AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-17, 04:58   Link #141
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
AWESOME ENDING IS AWESOME.

Spoiler for 56:

I DIDN'T TEAR UP AT THE LAST PAGE OR ANYTHING OK?!?!
Sorry but I dont see how it is awesome at all. I mean

Spoiler for 56:
Old 2011-07-17, 05:02   Link #142
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

SPOLIER FOR ENDING

Spoiler for DONT READ UNLESS YOU KNOW THE ENDING ASWELL:
Old 2011-07-17, 05:07   Link #143
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty543 View Post
SPOLIER FOR ENDING

Not really

Spoiler for Not:
Old 2011-07-17, 06:03   Link #144
typhonsentra

Who the hell thought it was a good idea to pair these characters up? I come into a series for cute family fun and end up with the guy shacking up with his daughter..... what the hell is going on!?
Old 2011-07-17, 06:08   Link #145
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Who the hell thought it was a good idea to pair these characters up? I come into a series for cute family fun and end up with the guy shacking up with his daughter..... what the hell is going on!?
Again, i Don't think its quite the same as say Koi Kaze where the romantic insterest was clearly strong. I dont see a romantic interest in there. Just the family. Maybe in a different setting than I originally imagined, but I dont really see anything sexual or romantic between them even in the end.
Old 2011-07-17, 07:15   Link #146
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Not really

Spoiler for Not:
Spoiler for last:

So it's not like she's totally just not into him. They probably won't be having KY Intense commercial level of sex doesn't mean that she won't think him as the best thing that happened to her and want to carry his child.

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Lol spoilers, but honestly why do people get so worked up about
Spoiler for 54 onward:
Old 2011-07-17, 07:29   Link #147
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
So it's not like she's totally just not into him. They probably won't be having KY Intense commercial level of sex doesn't mean that she won't think him as the best thing that happened to her and want to carry his child.
Its only words really. They showed nothing with actions.
Spoiler for sp:
Old 2011-07-17, 22:27   Link #148
Sparvid
*hic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Spoiler for Not:
Spoiler:
Old 2011-07-17, 22:35   Link #149
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty543 View Post
SPOLIER FOR ENDING

Spoiler:
Old 2011-07-17, 22:40   Link #150
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Usagi Drop:

A manual on how to create a perfectly good series and ruin it by the last 3 chapters.
Old 2011-07-18, 01:32   Link #151
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Usagi Drop:

A manual on how to create a perfectly good series and ruin it by the last 3 chapters.
I think it was ruined by the last 4 volumes.

They should have kept with her being a child and Dai being main character. Starting from the time skip Dai became only a secondary character and she started to dwell into teen problems that drfted towards the weird direction in the end.

Its like a half-baked cookie.

Spoiler for hm:
Old 2011-07-18, 10:16   Link #152
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Although it was a dip in quality, it was still salvageable depending on what they did. Unfortunately the author utterly failed at this.
Old 2011-07-18, 13:34   Link #153
KLGChaos
The Shermain

I'm just wondering what the spin-off is going to be about at this point.
Old 2011-07-18, 13:34   Link #154
User68604
Disabled By Request

yea...still cant find this translated

been checking wow! scans main site over and over
Old 2011-07-18, 17:44   Link #155
henwy

I have a question I was hoping someone could answer and preferably someone who actually comprehends Japanese. I'm a bit confused about Nitani's actions. Make that a lot confused. The basic point is that Daikichi loves her and always harbored a torch for her over the years. He even made a proposal of sorts which she turns down. I always assumed she always liked him too but turned him down because she just didn't feel like she could do another relationship or didn't want to feel like he was sacrificing for her.

That being the case, I couldn't explain why the frack she started dating other men and even eventually married someone else. I keep thinking I must've missed something in the translation and that there were subtle undertones in the conversation between them that didn't come across. Did she really not care for him that way? Did she think he wasn't good enough? It just seemed stupid. I could see if she just didn't want to ever do relationships again or get married again, but to turn him down without even so much as a date only to go off with random other guys seemed to make no sense. If this was real life, I would say that she thought he was just too fugly to be seen with and so even if she was glad to be his friend, she had no interest in a relationship. That seems damn cold though and wouldn't have fit with my reading of her character.

So, what the hell am I missing?
Old 2011-07-18, 23:26   Link #156
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by henwy View Post
I have a question I was hoping someone could answer and preferably someone who actually comprehends Japanese. I'm a bit confused about Nitani's actions. Make that a lot confused. The basic point is that Daikichi loves her and always harbored a torch for her over the years. He even made a proposal of sorts which she turns down. I always assumed she always liked him too but turned him down because she just didn't feel like she could do another relationship or didn't want to feel like he was sacrificing for her.

That being the case, I couldn't explain why the frack she started dating other men and even eventually married someone else. I keep thinking I must've missed something in the translation and that there were subtle undertones in the conversation between them that didn't come across. Did she really not care for him that way? Did she think he wasn't good enough? It just seemed stupid. I could see if she just didn't want to ever do relationships again or get married again, but to turn him down without even so much as a date only to go off with random other guys seemed to make no sense. If this was real life, I would say that she thought he was just too fugly to be seen with and so even if she was glad to be his friend, she had no interest in a relationship. That seems damn cold though and wouldn't have fit with my reading of her character.

So, what the hell am I missing?
The only thing I really got from it is that they never got together because of their kids. Because Kouki and Rin were so close, yet having problems, they couldn't advance themselves and she didn't want to be stuck in place waiting for the kids to finally grow up. Personally, I think it's a lame excuse and that it was Nitani's loss in the end.
Old 2011-07-19, 00:03   Link #157
henwy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
The only thing I really got from it is that they never got together because of their kids. Because Kouki and Rin were so close, yet having problems, they couldn't advance themselves and she didn't want to be stuck in place waiting for the kids to finally grow up. Personally, I think it's a lame excuse and that it was Nitani's loss in the end.
I got that at the time he made the first proposal during middle school. Kouki was running wild at the time and I know Nitani didn't want to drag them into it. He seemed to have calmed down afterwards though and Dai made another shot at it and also got turned down. It just seemed completely unnatural. Like I said, if this were real life, I would have just thought she felt notta romantic'y for him because of one reason or another, but you can't help but get the impression she likes him.

I haven't read the last 2 chapters, but because of here and other places, I know how it churns out. I'm not sure that it's her loss. I just can't believe in 2 chapters the story can somehow add the romantic love between Dai and Rin that hasn't been there for 10 years and somehow make it seem believable. She doesn't seem to romantically love him as much as filial'y love him, wanting to stay with him and reciprocate all the years of care he gave her. If he deludes himself enough into buying into that, he'll just suffer for it in the end. I know it's not how it'll turn out with the obligatory happily ever after, but I think we all know that if this were true to life, one day she'd fall into real romantic love somewhere and either drop his arse or tear herself apart with conflicting needs. Not to mention, he'll be living a lie.
Old 2011-07-19, 02:36   Link #158
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by henwy View Post
I haven't read the last 2 chapters, but because of here and other places, I know how it churns out. I'm not sure that it's her loss. I just can't believe in 2 chapters the story can somehow add the romantic love between Dai and Rin that hasn't been there for 10 years and somehow make it seem believable. She doesn't seem to romantically love him as much as filial'y love him, wanting to stay with him and reciprocate all the years of care he gave her. If he deludes himself enough into buying into that, he'll just suffer for it in the end. I know it's not how it'll turn out with the obligatory happily ever after, but I think we all know that if this were true to life, one day she'd fall into real romantic love somewhere and either drop his arse or tear herself apart with conflicting needs. Not to mention, he'll be living a lie.
Yeah thats my problem with this. I wouldnt mind romantical love between Dai and Rin but only if it would have been portrayed, but it wasnt it just showed non-romantic love (family love). No kissing, no romance, no sexual attractiion. Thats why the author either should have played the romance love properly or simply keep them like a family without any implication to man woman relationship (which was only told in words but never in actual actions).
Old 2011-07-19, 12:20   Link #159
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Usagi Drop:

yes mate you sumed up this perfectly..
Old 2011-07-19, 12:56   Link #160
DanielSong39

Spoiler for Ending:
Closed Thread