AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-12-08, 12:53   Link #6001
Sayo A.
Presumably Pentadactyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynot View Post
Since things are a little slow here atm I thought I'd mention what might be a small inconsistency in chapter 85.

Spoiler for needless:
Well, if you ask me...
Spoiler:
Old 2010-12-08, 13:10   Link #6002
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayo A. View Post
Well, if you ask me...
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Spoiler:

Last edited by Soji; 2010-12-08 at 14:44.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 15:09   Link #6003
Ynot

Quote:
Well, if you ask me...
Spoiler:
That's why I included "might". If we had never seen an inconsistency before in Needless I would think it's a hint the arrow is a stigmata, but as things are now nothing is certain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avvesione View Post
The one I noticed has to deal with that iron gate. When Saten grabbed that iron gate, he felt an electric shock. Blade grabbed the gate twice (once in 84 and later in 85) and was never shocked. Then again, it could be because Blade is more resistant to electricity due to some of the fragments he's learned? So it's not really an inconsistency...
In chap 85 you can see Blade using his doppleganger while holding the bars, so I guess that's how he prevented electrocution(changing the skin of his hands into something inconductive?).

As for how Blade is going to get out of his permafreezer. If Saten can get properly charged he could break through Strom's iceshield and perhaps also melt the ice around Blade, but the question remains, can he get rid of the ice on his arms first somehow? Perhaps we'll also get an answer as to what those armguards are there for. It's going to be very exciting to see how they're going to get out of this situation and in what shape.

Last edited by Ynot; 2010-12-08 at 15:33.
Ynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 15:21   Link #6004
Avvesione

Quote:
In chap 85 you can see Blade using his doppleganger while holding the bars, so I guess that's how he prevented electrocution.
Good catch. And if you look back at 84 when he grabs the bars:
Spoiler:
You could argue that the electricity wasn't turned on yet. You wouldn't want to have a gate running on electricity all the time since that'd be wasting a precious resource in an area as deprived as Blackspot.

Quote:
Speaking of which: I wonder if Mengroze can heal Blade's injuries? Not that he would seem to have any inclination to do so at the moment, mind you...[/spoiler]
One of my theories was that Mengroze would be the one who's build Blade's modern body since he's experienced at making living creatures out of various body parts. I have a feeling Cruz will use his intellect to get Mengroze to help Gido save Blade and Eve.

Why do I think Cruz would trust Mengroze when all we've seen him do is be a mad scientist? Well, Cruz was treated by Mengroze when he was in the Resistance. I think Cruz will put his faith in Mengroze to help save his friends.

Interesting to note that the Mengroze of this era is the same one that Cruz was treated by in the hospital. I guess that means Blade met Mengroze sometime in the near-present (and probably the same with Strom and Voras).
Old 2010-12-08, 15:32   Link #6005
Soji

Quote:
T
As for how Blade is going to get out of his permafreezer. If Saten can get properly charged he could break through Strom's iceshield, but the question remains, can he get rid of the ice on his arms first somehow? Perhaps we'll also get an answer as to what those armguards are there for. It's going to be very exciting to see how they're going to get out of this situation and in what shape.
the problem I doubt that he can charged himself enough with the arms frozen in that way.

Quote:
One of my theories was that Mengroze would be the one who's build Blade's modern body since he's experienced at making living creatures out of various body parts. I have a feeling Cruz will use his intellect to get Mengroze to help Gido save Blade and Eve.

Why do I think Cruz would trust Mengroze when all we've seen him do is be a mad scientist? Well, Cruz was treated by Mengroze when he was in the Resistance. I think Cruz will put his faith in Mengroze to help save his friends.

Interesting to note that the Mengroze of this era is the same one that Cruz was treated by in the hospital. I guess that means Blade met Mengroze sometime in the near-present (and probably the same with Strom and Voras).
I must admit that with what we know seems to be the most possible to be fulfilled (which Mengroze helps rebuild the body of Blade as we know) The problem is how do Cruz to get it .. maybe showing a human evolution better than its sick beliefs?
Old 2010-12-08, 16:42   Link #6006
neko mata
psychonaut in training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post

Quote:
But, I been wondering. What will happen when Saten and Yamada when they get out of blade's memoirs. Since, after reading the the latest manga chapters of Rosario+Vampire season 2. And, in both mangas they are in the same Situations. But, I'm also thinking that both Saten and Yamada bodies had to be teleported to Blade's memoirs. Since, on page 20 on chapter 76 you can see Saten reaching for Yamada hand when he was stab.
Yeah you right that arc is like this..but at least Yamada and Saten is not likely to die standing too long in Blade's memories .. pity this memory can kill them though.

Quote:
I don't think he will do that on less he knew Yamada was going to be teleported. Plus, if it like Rosario+Vampire season 2 then Yamada does fall unconscious with his soul traveling to blades memories just for being stab by the door. Then I don't think just touching him will make Saten follow suit after him to Blades memories.
So what do you think Saten has impaled himself with the same shards of memories?
I doubt this...but seeing how much is determined to protect Yamada is an option to not discard.
No, since the picture I post have Saten reaching for Yamada hand, not the shard. So, that were I get the teleaporting idea form. Since, we would have seen Saten stab him self to go with Yamada if they wasn't gong to teleport. So is like when goku (form DBZ) learn to teleaport. And, the only way to also be teleported with his is to grab hold of him.

But, I wondering why Saten wanted to protect Yamada? I think it's because of the Eden seed in him. But, Saten also help cruz in the third shelter with Kurumi body. (Even tho I think that is for they can help blade.) Then not to mention he went easy on Eve so she can heal Cruz. So, it might be more then just the Eden seed. I think Saten known he have a hidden fragment in him, and since being sister with Aruka. So Saten thinks it a powerful one. But, it just a wild guess since you never known what Saten is thinking.

Last edited by neko mata; 2010-12-08 at 16:56.
neko mata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 16:51   Link #6007
Soji

^neko mata, Saten has taken an interest in Cruz for his great intelligence. Saten saw how little it took him to find Kurumo and how he managed to understand his Fragment while Saten fighting with blades and Eve, but already taken interest Cruz as a fast he snide kurumo .
Edit:to think of it ... Why Saten was so certain that Yamada's body would have accepted the eden cell ?
I mean we all know what happens if an individual refuses the eden cell(adam project 1 to 77)
Ok Yamada is the brother of Aruka but that does not make any sense especially now that we know that Eve is a bit different from her original project.
Seriously I hope this arc finally gives us some information about this because it is a mystery.

Last edited by Soji; 2010-12-08 at 18:27.
Old 2010-12-08, 20:52   Link #6008
neko mata
psychonaut in training

Quote:
^neko mata, Saten has taken an interest in Cruz for his great intelligence. Saten saw how little it took him to find Kurumo and how he managed to understand his Fragment while Saten fighting with blades and Eve, but already taken interest Cruz as a fast he snide kurumo .
Edit:to think of it ... Why Saten was so certain that Yamada's body would have accepted the eden cell ?
I mean we all know what happens if an individual refuses the eden cell(adam project 1 to 77)
Ok Yamada is the brother of Aruka but that does not make any sense especially now that we know that Eve is a bit different from her original project.
Seriously I hope this arc finally gives us some information about this because it is a mystery.
forget about that. But, like I said it was just a wild guess.
But, I hoping the arc will answer some questions to. Since, I dough they will show way Eve melt for the first time. But, it will be nice to known why.She my be different, but it still strange just to melt like that.
Well, I guess since Cruz survive the PF Zero blast. And, have no negative side effects up to the point. So that might be the reason why Saten was so certain that Yamada's body would have accepted the eden seed. But, I feel bad for the Cruz. since it bad for Sataen to take a interest in a person. Since, you don't known what plans he have for the person.

Last edited by neko mata; 2010-12-09 at 00:41.
neko mata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 03:22   Link #6009
Avvesione

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko mata View Post
But, I wondering why Saten wanted to protect Yamada? I think it's because of the Eden seed in him. But, Saten also help cruz in the third shelter with Kurumi body. (Even tho I think that is for they can help blade.) Then not to mention he went easy on Eve so she can heal Cruz. So, it might be more then just the Eden seed. I think Saten known he have a hidden fragment in him, and since being sister with Aruka. So Saten thinks it a powerful one. But, it just a wild guess since you never known what Saten is thinking.
I think Saten knows something about Cruz that none of us know yet. Saten is known to be a double agent working for Triple Six which explains why he'd go against Simeon in the Third Shelter (kicking Kurumi's body over to Blade, giving up his fragment to defeat Aruka). I don't think it's Triple Six that's interested in Cruz since Saten is trying to keep it a secret from Ishiyama. However, there isn't a lot of information Saten saw before deciding to use Cruz as his little test subject. Whatever it is about Cruz, Saten is willing to risk a lot for him, though.

Quote:
That's a good point you brought up. Those who were infused with the Eden Seeds without already being Needless were doomed to reject the cells and end up dying (or close to, since Arclight survived). Perhaps that's why Eve began to melt in the memory world?... And that's where things get confusing. It's really tough figuring out why Eve melted in the past and the present.
Old 2010-12-09, 14:44   Link #6010
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko mata View Post
forget about that. But, like I said it was just a wild guess.
But, I hoping the arc will answer some questions to. Since, I dough they will show way Eve melt for the first time. But, it will be nice to known why.She my be different, but it still strange just to melt like that.
Well, I guess since Cruz survive the PF Zero blast. And, have no negative side effects up to the point. So that might be the reason why Saten was so certain that Yamada's body would have accepted the eden seed. But, I feel bad for the Cruz. since it bad for Sataen to take a interest in a person. Since, you don't known what plans he have for the person.
I think you have confused the order of events, which is Eve brings Cruz back to life and probaly give him Eden cell occurs before Pfzero, and I am sure that if it was not for theseEden cell Cruz would probably died during pfzero.

Quote:
I think Saten knows something about Cruz that none of us know yet. Saten is known to be a double agent working for Triple Six which explains why he'd go against Simeon in the Third Shelter (kicking Kurumi's body over to Blade, giving up his fragment to defeat Aruka). I don't think it's Triple Six that's interested in Cruz since Saten is trying to keep it a secret from Ishiyama. However, there isn't a lot of information Saten saw before deciding to use Cruz as his little test subject. Whatever it is about Cruz, Saten is willing to risk a lot for him, though.
I fully agree with everything you said, which always brings us back to the usual questions.
What is that he knows about Cruz that we do not know ?
Why is it so important to be protected?
What is that Saten will get from from all this?
Quote:
That's a good point you brought up. Those who were infused with the Eden Seeds without already being Needless were doomed to reject the cells and end up dying (or close to, since Arclight survived). Perhaps that's why Eve began to melt in the memory world?... And that's where things get confusing. It's really tough figuring out why Eve melted in the past and the present.
I agree it is really hard to understand the Eve fact the only thing that comes to my mind is that she wasted too many Eden cell during the care of his friends, especially Cruz. That is, and with Cruz she took a very strong ellectroshock and im more that certain that in addition to reattach his arm she had to replace all the blood that Cruz had lost and then in due course as well to close the opening where she entered for the heart massage ... so I think I had too many lost eden cell without having time to recover.
Also. something I find interesting is that the heart of Cruz shone during that event or at least that was the effect shown, but I admit that it was probably an effect for make us understand that his heart had resumed beating.
However, it seems interesting to say the fact that shortly after we had the kind hands of light and in the recent chapters AnN who gave him that light.

Last edited by Soji; 2010-12-09 at 19:03.
Old 2010-12-12, 23:21   Link #6011
Avvesione

It's chapter week! Finally we'll see what happens to Cruz and Blade in Lifaburg. New volume also comes out this week (17th), so we'll get to see a new cover/bonus material. That's always fun.

Anyway, this upcoming chapter should be pretty big in terms of Cruz's development. It seems like now is the time when we find out more about Cruz, either in the form of a Fragment or in the form of his guardian angel (ANn) and their connection (and possibly the first link between Needless 1 and 2). I'm one of the believers that it'll be in the form of ANn... but I'm starting to doubt myself when I look more at when she appeared and what she did to Cruz.

Looking at what ANn does to Cruz leads me to think she might not return in this memory world. She appeared when Cruz and the gang were stuck at the Black Hole thingy but she wasn't paying attention to Cruz or anyone. When she realized she was spotted, she came down and gave the light to Cruz's leg and then left. Why is it that she left before she saw Cruz safely navigate the emptiness? Also, this wasn't a situation where Cruz's life was in danger but rather Eve's. I'm starting to wonder if ANn is connected to Eve rather than Cruz... Perhaps it was ANn's spirit that was transferred between Cruz and Eve? What do you guys think about that?

Another thing is the light that ANn gave Cruz was for him to replace Blade's memories with his own. I have a feeling Cruz will use that again to save himself and possibly Blade and Eve (if both end up dying or are unable to be saved). That could also explain how they'll get out of the memory world (Cruz uses his memory to re-create the door Ishiyama made). Would that satisfy those who want to see Cruz have a fragment?
Old 2010-12-13, 06:11   Link #6012
Soji

^Avvesione..I do not deny that Ann has a great bond with Eve .. hell she looks like her twin, but I think that this appearance had more to do with Cruz that with Eve.
Although I admit I do not know why and disappeared almost immediately... Maybe she wants Cruz ito be able to resolve the situation by himself, and she only appears and help when there is no other choice or Cruz is totally desperate and hopeless. (like to make him grow up, the reason is unknown to me though).
Quote:
Perhaps it was ANn's spirit that was transferred between Cruz and Eve?
I admit that I never thought of that possibility and I must say this make totally sense if it is true.
But lest say is true....perhaps Ann was born during this operaizone? After all, we know that a part of Blade becomes part of Eve (the part of the brain that contains doppelganger) and AnN's seems to by the combination of Blade + Eve.
Now if we continue with that thought, perhaps AnN was dormant inside Eve and during the events of Tirth shelter when Eve bring Cruz back to life ,AnN is transferred within him, and this procedure is starting to wake up her ... but if this is so ,this mean that Cruz is more mysterious than we think .. that is if we go with the idea of eden seed and this to AnN, this mean that Cruz was not only a perfect match for the Eden seed but also to AnN .
Now if this theory becomes reality would be very interesting to see how Cruz (host) and AnN (spirits / power) interact with each other and even if acting together they can use they powers (maybe like Ann showed us Needless to 1.5?) Another thing that would be interesting to understand is why we see AnN in Needless 1.5 .. maybe as they synchronize and use their powers the body of Cruz becomes similar to that of ANN to use these powers to the max?
In any case, whatever the truth the next chapter will give us some answers and as Avvesione said definitely we see a big Cruz's development.

Last edited by Soji; 2010-12-13 at 09:10.
Old 2010-12-13, 10:16   Link #6013
Knighto

Finaly someone said. You're right, Avvesione, and I would like to add something. Not only I doubt Adam N. will show up, but I think she intervening would be contradicting, because if she appears to help Cruz, then... why did not she did not intervene during when Hatfield was massacring the inhabitants of Black Market? For example.

These are my general thoughts regarding the issue: Adam N. is some kind of spiritual form that serves as the guardian protector of Cruz, meaning they have some kind of bond, and only shows up during a situation where only she has what is needed to intervene. She is always with him, but only manifests when the situation calls for.

Following that, I think, and it's now when it has to happen, that if Cruz is gonna come out of his current situation it will be only and only by himself.
Knighto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 01:25   Link #6014
Kon the Magnificent

Cruz will do something amazing, and I'm anticipating it with a gusto.

As for Saten having interest in Cruz, I also believe it's because of his intellegence. I mean, remember back when Blade was fighting Aruka, and she explain the brain has to unlock certain parts to be able to use a fragment, to understand it.

Well, I thought of it this way.

What if the reason why Cruz is powerless, is not because he doesn't have a fragment, but because his mind doesn't understand it's properties? What if Saten has an idea what kind of fragment Cruz has, and is watching over him because he knows it's dangerous or possible really powerful in a way in which helps him with his own plans?
Kon the Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 02:08   Link #6015
Avvesione

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kon the Magnificent View Post
What if the reason why Cruz is powerless, is not because he doesn't have a fragment, but because his mind doesn't understand it's properties? What if Saten has an idea what kind of fragment Cruz has, and is watching over him because he knows it's dangerous or possible really powerful in a way in which helps him with his own plans?
That's a pretty good theory. It'd be pretty funny how one of the most intelligent characters doesn't understand his own ability, whereas you have airheads like Mio who understand and can use their fragments.

Do you have any idea what kind of fragment Cruz might have then?
Old 2010-12-14, 03:20   Link #6016
Kon the Magnificent

Quote:
That's a pretty good theory. It'd be pretty funny how one of the most intelligent characters doesn't understand his own ability, whereas you have airheads like Mio who understand and can use their fragments.

Do you have any idea what kind of fragment Cruz might have then?
Not a clue

But if I had to guess, it would have to be something no one could ever think of.

But first, let's look at the list of fragments we've seen so far.

Speed

Power

Fragance

Zero

Doppleganger

Fourth Wave/Fifth Wave/Dark Matter

Gravity

Magnetism

Fire God's Breath

Flames

Bionic Compressor

Wind

Rain/Water

Technology Freak

Gorgon's Hair

Ice

And some others I can't really remember

The one that really has me is Saten's Dark Matter. If what he said is true, then is possible for one to create black holes, big bangs, cause death, create life, create stars, make needless, erase needless's powers, there's a lot of impossible ones, and many possibles ones I can't think of.

Honestly I don't know what kind of fragment he'll have, but it has to be something none of us could possibly think of, that's what I believe
Kon the Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 09:14   Link #6017
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kon the Magnificent View Post
I must say that this is another good possibility.
After all, knowing the character of Cruz is quite possible this thing(especially with its inferiority complex)...I mean the first time that he acted was using his intelligence during the struggle against Uten and that was through Eves motivation that make him do something during that fight.
But now I wonder(again if this hypothesis hold true)if AnN is like Saten and her interested in Cruz is for that fragment or as Avvensione thought if is her spirit being transferred between Cruz and Eve.
And if this is the case..maybe is this fragment that has made Cruz the perfect candidate to be AnN's host?
As usual, most cases come out all seem possible to happen.
With all these possibilities I wonder what the author will choose whether or not we will come out with a thought.

Last edited by Soji; 2010-12-14 at 10:11.
Old 2010-12-14, 10:36   Link #6018
Sekirei07

Sorry about being so busy lately, my last final is Thursday so I will get the next chapter done after that. Should be out this weekend.
Old 2010-12-14, 10:54   Link #6019
Soji

^I do not think you have to apologize for this .. we who must be grateful that you guys translate Needless. In any case, good luck for Thursday.
Old 2010-12-14, 10:58   Link #6020
Ynot

I'm happy enough there's someone actually scanlating "Needless" to begin with and since js06 already gave a good summary of what's going on in the latest raw chapter waiting has been made a lot easier.

It'll be a nice weekend though. With a bit of luck we'll have two chapters to feast our eyes on.

Last edited by Ynot; 2010-12-14 at 12:28.
Ynot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, seinen