Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-09-19, 12:10   Link #681
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

.... wow, way to hold your front Capcom.
Old 2013-09-21, 01:17   Link #682
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Deck Out Your Mechs In Arc System Works’ Damascus Gear: Tokyo War Begins

Quote:
The year is 2097, several decades after the fourth world war in 2050. As new member of secret organization Freya, players take control of customizable mechs called Gears, embarking on various missions. Those Gears will be the stars of the show—with the video above showing off the ability to even get your own paint scheme going, alongside loadouts that change the look and feel of your mech as well.

Players can customize not just what weapons they’re holding on both hands but extra armaments on their backs and possibly elsewhere. Semi top-down action with big numbers and bigger explosions, there’s also a storyline to follow, complete with rivalry against fellow rookie pilot Kotetsu

Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters, A psychological horror RPG for the PS3 and Vita

Quote:
We covered what happens in the first chapter previously–players are the new transfer student at Kurenai Academy High School in Shinjuku. On the first day, he spots a ghost while being given a tour of the school by class chairwoman Sayuri , before getting embroiled in a fight against an evil spirit. Saved by their classmate Masamune Shiga and another lady Chizuru Fukurai, players are recruited to assist the mysterious Evening Spatium Company in rooting out evil spirits.

As the video above shows, the visual novel half will cover chatting with other students and teachers, with a unique art style that has the illustrated characters constantly moving and shifting. Instead of conversation trees, however, players will adjust the flow of conversation by combining one of five emotions (such as love) and one of the five senses (touch, smell etc). That’s a total of some 25 combinations everytime the game asks for input, which will affect the paths towards the game’s ending.

Over My Dead Body 2 Director Shares Details On The Upcoming Vita RPG

Quote:
Since it was initially announced back in 2011, we haven’t heard much about Sony Computer Entertainment Japan’s Over My Dead Body 2, the PlayStation Vita sequel to the cult hit PSOne game about a cursed bloodline that must defeat a demon. After recently revealing a first look of its trailer, director Shoji Masuda spoke to 4Gamer about the upcoming sequel.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2013-09-21 at 01:28.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 05:56   Link #683
Dextro
He Without a Title

The problem with all these TGS announced games is that we'll probably never even get a whiff of them in the west.

Oh well...

In other news Eurogamer reports that Mark Cerny seems to have had a pivotal role in the Vita development as well as the PS4 one. It seems like Sony didn't afford him the official title of "Lead Architect" as they did for the PS4 but both him and Shuhei Yoshida claim that he was in fact the Lead Architect for the system even without the title.

That's interesting. If the PS4 can be called a direct descendent of modern day Personal Computers in hardware the Vita can be called a direct descendent of modern day Smartphones and Tablets. Clearly there's a similar focus in re-using off-the-shell components to streamline development for both systems so it makes sense that Cerny was at least a heavy influence during development but I find it strange that this is only showing up now after the PS4 has been so warmly received.

Link: Mark Cerny: lead architect of... PlayStation Vita? @ Eurogamer
Old 2013-09-21, 06:24   Link #684
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Mark Cerny only makes everything.
Old 2013-09-23, 01:37   Link #685
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

"Over my Dead Body 2"

"Tearaway"

"Uta Kumi 575"

Old 2013-09-25, 23:23   Link #686
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Sorcery Saga limited edition announced

Quote:
Aksys Games will release a limited edition version of Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God alongside the standard edition when it launches for PS Vita in North America this holiday.

The still to be priced limited edition will include a copy of the game, a “Kuu-rry” plate, a “Kuu-rry” spoon, and a “bliblicious bib.”

The Compile Heart and Idea Factory-developed RPG follows a girl named Pupuru as she searches for the ingredients to make the “Legendary Magic Curry” to save her friend’s restaurant.
Old 2013-09-30, 00:21   Link #687
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Idea Factory, Disgaea 4 director announce new PS Vita RPG

Quote:
Idea Factory has entered into contract with Disgaea 4 director Masahiro Yamamoto for the development of a new RPG for PS Vita, the company announced.

Yamamoto is working with a team of developers to deliver the project, which will be published by Idea Factory subsidiary Compile Heart in 2014.
Old 2013-09-30, 07:43   Link #688
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:

Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters, A psychological horror RPG for the PS3 and Vita

That looks pretty good
Old 2013-10-02, 03:11   Link #689
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
So I finally started seriously thinking of getting a PS Vita, only to hear that there's a new model coming out. Go figure. >.>

Does anybody know when it's going to be landing on US shores and how much it will be?

Would it be better to wait for the new model with its better battery life, lighter weight and smaller size, and internal memory? (I also heard that OLED screens, like the one used in the original Vita model, have less lifetime than LCDs like the new model will have)
Old 2013-10-02, 03:25   Link #690
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
So I finally started seriously thinking of getting a PS Vita, only to hear that there's a new model coming out. Go figure. >.>

Does anybody know when it's going to be landing on US shores and how much it will be?

Would it be better to wait for the new model with its better battery life, lighter weight and smaller size, and internal memory? (I also heard that OLED screens, like the one used in the original Vita model, have less lifetime than LCDs like the new model will have)
The new model has 1 hour extra battery life, the Start/Select buttons are now bigger, the screen is slightly bigger as well, and there's 1 GB of built in storage. It's supposedly slimmer in thickness.

The 'biggest' difference and deciding factor seem to be the switch from OLED to LCD. There's a lot of uncertainty over how much of a gap in performance between the two and the 'evidences' so far have been inconclusive.
Old 2013-10-02, 05:46   Link #691
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:

From what I have seen, don't. The LCD looks like shit compares to the OLED. I also see a bunch of people are worry if Sony will discontinue the OLED or not, and ironically, going out to buy the original Vita.

Note: it isn't bigger. It's just closer to the camera.
Old 2013-10-02, 14:19   Link #692
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:

Personally I find the current vita a very solid piece of kit and probably the better of the two versions when it comes to viewing angles/colours and for games that use the rear touchpad.

The newer version on the other hand is apparently slightly smaller, has a better battery life and you'll probably have less accidental taps on the rear touchpad (at the cost of making certain games like the upcoming Tearaway a bit harder to play). I also wouldn't underestimate the changes to the start and select buttons, those two are particularly hard to press on the current model.

Bottom line: I would wait to have a look at both in my hands if I could but I wouldn't pass on a good deal on the current model. It's a truly great system and it does have some nice games but do save up for the largest memory card you can buy
Old 2013-10-02, 15:39   Link #693
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

That being said, if they reveal that the Vita 2000 is $50-$100 cheaper then go for it
Old 2013-10-02, 22:27   Link #694
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Hmmm, I don't think the new PSV will be any cheaper than the old model; currently the old model is priced at about 19,000 yen (around $200 dollars), which is the same as the current price of the US old model. The new model is going to be about 24,000 yen in Japan on its release, so I'd bet it would also be more expensive on the US release the same as in Japan.

But what about the thing where OLED screens have shorter life than LCD screens? Although unless the OLED has cripplingly short life, I'd take whichever has better picture quality.

And how badly do you need memory on the Vita anyway? I know that you need memory cards to put your save data on like the PSP, but how badly do you need bigger memory cards? Because I don't download stuff much at all aside from extra download content, so I don't have to worry about memory space for episode, movie, or entire game downloads.
Old 2013-10-02, 23:33   Link #695
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
And how badly do you need memory on the Vita anyway? I know that you need memory cards to put your save data on like the PSP, but how badly do you need bigger memory cards? Because I don't download stuff much at all aside from extra download content, so I don't have to worry about memory space for episode, movie, or entire game downloads.
If you don't have intend to go with either of those following:

- Playstation Plus.
- Digital games.

then 4GB is fine.

However, if you ever intend to subscribe to Playstation Plus, then by no mean try to invest on a 32GB memory card. If you're in EU then it's even better, since EU's Instant Games Collection library is much better than NA one (this month they get Dragon Dogma: Dark Arisen and FarCry 3). Although NA has better discount for other games than EU.
Old 2013-10-02, 23:37   Link #696
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

atm my 16 gb is holding strong even with PS+
Old 2013-10-02, 23:43   Link #697
whitecloud

Or if you want to buy one you could wait a bit for a ps4 ps vita bundle, there are words sony is planning to release it....
Old 2013-10-02, 23:49   Link #698
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

That would most definitely come with the new model though.

While I could use a bigger Select/Start button, and I could definitely use 1 hr battery life, OLED is pretty as hell especially for games like Muramasa and Persona 4
Old 2013-10-03, 02:31   Link #699
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

So OLED is better than LCD? That's pretty much my determining factor right now for if I wait for the new model or get an older model, which model has the better picture.

And what exactly does Playstation Plus do? I know you get things discounted like games, but what else?
Old 2013-10-03, 02:33   Link #700
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
atm my 16 gb is holding strong even with PS+
My 16gb card has declared bankruptcy already

I've been forced to rotate the games I have on the card for the better part of the last six months mostly due to Playstation plus but even just loading it up with the few games I bought would be enough.

The Vita with PS+ makes for pretty good gaming value (at least here in Europe)

Tags
playstation, vita, vita tv