AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2018-06-04, 06:43   Link #501
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalknightftw View Post
It's perplexing to see the power gap between Basara and HC is...well...big. I mean one Basara could take out 2 HCs.

It's surprising those omyoujis could survive all this long, unless ofc the island has high breeding rate lol
You can't use the recent fight as a good comparison since the 3 heavenly commanders were the weaker ones while their opponent was the 3rd ranked Basara. On average, the heavenly commanders and the Basara are roughly similar in strength.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-04, 08:20   Link #502
Xena_C

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
You can't use the recent fight as a good comparison since the 3 heavenly commanders were the weaker ones while their opponent was the 3rd ranked Basara. On average, the heavenly commanders and the Basara are roughly similar in strength.
This, quoted for truth.

They pit 2 supports and 1 premature attack speed dps versus a 6-slotted all rounder dps carry for the Gabura fight. This was never going to be easy.

And none of this was ever the plan. Successful Basara hunts usually take the form of highly organized trap-and-destroy campaigns, like the one with Arima, Arata and Seigen that ends with Uncle Amakawa killing Chikura (who was Rank 8). An incident where they get caught on the back foot, and have to improvise rescues, is always gonna suck: and in this case they needed to improvise super hard.

The battle between the Twin Stars/Shimon/Mayura and Hijirimaru/Higano was an irregular incident, especially in terms of the ludicrous number of unknowns involved for both sides - make no mistake, had it been just Shimon and other island exorcists Sayo would have been lost for sure before Arima and gang could ever show up to save the day.
Xena_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-04, 14:56   Link #503
Royalknightftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Roughly similar? Ever seen a Basara that focuses on support? Nope. That just basically means those support types of HC are useless AF when there are no damagers around. Had there been at least two Basaras in that fight, those three would have been a goner

Thank God those Basaras are dumb and selfish enemies. Had they worked together from the start, The HCs would stand no chance

@Xena-c That just proves my point as it takes a careful plan and a group of HCs to take down one basara
Royalknightftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-04, 20:46   Link #504
Xena_C

Don't worry, lad, I do not mean that you are wrong. Indeed, you are most right. I merely mean to say that there are other factors involved in the equation that allow the exorcists to maintain some measure of equal footing, and thus make their approach to unexpected events more understandable.
Xena_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-27, 19:36   Link #505
zezegui222
A simple man

Sorry guys, already passed 4 days since this 4 chapters got released in portuguese but I only had time to read today. It's Chapter 3 of Adashino Benio-Hen and Chapters 51/52/53 of Sousei. You all can check the summary below. (I will make the others summary tomorrow)

Spoiler for Adashino Benio-Hen Chapter 3:

Last edited by zezegui222; 2018-06-27 at 19:47.
zezegui222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-28, 06:48   Link #506
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Thanks for the Benio manga chapter summary.

Spoiler for reply to summary:

Looking forward to Sousei main series Chapter 51, 52 and 53 summaries.
Old 2018-06-29, 18:18   Link #507
zezegui222
A simple man

@DragonOsman:
Spoiler for Reply:

Sorry for the delay, but about the chapters 51, 52 and 53, sadly they are just the 3 already released Benio spinoff chapters.

I didn't knew because I just read it today and was expecting some new chapters, but I think they uploaded it as "51, 52 and 53" because of the jump on the official cronology. If I'm not wrong, there's a jump in the numbering of chapters because of the spinoff was included with the rest of the series. Now I will just wait the chapter 54 (or Chapter 4 of Benio spinoff) and/or Chapter 55 (of the original series) to do a summary for you guys.
Old 2018-07-04, 12:52   Link #508
u2L2rQ

Spoiler for Rip Rokuro:
u2L2rQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-04, 13:02   Link #509
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I don't think he's gonna die. I just hope he'll get some sort of power-up after this.

@Zezegui: Wait, doesn't Kamui love Benio? The endgame pairing will still be Rokuro x Benio since we got that one chapter where the narrator was revealed to be their child from the future (or in other words, the Miko), but yeah.
Old 2018-07-04, 14:29   Link #510
zezegui222
A simple man

@DragonOsman: Don't know, but there are no moments that he say something like that. But is impossible to deny it, he indeed has attraction towards her. But still is like I said, Sayo (Shimon sister) has a huge crush on Rokuro (she sees him as her prince), and Shizuru (dark skin girl) seems to like him too, but it's like I said before, it's a not reciprocal affection. In Benio side it's even worst, because she hate Kamui and everything that she do is thinking on Rokuro, a love triangle is impossible to happen on this side at least.

Another thing, I think her yin aura possibly influences Kamui's attraction towards her too, because she is like a kegare.
Old 2018-07-04, 15:47   Link #511
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by zezegui222 View Post
she hate Kamui
Actually she doesn't hate him. In the last chapter of the Benio side story, after she transforms, it's made clear she doesn't hate him anymore.
Old 2018-07-04, 16:47   Link #512
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@zezegui: A love triangle doesn't have to only be when the other party doesn't hate the one who loves him/her, does it? So it should be possible even if Benio hates Kamui. She's still going to end up with Rokuro anyway, and it's not even a True Harem. A love triangle situation is just one where we have two people who love the same person. There's no need for there to be reciprocation for it to be a love triangle, is there?
Old 2018-07-04, 17:13   Link #513
zezegui222
A simple man

@Kazu-kun: I didn't read chapter 4 yet, but I read some spoilers that say it's practically the same thing in chapter 3 (I already read this one), she hates him, she will never forgive him for what he did to her in the past, but she understand and accept his importance for what she accomplished until now. Correct if I'm wrong, because like I said, I didn't read it.

@DragonOsman: In my opinion affection is need for the three parts on a love triangle, and this isn't the case here. If one part doesn't like the other, there's no possibility to have a relationship to begin with. Example: two girls liking a boy and the boy liking the other two, this is a love triangle. But if two girls likes a boy, but he likes only one of them, this isn't a love triangle.
Old 2018-07-04, 18:43   Link #514
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I just searched it and found that while a love triangle normally what you're saying it is, there can be one where two people are independently romantically linked with another. It can be a situation where two people love one person, and that person loves one of them back. That's still a triangle.
Old 2018-07-04, 19:49   Link #515
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

A love triangle is A loving B, B loving C and C loving A.

Quote:
Example: two girls liking a boy and the boy liking the other two, this is a love triangle.
That's a harem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
It can be a situation where two people love one person, and that person loves one of them back.
By that logic if seven different people love one popular person and that person loves one of the seven back, it would be an octagonal. What you're describing is just unrequited love.

Last edited by Eisdrache; 2018-07-04 at 20:03.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-04, 20:41   Link #516
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
A love triangle is A loving B, B loving C and C loving A.

Quote:
That's a harem.
Not really a love triangle is any combination of love between 3 peoples, it could be A and B loving C or A love B which love C which love A or B love A which love C any sort of combination between the 3 aslong you have "love" between the 3.

Harem is when you have more than 2 peoples in love with one single person, like 3 or more girls and one guy and reverse, square is when you have or others are like when you have not everyone in love with the same person, like A love B which love C which love B but is loved by D and combinations like that if 3 of them love the same person then it's fall into harem otherwise it's a love square.
Old 2018-07-05, 17:19   Link #517
Kazu-kun

Quote:
@Kazu-kun: I didn't read chapter 4 yet, but I read some spoilers that say it's practically the same thing in chapter 3 (I already read this one), she hates him, she will never forgive him for what he did to her in the past, but she understand and accept his importance for what she accomplished until now. Correct if I'm wrong, because like I said, I didn't read it.
When she comes back from her transformation, she apologizes for putting him in danger, and thanks him for protecting her. It's made clear she doesn't hate him anymore. I bet all the suffering she saw during her transformation changed her way of thinking a bit.

In any case, I'm not saying there's any chance of romance between them. All I'm saying is that she's moved on from her grudge.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2018-07-06 at 18:26.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-06, 14:26   Link #518
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Of course there's no chance of a romance between them, no matter how much Kamui loves her or how much he tries (though maybe he does only have these feelings for her because of how her aura feels now that she's a kegare (he was already developing those feelings before she went through the ritual with Chinu, though)). Rokuro x Benio is already set in stone. But Benio and Kamui can be friends at least.
Old 2018-07-10, 09:44   Link #519
Reis

i`ve been wondering the twin flamberg is applied to the gear right, what would happen if it applied ti his kegare arm.
Reis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-12, 16:26   Link #520
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Chapter 49 *mod snip*

Spoiler:

Last edited by LKK; 2018-07-12 at 17:57. Reason: series is licensed. don't mention fan scanlators by name.
DragonOsman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
exorcist, harem, onmyoudo, shounen