AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2015-04-26, 23:12   Link #921
ProxyAccount

A counter to MI magic exists, but at present only Tatsuya can use it.
ProxyAccount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-27, 21:55   Link #922
Armando99

That's even better. By having a counter already, he probably already figured out how to have a counter to it for his "beloved" sister's use.
Armando99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-27, 22:13   Link #923
aortax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armando99 View Post
That's even better. By having a counter already, he probably already figured out how to have a counter to it for his "beloved" sister's use.
Wait where does it say tatsuya has a counter for MI magic. I am pretty sure if he did he would undo it on himself first, or find a way to use the counter against Yotsuba MI for personal benefit.
aortax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-27, 22:53   Link #924
Armando99

It wasn't me who said that.

I was only responding to the post by @Proxy. I think it's true though.
Old 2015-04-28, 00:14   Link #925
ProxyAccount

Quote:
Originally Posted by aortax View Post
Wait where does it say tatsuya has a counter for MI magic. I am pretty sure if he did he would undo it on himself first, or find a way to use the counter against Yotsuba MI for personal benefit.
MI magic still has Sequences, so it's still vulnerable to Tatsuya's Decomposition.
Old 2015-04-28, 14:55   Link #926
aortax

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProxyAccount View Post
MI magic still has Sequences, so it's still vulnerable to Tatsuya's Decomposition.
That is true , but my comment meant as something he made for him and others. That is more of Tatsuya special ability , but I see where the confusion came from.
aortax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-02, 16:32   Link #927
amtro
Distro

Spoiler for Vol 16 Golden Week early leaks, magical distro point fairies stole and posted them online. I hope:

Unconfirmed early spoilers. Credited to TA
I can't force you all, but I would appreciate it if you all could keep these possible leaks out of the vol 16 thread at least until we have pics to go with the spoilers, because they're unconfirmed.
amtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-02, 17:24   Link #928
Armando99

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
Spoiler for Vol 16 Golden Week early leaks, magical distro point fairies stole and posted them online. I hope:

Unconfirmed early spoilers. Credited to TA
I can't force you all, but I would appreciate it if you all could keep these possible leaks out of the vol 16 thread at least until we have pics to go with the spoilers, because they're unconfirmed.
Wow!, this is just... WOW!

So many things that just takes your breath away and leaves you speechless!

Of course, I understand your warning @Amtro.
Old 2015-05-03, 20:32   Link #929
devilo96

number 10 Tatsuya is fiance.
that mean tatsuya is miyuki fiance right ?
devilo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-04, 03:51   Link #930
ProxyAccount

Yes, and not everyone is happy.

Ayako was not happy with the announcement and left the meeting. She hits the bull's eye when she suggests that this is Maya's way to limit Tatsuya's freedom and whereabouts.
Mayumi is feeling conflicted due to her unadmitted feelings for Tatsuya.
The Ichijou Family Head wanted to engage Miyuki to Masaki, so they contest the decision. Other Numbers send their congratulations.

Of course, it was always a pipe dream. The Yotsuba need to keep control of Tatsuya, yet the Yotsuba cannot accept him as heir due to peculiar prejudices. So from the beginning, it could only be Miyuki.
Old 2015-05-04, 04:08   Link #931
Mentar
Banned

Well... I'm not fully convinced yet. The current setup rubs me wrong, and I'm a dedicated Miyuki fanboi. Also, there is too much engineering going on. Are we as the readers supposed to be fully satisfied when Tatsuya the engineered and consciously Miyuki-imprinted World Destroyer marries Miyuki, who has been engineered to control Tatsuya? Are you?

I'm not...

Maybe there is no way out of this, but for my tastes, there is too much outside meddling going on, too much compulsion. I'd prefer to see Miyuki and Tatsuya _freed_ of this kind of crap, and able to live their lives according to their own volition. And if both of them are free of the outside compulsion and still want to marry, then more power to them.

Personally, I'd prefer a healthier Tatsuya/Mayumi and Masaki/Miyuki linkup as outcome at the moment. Let's see how things develop.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-04, 04:36   Link #932
ProxyAccount

As someone with more than passing familiarity with biomedical engineering, it makes sense to me. To create a human capable of wielding such things, you have to turn to science. When we became such complex organisms, we lost the ability to rapidly integrate new genetic material and evolve. To overcome our limitations, we would have to engineer humans.

However, how would such humans be view as? Non-human? Monsters? Weapons? What sort of rights would they have? How humans seek to control this 'new species' that we've created?

What of this new species? What if they created a new species? Wouldn't they similarly seek ways of controlling it?

Humankind fears the unknown. It fears the future. It fears its own obsolescence. So it seeks to control it, to stick it in a box and impose boundaries on it.

And meanwhile, the person/thing that has been stuck in a box... does it not have its own thoughts on the matter?
Old 2015-05-04, 06:24   Link #933
Armando99

If you then let that "thing" out of the box, you had better be prepared for the consequences that will result from letting it out of the box.
Old 2015-05-04, 16:51   Link #934
Blonddude42

I've been hearing in some places that the series is to only have 20 volumes now. Is this true? It doesn't seem like enough to finish off their third year in highschool. Didn't it take like 9 volumes or so to cover the first year?
Blonddude42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-04, 16:52   Link #935
expertsource

they said it is fake and there is no mentioning of 20 anywhere
expertsource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-04, 16:57   Link #936
Clutchdog

It did come from the same guy who posted the original spoilers though, if I'm not mistaken.
Clutchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-04, 18:03   Link #937
Blonddude42

So like most of the recent spoilers its believe or not at your own peril since no one knows what's true anymore
Blonddude42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-04, 23:46   Link #938
Armando99

There has been confirmation from different sources, if you go to other Mahouka threads.

It also appear that they came from the actual book.
Old 2015-05-11, 01:40   Link #939
Abysmalheart

So I have been theory crafting after vol 16 slapped me in the face with it's wth moments and I think Satou(the author) is foreshadowing something idk what it is.

Things I have speculated:

- I believe the parasites are somewhat related to his condition as we know they are affected by strong desires so the his abnormal power must have been caused by the desires of the youtsuba.
- His emotion being "lost" as he so calls it in summer arc must be to help him remove the parasites around him or something of the sorts as this will make it so he has less chance to influence them.
- I believe Satou is planing something with all these girls behind tatsuya he has always made a good and fast paring such as mibu and kirihara so I can assume from the story so far he plans to make tatsuya gain a heart/feelings in a way or so.
- The author loves to tease us(not a speculation it's a fact now).
Abysmalheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-11, 04:09   Link #940
CatRules
Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abysmalheart View Post
- The author loves to troll us(not a speculation it's a fact now).
That's why we can him Satroll.

seriously, I have been waiting for Rozen Arc for many years now. And I guess it can't happen in this year either.....