AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2009-06-04, 07:17   Link #881
Crisis
Rock on ^^

Question....

Just started watching GUNDAM SEED - DESTINY. am now on episode 2.

Are Earth military and ZAFT military working together? The captain of the Minerva has an Earth uniform.

Is that Rau Le Creuset again? ( The one who's planned this terrorist activity )

Why does Athrun introduce himself as Alex Denon to everyone?

Where's Kira and Lacus and the rest of the Archangel crew?

I dont mind spoilers btw.
Crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 10:42   Link #882
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztech View Post
Are Earth military and ZAFT military working together? The captain of the Minerva has an Earth uniform.
No, she has the white ZAFT uniform on. ZAFT and the Earth Alliance are not working together.

Quote:
Nope.

Quote:
Why does Athrun introduce himself as Alex Denon to everyone?
Because Athrun is still kind of a traitor to ZAFT, with the whole betrayal, stealing the Justice, and destroying G.E.N.E.S.I.S.. Thus he's hiding his identity.

Quote:
Where's Kira and Lacus and the rest of the Archangel crew?
On Earth.
Old 2009-06-04, 17:54   Link #883
Crisis
Rock on ^^

Tnx very much Rising Dragon. Have some rep from me.

About the ZAFT uniform.. just remembered that Rau Le Creuset used to wear a white one too. Silly me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztech

Nope.

So, what happened to him? I am sure no one killed Rau at the end of Gundam Seed.
Old 2009-06-04, 18:05   Link #884
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
So, what happened to him? I am sure no one killed Rau at the end of Gundam Seed.
Rau and Providence were disintegrated by GENESIS.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-05, 18:45   Link #885
Crisis
Rock on ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Rau and Providence were disintegrated by GENESIS.
Tnx. Just rewatched and noticed when Genesis wiped him off.

Now, on episode 9 and got new questions :

- Where's the Archangel, Freedom and Justice hidden?
- Has everyone changed their names? Rumius sure did.
- Is Rumius and Waltfeld now engaged?
- Why hasn't Kira and Lacus and Athrun and Cagalli got engaged since Gundam SEED?
- Why is that terrorist group led by Raonke stirring up things?
- Who is Shinn mad at ? ORB or Earth Alliance?
Old 2009-06-05, 19:12   Link #886
fizzmaister
The Tall One

Quote:
Tnx. Just rewatched and noticed when Genesis wiped him off.

- Where's the Archangel, Freedom and Justice hidden?
- Has everyone changed their names? Rumius sure did.
- Is Rumius and Waltfeld now engaged?
- Why hasn't Kira and Lacus and Athrun and Cagalli got engaged since Gundam SEED?
- Why is that terrorist group led by Raonke stirring up things?
- Who is Shinn mad at ? ORB or Earth Alliance?
- Underwater (I think), in a mountain, destroyed. respectively.
- No, she's just working under pseudonym. She is pretty famous/infamous depending on your POV.
- No, they probably picked each other up on their rebound. IIRC they never break up, but she does hook up with someone else.
- Kira and Lacus: too young?
My man Zala (I refuse to use the official transliteration of his first name) actually does propose to Cagalli, but because of politics, it doesn't pan out.
- because they can. Because they don't like peace with Naturals. For a real world example look at the middle east. Zaft, terrorists and Earth, correspond to Egypt, gaza strip, Israel. 1 and 3 had a war, they settled it, have diplomatic relations. 2 is not happy believe that 3 doesn't have a right to exist, continues the fight.
- Everybody as necessitated by the plot. Specifically, EA for starting it, Orb for fighting back, Cagalli because her father didn't roll over and give the EA the mass driver, Kira because he was there.
Old 2009-06-06, 04:31   Link #887
kamehameha

so i thought gundam 00 season 1 and 2 exemplified what an epic anime should be. Is gundam seed worth watching. I'm hooked on 00, and would love to watch seed if it incorporates the same philosophy/plot/character devolopment as 00 did. Anyone have opinions?
kamehameha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-06, 04:37   Link #888
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamehameha View Post
so i thought gundam 00 season 1 and 2 exemplified what an epic anime should be. Is gundam seed worth watching. I'm hooked on 00, and would love to watch seed if it incorporates the same philosophy/plot/character devolopment as 00 did. Anyone have opinions?
You will not get a similar experience, which is why Gundam SEED fans have been hating 00 for.

But overall SEED is decent, GSD is a really bad Gundam series though.

And if you're really into philosophy/plot/character development, Turn A would be the best. Its famous for its outstanding character development, but some people have trouble liking its mecha design. But it gets onto people, they soon learn the mustache is awesome and the fights are epic.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-06, 10:45   Link #889
4Tran

Quote:
You're really better off watching the show before asking these questions. A lot of them are answered in the episodes to come, and the discussion for the rest of them will be more interesting after you've watched the whole show.

Quote:
All but the diehards would agree that Gundam Seed is at least worth checking out. The beginning is a bit of a rehash of Mobile Suit Gundam, but it does find its own voice fairly quickly, and it's one of the most accessible Gundam TV shows. Gundam Seed is pretty decent in terms of plot and character but the philosophy for it is a bit on the lacking side; although that's true of just about all Gundam shows. Where Seed really shines though is in its ability to flesh out an interesting universe. Whether you should watch Destiny or not largely depends on how much you liked Seed.

You might want to take my suggestions with a grain of salt since I thought that Gundam 00 was dreadful in terms of plot, characterization and especially philosophy.
Old 2009-06-06, 15:11   Link #890
Kirbyeggs
Even in Death I Serve

How did Char survive Zeta?
he was in a more dangerous situation than Kira will ever be in.
So how did he survive? His mobile suit was badly damaged, the aforementioned suit got crushed by a wall and then the ship that the aforementioned crushed suit was in blew up so it would be kinda of impossible to survive that.
Char must be magical.

And about teh ASS the reason they made it is because it is longer than a beam sword since it has a solid part it can make the beam part become longer. If you have noticed beam sabers have a very limited legnth because it dissipates after a certain length, so to counteract that they put two "laser" which would join to make it longer, of course the solid part was needed so they made it like a sword to be aerodynamic i guess.

Spoiler for pic:

Last edited by Kirbyeggs; 2009-06-06 at 15:30.
Kirbyeggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-07, 01:26   Link #891
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
cuz Char is chuck norris with a mask....., well almost...
long before Kira & Patrick comes along....
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-07, 03:30   Link #892
kamehameha

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
You will not get a similar experience, which is why Gundam SEED fans have been hating 00 for.

But overall SEED is decent, GSD is a really bad Gundam series though.

And if you're really into philosophy/plot/character development, Turn A would be the best. Its famous for its outstanding character development, but some people have trouble liking its mecha design. But it gets onto people, they soon learn the mustache is awesome and the fights are epic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
You're really better off watching the show before asking these questions. A lot of them are answered in the episodes to come, and the discussion for the rest of them will be more interesting after you've watched the whole show.

All but the diehards would agree that Gundam Seed is at least worth checking out. The beginning is a bit of a rehash of Mobile Suit Gundam, but it does find its own voice fairly quickly, and it's one of the most accessible Gundam TV shows. Gundam Seed is pretty decent in terms of plot and character but the philosophy for it is a bit on the lacking side; although that's true of just about all Gundam shows. Where Seed really shines though is in its ability to flesh out an interesting universe. Whether you should watch Destiny or not largely depends on how much you liked Seed.

You might want to take my suggestions with a grain of salt since I thought that Gundam 00 was dreadful in terms of plot, characterization and especially philosophy.

if you had to pick, which one did you guys like better...seed or 00?
kamehameha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-07, 09:40   Link #893
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
meh question

does the Gundam X can charge & fire its Satellite Cannons while moving at very high speeds?
also, while in upside down conditions?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-07, 13:43   Link #894
elindir
Overreacher

Quote:
I would choose 00. Even before reading the thought of other on SEED, I started to dislike a minor dislike. It's not that bad, but 00 is better.
Old 2009-06-07, 16:54   Link #895
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

I would chose 00. I think 00 is much better..

CM-san's Mystical Creations

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
CMSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-07, 19:22   Link #896
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

From what I read Operation British destroyed 16% of Australia's land mass and with 60,00 megaton of force. But the colony drop in 0083 and ZZ seemed lot weaker. Was there reason it was weaker or did it had impact strong as Operation British?
Old 2009-06-07, 19:46   Link #897
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Speculations

Well the angle reentry and speed at collision are very important factor when considering the energy released by the impact.

Operation British was a large scale military operation, so the maybe the colony was directed on a more direct collision course (and they could properly propell the colony).
IIRC, in Operation Stardust the colony entered with a lower angle, and so had much more time to slow down in the atmosphere.
For ZZ I have not watched it yet so I can't tell.
Old 2009-06-07, 20:20   Link #898
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMvS View Post
Well the angle reentry and speed at collision are very important factor when considering the energy released by the impact.

Operation British was a large scale military operation, so the maybe the colony was directed on a more direct collision course (and they could properly propell the colony).
IIRC, in Operation Stardust the colony entered with a lower angle, and so had much more time to slow down in the atmosphere.
That would make more sense, thanks.
Old 2009-06-08, 02:30   Link #899
4Tran

Quote:
I'm probably the person who posts in this forum who likes Gundam 00 the least, so Seed for me by a big margin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUNDAM H.E.X. View Post
does the Gundam X can charge & fire its Satellite Cannons while moving at very high speeds?
also, while in upside down conditions?
The mechanism for firing the Satellite Cannon requires the following steps:

1. A signal from Gundam X to the Moonbase requesting the energy dump.
2. Upon receipt of the request, a signal from the Moonbase to Gundam X requesting confirmation and coordinates.
3. A signal from Gundam X confirming coordinates.
4. The power emitters on the Moonbase have to align to Gundam X's position.
5. The Microwave power is transmitted.
6. Gundam X receives the power.

Steps 1, 2, 4, and 5 involve light-speed communications to and from the Moonbase. From the ground this distance is about 1 light-second to the Moonbase, so Gundam X has to be stationary for at least those four seconds. The rest of the time will be taken up by how long the power emitters take to align, and how long Gundam X takes to receive enough power to fire. So to answer your question, it's impossible for Gundam X to move during this process, and if the power receiver can be aligned properly with the Moonbase, then it doesn't have to be upright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
From what I read Operation British destroyed 16% of Australia's land mass and with 60,00 megaton of force. But the colony drop in 0083 and ZZ seemed lot weaker. Was there reason it was weaker or did it had impact strong as Operation British?
Don't read too much into the different impacts. They are not depicted with any degree of scientific accuracy, so there isn't any real cause for a scientific explanation. For example, 6000 megatons is a relatively trivial force compared to destroying any significant percentage of the Australian continent. In comparison, the impact that's posited to have caused the K-T event is estimated to about 80,000,000 megatons, and it caused far less damage than that. Moreover, where did all of the ejectile from such an impact disappear to. Trying to rationalize this event with the puny little impact in ZZ,
Spoiler for ZZ:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMvS View Post

There will be an amount of differentiation based on the trajectory and speed, but it really won't be that much because most of the energy will come from gravity itself. And if you do watch ZZ, then it becomes really absurd.
Old 2009-06-08, 03:34   Link #900
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
I'm probably the person who posts in this forum who likes Gundam 00 the least, so Seed for me by a big margin.
I'm pretty sure Charred_Knight hates it more than you do, but I think that's because he hates it on principle and not for any actual specific reason.