Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-06-09, 21:41   Link #3621
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I think the princess was tiny bit too aggressive. Hiro is prob not into tentacles but he did get used to them by the end of the episode.

I'm all for the Princess route. Klax Hime looks to be more interesting and the last of her species so....Hiro's got his work cut out for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
So 02 got ntr'ed by her mom.
Mom showed her who's the better Klax Hime.
Old 2018-06-09, 21:45   Link #3622
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

???: "Stop! Please stop! It's ruined! Don't ruin my artwork!"

Geez, I feel the screams of the scriptwriter.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-09, 21:45   Link #3623
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Damn, did some of the APE members collude with VIRM? holy moly, this show just got weirder with their introduction.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-09, 21:48   Link #3624
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Damn, did some of the APE members collude with VIRM? holy moly, this show just got weirder with their introduction.
based on they reactions in this episode and the episode where some plantations where sacrified, i bet which they where "fooled" as any other human, they where just some rich peoples and scientits which got fooled by the awesome "modern technology which VIRM bring and goes along with them.
Old 2018-06-09, 21:50   Link #3625
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
based on they reactions in this episode and the episode where some plantations where sacrified, i bet which they where "fooled" as any other human, they where just some rich peoples and scientits which got fooled by the awesome "modern technology which VIRM bring and goes along with them.
Because that little thing called "common sense" was not working with these people. Who in their right minds would trust people wearing masks?
Old 2018-06-09, 22:06   Link #3626
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Because that little thing called "common sense" was not working with these people. Who in their right minds would trust people wearing masks?
Those "people" wearing masks were promising things like immortality and humanity is weak to shit like that. We fall for it every time.
Old 2018-06-09, 22:07   Link #3627
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Batman just called No doubt they lots of hard cash and revolutionary scientific discoveries can numb the human being common sense.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-09, 22:14   Link #3628
Blueknight78

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Those "people" wearing masks were promising things like immortality and humanity is weak to shit like that. We fall for it every time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
Batman just called No doubt they lots of hard cash and revolutionary scientific discoveries can numb the human being common sense.
yeah if we count the fact which before the immortality they also bring a "huge advance in humanity technology with they "magma" empowered machines then you can easy see the "humans one being easy fooled since VIRM bring most of the "miracles" and answer that peoples where looking for throught thecnology.

Basically mankind get tricked into a "ancient war between 2 ancient and strong civilizations to break the "balance" between the status quo created by the over the top strong klaxx defense and VIRM desire to conquest the world and take the great source of power in that world, them since they last "attempt failed they decided to go "blow up' and just get riddle of the planet, if we can't get it them no one gonna keep it and let's blow up everything.
Old 2018-06-09, 22:34   Link #3629
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post

I wouldn't trust him either. He obviously has issues.
Old 2018-06-09, 23:06   Link #3630
Applehell

Episode 20:

Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-10, 00:20   Link #3631
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

Many Youtubers are quite displease with APE being Alien .

I'm sure i am not the only one who came up with the theory of them being Alien .
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-10, 00:36   Link #3632
wissenschaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by kampfer91 View Post

I'm sure i am not the only one who came up with the theory of them being Alien .
You most certainly were not. The show is made by former Gianax staff and Trigger is involved. There were people betting this would end with aliens and space battles since the show started just based on who was making the show.

Like I side, the show has hit Trigger bingo with this episode.
Old 2018-06-10, 06:11   Link #3633
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Things will be fine. The disgruntled will forget, and the fans will continue praise..

And I suppose there's those of us in the middle. This show isn't my KLK or TTGL but I've been amused enough to keep watching to the end.

Also, I don't think the writers ever intended to hide from the audience that the mechs were based on Klaxosaurs. Anyone who has seen enough anime isn't fooled by such a thing. I'm just here to see the characters react to such a reveal.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-10, 06:14   Link #3634
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Are they? Well if that's true, I'm glad that they can still recognize (or at least feel) a cop-out plot.

Quote:
It's both "coming outta nowhere" yet "tired and predictable" at the same time. It's "coming outta nowhere" in terms of the plot and narrative and it's "tired and predictable" in terms of standard tropes and Trigger's tendency to do things.

Given your avatar, I want to compare this episode with the "Tobito"-reveal in Naruto. It's so easy to guess, but fans didn't take that low-hanging fruit because it's stupid and they wanted the manga/anime to be better than that. Unfortunately, the author took that stupid route and slapped the fans in the face with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Things will be fine. The disgruntled will forget, and the fans will continue praise..

And I suppose there's those of us in the middle. This show isn't my KLK or TTGL but I've been amused enough to keep watching to the end.
Count me in. I'm here to see the mecha fights, APE's incompetence and the conclusion of the story (especially with Kokoro's pregnancy). I'm actually intrigued in how they're gonna end this mess, popcorn in hand. It does entertain me. Otherwise, I wouldn't go back every week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Anyone who has seen enough anime isn't fooled by such a thing. I'm just here to see the characters react to such a reveal.
Precisely my point. Regardless, they don't get any points from me for using such old and tired trope.
Old 2018-06-10, 06:21   Link #3635
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I'm actually surprised that opinions are so split on this one. Usually things weigh heavily in one direction or the other. That's pretty cool. It creates conversation.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-10, 06:43   Link #3636
magnuskn

I find the "Meh, I'm so jaded by having watched hundreds of anime that I can't take any plot twists without comparing it to shows from twenty years ago" comments aggravating.

Then again, I got the rare gift that I can get into a story in a way where I don't make constant comparisons to other stories I've experienced in the past and can enjoy them all as something new (well, to an extent, I get sick of certain genres as everyone else, like harem and isekai shows). So what do I know?
Old 2018-06-10, 07:04   Link #3637
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
I find the "Meh, I'm so jaded by having watched hundreds of anime that I can't take any plot twists without comparing it to shows from twenty years ago" comments aggravating.
Considering that we're talking about Eva, aka possibly the most influential anime show ever, and that this show goes out of its way to really hammer it in that it is referencing it, I don't think it's so weird that people don't feel like the plot twist is a twist at all. The point isn't homaging or referencing old tropes, it's that when you do so you shouldn't try to frame them as major twists. There's a way to redo classic stuff which makes it feel fresh, but it ain't this. Just look at Megalo Box for lessons on that topic.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-10, 07:12   Link #3638
Tormenk

Comparisons will always be made against other anime or stories since by this point in time being original is impossible. I just look for execution of the narrative as the episodes go by and reserve judgement for the entire story as a whole when it's done. It's easier to pin down what really adds or takes away from the story then.

As for this episode, the grand reveal certainly came out of the left field but it's done in such a way that it doesn't really make me feel the writers jumped the shark. At least not yet. DitF has shown it can resolve issues in a swift manner if it chooses and that leaves me optimistic they will cover a lot more ground than expected with the remaining episode count.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-10, 07:13   Link #3639
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
Considering that we're talking about Eva, aka possibly the most influential anime show ever, and that this show goes out of its way to really hammer it in that it is referencing it, I don't think it's so weird that people don't feel like the plot twist is a twist at all. The point isn't homaging or referencing old tropes, it's that when you do so you shouldn't try to frame them as major twists. There's a way to redo classic stuff which makes it feel fresh, but it ain't this. Just look at Megalo Box for lessons on that topic.
Seriously? I watched Eva. It was nothing like this show, except "council of hoighty-toighty old people lords it over the serfs" and that is already stretching it mightily. Also, I must have missed the alien invasion in Eva as well, I guess. A general thematic similarity to trans-humanism is not nearly enough to call it an Eva clone or we can do that to hundreds of other anime.
Old 2018-06-10, 07:24   Link #3640
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Seriously? I watched Eva. It was nothing like this show, except "council of hoighty-toighty old people lords it over the serfs" and that is already stretching it mightily. Also, I must have missed the alien invasion in Eva as well, I guess. A general thematic similarity to trans-humanism is not nearly enough to call it an Eva clone or we can do that to hundreds of other anime.
I'm not saying it's an Eva clone; I'm saying it references it. A lot. There are entire shots in DitF that are an almost frame-by-frame citation of equivalent shots in Eva. Hell, the whole descent to The Bottom this episode was an Eva reference (to the Terminal Dogma sequence).

This isn't a way to say that it's plagiarising Eva. It isn't, and I'm actually not one to care so much for originality in the first place; redo an old story well and I'll be all for it. Great stories have been having the same core themes and structures for centuries anyway, the rest is often little more than dressing. I'm saying that it references it, so people will obviously be drawn to think of it, and that means that a lot of us saw the "Franxx are Klaxosaurs" thing coming.

Worse: the show basically lied to us, because it didn't mention this in episode 19, where it would have been most natural and there was no logical reason for the narrator to be unreliable, and as a result the whole story of Dr. Franxx finding out that his robots ran on horny teenagers made a lot less sense. This was just for the sake of making it look like a "twist" in episode 20 - and it wasn't a twist anyway since anyone who knew Eva could have seen it coming, and this show has never been making a secret of being referencing Eva.

Reveals can be delivered in many different ways. I'm not complaining about the reveal. I'm complaining about the way it was delivered and used.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote