AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-12, 01:07   Link #1
kakashi222

Should i start smoking?

My friends all do it, and i would look really cool if i did....
Old 2003-11-12, 01:10   Link #2
DontEatGrandma

so what that your friends do it? its an expensive fucking habit that you get nothing out of except maybe pleasing your friends a little.

and there is so much other fucking baggage that comes along with it
Old 2003-11-12, 01:13   Link #3
Dopeskills
Thigh Master

Send a message via ICQ to Dopeskills Send a message via AIM to Dopeskills Send a message via MSN to Dopeskills
After watching my sister die of lung cancer... I woud say no.
Old 2003-11-12, 01:14   Link #4
Gaara11
~ Got Love? ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashi222
Sure u can do it, it sounds like u can't be your OWN person anyway. At least you'll be dying w/ your friends at the same time and could still hang-out somewhere in Limbo. After seeing how my grandfather die of Lung Cancer....not in a million years will I ever smoke that crap.
Old 2003-11-12, 01:15   Link #5
Asura
should i stay longer?

Send a message via MSN to Asura
bleh.. up to you. personally I've been smoking since 6.
Old 2003-11-12, 01:17   Link #6
|Aion|
Hajime

Send a message via AIM to |Aion| Send a message via Yahoo to |Aion|
my dad and sister do it,and they say it one of the badeist and expensive habits they have,but tno matter what they wont quit,but hey if you want to take off 20 30 years of your life,i guess that your desicion
Old 2003-11-12, 01:18   Link #7
Almighty
-=GIF Sennin=-

Ugg such a bad habit. I was such an anti-smoker my whole life. I just started to smoke about 2 years ago (Im 24 now) and its the worst. I smoke about a pack a day and its about $3.25 a pack here. After a month I spend roughly $100 on cigarrettes. Just a waste of money.

I started out by just having a couple cigarrettes every now and then every few days. Slowly but surely I started to increase how much I did it as time progressed until I reached where I am today. Now its just so bad of a habit to kick that I have an extremely hard time quitting. So take my advice and just dont start. Not even 1 if your able to.
Old 2003-11-12, 01:27   Link #8
uglypigs

are you being sarcastic? because really its a shitty habit meant for very angry cooks.
Old 2003-11-12, 01:29   Link #9
Wandering A.I.
エッチだ! しかたない

Cigarettes are not really worth it IMHO, there are better things to smoke than tobacco...
Old 2003-11-12, 01:30   Link #10
Tzurial
in silent opposition

Send a message via AIM to Tzurial Send a message via MSN to Tzurial
Youre just gonna want to quit later so you might as well not start in the first place

Dopeskills Im sorry. Alot of my friends smoke, and they say they wont regret it if they end up in the hospital, but its still sad to watch people kill themselves that way. I started smoking because I dont want to outlive them. Im so selfish.
Dont smoke Kakashi ;_;
Old 2003-11-12, 01:48   Link #11
[^_^x]

If your gonna smoke thats up to you. We all should know the side effects by now. Also you should see if you have an addictive personality or excessive compolsive disorder. That would make you super dependent on ciggarettes. I smoke 2 packs a year or so... I only smoke when stressed or after thanksgiving meal.... heh. used to be a chain smoker. I used to smoke weed too but I quit easily. I hadnt smoked for a yr but I smoked for my B-day and quit again. Most people just cant quit cold turkey.
Old 2003-11-12, 01:57   Link #12
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
Go ahead, I'm not stopping you. It's your life, and if you want to waste it on smoking then I have no right to become an obstacle. Let me just ask you this one question: how comfortable do you think you would be if you had to talk with a machine that you stick in a hole in your throat? If you think that sounds cool, then man oh man, it's just a few years of smoking away! I can just imagine how cool you would look when you have to stick something into your throat every time you want to talk. Not only that, but you get a cool robotic voice to simulate your own!

Man, that sure is cool... having to stick something into your throat when you want to talk AND getting a robotic voice because you don't have a voice anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzurial
I started smoking because I dont want to outlive them. Im so selfish.
*rubs eyes* Geez, if you've only just recently turned 16, I can't believe somebody would have given you cigarettes before then.

Last edited by boneyjellyfish; 2003-11-12 at 02:09.
Old 2003-11-12, 02:28   Link #13
Lst2touchdasky

Send a message via AIM to Lst2touchdasky
*wants to know if jellyfishes can smoke*

also bjf you got it wrong Tzu turned 18 i turned 16 ;p
Old 2003-11-12, 02:33   Link #14
Tzurial
in silent opposition

Send a message via AIM to Tzurial Send a message via MSN to Tzurial
thats right.. -I- am the black hearted adult!! u-whahah..but, I was offered my first cigarrette at 15, though at that time I didnt want it
Old 2003-11-12, 02:39   Link #15
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Everyone has said it. Smoking will change your life - for the worst, not for the better. Three of my relatives, including my grandmother, died from emphysema, a lung condition usually caused by excessive smoking. My grandfather smokes too and I hope he will not go the same way. I'm glad my parents and siblings do not smoke, and if you want to start smoking just to be cool, go ahead. You will regret this decision later in your life, no matter how much you say you won't right now.
Old 2003-11-12, 02:42   Link #16
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
My friends all do it and it would look really cool if I did? That is so stereotypical a reply it sounds like you got it out of a parenting manual. Yeah, that's stereotype number 1 of why kids smoke. All parents should know this reason so that they can figure out how to talk their kid out of it. It's just hard for me to imagine some kid actually phrasing it this way.

Maybe you should say that you feel really awkward when your friends all light up. They're smoking while you just sit there feeling like you don't get it.

I think we're being trolled. Quite frankly Kakashi222's history doesn't sway me from the belief that he might say something like this just to see everyone give these kneejerk responses.

Anyway, troll or not, you've given all the standard responses. Time to put this thread to sleep.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Closed Thread