Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-23, 03:42   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

One Piece - Chapter 508 [Manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.
Old 2008-07-23, 04:24   Link #2
Luffy558

From Aohige_AP from AP Forums, Also Himajin

Chapter 508: The island of Shura (merciless devil)
Coverstory: CP9 are bowling, and having a blast

Start of the episode
The marines surround Capone. Cannons come out of Capone... hmm, I have a feeling I've seen this before....
On top of that, wild rampaging horse comes out of the body too. His body is full of arsenals.

Capone: Like I said... the diffrence in military force...!!!

Around that time, Urouge is fighting Kuma. He's bleeding.
Urouge: I was only worried about the Admiral.... I guess it's not that easy to get past the Marine HQ....!!!

Around that time, Basil Hawkins was fortune telling in front of Kizaru.
Basil: Probability of losing the battle....100%, Chance of fleeing....12%, Chance of dodging.... 76%....
Kizaru: Hey, do you have time? I'm looking for a man named Sentoumaru
Basil: Survival chance of death.....0%!! I don't know such man. Ask someone else
Kizaru: Well, if I can't find him.... That leaves me very, very bored
And to find a bounty head like this at time like this, there's no way I'd let you go, Basil Hawkins...!!
Speed is....weight. Have you ever been kicked at the speed of light?

Next instance, Kizaru's kick hits Basil, and sends him flying.

Basil: Amazing, just what you would expect... Goes well beyond my imagination.
Kizaru: Well, that's weird.
Basil: Against an Admiral, only 10 isn't a very good guarantee....

Something resembling voodoo dolls comes out of his right arm.

At the same time, Urouge is sent flying to them.

Urouge: How tragicly unfortunate...!! In front of me is a Marine Admiral, and behind me is a Shichibukai. Is this the end for me....!?
Urouge shows his true power, and flexes his muscles. Drake joins in the fray too.

Kuma also shows up in front of Luffy and co. Zoro is feeling something is not right. Fight begins.

Finally, the man with the axe shows up. I first thought it was Robin making comical face lol. (I assume he resembles a bit of Robin)
The axe-man: I gotta hurry... or they're going to take out all of them.... isn't that right, big daddy Kizaru?

Fin
Old 2008-07-23, 05:19   Link #3
The Imadori
Master of the sonic roll

So the clones it is. Well i don't know. On one hand it's not exacly a new thrilling idea on the other hand we get to see all the supernovas in action now. The clone seem strong but since it's not the real Kuma there's no way in hell the clone will beat the Kid-Law duo. But I'm exited about the Drake+Hawkins+Urgou+ (eventually Appo) VS Kizaru+Clone battle.

Capones DF is SUPER COOL :cool
And it seems MarvesB was right after all. Kizaru seems to have some kind of light based logia fruit.
Old 2008-07-23, 05:38   Link #4
Destinypoint
U.R.

wow!that was awesome!:P
Old 2008-07-23, 06:27   Link #5
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

Capone's df reminds me of Wapol eating some weapons A self cloning devil fruit could've been much deadlier since his crew was not around.I thought of something like he can clone himself to create a massive crew suddenly

Im pretty disappointed that Urouge's already losing the battle..He may have some body power up df

Hawkins gonna pull some serious stuff I believe..His tarot told him that he wont die today and cards telling him there is no way of escape at the same time..A vodoo devil fruit can be pretty brutal

Also It is obvious that the island is infested with Kuma clones now (Zoro feeling something strange pretty confirms that it is a pasicifta clone) so every supernova can show off their powers on them..I can say that we will witness pacifista clones power with strawhats defeating one for theirselves too.Only true dangerous WG subordinate here is Kizaru after all

Quote:
Speed is....weight. Have you ever been kicked at the speed of light?
kinda reminded me when Blackbeard said "darkness is gravity" it was merely gravity control rather than just pure darkness.So Kizaru's can be df/power can be air manipulation based on light or something like that.If Miss Valentine didnt already eat kilo kilo df I could've said that Kizaru actually making himself lighter than air to move at insane speed or something..well we will see ^^
Old 2008-07-23, 07:13   Link #6
Luffy558

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Imadori View Post
And it seems MarvesB was right after all. Kizaru seems to have some kind of light based logia fruit.
It's not confirmed yet though but lets wait for further explanation or revelation regarding about his ability. it might be that one of the supernova will ask kizaru what is his ability or what type of fruit that he ate. but most likely its about LIGHT!. or he can move in a light speed.
Old 2008-07-23, 07:32   Link #7
kari-no-sugata

Hmm, so clones after all. I presume these are all Pacifistas then. It seems likely that they are "production" types modelled after the real Kuma, and I don't remember seeing any of them using DF powers. I wonder if these are AI or have people inside them...?
Old 2008-07-23, 07:35   Link #8
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy558 View Post
It's not confirmed yet though but lets wait for further explanation or revelation regarding about his ability. it might be that one of the supernova will ask kizaru what is his ability or what type of fruit that he ate. but most likely its about LIGHT!. or he can move in a light speed.
His finger laser beam rather looks like a light based attack to me.
Old 2008-07-23, 08:25   Link #9
marvelB

DAMMIT, KUMA CLONES. I really wasn't hoping for that, but... oh well. Maybe Oda can pull it off well enough (like they all have unique powers or something), but I'm still a bit disappointed...

Well, at least it's still awesome that we're seeing more supernovas fight (I especially love Capone's power). Plus, it looks like it's pretty much confirmed now that Kizaru has a light-based fruit (he shot a LASER BEAM, after all), but I still have my doubts about it being a Logia-type. I also think it's pretty cool how Hawkins can remain so calm when fighting Kizaru (so he apparently has a voodoo-based ability, which sounds pretty interesting). I'm still waiting for Apoo to join in on the fun though, as well as an update on Kidd and Law's battle (for some reason, I think those guys are fighting the REAL Kuma)...

And it pretty much looks like the axe guy is Sentoumaru after all. I think he may be the "final boss" for Luffy in this arc instead of Kizaru (ot's obviously inevitable that Luffy will encounter ol' Borsalino at some point, but I still believe that Garp or Rayleigh will save him at the lsat minute).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
Hmm, so clones after all. I presume these are all Pacifistas then. It seems likely that they are "production" types modelled after the real Kuma, and I don't remember seeing any of them using DF powers. I wonder if these are AI or have people inside them...?
According to the real Kuma, Pacifista are supposed to be cyborgs (half-man, half-machine), not robots (all machine). Therefore, I'd guess that all of the Pacifistas we're seeing now are wearing a kind of armor that resembles Kuma's body... or something. However, I figure that Kidd and Law are facing against the genuine Kuma since he has the Bible with him (notice the one that Urouge is fighting isn't holding one), and actually takes off his gloves when Law appears.

Well, at least this will give Zoro a great opportunity to finally learn how to slash through whatever metal the "clone" Pacifistas are made of.

Last edited by marvelB; 2008-07-23 at 08:59.
Old 2008-07-23, 09:09   Link #10
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
According to the real Kuma, Pacifista are supposed to be cyborgs (half-man, half-machine), not robots (all machine). Therefore, I'd guess that all of the Pacifistas we're seeing now are wearing a kind of armor that resembles Kuma's body... or something. However, I figure that Kidd and Law are facing against the genuine Kuma since he has the Bible with him (notice the one that Urouge is fighting isn't holding one), and actually takes off his gloves when Law appears.
Good points.

I wonder how many Pacifistas there are here... and I wonder if it's all the ones the Marines currently have. It may be that they are using this as a sort-of "field test"...?

Quote:
Well, at least this will give Zoro a great opportunity to finally learn how to slash through whatever metal the "clone" Pacifistas are made of.
Indeed. There's been a lot of interest in a "re-match" though it won't be a proper one it seems (not yet at least).
Old 2008-07-23, 09:52   Link #11
The Imadori
Master of the sonic roll

Yeah the Kuma who is fighting Kid and Law also talked while the others didn't talk a word till now. That's what indicates that he's the real Kuma to me (in addition to the glove thing).

Oh and bad chapter for all Capone and Urough haters. Cause they both are realy cool in this chapter.
I highly suspect Capone has a storage fruit or sth like that. A little like Wapol with wich he can store anything in his body and release it at will. Maybe he can even carry his ship in his Pocket
Old 2008-07-23, 12:30   Link #12
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
voo doo dolls? Sounds like the 8th espada from Bleach.
Old 2008-07-23, 12:50   Link #13
marvelB

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I like Urouge's "Hulk" ability, too. However, I still think that his ability has nothing to do with a fruit... I think it's more likely to be some kind of super-powerful martial art (maybe some form of Life Returns?). I'm also guessing that he uses Dial weapons too, since he's a sky islander. For instance, maybe he can somehow use Impact/Reject Dials without harming his own body...

And I'm hoping.... hoping that Apoo has some sort of sound-based ability. It would fit very well with his "Roar of the Sea" moniker.
Old 2008-07-23, 13:37   Link #14
Vree

So the one to stand in the way of Luffy & Co wasn't Sentoumaru after all (because he's apparently still sitting on the roof) but v2.0 Kuma. Those who wanted a Zoro/Kuma fight will now get it. I thought for a moment that there's been a mistake because Luffy has no idea who Kuma is, but looking back he slept throught that particular encounter back in Thriller Bark having just defeated Moria, so it's fair game...(Still I wish Oda didn't use that dramatic silouette ending so often if he's not gonna introduce someone important.)
Old 2008-07-23, 16:02   Link #15
marvelB

Okay, I just saw another image appear with the Kuma that the Straw-Hats are facing. This Kuma actually does take off his gloves, but it looks like he's about to fire off a laser from his hand, which would (thankfully) indicate that the Pacifista "clones" don't have the paw fruit power. Maybe this means that the crew will split up, each facing their own "Kuma"? (They DID say last chapter that they would split up anyway.) The pics suggest to me that Zoro's facing against this particular one solo....
Old 2008-07-23, 18:11   Link #16
Monkey D. Luffy

There is some much action in this chapter and it looks like all the Supernova are being dragged in it regardless if they want to or not, which is better for all of us.

It looks like it is finally confirmed that the Kuma's that have been shown are Pacifista and some have already engaged a Supernova. However the question still remains about the Real Kuma and where his location is, I'm guessing he's with the other Shichibukai preparing for Whitebeard since it seems the Pacifista can all more than hold their own. I'm guessing that only the real Kuma has the Nikyu Nikyu No Mi or else the Pacifista would be a large unstoppable force. Even Zoro recognizes that this Kuma is different from the one he faced in Thriller Bark.

Capone's power looks extremely cool and it also probably gives a reason that there is more to his nickname of Capone "Gang" Bege. Urouge seems to have to up his power and even Drake is joining in to help out. I like how Hawkins has all of his probabilities to a percentage, but they don't look good at all as far as him winning, his power though looks very appropriate for him with the Voodoo Dolls. It looks like the guy with the Axe was Sentomarou and he does resemble Robin a little, especially with the hair and the nose XD.

Looks like marvel was right in his guesses or atleast in the right direction. Kizaru says "Speed is weight. Have you ever been kicked at the speed of light?" his Devil Fruit could have something to do with the principles of the speed of light and not necessarily literally light itself. Anyway whatever it is, it looks powerful and should only continue to look even stronger.
Old 2008-07-23, 18:28   Link #17
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
According to the real Kuma, Pacifista are supposed to be cyborgs (half-man, half-machine), not robots (all machine). Therefore, I'd guess that all of the Pacifistas we're seeing now are wearing a kind of armor that resembles Kuma's body... or something.
Actually it could be the case that you are underestimating exactly how much machine Kuma maybe... thing is, Kuma could be more machine than manl... it could very well be that, before becoming a Pacifista, Kuma was actually only half his size and looked completely different; he could ahve orginally been the size of an ordinary marine soldier. When they turned him into a pacifista, they completely changed how he looked on the outside... it's not that they are wearing Kuma costumes, it's just Kuma's body structure is exactly the kind of body structure ALL humans are given when they are turned into cyborgs; either it's machine, or the machines pump up the mucles into that kind of shape... hell, the only thing they might be able to change would be their clothing

Though grant it, i do kinda "meh" about the idea that all of them will look alike in terms of body structure... kinda hurts the chance to come up with original designs, give each of them their own character and personality and kinda spoils kuma's character design a bit
Old 2008-07-23, 18:52   Link #18
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Though grant it, i do kinda "meh" about the idea that all of them will look alike in terms of body structure... kinda hurts the chance to come up with original designs, give each of them their own character and personality and kinda spoils kuma's character design a bit
The in-story reason may be that it's to help keep secret that the Marines are doing this in the first place - ie if you meet a very powerful person who looks just like one of the Shichibukai then you'd probably consider any special abilities to be just part of his "natural" abilities. Kuma might have given away a huge secret just by telling the name to Zoro, for example - Kuma seems to be loyal on the surface, but still independent.

Being able to develop an army of super soldiers is probably not something you'd want to advertise too far in advance. (ie keep it quiet until it's too late for your enemies to counter).

Of course, sending in multiple "Kumas" at once might well give the game away, but perhaps the Marines / Kizaru are confident of an overwhelming victory - or about ready to go public anyway.
Old 2008-07-23, 19:14   Link #19
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
We have had a smorgasbord of character designs for the past 20 or so chapters (since the Duval arc), so having a production model soldier that looks exactly the same is not that troubling to me (then again, most grunt marines look exactly the same, so this is probably a delibrate gesture of Oda's part to indicate the level of the Pacifistas and their role in the One Piece Universe). Besides all of that, Kuma has a Bible (and whatever connotation that implies), and that is all the design difference that is needed to create an interesting and unique character.

That being said, I agree with your statement that the real "Kuma" might be a regular sized human that was upgraded to the size of a half-giant (and your various other postulations).
Old 2008-07-24, 00:30   Link #20
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
I really don't know what to say about the chapter really....It seems like a remix of the last chapter.
Closed Thread