AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-07-11, 06:41   Link #121
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

This episode -_- I'm so conflicted.

OP: The song is great. Why does Chris practice archery? I know her gear has a bow but really? Also Maria doing ring fighting ... ok? I swear the heart shaped crystals are straight out from Sailor Moon. Also their fighting dresses are straight-up H I L A R I O U S. Saint-Germain is a cock with a gun, Cagliostro is whatever she is and Prelati is an insane cricket player.
ED: Chris ED is sad. The song is really nice though.

Episode:
Apparently the guy can drive cars.
Elfnein confidence issues. I'll just put this here since it keeps happening through the whole episode. This better be over quick. Her shouting about eternity and not giving up was cringe worthy.
Team Maria saving the two others. Shirabe got Aoi while Kirika is stuck with Ogawara.
Law defying snakes
Chris actually shot Stefan's leg. Remember the scene in Star Wars with Obi-wan talking about Anakin killing younglings? It's not supposed to be funny but it's so awfully done that it is.
PIRATE FINÉ
Apparently the new relic is called Tiki. Not a dragon though.
Cagliostro is the type of villain who has no problems hurting others but flips when she is hit herself. Don't we all love them Hopefully she gets taken out first.
Very convenient reunion with Sonia.
Maria transformation scene :3
These alchemists ... don't seem very strong? Cagliostro got flat out punched in the face (which was incredibly funny). They basically only deflected attacks with some occasional bullets. Prelati got immobilized by a surprise attack from an opponent she could see all the time. They did tank Maria's Horizon Cannon no problem though.
Maria glowing for some reason. Power-up incoming later.
Shirabe and Kirika literally throwing the plane into the air
There are people on the runway in the way of an air plane and the first thing that goes through that pilot's mind is 'they're cute' ???
Hibiki and her solution to everything: JUST PUNCH THROUGH THE IMPOSSIBLE. That scene made me laugh so hard but it was great.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-11, 11:15   Link #122
bakato

These villains aren't very threatening when they're out conspiring in the open like this Fine and Carol never appeared before the heroes in the first episodes like this and when they're getting hit it's hard to take them seriously.
Old 2017-07-11, 16:19   Link #123
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
These villains aren't very threatening when they're out conspiring in the open like this Fine and Carol never appeared before the heroes in the first episodes like this and when they're getting hit it's hard to take them seriously.
To be fair it isn't like Carol handled things perfectly either. She was standing out in the open in the first episode just lost in her own flashback sequence .

No doubt these two are less threatening. But at the same time they feel like lackeys anyways. The one seemingly leading this trio has stayed calm and in control the entire time. Saint-Germain is actually accomplishing their goals while the other two are basically just screwing around. This whole event might serve as an effective wake-up call for those two. They have skills and alchemy abilities that can make them dangerous, but they are also pretty sloppy at the same time. Acting on their whims got them knocked around a bit.
Old 2017-07-12, 10:14   Link #124
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Also, if anything is to see, I don't think they're the true "perpetrators". Like there's a man behind these three. If anything this is giving me the same S2 vibe, with how they want no one to be oppressed, by their new world order.
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-12, 11:10   Link #125
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

man i lost it at that one pilot of the plane who saw Kirika, Shirabe, & gotlhloli megane who happens to be fighting on the pathway of the plane while getting chased by the Alca-Noise, "there's girls on the runway! they're cute too!", dude get your priorities straight, you & the passengers of the plane are about to get slaughtered & the cute girls you're looking at are deadly super humans.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-12, 14:04   Link #126
DGDCOne
Memoria Vice Captain

Ok I am giving this episode rate 9/10.

Reasons -
1) Cool henshin cutscene
2) The opening of AXZ is the bomb and I love how every characters have their own roles for it too.
3) I love it how Maria, Kirika and Shirabe handle the Mahou Shoujo very well even their Linker maintain it a little bit.
4) I feel bad for Chris big time. I believe she is a tragic heroine because she lost her parents and she has Sonya like a big sister to her but blames her for their deaths. She is trying to make things right and make up her mistakes from her past but still get blame again. I hope she and Sonya make up just like Hibiki and her father did.
5) More of awesome moments of Maria, Kirika and Shirabe especially they are singing together too.
6) I was like 'YES HIBIKI YOU ARE THE ONE!'where she destroy the magical snake beast like it was nothing, making the Mahou Shoujo look like wimps.;P
7) The ending song is too awesome and can't stop listening to it especially the 1st part of the music too. The song and the ending suits perfectly for Chris because this time it is all about her which makes her the main role mostly in this season.
Old 2017-07-12, 17:19   Link #127
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
Also, if anything is to see, I don't think they're the true "perpetrators". Like there's a man behind these three. If anything this is giving me the same S2 vibe, with how they want no one to be oppressed, by their new world order.
At the end of the OP there is a character that hasn't shown up yet and probably is on the alchemist's side.

Also it shows the pairings they're using against their opponents. Hibiki + Kirika vs St.Germain, Chris + Maria vs Cagliostro, Tsubasa + Shirabe vs Prelati. Not exactly what I'd have predicted.
Old 2017-07-13, 14:51   Link #128
alex_drian

Finally, after a marathon of G and Gx I'm here in AXZ, that was a trip, cool moments and shit moments

Well, the OP is excellent, sasuga Nana Mizuki, and the visuals super help, 10/10.

The OP seems to suggest that this season they are try to test new pairings for each rival. The true boss and the possible mention of the father/grampa of Tsukasa.

Is a bit early but apparently Saint-Gemain maybe have good intentions? I don't know about Caliostro and Prelati, they are worth of save? I don't think so. Maybe Tiki, because a girl with a mask, enclosed in glass, with a purpose and exchange as a object always is ticket for forgiveness

The Final Boss seems to be that Adam, that I think is the dude in the OP.

I hope the level of threat can overcome Carol and the Autoscorers because the bar is high and even with no gear they don't leave me with a good impression, but the divine serpent.

Also, is the age of Saint-Germain or what? Saint-Germain in Index, Saint-Germain in Fate, Saint-Germain in Drifters and now in Symphogear. Saint-Germain next Oda Nobunaga.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-13, 18:53   Link #129
tuckersister

Tiki is an Autoscorer. I wonder if S.O.N.G. has Autoscorers too. I also wonder if they will use the Chateau again.

==07/14==
Sonia and Stephan are added to the Characters rooster. Which means they will play an important part at some point.

Also S.O.N.G. has yet to utilize alchemy.

I still wondering which character holds the top popularity out of all. I'm still a Chris fan.

Last edited by tuckersister; 2017-07-14 at 20:35.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-17, 15:53   Link #130
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Spoiler for Ep3:
Old 2017-07-17, 18:20   Link #131
tuckersister

I wonder if we will ever see Durandal again.
Old 2017-07-17, 20:59   Link #132
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Maybe Hibiki should take her homework with her one missions so she dosnt get yelled at by the teacher

Tsubasa and Maria skydiving without parachute rip pliots
Old 2017-07-18, 00:14   Link #133
alex_drian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Maybe Hibiki should take her homework with her one missions so she dosnt get yelled at by the teacher
Maybe the government or the organization should do something about the lessons of Hibiki because she is fucking saving the world. Seriously, that stupidity in anime always angry me, but I think that is better that the dump problem of the last season.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-18, 03:49   Link #134
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post

Tsubasa and Maria skydiving without parachute rip pliots
There are surprisingly few benefits to being a global savior . Well besides the world being around. But that is a shared benefit.

Although to be fair it doesn't appear like the global catastrophes have gotten in the way of Chris, Kirika, and Shirabe in keeping up with their homework. I think Hibiki's time management skills are more to blame here.

In this season if you are not at least a side character, no one will care if you die.
Old 2017-07-18, 06:55   Link #135
tuckersister

I'm guessing that Sonia and Stephan will be in the next episode given that Chris's insert song and transformation will be in it (her transformation scenes are always awesome).
Old 2017-07-18, 10:07   Link #136
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

so by that backstory of the Germans collecting relics during ww2, Indiana Jones is the prequel to Symphogear?
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-18, 15:41   Link #137
Laevatein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Global Sword 2 View Post
so by that backstory of the Germans collecting relics during ww2, Indiana Jones is the prequel to Symphogear?
That, or Captain America: The First Avenger and Symphogear is in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Crossover, please!

(OK, I know that will never happen, but I can dream)
Laevatein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-18, 19:32   Link #138
tuckersister

Hibiki will definitely be interested in talking to Sonia about Chris's past.
Old 2017-07-19, 03:59   Link #139
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!

This show is so damn generic as a "magical girl" serie but i can't stop watching it (like the isekai smartphone one), is addicting and fun, the constant and relentless battles are really suggestive and very well made.
Fnights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-19, 16:18   Link #140
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

I'd post my usual impressions but nothing really happened this episode. Tiki is annoying. Prelati and Cagliostro still not achieving anything. Maria bending physics by instantly accelerating. Elfnein still moping but coming up with convenient half-sphere solution. I'll say that the combined rocket powered launch-pad was really funny though. Also ignition module f yeah. The song with it didn't leave an impression with me at all. The only noteworthy things were Tsubasa transformation scene \o/ and Tiki apparently picking a fight with God himself.