AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-30, 05:21   Link #261
roankun
Tsundere Lover

Oh, okay thanks. But I still feel that Sakuragakou used to be a coed school...
Old 2010-05-30, 08:43   Link #262
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by roankun View Post
Oh, okay thanks. But I still feel that Sakuragakou used to be a coed school...
Until Mugi joined. Then the male population of the school was purged to test out the newest version of Mugivision™.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-06-01, 04:02   Link #263
yakumo-chan

wheres episode 9??
Old 2010-06-01, 04:40   Link #264
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
wheres episode 9??
um, not yet broadcast in Japan? Coming close to a "where's the fansub" whine there, eh? (Forum Rule 2.3)
Old 2010-06-01, 06:18   Link #265
kotchy

It's a little embarrasing. I didn't get what Azusa said after Mio answered the second question from Mio's fans at the tea party in the 7th episode. I wanted to see what that was translated like in english, but couldn't find the 7th english subbed episode.

In a question site, an answer was like "which part!?".
I can agree with that a little.

Does anybody know what that was translated like?

I thought it's so much tough work for the translator.
Old 2010-06-01, 06:40   Link #266
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotchy View Post
It's a little embarrasing. I didn't get what Azusa said after Mio answered the second question from Mio's fans at the tea party in the 7th episode. I wanted to see what that was translated like in english, but couldn't find the 7th english subbed episode.

In a question site, an answer was like "which part!?".
I can agree with that a little.

Does anybody know what that was translated like?

I thought it's so much tough work for the translator.
The translations are pretty rudimentary, but the meanings behind it are pretty much like this :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Not to splash too much water on SaintessHeart's hilarious explanation of Mio's Q&A gaffes as interpreted by Azunyan's feverish mind...

But the probable explanation is Mio's fear of mold (remember the wet guitar horror?). Showerheads are notorious infestations of mold and germs - so "scared of her own shadow" Mio would probably clean the shower head (and perhaps the entire shower) before using it. This is probably what Mio was thinking.

And she eats the taiyaki "from the gills" because that's where most of the sweet azuki bean paste is (the tail and head having little). She simply loves sweet things as we can tell from her lyrics and poetry -- poor girl had better start exercising if she wants to keep that fixation.

However, I'm fairly certain that SaintessHeart's interpretation is what Azunyan's brain was hyperventilating about.
or

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Of course....

Fan : Where do you wash first when you take a bath?

Mio : The shower head.

Azunyan : You clean the bath?

Fan : Do you eat taiyaki from the head?

Mio : The gill cover.

Azunyan : Where!?

Spoiler for NSFW Explanation:

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-06-01, 07:53   Link #267
kotchy

Awesome!! Thank you very much!!
Old 2010-06-17, 07:58   Link #268
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Q: So I noticed this anime takes place in real time, as displayed in episode 11 they referenced something about buying the Ipad so they can get an AC lol, So What Class year are they in? Yui,Mio,Ritsu,Mugi?? Are they in Class 2012, Class 2011 or Class 2010?
Old 2010-06-17, 09:14   Link #269
TakuanInc.
loves Marisa Kirisame.

Send a message via MSN to TakuanInc. Send a message via Yahoo to TakuanInc.
I assume you read CoalGuys subs then. That wasn't what Ritsu really said. As for the year, I remember that one line in the manga. It's 2009 till present.

"Lovey-dovey couple 2009?!"
Old 2010-06-17, 10:35   Link #270
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakuanInc. View Post
I assume you read CoalGuys subs then. That wasn't what Ritsu really said. As for the year, I remember that one line in the manga. It's 2009 till present.

"Lovey-dovey couple 2009?!"
CoalGuys subs this right? idk, I dident know, Every sub i've watched they kept saying Ipad, so ops
http://www.watchanimeon.com/k-on-season-2-episode-11/

Oh so they started high school 2009?

p.s Does there school run on a three year or the four year? Fresh,soph, Junior,Senior
Old 2010-06-17, 13:05   Link #271
TakuanInc.
loves Marisa Kirisame.

Send a message via MSN to TakuanInc. Send a message via Yahoo to TakuanInc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
p.s Does there school run on a three year or the four year? Fresh,soph, Junior,Senior
Three. First years are called ichinensei (where ichi = first, one etc), second years are ninensei (ni = two, second etc), sannensei (san = three, third etc).

Quote:
Wait, does this mean I am a lolicon?
She's gonna be legal soon, don't worry.
Old 2010-06-17, 14:12   Link #272
Manwards
Cunning Linguist

Send a message via MSN to Manwards
CoalGuys love doing this. I remember them translating "time machine" as "DeLorean" in an episode of Haruhi Suzumiya, despite Kyon clearly saying "TAIMU MASHIIN" in Engrish. Didn't stop my friend going nuts over the supposed reference. Just because the subs are there, doesn't mean you have to turn your ears off!
Old 2010-06-17, 18:12   Link #273
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

why do people some times refer Sawako Yamanaka there teacher addressed as Catherine? her friend also has a western name, correct me if im wrong i believe its Christina? but thats not there real names, why do they have western names lol?
Old 2010-06-17, 19:18   Link #274
zette

Quote:
why do people some times refer Sawako Yamanaka there teacher addressed as Catherine? her friend also has a western name, correct me if im wrong i believe its Christina? but thats not there real names, why do they have western names lol?
I believe it was their stage names when they were a part of Death Devil in high school, and yes Sawako would be Catherine while her friend, Norimi, would be Christina.
Old 2010-06-18, 16:41   Link #275
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
"Anglo" names were "cool and exotic" when they were Death Devil so they each had chosen anglo stage names to use.

edit: oops, zette already answered that, my bad.
Old 2010-06-19, 20:42   Link #276
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

What does this mean? I herd yui say it a couple times

She yelled

K-ON! (Di-ski)! or somethin like that
Old 2010-06-20, 00:27   Link #277
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I *think* you're hearing her say "K-on Daisuki" ("I love light music" ... lit: "K-On Big Love").

If you have an episode and and a time point in it, we could confirm that.
Old 2010-06-20, 13:53   Link #278
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I *think* you're hearing her say "K-on Daisuki" ("I love light music" ... lit: "K-On Big Love").

If you have an episode and and a time point in it, we could confirm that.

thanks, you got
Old 2010-06-20, 14:19   Link #279
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

What is the name of the metal insert song in Sawako's Ep 10? And when will the album be released?

Old 2010-06-20, 21:28   Link #280
krko
The Movie is Coming

Quote:
What is the name of the metal insert song in Sawako's Ep 10? And when will the album be released?
LOVE, and the album will out this Wednesday, if I'm not mistaken.
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a