Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-17, 13:28   Link #21
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bari_Phillis View Post
I thought about that. But this was also the bounty when Luffy stopped doing anything. His bounty definitely would have improved if he was still active (and probably will again now that the wg knows he's active once more). I expect Luffy's bounty to go up to 500m after this next incident.

This would put Jimbei on the same level as zoro/sanji, and I think he would fit in nicely there. He'd also make for some great comic relief (b/c there isn't enough already), acting as the word of reason amongst the crew and making extreme faces whenever the crew does something outrageous.

The Kraken was referred to as a pet by Luffy, i.e. there against his will. I just can't see him as the new mate.

... Or I could just be talking out of my ass
Jimbei's bounty stop at 250 when join the WG. It would gone up much higher then 400 at this point if he never joined the WG.
Old 2011-08-17, 13:43   Link #22
kakakka

All I can say is...

Robin's legs <3

Though very unfortunate, lucky are those who have seen it close.
Old 2011-08-17, 13:52   Link #23
solomon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
All I can say is...

Robin's legs <3

Though very unfortunate, lucky are those who have seen it close.
AHAHAAHAA, DAMN STRAIGHT SON!!!

Slovenly perviness aside, that's a killer move.

The other favorite is probably Sanji's Sky Walk attack combo.
Old 2011-08-17, 13:59   Link #24
PixelCreek
I voted Bayonetta

^ Zoro's attack was pretty epic. A tornado of blades! And his badass comment afterwards. It will follow them forever
Old 2011-08-17, 14:03   Link #25
DeadBonesDooM

Meh all zoro and sanji fans
BUT THINK PPL
Commander Chopper

PURE CUTE EPICNESS
Old 2011-08-17, 14:18   Link #26
yakumo-chan

how the hell did sanji used Diable Jambe in the sky???

I thought using Diable Jambe needs friction??
Old 2011-08-17, 14:52   Link #27
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Well the action has finally kicked off, I've been looking forward to see all the new stuff the Strawhats could do.~

Zoro's new attack is just like improved version of his dragon twister. Lingering for a while after execution.

Interesting to see that Sanji mastered the sky walking technique from CP9. I'm still looking forward to when he has no choice but to rely on New Kama Kenpo though.

Robin's attack looked kind of awkward, it'd probably work better with walls or a ceiling around, still looks pretty deadly though.

Brook's new attack is hard to distinguish from his Yahuza Giri. Maybe the anime will show that in more detail.

The rhino motorbike and brachiosaurus tank were really cool. I guess this means Franky added a 5th docking chamber on the Sunny? Cause it originally didn't have one before.

Looking forward to seeing Luffy, Nami, Chopper and Usopp get in on the action.~
Old 2011-08-17, 14:58   Link #28
Ardeau

Luffy : Riding the Kraken...

Zoro : Mihawk mode "to the ends of hell"

Sanji : Learning Geppo by himself ... to flee from transvesties

Robin : legs legs . Pray that Sanji never sees that.

Jinbe : he's over 400 million! Given that Luffy's bounty is 2 years old and that he's probably stronger than Jimbe, his real value must be at least 450 million.
Old 2011-08-17, 15:07   Link #29
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Well, Jimbei having the same bounty as Luffy should rule out the possibility of him joining the crew. Though the Kraken seems to be confirmed as new crewmember.
If I'm lucky I should think that Jinbe, Shirahoshi and Surume the Kraken would join all in one arc in hopes that the total crewmembers will come to 12 including the captain.
Old 2011-08-17, 15:15   Link #30
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Robin's new technique is one of the sexiest ever. I bet some people wouldn't mind getting crushed underneath those feet

Zoro and Sanji's new techniques were cool as well, although Sanji's isn't exactly new (I love the way he learned it though ). Jimbei was also impressive, countering Hodi's water bullet with one of his own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post

He used it underwater last time too. Don't think too much about it. He probably can just summon it at will now.
Old 2011-08-17, 15:20   Link #31
marvelB

^I'm kind of unsure about his bounty being "over" 400 million. That might be a translation mistake (which is a pretty common occurrence on MS's part, unfortunately). Maybe somebody like aohige can clarify that issue....

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Well, Jimbei having the same bounty as Luffy should rule out the possibility of him joining the crew. Though the Kraken seems to be confirmed as new crewmember.

While I don't see Jinbei joining either, that's really due more to him being a mentor-type character like Rayleigh rather than the bounty issue (though yeah, him joining would kind of ruin the crew's power balance, since a "monster trio" just feels more right than a "monster quartet" ). As for the kraken, Luffy refers to him as a "friend", not "nakama", so I don't think we'll see him joining (and considering how much he pissed off Hody with his betrayal, it's not really guaranteed that he'll survive to the end of the arc.....).

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post

Well, remember that the island is contained in a bubble, so there would most definitely be enough oxygen for him to produce heat.

As for Sanji revealing more Rokushiki moves.... I dunno. I guess it's possible for him to master every move except Shigan (since he doesn't fight with his hands), but I've always kind of had a problem with that martial art feeling too "limited", since all techniques are merely variations of the 6 basic abilities (barring Roku Ougan, of course). I think it would be at least interesting for Sanji to learn Kamie as a defensive move, but I'd still rather see show off some okama kenpo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadBonesDooM View Post
Meh all zoro and sanji fans
BUT THINK PPL
Commander Chopper

PURE CUTE EPICNESS

I took a fancy to Brooke's dance festival, myself.
Old 2011-08-17, 15:26   Link #32
james0246

^I took a fancy to Robin's giant legs ...
Old 2011-08-17, 16:43   Link #33
carcanclaw
Kitty?

Sanji using CP9's air jump was pretty surprising, but I really like the concept of a member of the crew being able to fly, not that he couldn't jump ridiculously high anyway. The Kracken part was adorable as well. haha

Robin's giant-foot-stomp caught me off guard as well. I don't suppose the fishmen could tickle her as a counterattack?
Old 2011-08-17, 16:57   Link #34
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
It's the third time after the timeskip that Sanji used Diable Jambe without spinning, just activating at his will. Heck, against the PX he didn't even have time to think and delivered a DJ attack.
I assume he just got a better control of it, like Luffy with the Gear 2nd.
Old 2011-08-17, 17:14   Link #35
noktown

Yeah and this is just a show off,we still haven't seen anything serious,I'm excited the most about Zoro,we haven't seen Mihawk since the time-skip and he was able to 1hko the previous Hody underwater...
Old 2011-08-17, 17:34   Link #36
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Giant feet? Robin (Oda) sure knows about my foot fetish! Funny really, because i've been pretty sad at the lack of Robin screentime, and then Oda gives me a few panels of giant feet, and i forget all about it.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2011-08-17 at 17:58.
Old 2011-08-17, 17:56   Link #37
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Some great stuff in this chapter! Not surprised that Jinbe's bounty is that high, after all, a shichibukai's bounty is frozen while holding that position, and this way it reflects what his bounty would have been without that freeze. Besides, I can imagine that the WG doesn't take kindly to traitors, plus who knows what he's been up to the past few years. Zoro was pretty badass in this chapter, and Sanji gained an incredibly useful ability. I was a bit surprised he used DJ out of nowhere too though. Guess I didn't notice when this happened before. Robin always had long legs, but this is ridicilous! But I'm not complaining. Loved the ending with Surume, he was looking pretty happy.

Hody's getting upstaged at every turn, he must be getting pretty frustrated by now.
Old 2011-08-17, 18:33   Link #38
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

awesome overkill from Mugiwara Pirates..... Zoro's sword tornado, Sanji's skywalk, Robin's legs, Rhino tank, Commander Chopper's tank, Luffy's haki, Brook's concert.... what next????

I'm sure the fishmen pirates won't stand a chance anymore....
Old 2011-08-17, 20:20   Link #39
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!

I'm sure it will involve Luffy doing a gear 2/3/armor haki combo to crack the island
Old 2011-08-17, 21:06   Link #40
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Luffy should just nuke Haki twice to save the time. But i guess everyone needs some canon folders to show off how much they have improved..