AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-03, 12:23   Link #1
wOoOzZy
Master Blaster

Currently Airing

I'm looking for suggestions of anime that are currently being released. I have Shangri-La on Sundays and Bleach on Tuesdays but then there's a big void from Wednesday through Saturday. Is there anything good that's going on right now? Some favorites are...

Eva, Saikano, Serial Experiments Lain, Last Exile, Metropolis, Samurai X, Macross Frontier, Dennou Coil, RahXephon, Scrapped Princess, Azumanga Daioh, FMA, Cowboy Bebop, Wolf's Rain, Chrono Crusades, and Abenobashi
Old 2009-07-03, 13:46   Link #2
Shadow Kira01

How about trying watching Thursday's Umineko no Naku Koro ni and maybe Tokyo Magnitude 8.0. Try Bakemonogatari on Fridays and I definitely recommend watching Saturdays' CANAAN, a new TYPE-MOON anime. However, not all of these animes have been aired yet but it should be by the end of the month.
Old 2009-07-03, 15:14   Link #3
wOoOzZy
Master Blaster

Umineko doesn't interest me too much but the other three look good. Especially CANAAN. Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 2009-07-03, 15:20   Link #4
Kafriel
Senior Guest

How about the most popular stuff around? (One Piece, Naruto, Sengoku Basara, code GEASS, Death note, etc.)
Old 2009-07-03, 16:52   Link #5
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Cross Game is ongoing- although it too comes out on Sunday.

Also, FMA: Brotherhood is going to start airing new material from the manga next episode. (Quick summary of where we are in relation to the first anime version: Greed kidnapped Al, and Ed has started beating the crap out of Greed. What is different? Homunculi are not created when an Alchemist attempts a human transmutation, and the Homunculi are not trying to get Ed- or anyone- to make them a Philosopher stone. Instead they want to keep Ed alive for some unknown purpose yet to be revealed).

Umm... other than that, there is Haruhi Suzumiya, which comes out Thursday.
Old 2009-07-03, 20:57   Link #6
wOoOzZy
Master Blaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
currently airing..currently airing...currently airing??..what do you mean? Everything is currently airing!! hahah!!..maybe you mean..new? currently ongoing?
As in currently airing on TV... coming out with new episodes every week or so. Seemed like a simple enough concept to me. How bout don't be a dick?

Quote:
FMA: Brotherhood
Is the new series different enough to warrant another run through? And I have been watching the new episodes of Haruhi here and there. Now that I know it's on Thursdays I'll probably keep up with it more. Thanks.
Old 2009-07-03, 21:17   Link #7
Cipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by wOoOzZy View Post
As in currently airing on TV... coming out with new episodes every week or so. Seemed like a simple enough concept to me. How bout don't be a dick?.
I really have a stony personality. I still don't understand the degree of my offense but I guess i have to try to understand.

I just wanted to help clarify things. Airing is not the same as Ongoing...There are shows that have ended and yet are still Airing actually. At least that's what i thought it meant.
Quote:
Everything is currently airing!! hahah!!
Ok, maybe that was offensive..hehe ^^..then again, Non-aired animes could be those raw ones.

Last edited by Cipher; 2009-07-04 at 04:23.
Old 2009-07-04, 01:04   Link #8
oompa loompa

Mmmm a couple of good shows just got finished.. well,

I'll second FMA:Brotherhood for one - the story will begin to go in a fairly different direction. and I do honestly suggest you give Umineko a try - I dont know how good it will actually be, but if it stays true to the story, it will be one hell of a ride - The synopsis given earlier is deceiving, as I'm sure the person who posted it will tell you. If its really not your thing, theres others like Pandora Hearts and 07-Ghost. If you watch bleach, have you ever considered picking up naruto (this is probably the first time I've recommended it.. apart from the fillers though, I've generally found Naruto to be quite a bit better than bleach) or One Piece for that matter? Theres of course Suzumiya Haruhi as well.. if you want summaries theres always the review/preview thread in the general forum, as well as plenty of opinions to go with it...
Old 2009-07-04, 12:01   Link #9
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by wOoOzZy View Post
FMA: Brotherhood

Is the new series different enough to warrant another run through? And I have been watching the new episodes of Haruhi here and there. Now that I know it's on Thursdays I'll probably keep up with it more. Thanks.
I've read the manga, so yes I would say so. I don't know how many episodes it will be till it becomes more apparent, but new stuff should be starting next episode.
Closed Thread