AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 17
10 out of 10: Near Perfect... 17 14.91%
9 out of 10 : Excellent... 34 29.82%
8 out of 10 : Very Good... 37 32.46%
7 out of 10 : Good... 17 14.91%
6 out of 10 : Average... 5 4.39%
5 out of 10 : Below Average... 1 0.88%
4 out of 10 : Poor... 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad... 1 0.88%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad... 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Torturous... 2 1.75%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-10-28, 08:20   Link #141
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witheirate View Post
OK, Kayaba was on hiding this whole two years and nobody (even the government) was able to locate him. So it's impossible to follow default route.

But, If you were Kayaba Akihiko, the creator of the death game SAO that was trapped ten thousand people in that game. Declared that will release all of them once the game is cleared. Found out that there are 300 people still trapped although the game is already cleared. What will you do?

Find who do this. That's what I'll do. But It'll difficult to work alone, given that my status as the most wanted person in this country. So, I'll call someone that I can trust, someone that close to me, if any. So, the best bet for Kirito for finding Kayaba Akihiko is find someone that close to him. Or, maybe Kayaba will call Kirito himself since he know that Asuna is listed in the still-trapped-in-SAO list. They will work together to help the still-trapped-in-SAO peoples.

But, *ugh* that will happen if Kayaba isn't the person that behind Sugou's plan (is he?). Judging from this episode and the last arc of SAO alone, I though that Kayaba is not into this.

Or.... is Kayaba dead already? is Kayaba care all of this? Hell, we don't know. Hope he will come soon, as protagoinst, not the villain/Sugou supporter.

Meanwhile, Kirito must have try all possible routes to free Asuna. I noted it here:
  1. Go to the top of the World Tree in ALO.
  2. Find Kayaba Akihiko in his hiding (or find someone that close to him).
  3. Investigate RECTO/RCT, company that took over Argus after it went bankrupt, that coincidentally (or not) also the creator of ALfheim Online.

OK, sorry for blabbering... As I concluded from the previous and this episodes, he maybe will just take option 1 above. We know that Kirito is hero outside, but a gamer inside. Let the other two options handled by the goverment.
and it all falls back to option 1.....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 08:27   Link #142
Witheirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
and it all falls back to option 1.....
yes, option 1 is the only choice since it's an anime with an MMORPG genre, not detective genre
Old 2012-10-28, 10:48   Link #143
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

You know, for an anime/story which supposed to set in (future) real life, SAO has some of the most outlandish main villains. First, Kayaba Akihiko which is Aizen incarnate (fancy plannings, WTF motives) and now, Sugou which is the classic Bond villain (blabbermouth, nuff said). How young was the writer when he wrote this again?

Btw, does ALO also provides sexual-intercourse sensation like SAO? If it does....wow, Asuna, you’re in GRAVE danger .
Old 2012-10-28, 10:54   Link #144
Vmem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
You know, for an anime/story which supposed to set in (future) real life, SAO has some of the most outlandish main villains. First, Kayaba Akihiko which is Aizen incarnate (fancy plannings, WTF motives) and now, Sugou which is the classic Bond villain (blabbermouth, nuff said). How young was the writer when he wrote this again?

Btw, does ALO also provides sexual-intercourse sensation like SAO? If it does....wow, Asuna, you’re in GRAVE danger .
For your first point, keep in mind the material for the anime comes from a light novel aimed at something like a young adult audience... classic protagonist and antagonist roles and personalities have been recycled again and again since the ancient Greeks and Romans lol. Only the adult novels get the uber complicated bad guy that you end up feeling sorry for (ok, that was a stretch, but still, they try to keep it simple)

Secondly, given how nearly EVERYTHING was ported directly from the SAO base-code, yeah, I wouldn't be surprised that the sexual content (or what did they call it? ethics code off?) is available in ALO = Rape is possible However, while rape is most definitely a horrible crime and I would never make light of it, if I were Asuna I would honestly worry more about the memory/emotion re-write...
Vmem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 11:02   Link #145
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmem View Post
However, while rape is most definitely a horrible crime and I would never make light of it, if I were Asuna I would honestly worry more about the memory/emotion re-write...
Well of course. Your memory should be the main concern, but I assume VR online-rape is not a light matter too.
Old 2012-10-28, 11:21   Link #146
Vmem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Well of course. Your memory should be the main concern, but I assume VR online-rape is not a light matter too.
I sense some really complicated government overhead department being put together as VR technology is being researched in our real world as well
Old 2012-10-28, 12:06   Link #147
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

speaking about sex, now that they can chose their gender in ALO, I wonder if someone who is male can experience female sexual pleasure if he chose female gender for his avatar and have sex with someone.
Old 2012-10-28, 12:24   Link #148
Vmem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
speaking about sex, now that they can chose their gender in ALO, I wonder if someone who is male can experience female sexual pleasure if he chose female gender for his avatar and have sex with someone.
well, from a physiology point of view, the nervous system of the genitals are very similar. so I suppose it would be possible, though the type of sexual pleasure would surely be a bit twisted as there are fundamental brain developmental differences during puberty...

personally I'd like to stay away from trying to figure out how many guys became females in ALO just to try this out
Old 2012-10-28, 12:33   Link #149
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
personally I'd like to stay away from trying to figure out how many guys became females in ALO just to try this out
Alfheim suddenly became a scary, scary place...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 13:07   Link #150
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

One thing I'm wondering about - is there actually any point to Asuna escaping the cage she's being held in? The implication is that she's going to try, seeing she was trying to figure out the code on the lock despite it being blurred out, but I'm not sure if leaving the cage alone is going to accomplish much.

The glaring issue being that she still can't log out of the game - until said issue is somehow resolved, the whole of ALO is her cage. Not to mention that with admin privileges, Sugou should be able to teleport her right back anyway.

Trying to alert someone of her situation might be worth a shot, but I don't see this working much. Even if she got out (and Sugou allowed her to roam around) and started trying to convince people she is somehow trapped inside the game, she is likely to be dismissed and/or ridiculed as an attention-seeker who is making light of what people had to suffer through with SAO.

I'm actually quite interested in how they are going to solve this, because unlike SAO, the current problem doesn't seem to have an in-game solution. And I highly doubt Sugou is going to offer Kirito to release Asuna if he beat him in a duel

Indeed, I'm having somewhat of a hard time seeing what Kirito can actually accomplish while playing ALO. He would need to somehow nail Sugou in real life in order to get the 300 players released, because there isn't a whole lot he can do against the system admin in-game.
Old 2012-10-28, 13:15   Link #151
Green˛
It's bacon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Eh, who knows. But with the mind alteration thing we hear of this episode, that could always be a possibility one way or the other. That later had me toying more along that line on how my Quantum SAO AMV went, as that for all I know we could be on to something.
Green˛ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 13:15   Link #152
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
One thing I'm wondering about - is there actually any point to Asuna escaping the cage she's being held in? The implication is that she's going to try, seeing she was trying to figure out the code on the lock despite it being blurred out, but I'm not sure if leaving the cage alone is going to accomplish much.

The glaring issue being that she still can't log out of the game - until said issue is somehow resolved, the whole of ALO is her cage. Not to mention that with admin privileges, Sugou should be able to teleport her right back anyway.

Trying to alert someone of her situation might be worth a shot, but I don't see this working much. Even if she got out (and Sugou allowed her to roam around) and started trying to convince people she is somehow trapped inside the game, she is likely to be dismissed and/or ridiculed as an attention-seeker who is making light of what people had to suffer through with SAO.

I'm actually quite interested in how they are going to solve this, because unlike SAO, the current problem doesn't seem to have an in-game solution. And I highly doubt Sugou is going to offer Kirito to release Asuna if he beat him in a duel

Indeed, I'm having somewhat of a hard time seeing what Kirito can actually accomplish while playing ALO. He would need to somehow nail Sugou in real life in order to get the 300 players released, because there isn't a whole lot he can do against the system admin in-game.
If he can make contact with Asuna, he can capture the data and share it with Asuna's father, for example.

But really, for now he's just trying to find Asuna. He doesn't have much of a plan beyond that.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 13:48   Link #153
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
Actually you can't change you gender in any VRMMORPG (for a long period of time).
Well, perhaps they're still guys "anatomically", but you can still play as opposite gender characters. In Episode 16, Kazuto selected his gender when he selected his name. Plus, in Episode 1 of the anime (in SAO), they had characters of the opposite gender (and thus the surprise when everyone used "Mirror"). So... guys playing as female characters are just cross-dressing (with system assistance)...?
Old 2012-10-28, 14:58   Link #154
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
Actually you can't change you gender in any VRMMORPG (for a long period of time).

Spoiler for Left Out Novel Details:
That sounds apocryphal.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 15:52   Link #155
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
That sounds apocryphal.
Um, not quite.

Spoiler for Light Novel Comparison:
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 16:04   Link #156
Mairsile
Athletic girls are sugoi!

LOL I called this a few episodes ago - remaining people stuck to SAO being diverted to Alfheim. Sugou is using the game to try and solicit Asuna's confession as well as his financial benefit. I'm thinking Kirito's sister will play a role in helping incriminate Suguo somehow before the day of the wedding.
Old 2012-10-28, 16:29   Link #157
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witheirate View Post
After watching episode 16 and 17 again:
  • I though that was a white bear in Suguha bed in the ED, but from the scene in the episode it seems that the doll is brown (is it a bear? OK, I wish I could be that doll )
I do believe it's a Capybaras which is actually a rodent (I remember seeing these in Memochu)
Old 2012-10-28, 16:52   Link #158
Vmem

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwong View Post
I do believe it's a Capybaras which is actually a rodent (I remember seeing these in Memochu)
the downgrade from a bear to a rodent only diminishes my desire to become that doll by maybe 1%

Thanks for the info tho
Old 2012-10-28, 17:07   Link #159
Divini
Senpai!

I noticed something I was curious about for a while in a blink and you'll miss it moment.

Images
menu
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

So that's the official romanization spelling?
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 17:09   Link #160
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, perhaps they're still guys "anatomically", but you can still play as opposite gender characters. In Episode 16, Kazuto selected his gender when he selected his name. Plus, in Episode 1 of the anime (in SAO), they had characters of the opposite gender (and thus the surprise when everyone used "Mirror"). So... guys playing as female characters are just cross-dressing (with system assistance)...?
Oh.. I remember those days... using a female character.. Watching your character moving her hips while running is stress reducing ... hahaha
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote