when they where pregnant if they really did "love" they family or choose remain far way from them, this show how much "goku love his family, i really doubt any wife of family could still in love or supporting this sort of "husband", leaving sometimes to watch something for few "hours =//= from leave the family behind for months or even years just for selfishiness.

and goku "love for earth" is not strong than his "love for battle" which is what put earth in trouble most of the times, goku passion for battle is much more strong than "any love other love he could have", because this make him take foolish moves just for the sake of have a awesome battle.

another note remember on which character goku is based, which is the chinese moneky god which was "chaotic and trickster by nature" and ended punished by the others gods due to his crap behavious, then is easy to see why goku is like that.
Old 2017-09-30, 22:14   Link #4479
sayde

Quote:
The preview pretty much debunked that theory. We see the genkidama getting thrown at Jiren in it.
A bit late to reply to this, but I don't know why it didn't occur to me sooner. If Jiren is a true warrior of "justice", then that wouldn't make him evil. So there's a chance the spirit bomb wouldn't work on him. And if Jiren is capable of holding it and throwing it right back at Goku then...

Well lets just say I still think the spirit bomb power up may still happen after all. lol
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-30, 22:16   Link #4480
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
A bit late to reply to this, but I don't know why it didn't occur to me sooner. If Jiren is a true warrior of "justice", then that wouldn't make him evil. So there's a chance the spirit bomb wouldn't work on him. And if Jiren is capable of catching it and throwing it right back at Goku then...

Well lets just say I still think the spirit bomb power up may still happen after all. lol

I don't think that matters, considering Kid Buu had no problems pushing the spirit bomb back at Goku either.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, dragon ball z, shounen, super powers, tragedy