AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-04-14, 06:49   Link #1881
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Electricity and radiation alone aren't enough to cause the extremely stable C4 to detonate; C4 requires BOTH high heat (generated by a small explosive primer inside the detonator itself) and a shockwave component (you can fire a bullet into a brick of C4 and still get no explosion, as you only provide one trigger instead of the mandatory two) to override the stabilizing agents and kick off the chemical reaction: extremely rapid conversion to overheated gas. In fact, in Vietnam, infantrymen were trained to use small wads of C4 as fuel for campfires; the only problem is that when some guys tried to put out the fires with their boots, the shock from their overzealous stamping would cause the incandescent C4 to chemically convert (i.e. blow up), causing (more often than not) rather embarrassing and painful injuries.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2015-04-14 at 11:29.
Renegade334 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-14, 07:03   Link #1882
Go0gleplex
The Old Guy

Inadvertently Tuka's spell set off the bomb. The electricity hit the exposed detonation wiring that Itami had been trying to reconnect to the detonator. Renegade has the technical info covered.

"No society can thrive when it puts more money, effort, and emotion into its vices rather than its virtues."

Harem of choice? Uzume, Rory Mercury, Raphtalia, and Yasaka.
Go0gleplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-14, 07:15   Link #1883
laclongquan

Heat from electricity spell.

And tons of dragon stomped on the pile~

BANG!
laclongquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-14, 08:43   Link #1884
obnuchious

but then more dragons appear at the end, with one who also controls dragons at ease.....

not a very good sign when your supposed immortal tanker/DPS is badly hurt in the same vicity of said dragons and tamer...
obnuchious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-14, 16:46   Link #1885
Kamui04

Quote:
Originally Posted by laclongquan View Post
Heat from electricity spell.

And tons of dragon stomped on the pile~

BANG!
And guess you didn't read what renegade and go0gleplex wrote.
NO, it wasn't the heat from electricity spell.

The lightning spell set off the detonator, which is the only thing there that would make the C4 explode.
Kamui04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-14, 17:31   Link #1886
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

...Technically, a sufficiently powerful electric arc could set off C4 on its own without the use of a blasting cap and exposed wires. Arcs, which ionize the air as they form an impromptu circuit between areas of unequal resistance, can generate as much as 4,000 degrees Celsius of heat, and some of that energy, from what I hear, is naturally dissipated by a small form of explosion...however, not enough to prevent arcs from vaporizing metal upon contact or even punching small holes through brick walls (yep, I kid you not).

Lastly, high-amp arcs can create a blast wave with pressures exceeding 1,000lbs per square inch, so you've got your potential shockwave component right there.

However, it's much easier to believe that Tyuka's lightning, which should naturally always seek the path of least resistance (air itself is not a good conductor, btw, so electricity will always try to hit something less resistant, like metal), preferred the low-resistance detonator wires (shouldn't these be insulated for safety, though?) to a high-resistance substance like C4. Either way, everything went sky-high.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2015-04-14 at 17:41.
Renegade334 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-14, 20:51   Link #1887
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
However, it's much easier to believe that Tyuka's lightning, which should naturally always seek the path of least resistance (air itself is not a good conductor, btw, so electricity will always try to hit something less resistant, like metal), preferred the low-resistance detonator wires (shouldn't these be insulated for safety, though?)
those wires are insulated for user safety, but depending on the wire used its generally insulated against no more than 1000 volts. Tuka's lighting, depending on how magic works in this universe or how close its potency is to real natural lighting vs man(elf)made lighting which can all reach somewhere between 10 million to 120 million volts . one of those hitting anywhere on the det wire then its game over anyways, the heat alone would melt through the insulation in milliseconds.

Last edited by Angrypokstick; 2015-04-14 at 21:11.
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-14, 20:51   Link #1888
Kamui04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
preferred the low-resistance detonator wires (shouldn't these be insulated for safety, though?) to a high-resistance substance like C4. Either way, everything went sky-high.
Remember that the cable got cut during the battle. You can see Itami shuffling around to find the other end and repair it in a hurry, so there should be sections without insulation. Anyways, on page 32 one of the panels show the lightning hitting what looks like the cable and detonator.
Old 2015-04-14, 21:03   Link #1889
obnuchious

bottom line, that lightning attack triggered the C4s which blew up the dragon along with the swords ripping it's flesh to chunks
Old 2015-04-14, 21:08   Link #1890
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by obnuchious View Post
bottom line, that lightning attack triggered the C4s which blew up the dragon along with the swords ripping it's flesh to chunks
largest improvised claymore mine in that world ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
... more info ?
Itami did kinda come out rather unscaved with maybe minor concusion. Would he have suffered critical injures if not for Rori? And it sorta gives me the idea how Rori seems to have been beated so easily, without even taking down 1 foe O_o
as others have said before :
Spoiler:

And itami suffered the following injuries:
-he got hit by the BACK BLAST of a FUCKING recoiless ROCKET LAUNCHER, that shit's been know to kill people as far as 60 meters. Itami got caught by such a blast at point blank range while wearing no form of impact protection what so ever at the end of ch44, he was simply knocked unconscious and woke up in ch45 with an headache and dehydration when by all accounts his organs should be mush and his skin burned off from the rocket exhaust(like the poor black elves earlier in that chapter who got caught by one of their panicking comrade's back blast).

-Itami was also caught in extreme close proximity to the dragon's steel melting flame breath and an PZF 3 warhead detonation in ch45, he absently mindly wondered why none of the explosion and fragmentation is hitting/damaging him but lost that train of though due to the dragon still being very much of a threat.

Last edited by Angrypokstick; 2015-04-14 at 21:30.
Old 2015-04-15, 01:13   Link #1891
obnuchious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypokstick View Post
Spoiler:

-he got hit by the BACK BLAST of a FUCKING recoiless ROCKET LAUNCHER, that shit's been know to kill people as far as 60 meters. Itami got caught by such a blast at point blank range while wearing no form of impact protection what so ever at the end of ch44, he was simply knocked unconscious and woke up in ch45 with an headache and dehydration when by all accounts his organs should be mush and his skin burned off from the rocket exhaust(like the poor black elves earlier in that chapter who got caught by one of their panicking comrade's back blast).

-Itami was also caught in extreme close proximity to the dragon's steel melting flame breath and an PZF 3 warhead detonation in ch45, he absently mindly wondered why none of the explosion and fragmentation is hitting/damaging him but lost that train of though due to the dragon still being very much of a threat.
I don't recall him making a contract with Rory from the current released chapters... what I do remember from the spoilers provided here he did make a contract with Rory but that was further down the storyline, not the current events...
Old 2015-04-15, 01:58   Link #1892
Kamui04

Quote:
Originally Posted by obnuchious View Post
I don't recall him making a contract with Rory from the current released chapters... what I do remember from the spoilers provided here he did make a contract with Rory but that was further down the storyline, not the current events...
You're like the second guy that didn't understand or didn't remember that they made a contract back in chapter 39? When he was setting off alone with only Tuka in tow, Rory knocks him on the floor? anything?

Remember how she says she'll help but it'll cost him. The price is his soul after he dies, bites him and drinks some of his blood. And Rory says the contract is established. Oh, but guess that wasn't a contract, nope, not a contract.
Old 2015-04-15, 02:04   Link #1893
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

The context and meaning of the contract was not defined yet, and will not be apparent until the next chapter of the manga.

Spoiler is one thing, as I'm guilty of it as well, but stop bashing him for not knowing the future context, or not getting the subtle non-obvious clues.
Old 2015-04-15, 03:07   Link #1894
Velsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypokstick View Post
largest improvised claymore mine in that world ever.

as others have said before :
Spoiler:

hmm, I perceived him dodging it like a boss when I previously read that part. Would of expect maybe partial/gazing injuries at worse. But now I feel like going back and rechecking O_o

But yeah, dam Dark Elves... no concept of Friendly fire :/ Partial to why I was frustrated they didnt listen to Itami (the commander). Didnt fight as a team :/

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-15, 04:30   Link #1895
laclongquan

I think the swords are helpful in leading electricity of lightning get through the dragon scale into the flesh.

Think about it: A flying dragon get in contact with clouds and lightning pretty often. If they dont have electric-resistant scales, they are going to be dragon flambe first time meeting a cloud. The whole process of flying through airs also attract static charges, as aircrafts still do.

So by itself, Tuka's lightning doesnt do much against its scales.

However, with the sword stuck through the scales, electric currents has the direct routes into those draconic flesh. THAT is how her lightning fry it.
laclongquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-15, 04:45   Link #1896
deathly

Anyone know about the light novel version?
deathly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-15, 05:04   Link #1897
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathly View Post
Anyone know about the light novel version?
Yes, what about it?
Old 2015-04-15, 17:10   Link #1898
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by laclongquan View Post
I think the swords are helpful in leading electricity of lightning get through the dragon scale into the flesh.

Think about it: A flying dragon get in contact with clouds and lightning pretty often. If they dont have electric-resistant scales, they are going to be dragon flambe first time meeting a cloud. The whole process of flying through airs also attract static charges, as aircrafts still do.

So by itself, Tuka's lightning doesnt do much against its scales.

However, with the sword stuck through the scales, electric currents has the direct routes into those draconic flesh. THAT is how her lightning fry it.
you are partially correct. the novel and the manga 's own descriptions of the dragon's final moments was:
-sword rain from Leilei where legendary/master craft weapons mixed in among the sword pile was able to impale through the dragon's scale.
-Tuka's lighting spell hitting the legendary weapons on the dragon and the electrical current travel through the swords causing great pain and stuns the dragon.
-the same lighting spell helped triggering the det cap in the C4. causing about 75kg of RDX going off beneath the dragon sending dozens of swords and shock wave overpressure that can be measured in Tons per square inch straight into the dragon's belly.
-The Dragon was torn apart by the 75kg claymore mine of swords and was losing gallons of blood by the second from multiple arterys being torn open. Also, its fire breathing organ was damaged and went out of control releasing flammable chemicals into the dragon's blood stream making the dragon's own blood flammable, which ignited due to the heat from the explosion.
-dragon bleed+burned to death.
Old 2015-04-16, 04:32   Link #1899
mastermind3342
LONER TACTICIAN

poor dragon.....
mastermind3342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-16, 12:59   Link #1900
Grampa

I have a theoretical question here, will Itami be sent in to jail by the japanese authorities after demands from the World Animal Protection or other organisation accused for poaching an endangered species if they heard that the dragon is a rare animal species?
Grampa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, harem, military science fiction