AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-27, 16:44   Link #61
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Yar... i doubt any one here is expecting anything ground-breaking from this anime For me it's just a nice watch to fill whatever time gap i can come up with. Sure, it is overdone, but hey - what isn't after you have seen 100+ animes
Old 2007-01-27, 16:55   Link #62
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Yar... i doubt any one here is expecting anything ground-breaking from this anime For me it's just a nice watch to fill whatever time gap i can come up with. Sure, it is overdone, but hey - what isn't after you have seen 100+ animes
Oh. I kind of live life at about twice or three times the pace of all other's so I don't have gaps in between anime, games, work, and socializing, so until I can watch it in my sleep its a pass. In fact I have to go to work in 20 minutes. Damn!
Old 2007-01-30, 15:43   Link #63
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ep 2 ~ well it wasnt too bad...some cheap laughs here and there and just as skyfall said its smething to fill in the gaps ~ fanservice was tops but thats about it...not much development but we all know who the guy is going for anyway

but Chiwa is the best for me XD you go girl!

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-02-05, 18:25   Link #64
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Here are the covers for DVD 2. They don't have a slide at the end that shows when the next one is scheduled this time, but April is probably a good bet.
Spoiler for _summer season.2 LE Box Covers:
Old 2007-05-07, 19:23   Link #65
Itlandm
Porcupine

I just watched Summer 1 for the second time recently, and really enjoyed the pretty colors and the carefree atmosphere. It may not be great art, but as a heartwarming slice of life it is becoming one of my favorites. I hope there will be more of this series eventually.

(Oh, and for the weird name of the anime ... I think "underbar" is a reference to German "wunderbar", wonderful. That's just a guess though, based on the fact that one of the characters seemed to know German. Perhaps we'll get an explanation later?)
Old 2007-08-03, 14:00   Link #66
Noran
Musouka

Location: In a peaceful, serene place at night, watching the beautiful stars twinkle in sight
Send a message via AIM to Noran Send a message via MSN to Noran
Hi, I just recently watched the 2nd fansubbed episode that came out, and I was wondering. Does anyone know if Shinen-Subs is going to continue subbing it, and if so, can someone tell me how long the series is? I remember watching the 1st episode a LONG time ago (like last year), and I had to rewatch it to remember what it was about. I'm hoping that the 3rd episode isn't going to take months to come out as well I really like the animation and the feeling it gives off. Can anyone help me?

Old 2007-08-03, 17:12   Link #67
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

This was the last OVA, the series has not continued yet. I dont think sales were too good so it most likely will not be continued.

there is however an omake episode. looks like shinsen may be releasing it separate. if not u can watch ours later.
Old 2007-08-28, 14:47   Link #68
Kensuke

Well, the omake episode is subbed, pure random hilariousness. I was partly laughing my ass off and partly wth. She was so evil.

Just one episode, or is there more to come?
Old 2007-08-28, 15:03   Link #69
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Yeah that is exatly my thoughts. I love the anime...but it didn't have any impact whatsoever. The characters were just cute, it's kinda a slice of life anime that's just there to make the viewer "feel good," and it did. That's why this anime is 8/10 on my list without having a moving plot or something similar.
Old 2007-09-01, 12:04   Link #70
Jman502005
Meh...

Send a message via AIM to Jman502005 Send a message via MSN to Jman502005 Send a message via Yahoo to Jman502005
Question _summer

Hey,

I was wondering if any of you know if they are continuing with the _summer OVA series? I know there are only 2 episodes currently out and 1 DVD special out, but I haven't been able to find out anything else. I'm just looking around for people with a lil more knowledge on the subject than me, seeing if it’s been discontinued or just a long awaited third release. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for you time.

Old 2007-09-01, 12:39   Link #71
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Yup, read up a few posts. There are only the two OVA episodes, and no sign of a continuation to come.
Old 2007-09-01, 15:37   Link #72
Jman502005
Meh...

Send a message via AIM to Jman502005 Send a message via MSN to Jman502005 Send a message via Yahoo to Jman502005
Eugh... That's such a shame, I was just getting into the story to. It did seem like it could have been a good anime if there could have been just a lil bit more continuation to the story.
Old 2007-09-01, 16:15   Link #73
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jman502005 View Post
Eugh... That's such a shame, I was just getting into the story to. It did seem like it could have been a good anime if there could have been just a lil bit more continuation to the story.
Yeah... well, it probably would have helped if they had been able to make it into a TV show, I think. The market's just too crowded, and an OVA from a small publisher like this doesn't have much hope of sticking out. Didn't help that the OVA was pretty expensive too, and I think it's the sort of story that would have continued to gain momentum as it went. Just not really suited to the format, IMO.

Hopefully Hook's latest work, HoneyComing, is able to get a bit more clout among publishers.
Old 2007-09-01, 21:56   Link #74
Jman502005
Meh...

Still, its one of those anime's that just needed time to hit it off. Though, you are right, it did need to be a TV series. Hmm... Well, maybe one day they'll surprise us and put another one out there, or try and find someone who'll take it on as a TV series. We can only hope I guess.
Old 2007-09-01, 22:19   Link #75
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

The problem with _Summer is that the story is too weak. the game was fine, but the OVA was sad in comparison. having the main lead character reflect upon things is fine, but not for the whole episode. there is still a 2nd omake coming soon, but it will be released with the full version of our translation. I had a chance to see some of the honeycoming game, and I think it was a step in the wrong direction.
Old 2007-09-01, 22:46   Link #76
Jman502005
Meh...

Question

What was Honeycoming like?

Well, I just liked a couple of the characters from _summer, I felt the story was about average, it wasn't anything new, but really I thought the character mix was good.
Old 2007-09-01, 22:57   Link #77
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jman502005 View Post
What was Honeycoming like?

Well, I just liked a couple of the characters from _summer, I felt the story was about average, it wasn't anything new, but really I thought the character mix was good.
For my part, I haven't played HoneyComing yet (it's on my pile after Clear), but from the manga I'd have to say that I at least like the character mix again. Asahi's a good lead, IMO, and I quite like Clarissa and Marino (seeing Asahi and Marino go at it in the latest manga chapter was funny ). The game doesn't seem to have gotten widely panned by the critics, at least, and sales were pretty good... so I'm sort of curious too about Potatochobit's comment... but that could really mean anything, I suppose.
Old 2007-09-01, 23:00   Link #78
Jman502005
Meh...

Well, if it has a character mix similar to _summer, I'll probably watch it then.
Old 2009-07-07, 03:27   Link #79
takeru916

I kind of wished they kept going with this series. I don't know, when it first was subbed ... I loved the episodes and thought they would make more than two episodes.

Sorry for reviving such an old topic.
Closed Thread

Tags
bishoujo, comedy, drama, eroge, hook, ova, rikuentai, romance, school life, seinen, slice of life