Old 2013-08-09, 09:14   Link #541
Chase

Wonderful 101 direct live stream
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/the-wo...irect-2013-8-9
Battlefield 4
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 09:23   Link #542
Chase

That trailer was epic. Need youtube video NOW!!!
Battlefield 4
Old 2013-08-09, 09:30   Link #543
Chase

Demo was announced I think for today
Battlefield 4
Old 2013-08-09, 09:38   Link #544
Chase

Here it is!!!
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Here is a 60fps version of the trailer(in Japanese)
http://www.platinumgames.co.jp/tw101/archives/1314/

Wonderful 101 has much deeper gameplay than we thought
Quote:
Being a superhero isn't easy
It’s so easy to dismiss an overly colorful game as being simple or intended for younger players, but don’t make that assumption about The Wonderful 101. Finally coming to Wii U in the US on September 15, the superpower-infused game brings together 100 colorful heroes in the hopes that the small army can stop an alien invasion of Earth. And to our surprise, the team has a shocking variety of attacks--as long as you’re curious enough to find tactics the game doesn’t outright tell you about.

Wonderful 101 is from the same game director as Bayonetta, but the similarities aren’t obvious in screenshots. After playing a 30-minute chunk of the final game, we noted that Wonderful 101 is similarly dedicated to pushing (and punishing) players with deep, combo-heavy gameplay. We faced a small chunk of the massive robot army the game’s masked vigilantes are tasked with stopping, and the largest of the group was giving us some trouble. We took tons of damage as we adapted to its attack patterns and broke through its defenses. After the harrowing battle, the Nintendo rep was quick to clarify that wasn’t a mid-boss, but a normal encounter.

Wonderful 101’s average encounters feel like potential boss battles because your diverse moveset is continually called upon to beat enemies in inventive ways. Team leaders like Wonder Red, Wonder Blue, and Wonder Pink each have specific attacks that can be summoned with a quick stencil on the GamePad’s screen. While you’re cleanly swapping between those attacks during the tense levels, the game throws out a surprisingly varied collection of enemies at you that demand new tactics, particularly if you want your performance to earn the coveted Platinum rating. And as director Hideki Kamiya showed in his recent Nintendo Direct, if hardcore players are willing to look, intricate combos are waiting for them to uncover.

If you were worried Platinum was going soft from its new partnership with Nintendo, what we’ve played of Wonderful 101 would prove otherwise. It isn’t going to hold your hand, but once you’ve finally destroyed, say, a giant cyborg turtle, you know you earned it.

Keep reading to see all the new screens for the fast-approaching game...
http://www.gamesradar.com/wonderful-...ay-we-thought/
Battlefield 4

Last edited by Chase; 2013-08-09 at 11:23.
Old 2013-08-09, 20:23   Link #545
Chase

Its taking a while for me to get use to how to play but this game is freaking awesome(no surprise here that i would like it.lol). Im finding just using the right analog to draw weapons to morph into a lot easier to do on the fly than using the gamepad so im going to stick with that. Learning more and more.
Battlefield 4
Old 2013-08-10, 23:59   Link #546
Chase

An informative video on how to play the game(from someone who knows what he's doing). To me this is the best Wii U game to date and its just a demo.lol.
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Battlefield 4

Last edited by Chase; 2013-08-11 at 00:12.
Old 2013-08-15, 01:08   Link #547
Westlo
Lets be reality

Well if Yakuza 1+2 HD port was a test for potential Yakuza games on the Wii U... you can forget about it now, didn't even reach 4k sales.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 22:59   Link #548
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

There is a Wii U bundle releasing in October. A Legend of Zelda:Wind Waker HD bundle with a 32 GB model Wii U (black). The unit will cost $349.99.

I think I will buy this bundle. If Nintendo does a SM3W bundle in December, they probably won't offer it for cheaper than $350.

I think what Nintendo should do is offer this bundle until beyond Christmas 2013. Then offer a Mario bundle for Christmas 2013. Maybe a NSMB U bundle with a black 32 GB Wii U for $299.99. What might be better is to offer there new Super Mario 3D World game in a bundle with a 32 GB Wii U for $349.99. I wouldn't expect them to offer it for cheaper since the Wind Waker bundle isn't $299.99. They might do alright in the holiday season if they offer both a Mario bundle and a Zelda bundle. People will either see it as a free game or a $300 Wii U system. They could avert being brutalized by PS4 and XBone if they offer both a Mario bundle and a Zelda bundle.

Here is the ign article on this news.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/...ming-to-retail
Old 2013-08-26, 11:43   Link #549
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
I think what Nintendo should do is offer this bundle until beyond Christmas 2013. Then offer a Mario bundle for Christmas 2013. Maybe a NSMB U bundle with a black 32 GB Wii U for $299.99. What might be better is to offer there new Super Mario 3D World game in a bundle with a 32 GB Wii U for $349.99. I wouldn't expect them to offer it for cheaper since the Wind Waker bundle isn't $299.99. They might do alright in the holiday season if they offer both a Mario bundle and a Zelda bundle. People will either see it as a free game or a $300 Wii U system. They could avert being brutalized by PS4 and XBone if they offer both a Mario bundle and a Zelda bundle.
The difference between the Zelda bundle and the Wii U deluxe is just a different bundled game. As it's only a remake of an older title, I don't see it appealing too far outside of Nintendo fans. It just doesn't seem to be the kind of package that will move a lot of systems.

And between the PS360 at $200 and the PS4/Xbone at $400/500, the Wii U is in an awful position. Nintendo is reduced to praying that the games they release will make some sort of impact. Despite their protestations, I think that Nintendo will be forced to drop the price by November.
Old 2013-08-26, 16:46   Link #550
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Nintendo Land is a pack-in game, but it is a pack-in game most people don't care for. I'm excited for this Wind Waker bundle as Wind Waker is one of my favorite games (flawed, but it has a lot of charm and magic). I recognize this Zelda bundle won't be a big hit with the masses, so the best thing Nintendo can do for themselves this holiday season is offer a Super Mario 3D World bundle. If they do that, I expect a price of $349.99, and it should do decently. Maybe we'll be surprised and it will do pretty well.

If Nintendo offers said bundle for $300, Nintendo might be relevant in the new gen, at least for a few years (like how Wii was). If they play that card and then have another good bundle for holiday 2014, Nintendo might gain some traction in late 2013 and early 2014 and then still matter in holiday 2014. This all remains to be seen. We don't even know if they will offer a SM3W bundle in December (when the game hits), let alone one for $300.
Old 2013-08-26, 21:45   Link #551
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
The difference between the Zelda bundle and the Wii U deluxe is just a different bundled game. As it's only a remake of an older title, I don't see it appealing too far outside of Nintendo fans. It just doesn't seem to be the kind of package that will move a lot of systems.
The Zelda bundle also has a gold triforce trim on the controller and system.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 10:41   Link #552
Westlo
Lets be reality

Wii U price cut by $50 as of September, still too little, too late.

14./00. [WIU] The Wonderful 101 <ACT> (Nintendo) {2013.08.24} (¥6.830) - 5.258 / NEW

Bomba status, getting outsold nearly 4 times by

05./00. [PSV] Conception II: Shichisei no Michibiki to Mazuru no Akumu <RPG> (Spike Chunsoft) {2013.08.22} (¥6.279) - 18.878 / NEW
Old 2013-08-28, 10:46   Link #553
GDB

Ouch. That's too bad too, since 101 looked really fun.
Old 2013-08-28, 10:52   Link #554
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Ouch. That's too bad too, since 101 looked really fun.
It's a shame for Platinum games, Kamiya was worried about Nintendo's lack of marketing and the results speak for itself. From GAF, translations of Kamiya's tweets from nearly a month ago...

Quote:
First, Kamiya says he doesnt see any magazine previews, says stores aren't promoting the game because they don't really understand what it is. There aren't enough ads or awareness he says its not a cheap game to make either, he estimates that in terms of manpower and resources, they spent 1.5 times what they did on Bayonetta 1*. He says in terms of "no one really gets the game, so there isnt a lot of hype" its similar to Okami**
Bayonetta 2 is going to sell f all on the Wii U, it sold to DMC/Ninja Gaiden action game fans, who aren't exactly the Nintendo fanbase.

And the next platinum games rumor is a Microsoft exclusive, hopefully they do MGS: Rising 2 sometime soon...
Old 2013-08-28, 10:59   Link #555
Shadow5YA

I personally didn't know how Wonderful 101 played myself until recently. I only knew it because of the studio/brand name, which implies that it would be an action game.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 11:01   Link #556
Westlo
Lets be reality

Lol @ Nintendo of America giving as much of a fuck about W101 as NoJ, they release it the same week as GTA 5, and than 5 days later release Zelda WW HD.

Sent to die is an understatement.

An average fan won't give a shit about any game apart from GTA 5 that week, and Nintendo fans will be waiting on Zelda. Incompetence all round.

Oh and the Zelda Bundle is a full game download, gotta love that Nintendo account system.
Old 2013-08-28, 11:46   Link #557
GDB

I figured it'd be a download. Too bad too, because I'd have probably bought it if it came with the disc now that they've announced a $50 price cut. Oh well, I'm sure there will be another cut by the time Smash Bros comes out.
Old 2013-08-28, 16:15   Link #558
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Lol @ Nintendo of America giving as much of a fuck about W101 as NoJ, they release it the same week as GTA 5, and than 5 days later release Zelda WW HD.

Sent to die is an understatement.

An average fan won't give a shit about any game apart from GTA 5 that week, and Nintendo fans will be waiting on Zelda. Incompetence all round.
Two things to say about that:

1. While there's indeed going to be a lot of gamers planning to buy GTA 5, that doesn't mean everyone who's planning to buy a game this week will be purchasing it (for instance, in a week where Madden 25 and FF XIV came out, I instead went with Project Diva).

2. In terms of Zelda, this could end up helping W101 instead of harming it like you claim it would. The reason for this: Zelda will only be available on Sept. 20 to either those that are buying a limited edition Zelda system or those who are willing to download the game at the eShop (the game itself will be available for retail two weeks later). Given how a lot of people will want to pick up an extra game with the system along with Zelda, the W101 could be one of the games that could take advantage of that.

Last edited by TnAdct1; 2013-08-28 at 19:21.
TnAdct1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 16:54   Link #559
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Oh and the Zelda Bundle is a full game download, gotta love that Nintendo account system.
Nintendo had an account system? From the occasional complaining I see, I thought they didn't.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 17:26   Link #560
4Tran

Quote:
Wii U price cut by $50 as of September, still too little, too late.

14./00. [WIU] The Wonderful 101 <ACT> (Nintendo) {2013.08.24} (¥6.830) - 5.258 / NEW

Bomba status, getting outsold nearly 4 times by

05./00. [PSV] Conception II: Shichisei no Michibiki to Mazuru no Akumu <RPG> (Spike Chunsoft) {2013.08.22} (¥6.279) - 18.878 / NEW
Nearly 5 times. Conception came out on 3DS as well. It's a shame as the Wonderful 101 looked like a pretty cool game, and Platinum is a great developer. However, it's yet another nail in the Wii U coffin.

Why the heck did they announce the price cut almost a month before it happens? Won't that just kill their sales until Sep. 20? I suppose that 20,000 or so sales isn't much, but still. Is anyone at Nintendo capable of making good business decisions?

On top of that, $50 isn't much. I suspect that it won't do much to move the sales needle.

Quote:
Bayonetta 2 is going to sell f all on the Wii U, it sold to DMC/Ninja Gaiden action game fans, who aren't exactly the Nintendo fanbase.
Well, Sega (and everyone else) didn't think that Bayonetta 2 would sell well on PS360 to begin with. So put it on a dead console and the sales will probably be putrid. The good (?) news is that it should still do better than the Wonderful 101.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Nintendo had an account system? From the occasional complaining I see, I thought they didn't.
That's the joke.

Tags
nintendo