AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-04-04, 14:32   Link #1
Leo Keichi

PSN Games

Yesterday I was browsing through Playstation Network for the first time, and was amazed at the quantity of games there are to download, specially in the Japanese store. After much guessing, I somehow managed to download Weekly Toro Station.

So, I'd like to know what games of PSN you've played. And what would you recommend. Next I'm looking forward to that Flower game, and also Wipeout HD, of course.

And one more question: do you guys know if it's possible to stop downloading a game and resume it later? Because it looks like there are some huge files there, like FFVII.
Leo Keichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 15:07   Link #2
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Keichi View Post
And one more question: do you guys know if it's possible to stop downloading a game and resume it later? Because it looks like there are some huge files there, like FFVII.
Well I know you can have it download in the background while you're doing other things on your PS3, but I don't know if you can download part of something and then continue it later.

If you buy something though and then cancel the download or delete it no worries, the PSN will recognize you as having already purchased it and you won't have to pay for it again if you decide to download it again.

Anyway, only PSN game I have is Worms. I loved that game on the PSX a ways back. Don't play it very much though. =T
Old 2010-04-04, 16:09   Link #3
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I still like to thank the PSN store daily for giving me another chance to play the oh so awesome Vagrant Story. <3
Old 2010-04-04, 19:49   Link #4
yeahitschris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Keichi View Post
Yesterday I was browsing through Playstation Network for the first time, and was amazed at the quantity of games there are to download, specially in the Japanese store. After much guessing, I somehow managed to download Weekly Toro Station.

So, I'd like to know what games of PSN you've played. And what would you recommend. Next I'm looking forward to that Flower game, and also Wipeout HD, of course.

you can just leave your ps3 on overnight. then go to the "shut off" tab of the Ps3 and press turn off. and put a check "turn off playstation 3 after download is complete"
Old 2010-04-05, 06:30   Link #5
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
I have a few ... Echochrome, Fat Princess, Flower and Noby Noby Boy.
All of them got pushed back by FF XIII's release, though.
I really wish they would upload Chrono Cross, since it never got published here .. Dreamcast titles would be cool too
Reminds me that I should come around to play Legen of Dragoon and Vagrant Story some time (got hardcopies of those).

I'd really like to download FF VII in the english version, as the german translation is pretty butchered (have that lying around anyway). It doesn't seem to be possible with my german account. Could I just do it with an US account? And can I use the same credit card? The payment is only set for one account isn't it?
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 08:56   Link #6
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

What is Vagrant story like? I think I've seen artwork once with the CGI being titled 'Vagrant Story' or something... Studo-E.Go! or some sort. It was during my time on Battle.net, so it's alittle fuzzy.

I want to get on PSN sometime, and buy Unlimited Codes. Dude... Diarmuid is a character, beat that. Oh right... You can't. :P Now only if they had Lancelot as well...
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 07:21   Link #7
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

I played a lot of those games at psn, my favorite is Flower. It's mind blowing. You have to see. Also, Warhawk is quite fun.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-27, 14:39   Link #8
Leo Keichi

I've finally managed to buy WipeOut and Flower. Flower is a very nice game, but I'm not so sure about WipeOut. It's damn difficult, almost Touhou-like difficult!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
I really wish they would upload Chrono Cross, since it never got published here .. Dreamcast titles would be cool too

I'd really like to download FF VII in the english version, as the german translation is pretty butchered (have that lying around anyway). It doesn't seem to be possible with my german account. Could I just do it with an US account? And can I use the same credit card? The payment is only set for one account isn't it?
You could buy the English version using a new account. But you must buy PSN cards to buy the games, because they don't accept foreign credit cards. That's what I did, btw. And I heard they're going to release Chrono Cross sometime this year (at least the Japanese version). Also, there's going to have some Dreamcast titles released this year, like Crazy Taxi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaced View Post
What's the quality like for PS1 games on PSN?
Well, I never had a PS1, but I suppose the quality is the same, and probably with faster loading screens.
Leo Keichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-27, 14:51   Link #9
Kazu
Flowing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Keichi;3109909.
Also, there's going to have some Dreamcast titles released this year, like Crazy Taxi.

*crossing fingers* I hope they release Project Justice, I've been craving it ever since my parents sold my dreamcast

Tags
games, ps3, psn