AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-23, 05:19   Link #18821
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
We thought Belka was Midchilda, as the Cradle was found on planet, thereinby rendering Saint X and my "Planet Belk" idea null and void.

Now this piece of evidence opens this possibility:

Belka came from another planet, running away from said threats. However, the ship was badly damaged from the escape, and the occupants bailed out in lifeboats over Midchilda. The Cradle then crashed, burying itself several strata underground.

The only problem here is the crash site:

A crash can't possibly end up several strata underground (as seen in canon) without disturbing the top layers around it, unless it landed in a giant Cradle-sized cave at the exact moment and angle. Something I don't think a captain wanting to save his passengers would want to aim his dying ship at.

A crash of something that big at reentry velocity would cover all of Midchilda in a dust cloud for centuries, causing mass extinction. This is something that puzzled me since the days of the UC colony drops. So how big does something have to be to kick up the eternal duststorm supposedly responsible for MEEs?

Anime shows that the Cradle must've been buried for ages, but then Wiki says it might've been just another Exodar. Which one is true?
How about crashing in a sea? It should reduce the after effect.
Old 2008-01-23, 05:35   Link #18822
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixG View Post
How about crashing in a sea? It should reduce the after effect.
The Cradle never crashed anywhere near a sea though

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2008-01-23, 05:44   Link #18823
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Ok, some backlog busting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
P.S -

@Tormenk

Images like this,

Spoiler:

Well...Lelouch won...good for him

Quote:
EDIT: Just as we were getting comfortable with the crack fort each of us may be building, from DestinyS to Rebuilt, Tsuzuki may really have decided to strike Forth.

"Every body now. On 2. 1, 2..."

"H0LY 5HYT"

Looks like its time to organize another round of hop-skotch. I'd say Tsuzuki'd do something similar to whatever I had planned for the MageWarrior series and screw it up like StrikerS.

BUT let's see if der Kleriker continues to prove why "I Am Legend" in surviving the next onslaught.

Otherwise, that MTV of Jay Chou's "Wo Bu Pei" is gonna come in handy for "The Breakup of Tessalgar Square"...
Let's wait a bit longer before we jump the gun, ok?

Quote:
Originally Posted by selkirk View Post
Sounds fishy to me, but anyway...

Supposedly about anti-terror warfare.
New characters:
Amano Asuka - 18 years old. Special forces (army) Major. (whoa rank inflation )
Hokuto Kusanagi - 16 years old. Army Captain. ヒュームリット(?) (Combat Cyborg) Modern Belka. The daughter of the Kusanagi couple in the Dominators, her upbringing was complicated.

Nanoha is an Air Force Major.
強化人間エクステンデッド(後述)
Enhanced humans "Extended" (detailed below) - Magic Rank Air AA
...not gonna read the rest, but it includes some characters with such choice terms as "big-breasted, rough-mouthed", and some Kansai-ben speaking childish face character.
Other characters like "sick" character: Beretta (like Asakura Ryouko), Hokuto (silent type like Nagato Yuki, Tabitha)

New unit called the Dominators. A lot of choice words are just in the greyed out areas, and I don't want to try and identify blobs. Anyway, it's where Asuka et al are. They go up against Nanoha, and Hayate, predicting the political fallout, reassembles the old Riot 6 members in secret.

Just some random translations from what I could see easily.
Yep, very fishy...

Quote:
I must admit "strike Forth" sounds quite like a title that they'd do, but that's just me. What my primary concern (and objection) is of a "NO, YOU GUYS SCREWED STRIKERS, SO DON'T KILL THE FRANCHISE BEYOND THE DAMAGE ALREADY DONE!!!" kinda mood.

For me, I'm not so concerned about timelines -I have too many, killing some off might do me good -, but it does slow things down for the Kerokanon. Nonetheless, I'll just switch back to the main timeline, progress from there via Ion-Canon Hopskotch, then switch back to Kerokanon end of next year.

It's really simple, with my persistent half-hatching habit persisting persistently.

Looks like that Epilogue of StrikerS for the main timeline needs to be banged out pronto. Everyone, start cracking! So far, only Master FlameZ and Keroko, who doesn't really exist in the timeline, has done so!

RE Unwanted Sequel: I wished they'd take a leaf from Gundam and get both action and plot mostly right, while making it a 50 epi blockbuster because they can, should and must have to do the Nanohaverse right.

Now I've no idea what's going on... As expected, there's gonna be political fallout from 912... Just in time too, when Celestial Being's deep factional divide is beginning to surface...

*hides the Thrones*

But...

Amano Asuka sounds like Amuro + Asuka's lovechild. >_>

And Hotuko Kusanagi, a Modern Belka Sentokijin? Did I just hear MAKOTO Kusanagi?! Or let me guess... SOMEBODY at 7Arcs after reading this thread all StrikerS decided to let us have a clear signal for once, and made the Nighty Jail+Tre offspring become reality.

Yeap, definitely fanficcy... And yes MOAR characters. Let's play with them! :3

*goes to work on Hotuko*

And back to the current issue...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Maybe it didn't actually crash, but appeared to...emergency landing?
Old 2008-01-23, 05:48   Link #18824
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
In fact, the Cradle rose from underneath a sizeable layer of earth, upon which had grown a respectable forest.

300 years is a long time, but not, I think, that long. At least, not without some outside intervention.

Which also brings up the question of why it got abandoned in the first place. No more power source or something?
Old 2008-01-23, 06:05   Link #18825
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

Quote:
Maybe it was a sea, but due the crash it vaporised all the water
Old 2008-01-23, 06:09   Link #18826
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Actually, the bit about the 300 years says that because of the evidence of Vivio's genetic parentage, it appears that Ancient Belka still existed at least 300 years ago. People on Midchilda must have really short memories...

Hmm, first post in here I think...
Either that, or a systemic wipe from collective memory as they hated the Belka for the war. I used this as a basis for the Belka marginalization concepts as well as portaryals of racism in my works. Or so I think.
Old 2008-01-23, 06:38   Link #18827
Liingo
Love Hina?

Quote:
SO.... How's things without me?
Perfectly fine thankyou. Been good for my internets
Quote:
"A Preview without a Name"

Spoiler:
Interesting stuff. Can't say anything about the story/plot since it was excellent. There was one point at which using the past tense would have sounded better(I'm sure there's a few more, just that I can't be bothered reading it through thoroughly... )

I can say one thing though... If that was Graham at the end I am going to ask you politely to reconsider his rank of admiral...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I'm going to be tweaking her age somewhere in the 40ish soon (long live the law of conservation of beauty), but in 66 she should be an admiral already.
You shouldn't have. Thanks anyway, but she didn't have to be so old...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Spoiler for crack:

Well I guess it works in a weird round about way..........

Tweaking the story line to have Carim be the major sponsor behind RF6 would be one way to have Hayate indebeted to her while not deviating too far from canon as Carim is already one of the major backers along with Chrono and a few others that I can't remember from ep 11 or so of Strikers..

Although I am literally a hands width away from yelling out DOES NOT COMPUTE

By all means continue...... Just as long as it doesn't get too weird..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
After many fierce battles against Laziness and Procrastination, as well as beating my head to get the scenes right, I am glad to FINALLY present to you,

A Day at the Amusement Park, a GenerationS side story
Spoiler for A Day at the Amusement Park:
1) Since when does Nanoha call Yuuno Ferret?
2)
Quote:
when she scolded me and wanted to it for herself to help…’
wanted to it???? Errr, I'm not even sure what it's supposed to be but it sounds wrong..

The two things that jumped out at me as I read through it. Other than that, a nice feeling XD.

Good job
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Also... WHAT THE FUCK, OVER?!

Kagerou makes Nanoha angsty and emo, and plans to bring her out of it, and the complaints pile on.

YOU GUYS ARE GOING TO FUCK OVER HAYATE AND GET NO COMMENTS?! WHERE ARE THE FUCKING HAXBUSTERs?! WHAT THE FUCK IS THE DOUBLE STANDARD?! ARK I'M LOOKING AT YOU!

*angry*

It's not the plan I'm angry at. It's the double standards. This is something that's going to permanantly fuck over Hayate and people are gleeful about it. Kagerou was going to have just a temporary mindfuck and both of us get jumped on.

*sighs* Ah, well. That's life.
Well if TK doesn't react the same way to the crack as to Kagerou's suggestion then by all means rant away.

I don't think I actually commented on that plan, but you have to admit that at the beginning the flak that it got was due to a lack of detail in the suggestion (how she would be getting to such a point that genki nanoha becomes emo nanoha..) Once you had laid out the framework as to how it actually happened I didn't really have a major problem with it.

Plus as you've no doubt noticed Ark's only a guest to the thread, only commenting on things that catch his eye among the things that fly around in here. If you really want him to comment on it, you'll have a better chance by pm so he actually knows it's there.. For all that we know, he never saw the thing.

All I can say to you and Kagerou is to not give a damm about us/the thread and just write it. Who knows, the naysayers might actually like the thing.
Old 2008-01-23, 06:38   Link #18828
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Either that, or a systemic wipe from collective memory as they hated the Belka for the war. I used this as a basis for the Belka marginalization concepts as well as portaryals of racism in my works. Or so I think.
I would ask how anything less than 300 years can be considered ancient. For me, ancient = at least 1000 years.

Unless they are refering to how long the civilisation has been around, hmmm.

Signature by liro
Old 2008-01-23, 06:56   Link #18829
SpaceBrotha
Wild card

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
In fact, the Cradle rose from underneath a sizeable layer of earth, upon which had grown a respectable forest.

300 years is a long time, but not, I think, that long. At least, not without some outside intervention.

Which also brings up the question of why it got abandoned in the first place. No more power source or something?
The king probably died, and the refugees buried the cradle because they couldn't use it any further (i can picture the king staying behind on belka, ordering the ship to carry refugees to safety)...
...Or the king ordered the cradle to be buried since it was an instrument of war, also a lost logia... And i think the belkans were quite fed up with both war and lost logias

Quote:
No one said that the war that destroyed belka didn't affect anyone else, perhaps other civilizations were also severely affected by the war (innocent bystanders, collateral damage), hence only little information would be left of ancient belka...
Sayings and quotes hold wisdom in them. Either the wisdom is found in the correctness of the quote, or in the lesson learned from the error.
Hard part is figuring out who's making the errors...
Old 2008-01-23, 07:23   Link #18830
Tormenk

Quote:
After many fierce battles against Laziness and Procrastination, as well as beating my head to get the scenes right, I am glad to FINALLY present to you,

I knew you were the right person for the job. Great moments throughout and reflections from Yuuno about his past with Nanoha. The reminder that even as a great mage, Nanoha's still a young woman with a future in front of her. Vivio and Yuuno does share the spotlight equally here and it's just well done.

Quote:

Well...here's a little piece of crack involving Lyrical Mages. Please, please, don't kill me, anyone. This is just for fun.

Spoiler for Lyrical! Magical! Crack-ical!:

Will be continued when I get back.

But I think you know Zengar's song.
Hotbloodness and crack mixed together for a great recipe.

Quote:
I'm sure she meant some other forms of entertainment...

Hey, won't it be funny if second two reveals that she's not really his blood sister ? That would be SOOOOO "Days of our lives" ...

...Not that I watch it or anything.
I'll leave the spoilers at the CG thread.

Quote:
And it'll only be after awhile LONGER would I start to advertise on FF thread.
Hurry lest you get taken away by the men in green.

Jokes aside I'm waiting for the sem break to get started on things as well. Unless you intended for earlier times.

Quote:
Denied.
Aw. Lone Wolf?

I'm thinking Mocking Bird strangely. Doesn't have any connection to Graham's favor with ill-luck and tragedy though.

Quote:
You mean Lelouch isn't going to do her?
*shrugs* I figure he's too much of a sis-con. Though it's been said the romance was pushed to R2 to establish the story in season 1.

Quote:

You're kidding me right?!?!?!?!

Hayate's world just became much, much darker, when two of her closest friends turn out to be using her?
The foreshadowing about the Saint Church had been promising but in any case, yes I have been all along.

Quote:
That was a screenshot I lifted from one of the A's episodes (6 or 7 IIRC), when first appears and talks to Nanoha and Fate, and how similar his situation was with Nanoha's.
Hmm. Barring future events, the possibility of Nanoha walking down Graham's path has been cut off with StrikerS. Interesting nonetheless.

Quote:
Yep, Jail is really popular with these kinds of people isn't he? At the least, I'm not getting villainous vibes out of them just yet
He is the only surviving antagonist from 3 seasons of befriending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
I recall Lowe posted the flashback of him back in the days which made him look somewhere between 10 to 15 at best, even with Chrono's growth deficiency, since I recall he looked like a younger 14 year old Chrono.
So wouldn't that make him 70+ by StrikerS? 26 would be accurate if it was 30 years before A's in stead of StS.

Quote:
I keep thinking of Ryouji Kaji...
All-rounded pimp.

Quote:

I swear if this thing is real it had BETTER have Vivio...
And more HAYATE!!!!!
Even if not real, the possibilities of who reappearing in the possible S4 among the current cast up to StS is rather murky. Anything goes but Nanoha and Fate are prominent figures at least, for obvious reasons.

Quote:
Wha...what is this?
Crack gone bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBrotha View Post
The point would be to make every single one of those true, instead of being a figment of her imagination as in higurashi...
...because her going on a rampage to kill her friends in delusional rage, although epic, would be a really short story.

Edit: Though, her going on a rampage to kill those who betrayed her in manic rage, although even more epic, would still be rather short...
I would send this to the refinery..

..if not for all the cannons and artillery aiming for my head for starting this fire.

Quote:
Wanna up the ente?

Play games with her. Make it so that HALF of those things are true, while the other half are made up.

In the end, she won't know what is true anymore.
Absorbed for other future purposes.

Quote:

As for earlier, looks like I shouldn't be wanting an Usoda so much...
Well not to worry. Getting carried away will happen from time to time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
What's this, crack flying around that's going to screw over Hayate even more?

Feh, I'd rather continue reviewing for my exams. Fix it for me, ne, everyone? I'd love to give my loud reactions, but I'm completely not in the mood. I'm not in the best of moods right now due to annoyingly difficult 1st exams during this semester. Also taking into account my 0% progress in GenerationS which is also disheartening.

My comments? The idea is unique though quite morbid. And like Kha, I agree that nobody here would like that to happen. Wait till Tk sees this, it'll be grinded to pieces.

Oh, and of course, I don't like the idea one bit, naturally.

Now with that out of the way...

BTW, Evenagelion, that fic was BLOODY EXCELLENT!!! It certainly did a lot to improve my mood. Thanks a lot, buddy.

LOL, mood swing!

Ja ne.
Seeing this was due to the crack I had thrown in here, I do like to apologize for the unnecessary worry. Sorry Aaron.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
Here's what is Nanohawiki has to say about Ancient Belka:

古代ベルカ †
古代ベルカ式魔法発祥の地であり、闇の書やヴォルケンリッターの故郷とも言える次元世界。
そこは、聖王と呼ばれる王が治めていたが、ロストロギアの暴走で滅びたとも言われる。また、少 数ながら難民 としてミッドに逃れた人もいるらしい。
聖王の遺伝子を持ったヴィヴィオが「遺伝子的に古代ベルカ時代、約300年前の人物が母親」と 言われていた 事から、少なくとも約300年前には古代ベルカは残っていた模様。

Basically, Ancient Belka was destroyed 300 yrs before StrikerS due to Lost Logia rampage (how, which and why isn't stated). Only a handful of survivors managed to escape to Mid after its destruction, perhaps (or rather most likely) via the Cradle. Nanohaverse's Elendil and folk, perhaps?
So the Belkans was destroyed by Lost Logias as predicted, though by usage or rampage still remains unknown. And that Belkans had their planet brings in more wonderings. Hopefully at least established histories remain intact.

Quote:
Actually, the bit about the 300 years says that because of the evidence of Vivio's genetic parentage, it appears that Ancient Belka still existed at least 300 years ago. People on Midchilda must have really short memories...

Hmm, first post in here I think...
Kha's got the idea fine but aside from short memories, wouldn't the tech available to them at least let them record something? It does smell of greater hands at work to keep the information secret, something like the brains or their predecessors might have done.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Old 2008-01-23, 07:34   Link #18831
SpaceBrotha
Wild card

Quote:

..if not for all the cannons and artillery aiming for my head for starting this fire.

Well i might have fanned the flames for this one, but it's your fic, go ahead and write it...
...who knows, it might turn out to be rather epic.
Sayings and quotes hold wisdom in them. Either the wisdom is found in the correctness of the quote, or in the lesson learned from the error.
Hard part is figuring out who's making the errors...
Old 2008-01-23, 08:02   Link #18832
Tormenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post

Well I guess it works in a weird round about way..........

Tweaking the story line to have Carim be the major sponsor behind RF6 would be one way to have Hayate indebeted to her while not deviating too far from canon as Carim is already one of the major backers along with Chrono and a few others that I can't remember from ep 11 or so of Strikers..

Although I am literally a hands width away from yelling out DOES NOT COMPUTE
Quote:

Well i might have fanned the flames for this one, but it's your fic, go ahead and write it...
...who knows, it might turn out to be rather epic.
It was intended as one-shot crack and shot down pretty quickly after so to say there's a continuation at all, which I shall make it clear there will be none, is a pretty moot point.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Last edited by Tormenk; 2008-01-23 at 08:19.
Old 2008-01-23, 08:55   Link #18833
Liingo
Love Hina?

Quote:
It was intended as one-shot crack and shot down pretty quickly after so to say there's a continuation at all, which I shall make it clear there will be none, is a pretty moot point.
Hahaha, well it's your choice after all.

Nothing new for the OC thread, but I whipped up the start to a new fic idea that struck me today with just CC's. It's in the FF thread if anyone's interested, not much point posting it here since it's not really relevant.

Oh and Aaron, you might want to stay away from this one.... the idea that I had isn't the most pleasant for Hayate..
Old 2008-01-23, 09:44   Link #18834
Aaron008R

Will post normally tomorrow.

@Tormenk: LOL don't apologize. I should be the one to for scoffing like that. Sorry.

@Liingo: Read it and is interested.

Will be back...

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2008-01-23, 09:49   Link #18835
Reiji Tabibito
The OTHER Time Lord

Quote:
And your point is...?
It's ULTRA CREEPY!!

I mean, come on, the only thing creepier than that would be Chaos...

Quote:
Yup, doesn't lessen the humor, though. Especially since Mamet really becomes their 'daughter.'
Reminds me of a story my fiancee told me a while back - she was babysitting some little girl, and they went to a park, and a bunch of old ladies gave her dirty looks...because both she and the girl had blue eyes.

Quote:
Oh hush, its not even official, and the so-called news is way to fanficy to be official.
I STILL don't like it...my DOOM SENSE is going off all over the place.

And JUST because something is fanficcy DOESN'T mean it'll stay out of the world...Tokyo Mew Mew a la Mode anyone?

Quote:
Kha's harem family:

CC
Fate
Cinque
Sein
Otto
Nove
Dieci
Wendi
Deed
Teana
Hayate
Carim
Nanoha

OC
Sakura AKA Saber Vivio
Sak-chan
Tohkiha Ringo AKA Sophia Alexei
Chao Lingshen AKA Wang Liu Mei
Caren H. Garcia
Kia
Keroko (depends on timeline)
Mai Enna
CC
Minerva
Chachamaru
Chachazero
Trieze (I think she's one of the Cinque-gen )
Unrevealed Numbers 14-20 (apparently there was no blast to kill these unactivated Cinque-gen in canon)

That's 33 ladies folks... Negi...

"There, I come for you!"

*runs really fast from panda snipers*

Quote:

Spoiler for AGAIN!:

Quote:
[Reiji]BUT IT'S JUST WRONG! WHY CAN'T YOU PEOPLE SEE THAT?!?!
[/Reiji]
THANK you!

Quote:
I'm sure she meant some other forms of entertainment...
Like WHAT? JUGGLING?

Quote:
Hey, won't it be funny if second two reveals that she's not really his blood sister ? That would be SOOOOO "Days of our lives" ...

...Not that I watch it or anything.
You lost whatever masculinity you had with me when you invoked...THAT NAME...

Quote:
Well, I didn't completely mean what I said
Of course not! Because only a total moron would stand by what they said!

Quote:
You mean Lelouch isn't going to do her?
"Ara? He is not doing CC? What's wrong with you? You have to perform better!"

Quote:
[Akari] SUTEKI [/Akari]
[Aika]Wonderful isn't allowed during practice!![/Aika]

Quote:
Spoiler for Finishing Move! Flawless Victory! Super Lyrical Taisen!:

Oh God...here come the CHESTOs again...

Spoiler for ONE MORE TIME!:
Old 2008-01-23, 10:32   Link #18836
Erio
Hiromi

Quote:
EDIT: Just as we were getting comfortable with the crack fort each of us may be building, from DestinyS to Rebuilt, Tsuzuki may really have decided to strike Forth.

"Every body now. On 2. 1, 2..."

"H0LY 5HYT"

Looks like its time to organize another round of hop-skotch. I'd say Tsuzuki'd do something similar to whatever I had planned for the MageWarrior series and screw it up like StrikerS.

BUT let's see if der Kleriker continues to prove why "I Am Legend" in surviving the next onslaught.

Otherwise, that MTV of Jay Chou's "Wo Bu Pei" is gonna come in handy for "The Breakup of Tessalgar Square"...
Fishy as it may be, sounds like fun to me. I hope its true, just to see how it turns out.

And given selkirk's translation, apparently our "Extended Relic Weapons" will be officially succeeded... ...without the Relics, of course.

Quote:

Nice, very nice...even though it was hard to stand thinking about Vivio...

But since the piece was good, I was able to.
Old 2008-01-23, 10:47   Link #18837
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Since its your timeline, you have full access to all my characters, from Allison to Zwei Linda. Even kill them off if you need/want to.

Yes even Kha. At least we'll know which timeline Kluize der Archer could've been summonned from

I'm afraid I'll actually have to give Kha & co. supporting/cameo/minor roles in this... simply because I'm not familliar with them

I will say this though: Kha's appearence in DT will be brief. But the effects are not insignificant....

....let's just say that it kills all NxF and leave it at that.

Quote:
Whoa, whoa, whoa...

I was just commenting how this would've fit right into a discontinued timeline, so no worries man, we're just toying with the idea. No one's gonna let this happen to Hayate, I'm sure of it. I certainly can't reconcile the woman who watched over Kha and Caren when they grew up after losing their parents, and the man that taught Kha how to be a good tracker and a even better skirt-caretaker, with that dark image first proposed by Tormenk. It would bend the timelines too much to it's completely OOC.

But you got to admit the possibility exists... That's what we're playing with.

I assure you, as I played out this crack plotline for the Nanoha Must Die timeline, I intended for Kha to be paired with Hayate or Lutecia in that timeline, so at the very least 1 person won't betray her. I'm sure she has the touch that turned Kha from a killing machine into the Cleric everyone knows as she always had in all the other timelines. That touch would be lost if she herself gives into the betrayals, for it were the Aces who taught him that Hope can light up even the darkest days. I would've properly time it such that Kha'd come for Hayate when she needed him to, whatever the case.

As for earlier, looks like I shouldn't be wanting an Usoda so much...
To be honest, I don't like betrayals or bad things happening to cute girls. And really, what I was highly annoyed about was, as I said, the ruckus over emo Nanoha while there was such enthusiastic glee over fucking over Hayatechan permanantly. (Because of all the aces, she's the best for cuddling. Except maybe loli Nanoha.)

Anyway, let's just agree to drop the matter.

(From the writer standpoint, I understand COMPLETELY the possibilities. Just saying that for the record.)

Regards the Cradle, my take on it:

Al-Hazard spanned all over the place. Belkans found the Cradle, rebuilt it, refitted the OS to speak Belkan, and used it in a first strike on Mid. (Presumably.) However, things went wrong and the Cradle made a controlled crash landing (lol oxymoron) and was then hidden by the Belkans in preparation for incase shit hit the fan an eventually was forgotten.

Senario 2: fleeing from some sorta fuckup, te Cradle deposits Belkan refugees in what later becomes the Belkan SAR. Once done, the command crew crash land the Cradle into a promising location, and then hide it with eath and stuff; the idea is that should the refugees be opressed the Cradle will rise. Belkans are not opressed by Mids, the cradle is left alone and forgotten.

I believe in miracles.

Last edited by Wild Goose; 2008-01-23 at 11:06.
Old 2008-01-23, 11:00   Link #18838
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
I would ask how anything less than 300 years can be considered ancient. For me, ancient = at least 1000 years.

Unless they are refering to how long the civilisation has been around, hmmm.
I thought it refered to the latter point. I've always envisioned the Ancient Belka to have existed much longer than the Midchilda, who were, I assumed, a recent melting pot of different races. Kinda like what America is now.

Makes sense after taking into account New Belka being part of Midchilda society, and then with the now vanished Old English Brittanica race made by USB, plus the various protocultures of European-descent X and I have been throwing around.

Quote:
The king probably died, and the refugees buried the cradle because they couldn't use it any further.

(i can picture the king staying behind on belka, ordering the ship to carry refugees to safety)...
[C2F]DING! We have a winner![/C2F]

This was exactly what I thought of Vivio's last stand during the "Planet Belk" days. Returning to a piece of the drawing board on Seven Swords, plus making a few adjustments for new data:

"Lost logia rampage" could be stemming from a crucial event where a Lost Logia was activated. I'm sure the cocoon of a Necron Star God, according to Lowe's brilliant work in that area, looks like a mighty weapon of war, something the vanquished Alhazredians called the "Eye of God". Activating that brought the Wanderer (an OC-created Star God for CrosyS) into the Nanohaverse for the first time. Only then did the AB realize that the Pariah gene, and the many Monoliths scattered throughout Megiddo, were all part of a long-coming plan by the Wanderer and his kind.

The Belka fought back, using whatever arsenal they had, even invoking Hammerdown Policy of nuking whole planets to pieces just to stop the Necronic advance. That alone when done in enough excess, especially if the Pariahs played up the Ancient Belka's tendencies to go overboard in purification, would be enough to swear everyone off conventionals.

And so the war drags out... And Seven Swords progresses...

In the end, the Belka won, at great cost. Having lured Wanderer to Capitalis Belka, Vivio and the last of the truely badass cleric-knights stood against the crush of the Pariah and their Necron allies as the Imperial Guard evacuated any civilian stragglers into the Cradle. The potent trap was laid at their feet, with themselves as bait.

The Cradle was to do Vivio's last command, to make a blind warp towards a refuge planet, then teleport its precious cargo to safety. She chose Midchilda, the home planet of the Lord she could not have, the world her family had fought for generations, and yet was the world she died fighting for.

While we shall leave the details of that last stand to another time, what happened on Midchilda was:

Cradle made the warp jump successfully, but ended up several strata underground, with the brunt of its armor and shields taking the sudden impact of teleporting into bedrock. It then performed its second command with the last of its mana reserves, and teleported all refugees packed into the transport chamber onto the desert surface. After that, self-protection systems, including signal camoflage, kicked in and the Cradle sealed itself into history.

As such, not only does no one know where the Cradle is exactly, the Cradle thus ended up several soil strata below ground!

A perfectly elegant answer, if I do say so myself. The only problem then arises from whether Capitalis Belka was on another planet in the first place.

Quote:
...Or the king ordered the cradle to be buried since it was an instrument of war, also a lost logia... And i think the belkans were quite fed up with both war and lost logias
Possible.

Quote:
No one said that the war that destroyed belka didn't affect anyone else, perhaps other civilizations were also severely affected by the war (innocent bystanders, collateral damage), hence only little information would be left of ancient belka...

Quote:

It's a perfectly alternative take on the events, and yeah there IS some backing for this crack, like Lingo mentioned, albeit the Wolkies and Kha didn't really have that convincing impact since we know so much about them already. I'd say Tk should grind us for trying to do that to the Cloudritters.

Quote:
So the Belkans was destroyed by Lost Logias as predicted, though by usage or rampage still remains unknown. And that Belkans had their planet brings in more wonderings. Hopefully at least established histories remain intact.
Mine is still ok, I think.

Quote:
Kha's got the idea fine but aside from short memories, wouldn't the tech available to them at least let them record something? It does smell of greater hands at work to keep the information secret, something like the brains or their predecessors might have done.
See above for why that could not have been so. I'm sure refugees don't have assets with them.

As for other evacuees, those who had Ancient Belka skills either died out over the years, or were erased from the face of the world having been picked up by Celestial Being.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
Fishy as it may be, sounds like fun to me. I hope its true, just to see how it turns out.

And given selkirk's translation, apparently our "Extended Relic Weapons" will be officially succeeded... ...without the Relics, of course.
Wut? I need them to have Relics on top of drugs! A very crucial point to stop Nanoha from just bwahahaBREAKHAAA-ing Vivio comes from it!

Let's just quote from Tales of the Past here:

"Destroying such a magical artefact will release a lot of arcane energy at once."
~Jaina Proudmoore

Let's just say Kha found that out the hard way while fighting Clotho... So if it were Vivio...
Old 2008-01-23, 11:39   Link #18839
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Question, since I know no German:

Would it be a safe assumption that there have been no significant linguistic shifts in the Belka language from the time of Ancient Belka to present day? I'm basing this on the "Belka" German spoken by the automated systems on the Cradle.
Old 2008-01-23, 12:23   Link #18840
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Nice, nice! I quite like it, and it's lol how Yuuno's declaration is interrupted by Vivio.
Don't kids seem to have the BEST timing?

Quote:
Well...here's a little piece of crack involving Lyrical Mages. Please, please, don't kill me, anyone. This is just for fun.

ZOMG! T3H crack! T3H Hot blooded-ness!!

Quote:
Aw, that's so sweet... Vivio's really has that effect on ppl, as I quote.

The classic silent sentinel... It's like a more mature and open "Syaoran" type. It's rather refreshing to read. Throw it into the FF thread as well, let them enjoy it too!
Hmm...now that you mention it, it does sound like a TRC Syaoran type .

Quote:
Only one word to describe this piece:

[Akari] SUTEKI [/Akari]

Yuuno, you'll get your chance someday!!!!
One day...
I just didn't want to put in any definite pairings since it IS Aaron's story. It's just a little WAFF on the side

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
Oh, my. This is so sweet I immediately suffered from cuteness diabetes. indeed, it was a story worth telling.

Don't worry, Yuuno! You can do it!
Hmmm...maybe I should have put more points into the cuteness factor...

Quote:
In a big rush, so can't reply much, but thanks to all supporters!

Now, finishing move!

Spoiler for Finishing Move! Flawless Victory! Super Lyrical Taisen!:

Oh man, I can't help but think of that scene in Reeath when they tried to beat the Eleven-teenth Angel

Gendo: Why is everyone looking at...me? YYEESSS~! Pika-CHU. Our only hope is to take it down with the power...of song.

Quote:
Also, there's a fundamental difference between Tormenk's concept and Kagerou's: Tormenk's was a one-shot crack, and we're just toying around with the idea, whereas Kagerou's is a serious attempt at bringing angst as part of Nanoha's character.

I'll leave you to duke it out later, just my two cents
I tried writing angst before where Nanoha died...but it ended up being heart-warming and WAFFy in the end...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post

BTW, Evenagelion, that fic was BLOODY EXCELLENT!!! It certainly did a lot to improve my mood. Thanks a lot, buddy.
Glad to be of service . Let me know what you want to do with the little WAFF fic . Don't really have any plans to post it on FF.net really. Though you probably should add a link to it in your profile in the Fanfic Thread.

Quote:
I knew you were the right person for the job. Great moments throughout and reflections from Yuuno about his past with Nanoha. The reminder that even as a great mage, Nanoha's still a young woman with a future in front of her. Vivio and Yuuno does share the spotlight equally here and it's just well done.
Well, I didn't want to leave those two out of it . Plus Vivio's just too CUTE not to write some scenes with her

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
Nice, very nice...even though it was hard to stand thinking about Vivio...

But since the piece was good, I was able to.
Guess my writing's decent then, huh?
Closed Thread