AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-09, 12:21   Link #61
Hobbes

Send a message via AIM to Hobbes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_of_Hell
Why don't you guys whine like this for other series, like Mermaid Melody or Puchi Puri Yuuchi. Tokyo Mew Mew was also licensed by 4Kids and will be shown on FoxBox but I didn't really see anyone whine about that. Every anime series is equal, just like One Piece is equal to Tokyo Mew Mew. True anime fans don't just watch one series and then think it's the best one out there.
Well, call me a "fake anime" fan or whatever... but I get pissed off when my favorite series are going to get butchered and trashed so my little cousins can watch them. Anime isn't made for kids most of the time, and when it is transformed into a kid's show it is no longer the same series in my opinion. Point and case, Pokemon. Down with foxbox and to hell with 4Kids!

All I can hope is that my beloved Naruto doesn't get this shitty of a treatment... I hope Bandai picks up Naruto - they did a hell of a job with Cowboy Bebop ^^
Old 2004-06-09, 12:28   Link #62
Kouji
StrykerX

Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiYamazaki
As long as 4kids release the unedited original Japanese verison (which they are not known for) I won't complain, until I know for sure, then I'll bitch.
Well, it's usually FUNi that handles the DVD releases. Like they did with Sonic X. And probably like with Shaman King (where they let you have either the japanese or english tracks, complete with subtitles). The same thing might happen to One Piece. And seeing as FUNi are, they tend to switch things. The only DVDs that 4Kids would release are the Pokemon series (but that alone would be handled over to VIZ, seeing as VIZ takes care of Pokemon Advanced DVD releases)
Old 2004-06-09, 15:23   Link #63
|)arK_Nin
Oi Oi Luffy!

^^^

Which you've made present like 4 times in this thread....
Old 2004-06-09, 15:34   Link #64
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Interesting article from ANIMENATION news about One Piece Licensing by 4-KIDS.

Worth a read!
Old 2004-06-09, 15:59   Link #65
wnkryo
HainShodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by |)arK_Nin
^^^

Which you've made present like 4 times in this thread....

But no one seemed to noticed
Old 2004-06-09, 16:04   Link #66
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Even if they do release unedited japanese language subtitled DVDs.

The Subs on those DVDs will be horrible, I have never once come across an anime DVD that had half-decent subs.
Old 2004-06-09, 16:19   Link #67
eLstar
(^_^)v

It's not for me that I'm worried about for the One Piece dubbing. It's all the other kids who've never watched One Piece before and will only be getting a watered down version. I want those kids to experience a decent dub to get the full experience that is One Piece.
Old 2004-06-09, 16:27   Link #68
Kouji
StrykerX

That's true. And hey, 4Kids can't be all that bad. Because I have seen some animes of 4Kids that had really good acting. Even though people were watching watered down versions of the original anime. Something tells me that Veronica Taylor could be doing Luffy. Because she also did Ash Ketchum as well.
Old 2004-06-09, 17:17   Link #69
El Diablo

Send a message via AIM to El Diablo Send a message via MSN to El Diablo Send a message via Yahoo to El Diablo
Oh god no, Ash Ketchum's voice sucked ass. Completely. As for the main problem with the 4kids release, is that kids who've never seen One Piece before will think of it how they're likely to "GUM GUM PUNCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!" ¬_¬. While people who watch shows on Adult swim and toonami, who like anime, but know about 4kids are likely to pass it off as utter shit for the fact that 4kids licensed it.
Old 2004-06-09, 17:43   Link #70
Kamui4356
Aria Company

I'm not a fan of one peice, but I hate to see any anime being licensed by a company like 4kids. You can be sure the version they'll show on TV will be editted straight to hell, bearing little resemblence to it's original form. However, all you One Peice fans should take heart in the news that other 4kids series will be seeing an uneditted release from funi. Odds are it will be the same with one piece. There's just too much money that would be lost among the otaku fans of the series not to have an uncut option available.
Old 2004-06-09, 17:47   Link #71
Kodain
Guntai

kamui kamui, now where have i heard that before? I belive its a tec in Shadow skills where u move at high speed. am i right?
Old 2004-06-09, 18:08   Link #72
Kouji
StrykerX

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo
Oh god no, Ash Ketchum's voice sucked ass. Completely. As for the main problem with the 4kids release, is that kids who've never seen One Piece before will think of it how they're likely to "GUM GUM PUNCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!" ¬_¬. While people who watch shows on Adult swim and toonami, who like anime, but know about 4kids are likely to pass it off as utter shit for the fact that 4kids licensed it.
Well then, if you don't like One Piece then you don't have to watch it. You can just read the manga or watch some other anime. But I think your just being rude to the voice actor or the character the voice actor does. But I think, she does a really good job.
Old 2004-06-09, 18:44   Link #73
Deepmist

NOOOOOOOOOO. 98% of Movie 2 and then I was gonna download eps91-97 and I had em all. Its probably going to take a few years just to catch up to where we are in the US isn't it? 98%!!#!$^
Old 2004-06-09, 18:45   Link #74
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodain
kamui kamui, now where have i heard that before? I belive its a tec in Shadow skills where u move at high speed. am i right?
You could be, but that's not where I got the name from. Kamui's the main character in 'X' aka 'X/1999' from clamp. He starts off cool, but later on he becomes a whiny little bitch. Still I liked the name, so I often use it as my sn at forums.
edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepmist
NOOOOOOOOOO. 98% of Movie 2 and then I was gonna download eps91-97 and I had em all. Its probably going to take a few years just to catch up to where we are in the US isn't it? 98%!!#!$^
98% might still work. Try it before giving up hope.
Old 2004-06-09, 19:10   Link #75
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_of_Hell
Why don't you guys whine like this for other series, like Mermaid Melody or Puchi Puri Yuuchi. Tokyo Mew Mew was also licensed by 4Kids and will be shown on FoxBox but I didn't really see anyone whine about that. Every anime series is equal, just like One Piece is equal to Tokyo Mew Mew. True anime fans don't just watch one series and then think it's the best one out there.
We're so sorry! Here I thought this is the ONE PIECE LICENSING thread in the ONE PIECE forum so the natural thing to do was to complain about ONE PIECE here. Next time we decide to express our opinions on a SPECIFIC licensing in a thread SPECIFIED for that SPECIFIC series located in the discussio forums for that SPECIFIC series we'll try not to be such fake anime fans and list every sinlge 4kids licensing. Once again ... we apologise for not being quite as elitist as you are and whining about a licensing IN A THREAD THAT WAS MADE FOR THAT PURPOSE!

I do quite love when people use these licensing threads to make themselves feel like they are such superior anime fans.
Old 2004-06-09, 19:10   Link #76
wnkryo
HainShodan

The infamous mods are prowling our ever digital word

Back to topic;

I would like to see how things turn out with One Piece on fox box. You know, wether or not it will be the next pokemon of america.
Old 2004-06-09, 19:12   Link #77
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnkryo
The infamous mods are prowling our ever digital word

Back to topic;

I would like to see how things turn out with One Piece on fox box. You know, wether or not it will be the next pokemon of america.
True ... although it sucks ... I'm very curious to know how they are going to go about making it suck

The sanji lollipop things is step 1 ... I want to know the rest of it.
Old 2004-06-09, 19:21   Link #78
durrem
[megaplay] *sparkles*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander
True ... although it sucks ... I'm very curious to know how they are going to go about making it suck

Well, this should make JAppi and gravitation happy at least...
Old 2004-06-09, 19:24   Link #79
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander

Are they actually going to do the Sanji lolipop thing? or is it pure speculation.
Old 2004-06-09, 19:38   Link #80
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Sorry guys, bad news. I was poking around doing a little research and from the bits and pieces of "official statements" from 4kids it's really sounding a lot like they're going to make the anime "Friendly to American Audiences", which is a poor translation of "we're going to rape this anime blind and chop it to bits." Dang, and just when I had hope. If you don't believe me, read their news posts from 4kids on this. They all but say it. Gah, I'm so mad at 4kids now. Stupid company. Why can't they leave well enough alone! :|
Closed Thread