AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Ah! My Goddess

Notices

View Poll Results: AMG! Season 2 Episode 23 and 24 Rating
Perfect 10 19 45.24%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 23.81%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 16.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 7.14%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.38%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.38%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.38%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-01, 07:41   Link #41
Elenay

10! I love these episodes
Old 2007-09-14, 11:08   Link #42
Silver-Wings

I really adore the series. To be honest with you, I've never even read the manga and never realized that the whole manga series has been going on for 20 years and I was only introduced to the show early this year.

(Speaking purely from the show's standpoint) I think what pulled me in is the show's distinct "purity" of characters. It's not much like your typical harem type of anime. It's more heart-tugging (in my opinion at least) and focuses more on the more sensitive side of feelings than the more shallow (although i dont want to use that word) sides of relationships like holding hands, kissing, etc. Although I do have to admit that keiichi needs to grow some backbone and there are instances that I just felt so sorry for Belldandy because K was being a jerk. But I suppose it's needed to bring out some more of the show's emotionall aspects. There are a lot of events in various episodes that actually made me teary-eyed (especially ep 23). Overall, I think its a wonderful animeon its own right. It's a good break from the common anime couple that don't get along/always fighting but deep down they love each other sort of thing

I have yet to read the manga series starting from the very beginning. Im planning on collecting those soon.Is it availble in any Barnes and Noble or Borders bookstore? Or do you have to order those online?

Oh, might I add that I am very much in love with the musical scores they put in the series! it fits in perfectly with the moods. I'm still trying to find one particular song title that's in season 2 though It's the musical score when Bell was fighting Garm part (when she released her built-up energy), the bittersweet sounding one. Anyone know what im talking about?
Old 2007-09-14, 15:15   Link #43
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

The one on the animaRPG site?
Old 2007-09-14, 15:29   Link #44
Silver-Wings

Oh like that inevitable doom sounding music with the chanting? (wow can they use other anime's music for a site like that?)

Spoiler:

I'm sorry, I know im really confusing and all that

Last edited by Silver-Wings; 2007-09-14 at 15:48. Reason: spoiler
Old 2007-09-22, 07:25   Link #45
VC Matsumoto
Anime Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to VC Matsumoto
I agree with you guys. Unlike most anime, I almost never get tired of watching this series. Like Silver mentions, there is somekind of purity, nice heart-tuging moments, and great music that makes watching this series a real treat.
Hoping for a season 3!

VC

p.s. Did I mention the women looked fantastic? I don't mean that in the "fan-boy" or ecchi sense, they...whats the word..look glorious!
Old 2007-09-28, 07:19   Link #46
cristianx3
scorpionx3

Send a message via AIM to cristianx3
yo0o0o0 ah my goddest is one of the best anime in love category!!!!
Old 2007-10-04, 23:06   Link #47
Silver-Wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by VC Matsumoto View Post
p.s. Did I mention the women looked fantastic? I don't mean that in the "fan-boy" or ecchi sense, they...whats the word..look glorious!
YES!!! Thank you, at least i know im not the only one who thinks the same way! =D
Old 2007-10-09, 04:42   Link #48
VC Matsumoto
Anime Fanatic

To: Silver,

Nice to hear! But now that I think about it, Urd is kinda
"fan-boy" material. Like how the animators took "extra care"
of her in the last episode (S2, Ep24), when she was telling
Kenchi I love you in 12 different languages? Also watch her
after she scares Peorth & Kenchi away.

VC

Last edited by VC Matsumoto; 2007-10-14 at 02:51.
Old 2007-10-10, 23:42   Link #49
Silver-Wings

Haha! I agree. But you have to admit though, despite her being the "seductive" one among the bunch, she still seems to retain that sense of big-sisterly atmosphere about her and she can still act seriously when needed to
Old 2007-10-14, 02:50   Link #50
VC Matsumoto
Anime Fanatic

Both Urd and Peorth served as "big sisters," but its hinted that she
has some bit of "feeling" for Kenchi that isn't platonic. I think Urd
would be this way as well, but she has more fun taunting
Kenchi for his immaturity and innocense when he's dealing with girls.
If it wasn't for Urd's games with Skuld, she would be the most mature of the
bunch. She also sees Kenchi as a plaything more than any kind of
"love" interest; this doesn't stop her from "playing" in the bath with
Kenchi!

VC
Old 2007-10-14, 12:46   Link #51
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Well about Urd:

Skuld is the brat, Belldandy is the beautiful angel ideal sort of girl, and Urd is sort of the fanservice...that said, she's far more intelligent and mature than most fanservice girls.

Though I gotta admit...I do like her lightning blasts of doom =). She and her mother are downright hilarious at times.
Old 2007-11-03, 18:56   Link #52
Zeran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikko_s View Post
The word on the street is, the animators are just taking a break from AMG, but hope to continue it in the future. TBS has no set plans yet, so it could be in a year or two, or it could be never. There's definitely enough manga material left to do another season or even two, but who knows?
i only started watching AMG recently and i fell in love with any ways was doing some looking into it and 3rd series to come Dec 07 not sure of proper air date but i have confirmed defiantly Dec 07
Old 2007-11-12, 23:10   Link #53
kikko_s
What's in a name....?

Send a message via AIM to kikko_s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeran View Post
i only started watching AMG recently and i fell in love with any ways was doing some looking into it and 3rd series to come Dec 07 not sure of proper air date but i have confirmed defiantly Dec 07
It's not going to be a full season. Just an OVA-type thing. Maybe 3 or 4 shorts that go to DVD pretty fast. At least, that's what I've heard.
Old 2007-11-13, 09:10   Link #54
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikko_s View Post
It's not going to be a full season. Just an OVA-type thing.
Not exactly an OVA, since it is scheculed to be broadcast on the Japanese TV station TBS. I don't think there has yet been any real info on the format, but it sounds to me like it may be a single episode "special" from what little has been said (although I certainly would not mind being wrong on that).
Old 2009-03-07, 23:05   Link #55
teh_nubkilr
*IT Support

Episode 24 was especially heart-warming, and signifies the strength of emotions and promises. It is one of those few anime episodes that I consider as 'exceptional', as it did bring some emotions to me while I was watching it
Closed Thread