AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 60 52.17%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 26.09%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 13.91%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 4.35%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.87%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.87%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.87%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.87%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-10, 23:05   Link #241
Sunab0uzu

intense episode as ever. man this series owns so hard
Old 2008-08-10, 23:07   Link #242
mike_s_6

I did some edits to Ranshe's hair and eye color (not that I believe that they're mother and daughter or something, just wanted to tinker with Photoshop a bit):

Spitting image eh
Old 2008-08-10, 23:08   Link #243
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Wow looks alot like Sheryl o.o
Old 2008-08-10, 23:15   Link #244
mike_s_6

If you think of the other characters in this series, and you try to alternatively change their hair and eye colors... I don't think anyone will look as similar as this. I'm not sure that this means anything though, I'll just sit back and watch.

Old 2008-08-10, 23:40   Link #245
G1Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_s_6 View Post
If you think of the other characters in this series, and you try to alternatively change their hair and eye colors... I don't think anyone will look as similar as this. I'm not sure that this means anything though, I'll just sit back and watch.

Come on!
Please, do the following service to me: copy paste sheryl's hair, put it on hime, change hime's skin to match the fairy, and you'd have hime changing into a fairy too! It's part of how they make the women! same with copy pasting sheryl's hair on grace
Seriously
Old 2008-08-10, 23:53   Link #246
mike_s_6

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1Ace View Post
Come on!
Please, do the following service to me: copy paste sheryl's hair, put it on hime, change hime's skin to match the fairy, and you'd have hime changing into a fairy too! It's part of how they make the women! same with copy pasting sheryl's hair on grace
Seriously
As I've told you, I don't know if it means anything to the story that they have similar hair styles. Besides, I didn't copy and paste anyone's hair on anyone in that screencap, just a mere color change my dear.

Seriously

The mere fact that you think I copied and pasted it on her means that it's so convincingly similar (but AGAIN, not that it means ANYTHING).

EDIT: Original photo for your reference:

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/m...ranshe_mei.png
Old 2008-08-10, 23:59   Link #247
MaiHikari

I don't know if anyone's brought this up--but why was it raining on Frontier? I thought they don't have a real atmosphere. Rain can be simulated, but aren't they suppose to be low on resources?
Old 2008-08-11, 00:23   Link #248
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Its simulated.. thats why the news anchorwoman even told us how many mm/h the rain is and even how long the rain will continue..
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-08-11, 00:26   Link #249
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiHikari View Post
I don't know if anyone's brought this up--but why was it raining on Frontier? I thought they don't have a real atmosphere. Rain can be simulated, but aren't they suppose to be low on resources?
They're probably spoiled rotten when you get right down to it. Frontier is likely one of the best places to live as colony fleets go, but if Alto's any indication, there's a tendency to not appreciate that fact. Certainly, you don't see anyone expressing nationalism or pride of country.

Even the name "Frontier" is ironic, since I wouldn't consider the people on board all that pioneering, industrious, or "Boldy going, where no man has gone before". It's like the Original Macross is the greatest generation, and Frontier are the baby-boomers.
Old 2008-08-11, 00:30   Link #250
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

How long is their voyage suppose to be? Do they have a destination?
Old 2008-08-11, 00:36   Link #251
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_s_6 View Post
I did some edits to Ranshe's hair and eye color (not that I believe that they're mother and daughter or something, just wanted to tinker with Photoshop a bit):

Spitting image eh
Well, the colours are off, but it still looks interestingly similar. Get back with perfect colouration, and IŽll do a happy dance.
Old 2008-08-11, 00:39   Link #252
mike_s_6

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Well, the colours are off, but it still looks interestingly similar. Get back with perfect colouration, and IŽll do a happy dance.
Sorry for that, I'm a bit lazy to pickup the pen tablet Perhaps someone can do a better job
Old 2008-08-11, 00:40   Link #253
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
How long is their voyage suppose to be? Do they have a destination?
Until they find a suitable habitable world to settle, like President Glass says.
Old 2008-08-11, 00:43   Link #254
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyph View Post
Until they find a suitable habitable world to settle, like President Glass says.
Lol its gonna be like some Riddic planet you get there it seems normal then at night BOOM MONSTERS EVERY WHERE oh noes they ate my valkyrie *om nom nom nom nom*
Old 2008-08-11, 00:48   Link #255
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by nines View Post
Lol its gonna be like some Riddic planet you get there it seems normal then at night BOOM MONSTERS EVERY WHERE oh noes they ate my valkyrie *om nom nom nom nom*
Could be worse. Could be Riddick himself on the planet.
Old 2008-08-11, 00:49   Link #256
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

So they didn't send out exploration fleets out first to find worlds to colonize?

Not sure if that is a winning strategy of pioneering, or poor planning.
Old 2008-08-11, 00:51   Link #257
.Mero

Quote:
So they didn't send out exploration fleets out first to find worlds to colonize?

They are the exploration fleets
The fleets are (or should be) completely self sustaining. So they could float around for generations.
Old 2008-08-11, 00:53   Link #258
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Quote:

Well i'd say its a bad strategy look what the fck they got them selfs into x.x Vajra coming to blow me up, they even knew bout the vajra for the most part and cant runaway from em somehow....But even if they do find a planet like I said it'll probably have more Vajra because they will come out from inside of Frontier and lay eggs there and kill em all
Old 2008-08-11, 00:58   Link #259
magnuskn

The whole point of the colonization fleets is to spread around humanity as fast as possible. Considering that humanity was almost completely wiped out by the Zentraedi 50 years ago and, according to Excedore, there are more than 1000 fleets of Zentraedi the size of Boldolzas fleet around, IŽd say it is a good idea to send out their colonization ships.

There are also lots of sociological and political reasons why it is better to send out a whole infrastructure on such a long mission, instead of a purely military exploration fleet.
Old 2008-08-11, 01:10   Link #260
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Exclamation

Hey all, I've been lurking here for a very long time and am only JUST throwing in on this discussion...

1st... Mac Frontier is the BOMB! AMAZING action and the relationships are just all over the map. Fascinating series. I really pray that Big West and all get their stuff figgerd' out and release in Region 1 as subs at LEAST! A great dub with women who sing as well as these original seiyuu is probably too much to ask...

On this Ranshe/Ranka/Sheryl thing. I'm probably all wet, but I can't help but thinking the following:

Ranka is stated as being 1/4 Zentradi. I'm going to make a little jump here that this bloodline came from her mother, Ranshe. In the picture Ranka and her mother both have green hair while her brother and father are blonde. I KNOW that that's proof of nothing, but in Anime, often the hair color is a shorthand for being related. Not ALWAYS, but in SDFM, Komiriya has the same haircolor as Miriya, pointing to strong Zentradi genes. And who knows, maybe Max a Human, marrying Miriya, a Zentradi, started a trend for Human males and Zentradi females marrying... Anime logic is often based on less... OK, enough of that.

Ranshe is working on this "project" with Grace & Mao. Since she has the stronger genes of the group, a clone of Ranshe is cultured (possibly covertly, but likely with her knowledge & consent. Who knows. The Zentradi are used to the idea of cloning themselves.) This clone becomes Sheryl Nome (named after BOTH the DNA donor & the doctor who is doing the research (Ran)SHEryl Nome...) Sheryl the clone is purposely infected as an experiment on culturing the V-Tipe (hee hee) virus in a controlled environment.

Shortly after, Ranshe becomes pregnant with Ranka and during the pregnancy gets infected with the V-Tipe virus. The virus crosses the blood barrier and infects Ranka, who is BORN, (not cultured) with the Vajra sequence as a part of her blood.

Between the two, Sheryl needs to have the virus under constant control and so Grace is assigned to monitor her progress. Ranka in the meanwhile is born and raised normally by Ranshe and her husband.

Then during the attack on the 117th fleet, Ozma rescues Ranka during the confusion. Grace arrives on the scene and assumes Ranka has been killed with her family. She scoops up what's left of Brera and takes him back to Galaxy, having him cyborgized. (Possibly as a backup donor of Ranshe's DNA). The Ranshe clone, Sheryl is taken back to Galaxy by evac units before Grace can retrieve her, and eventually finds her scavenging on the streets of Galaxy.

Grace, now operating without either of her colleagues, and assuming that Ranka is dead, proceeds to resurrect her research by raising Sheryl and giving her a false past with earrings from her "mother", which are actually tuning instruments for resonating with Sheryls singing voice and converting them into fold waves. While Sheryl becomes an idol in the public eye, Grace begins to use her as a tool to attract the Vajra for experiments on how to control them during their attacks.

During the first attack on Frontier, Ranka is "found" and brought to Grace's attention through the blood tests of "those exposed to the aliens". And so we see how things have unfolded.

These are just my personal observations and speculations and are worth exactly the cost of admission to come read them, but I'd love to hear feedback... For me though, this theory would tie up a lot of crazy stuf we're seeing...

I'm lovin' this series... In Kawamori we trust!

PS: the block copies Adobe After Effects online manuals as body copy for medical research articles is cracking me up! Great inside joke. Better than greeking!
Closed Thread