Notices

Old 2014-07-27, 21:07   Link #12621
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Say what.
Images
'MURICA
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Meanwhile, we almost overcame the deadweight.

Images
The BT-7 getting FFed while right next to me was pretty distracting.
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I fired the entire ammunition load. Last shot went into the FV4202 about a tenth of a second before I got vaporized. And I accidentally cut it off in the screenshot, but the other team's GW got Raider and Invader, lol.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-28, 05:58   Link #12622
Chevalier
Rhein-kun
*Author

I suppose the proper way of driving Panther M10 is to snipe?
Chevalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-28, 09:32   Link #12623
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

My name is RWBladewing and I have a problem. I...played this game again this weekend.

My apologies go out to the families of all the school idols who were nerfed in the wake of this terrible tragedy.

Speaking of tragedies... I disconnected in the middle of one of this weekend's battles in my T29. Got back in 3-4 minutes later to find that not only was I still alive, but I had spotted over 50% of the enemy team and ended up second in exp with only 900 damage...

Last edited by RWBladewing; 2014-07-28 at 10:09.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-28, 11:06   Link #12624
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
My name is RWBladewing and I have a problem. I...played this game again this weekend.

My apologies go out to the families of all the school idols who were nerfed in the wake of this terrible tragedy.
Watching Girls und Panzer dubbed in Swahili on Youtube at 144p resolution would probably be a better use of your time than playing WoT.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-28, 11:29   Link #12625
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Watching Girls und Panzer dubbed in Swahili on Youtube at 144p resolution would probably be a better use of your time than playing WoT.
Girls und Panzer is probably what caused it in the first place...
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-28, 12:15   Link #12626
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevalier View Post
I suppose the proper way of driving Panther M10 is to snipe?
It can multirole somewhat, but yeah, it's better staying back with it. The 3002M does the same or better job at a tier lower now, with the PzV/M10 gaining the moderate advantage of more HP than a normal Panther (by a tiny bit) and better moneymaking because it's a premium.

The 350m view range is not so good, unless you add vision equipment to it or rely on spotting.
Old 2014-07-28, 12:49   Link #12627
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

So I tried the E-100 on the test server...

My my... it is a quite capable tank. That gun, that golden gun...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-29, 00:16   Link #12628
Raviel

Hello, I lurk around this thread from time to for info on WoT

I stopped playing for a while but I'm thinking of getting into the game again (a bit more casually though to help cope with the grind and frustration of certain matches in SEA).

I'd like to ask if there have been any large changes to the game because the last time I played there were no Japanese tanks yet and the Chinese tank line was still relatively new.

Also, have there been any major changes to the U.S. and U.K trees lately?
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-29, 02:00   Link #12629
Pen3

Wow i must really suck at tonks with 22k games and still not a single mark of excellence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
For the Brits, the 183 is getting a Hesh nerf and will soon lose its FV4202 and maybe the 215b HT. A new Turreted TD line coming soon!
The US has not change much and are still as deadly with a few broken tanks like the Hellcat, T49, T54E1, and T57.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-29, 08:30   Link #12630
Gravitas Free Zone

If you haven't focused on a single vehicle recently I had heard that it takes a minimum number of games for the mark to show up. It also helps to use something that isn't popular. I saw one on an AMX 40 the other day.

It is also extremely silly-looking on something with a tiny barrel like a 30mm VK1602.
Old 2014-07-30, 16:06   Link #12631
Tak

Last night I went on the test server and tried out the Panther tank.

Fell in love with it.

Which is terrible, because now I will have to reroll that entire tree... ><

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2014-07-30, 22:36   Link #12632
Chevalier
Rhein-kun
*Author

Quote:
Hello, I lurk around this thread from time to for info on WoT

I stopped playing for a while but I'm thinking of getting into the game again (a bit more casually though to help cope with the grind and frustration of certain matches in SEA).

I'd like to ask if there have been any large changes to the game because the last time I played there were no Japanese tanks yet and the Chinese tank line was still relatively new.

There will be.

If you have questions, ask me. I am playing in SEA too. My ign is USN_Treasury. It was announced that the Chieftain will be the new HT that gonna replace the FV215b.

Also, I heard the Action X will replace FV4202.

To add: Japanese Tanks was already available. There are lot of new TDs in German Tech Tree, it was called Glass Cannon Line.
Old 2014-07-31, 03:26   Link #12633
Raviel

Can anyone here give me advice on using the Churchill VII? I've somehow managed a more than 50% win rate on it but I feel like I'm using the tank wrong.

I try and pick a route to advance in but when I look at the mini map and know a certain flank will have a rough time, I still try to go there and support them. I just can't trust people in pubs to hold their ground sometimes.
Old 2014-07-31, 04:05   Link #12634
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
I try and pick a route to advance
That's really the best that you CAN do in a Churchill. Just have to master reverse angling, and keep out of artillery fire lanes.
Old 2014-07-31, 06:53   Link #12635
Chevalier
Rhein-kun
*Author

By the way.. Before I start grinding my way to STB-1, how does the tank perform in the maps?

I`m asking this because I intend to grind it.
Old 2014-07-31, 08:11   Link #12636
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
9.2 has been officially released for the EU cluster, so I'll at least be able to see how quickly my new internet connection can chew through the patch download (I always download any patches from the website and not through the client) although, some of my time this evening will be taken by doing a full defrag of my laptop and sorting out the mods so there's likely to be little play of the update until tomorrow.
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-31, 09:26   Link #12637
Gravitas Free Zone

This was only a 2 GB patch.
Old 2014-07-31, 10:08   Link #12638
Raviel

Just when I thought things would never get exciting for me in the Churchill VII I somehow end up the last person left alive on my team against a KV-1S, KV-2, Hetzer, and some low tier french artillery.

By the grace of the RNG gods I manage to bounce the shot of the 1S which let me DPM him to death and thankfully the KV-2 had low hp so I got him before he fired his second shot. The Hetzer died faster than I thought it would and thankfully the arty panicked and completely missed me.

I absolutely did not feel like I did St. Gloriana proud after the match
Old 2014-07-31, 10:37   Link #12639
Tak

The Panther II is a pain in the butt to play...

Did I mention its a pain in the butt?

- Tak

Old 2014-07-31, 12:13   Link #12640
Gravitas Free Zone

LOL, the Panther II is the point where I was so annoyed that I free XPed to the E-50M and skipped the E-50 in the process.

Which is funny now, since it turns out that going back to the E-50 after I got better at the game wasn't so bad.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks