Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-12, 04:59   Link #121
stsaturn

Quote:
Originally Posted by passin'gass View Post
I too agree. Remember the ED in the original? There was a girl standing behind a mature Junichi when he was looking at an album, and much speculation on who she was. If memory serves, her identity was revealed only on the last episode's ED.

I think DCIF ep1 is homage to that with the partially revealed clues.
Im a little confused. I have watched all episodes of all the D.C. Seasons. (Although I am currently redownloading them all thanks to Western Digital.) I remember the girl coming up behind Junichi at the last episode of D.C.
Spoiler for Da Capo Ending:
Is that what happened?

Spoiler for D.C. IISS:

I would like to see D.C.if to fit in to the original even if it means he doesent end up with Kotori. I mean Kotori could be engaged to Suginami. Better yet it would be nice to have another show in between Da Capo and Da Capo SS. It would have to be about Kotori then.

Last edited by stsaturn; 2009-03-12 at 05:02. Reason: I'm tired
Old 2009-03-12, 22:52   Link #122
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stsaturn View Post
Im a little confused. I have watched all episodes of all the D.C. Seasons. (Although I am currently redownloading them all thanks to Western Digital.) I remember the girl coming up behind Junichi at the last episode of D.C.
Is that what happened?

Spoiler for D.C. IISS:
You're definitely right about that. That is the canon ending of D.C. that flows into D.C. II. That being said, you need to understand that an "If Story" is basically like an "Alternate Reality". In this case, D.C.I.F. is an Alternate Ending to D.C. It's somewhat tied to the D.C.I.F. consumer game coming out in April, which focuses on developing a full finale for Kotori. But the "main story" of D.C. is what we already saw and you described.
Old 2009-03-13, 21:00   Link #123
fatez

Can't this series just die already? I was really disappointed when kotori got "cheated", and I have since moved on. Now, they want to make thing better. Please just let it die. Kotori is jus too good for Junichi.

What's next, remake shuffle so that Kaedae wins?
Old 2009-03-13, 21:21   Link #124
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatez View Post
Can't this series just die already? I was really disappointed when kotori got "cheated", and I have since moved on. Now, they want to make thing better. Please just let it die. Kotori is jus too good for Junichi.

Because the world just revolves around you.

This OVA series is a pack-in bonus that ships with the DVD Boxsets for the show. So, it's a bonus feature for people who are already buying the show on DVD. I think it's pretty safe to say that, if you're buying the show on DVD, you're not exactly all about wanting the series to die. And releasing series in DVD boxset form some years after the original release is normal in Japan. It's not like they're airing it on TV, or giving it crazy promo -- hence why practically nobody's talking about even here. That isn't by any means to say they're above milking the D.C. franchise -- there is a Kotori-focused game being released in April after all -- but people who want it can buy it, and people who don't can -- shock -- not buy it. What a concept.

And no, the irony of you bringing up the fact that they should "let it die" isn't lost on me either. Besides that, Kotori may be too good for Junichi, but she loves him anyway, so let her have her happiness, even if it is in an alternate reality.
Old 2009-03-13, 22:35   Link #125
fatez

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Because the world just revolves around you.

This OVA series is a pack-in bonus that ships with the DVD Boxsets for the show. So, it's a bonus feature for people who are already buying the show on DVD. I think it's pretty safe to say that, if you're buying the show on DVD, you're not exactly all about wanting the series to die. And releasing series in DVD boxset form some years after the original release is normal in Japan. It's not like they're airing it on TV, or giving it crazy promo -- hence why practically nobody's talking about even here. That isn't by any means to say they're above milking the D.C. franchise -- there is a Kotori-focused game being released in April after all -- but people who want it can buy it, and people who don't can -- shock -- not buy it. What a concept.

And no, the irony of you bringing up the fact that they should "let it die" isn't lost on me either. Besides that, Kotori may be too good for Junichi, but she loves him anyway, so let her have her happiness, even if it is in an alternate reality.
I would like to think that Kotori has moved on when Junichi chooses his sister. Now, they want to make an alternate reality, and make us fan remember how miserable kotori was? Give her the respect that she deserves. She has lost once, and I don't think she needs anybody to feel sorry for her to make another ending. It ruins the image of the strong willed, independent, and above all females that kotori possess.
Old 2009-03-14, 12:03   Link #126
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
It ruins the image of the strong willed, independent, and above all females that kotori possess.
Kotori is strong-willed and independent? No, not really. Kotori is weak, vulnerable, and unsure of herself -- even unsure of her own charms as a woman! -- and this is why she got so much sympathy from everyone in the audience. The main thing that gave her confidence was Junichi. If you have any doubt, just re-watch D.C.S.S.

Quote:
I would like to think that Kotori has moved on when Junichi chooses his sister.
You might like to think that, but that isn't really what the story told us. She struggled for the entirety of D.C.S.S. to accept the reality of Junichi's feelings, even though she already knew they hadn't changed. (See first episode, second drama CD, etc.) She had a hard time moving on. She did learn to accept reality, but it wasn't easy for her. But she had been through more than Aisia, and knew a lot more of the background, so that's why she was essentially 3 steps ahead of Aisia in terms of story development. But if it hadn't been for her maturity and the wisdom that comes with age (and her lack of magical power), she would have been the one begging the tree to revive. The only difference is that she knew, in her heart, that you can't force someone's feelings to change no matter how much you want to. Aisia thought she could "cheat".

Quote:
Now, they want to make an alternate reality, and make us fan remember how miserable kotori was? Give her the respect that she deserves. She has lost once, and I don't think she needs anybody to feel sorry for her to make another ending.
This OVA series is interfering with your sense of closure?! Talk about an emotional investment!

Bishoujo games, like Da Capo (which you can buy now in English, if you want) are largely built around the concept of "multiple endings". Even though the anime chose one path of development, it doesn't mean there isn't room for the "what if". The main thing is, like I said, that this is a bonus DVD for people who are already buying the show on DVD. Since you're not buying the DVDs, you were never meant to see it. So, given that, you have no right to demand anything of anyone. If you don't want to watch it, don't watch it! It's just like the game; you don't have to play all the endings if you don't want to.
Old 2009-03-15, 20:48   Link #127
stsaturn

Quote:

Both Da Capo and Shuffle are great shows and why not give us some bonus episodes? I am all for treats like DC.if. I mean it beats getting a reversable cover or trading cards with my dvd. I just wish they would bring more of the treats over to America. I would love nothing more then to dump a weeks salary on the complete Da Capo collection. I think the Da Capo game is as close as im going to get though.

Last edited by stsaturn; 2009-03-15 at 20:49. Reason: spelling
Old 2009-03-20, 16:23   Link #128
FatalMemory

Quote:
No, that would be terrible.
Kotori is more like Nerine than Kaede.

Kaede is a unreasonably jealous non-blood related sibling just like Nemu.
And Kaede was supposedly second in line, in Da Capo I'd say Sakura was second in line. (at least in the first season)

Shuffle's third in line - Nerine
Da Capo's third in line - Kotori

See, it all works out
Old 2009-03-20, 17:00   Link #129
Sinta

Spoiler for Shuffle Anime Ending:
I liked Kotori the best and I wasn't really a fan of Junichi. Moron.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2009-03-21 at 00:15. Reason: added spoiler tags
Old 2009-03-20, 21:30   Link #130
stsaturn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinta View Post
Well granted; I don't think anyone really thought that _______ was going to win. I liked Kotori the best and I wasn't really a fan of Junichi. Moron.
Sinta you might want to put spoiler tags on your Shuffle hint.

I thought Junichi was one of the more solid leads in Da Capos genre. When compared to Kanon, Shuffle, Clannad, DC II etc. I though his character was well balanced.

Also I think Da Capo's side stories alone gave it a level of depth that Shuffle could not even come to. I do agree that Shuffle did a great job confusing the viewer but I would have liked to have seen more depth in the series considering how many episodes it had.

Last edited by stsaturn; 2009-03-20 at 21:36. Reason: Spoiler
Old 2009-03-24, 06:08   Link #131
hollowification

Send a message via MSN to hollowification
i watched the first season maybe half of second season but i i think this ova is good i seen first ova i wonder what will happen

marriage between kotori & junichi
Old 2009-03-24, 22:11   Link #132
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Iirc, part 2 comes out today/tomorrow, 3/25? (because Japan is about 17 hours ahead of us, they're techincally one day ahead of us)

For me, I gotta admit I'm a Kotori fan adn was one of the guys who whined when Nemu came back in episode 6 of season 2 and took back the spotlight, but now it's more about just watching a show that has a good romance ending. I'm not at all ashamed to admit that I'm a sucker for romance in my anime and manga (I'm always looking/hoping for couples; SetsunaxMarina in Gundam 00, OzxAlice in Pandora Hearts, and even KeitaxKuro in Kurokami), so having an anime like this where (it's strongly hinted that) we have a marriage between two characters that I like is nice to see. Even nowadays, some animes still have a hard time getting past a hug between the main couple, if we even get that much. (those old shows like Arc the Lad, where it's PERFECTLY CLEAR AND EVEN ADMITTED THAT THEY LOVE EACH OTHER, YET THEY DON'T DO ANYTHING, tended to drive me nuts in that aspect)

EDIT: For confirmation, that's a "yes" on my recollection of the release date: http://www.getchu.com/soft.phtml?id=607652 (watch out for some possible adult content in the banners and such)

Of course, we have to wait for somebody to blow the cash on the whole DVD set before we can hear anything about it, lol.
Old 2009-03-26, 03:42   Link #133
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Right when I was afraid that we weren't going to get much info on it for a while because of the price tag associated with seeing this episode:

http://anime-suki.cocolog-nifty.com/...dcif-3d56.html

Very brief coverage, but (basically) self-explanatory. C'MON RAWS!!

People who were disappointed at no Sakura cameo in part 1 will get their share here.
Old 2009-03-26, 04:05   Link #134
golthin

Quote:

it seems that the success of the Kiminoze OVA with a haruka ending gave this people the idea of a kotori ending story.
Old 2009-03-26, 07:08   Link #135
stsaturn

I really don't see what the big deal is. These 2 episodes are nothing more than bonus material packed with the box sets right? If I am not mistaken they are releasing the entire Da Capo series from 2002 untill now. I think what they are doing with this OVA is nothing more rewarding Da Capo fans.

Even though I am also a big fan of Gundam I will be the first to say that what they are doing is way over the top. Releasing 50 episodes of SEED Destiny, a Final Plus DVD and then finally 4 movies recapping the series that had a recap episode every 10-15 episodes. When you compare D.C.if to Gundam Seed Destiny its not bad at all.
Old 2009-03-26, 11:48   Link #136
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana

Quote:
Being an Asa-sempai fan, I like the ending the way it is. But I guess I wouldn't complain for a few more episodes of Shuffle!

That's why I liked Kimi ga Nozomu OVAs and I like the first Da Capo IF OVA. Being a fan of both of the shows, I like remembering what I enjoyed about the original series. It's nostalgia for me. Plus, it's only two episodes, so it's not like it overshadows the original Da Capo.

Still waiting for that remake of School Days where no one dies. We can dream, right?
Old 2009-03-26, 18:50   Link #137
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Uwaa... This was hilarious, in a bad meaning. But, hey, I'm sure there are people that are glad that Da Capo is Dame Po to the very end, even if it becomes an OVA.

Spoiler for 2nd PVA (end):

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-03-27, 01:21   Link #138
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Uwaa... This was hilarious, in a bad meaning. But, hey, I'm sure there are people that are glad that Da Capo is Dame Po to the very end, even if it becomes an OVA.
Spoiler:
Old 2009-03-27, 01:29   Link #139
Master Anime
Miracle Man
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Master Anime
Yeah just watched ep 2
Finally after long time, kotori got happiness she deserved
Old 2009-03-27, 08:33   Link #140
FatalMemory

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmkharuhiism View Post
Still waiting for that remake of School Days where no one dies. We can dream, right?
Personally, I'd prefer Summer Days getting animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
Spoiler:
You make it sound like she killed her, rather than the tree.
Closed Thread

Tags
drama, eroge, romance, seinen