AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2018-11-02, 07:02   Link #21
Hakai

Oh wow, when was the last time Luffy got humiliated like this.

He still isn't ready for the emperor title after all.

How Oda is going to handle this I don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURI123456 View Post
When does he say this?
http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/User_...Oda%27s_health
Old 2018-11-02, 08:08   Link #22
TURI123456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakai View Post
Oh wow, when was the last time Luffy got humiliated like this.

He still isn't ready for the emperor title after all.

How Oda is going to handle this I don't know.

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/User_...Oda%27s_health
Thank you.

Like this never happens. even the fight vs the admirals was not like this battle.
TURI123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-02, 09:00   Link #23
Tommy
Mr. Prince

I definitely want to see Big Mom vs Kaido now. I still see an encounter between them as plausible. She enters Kaido’s territory while searching for luffy and runs into Kaido.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-02, 10:54   Link #24
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
I definitely want to see Big Mom vs Kaido now. I still see an encounter between them as plausible. She enters Kaido’s territory while searching for luffy and runs into Kaido.
I can see this happening, as well. In fact, for a long time I've advocated that Law's plan was to make Big Mom and Kaidou go to war with each other, thus weakening each other's forces. After all, despite Luffy taking down two of her strongest sons, her clan is very much no worse for the wear in terms of being combat-capable....

Personally though, I still like the idea of Luffy teaming up with the other supernovas in order to topple Kaidou. Also, in the previous thread, the topic of Moria returning was brought up..... I'd certainly say a zombie army would be a force to be reckoned with, yes? And if Moria's back, that could also mean the return of Nightmare Luffy (which his Gear 4 mode resembles, coincidentally enough).....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-02, 12:24   Link #25
Wandering Soul

Yeah, I have no idea how Luffy is supposed to close the gap between him and Kaidou by the festival. Luffy not only needs allies fighting alongside him, but I predict that they will have to find some way to weaken Kaidou before any fight.
Old 2018-11-02, 12:29   Link #26
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
Tama died

and Luffy got OHKO
we're truly moving too fast right now...
no way... oda is not that cruel to kill off tama...
Old 2018-11-02, 13:33   Link #27
The Small One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
Didn't those two form an alliance against Luffy a few chapters ago?
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-02, 15:23   Link #28
Casshern

As if Luffy can be beaten in just one attack... He'll stand up next chapter and be ready to fight another round.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-02, 15:37   Link #29
marvelB

^ I dunno.... he looks pretty out cold to me (completely white eyes and all). There's zero doubt that a rematch will happen, though (I just don't expect it to happen next chapter).

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Didn't those two form an alliance against Luffy a few chapters ago?
We didn't actually see Kaidou agree to her proposal, though. Heck, he even outright threatened to kill Linlin if she stepped foot in Wano before she brought up the alliance. So we can't really say that there won't be any hostilities between the two if she decides to hunt down Luffy herself....
Old 2018-11-02, 18:24   Link #30
Theia_Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Yeah, I have no idea how Luffy is supposed to close the gap between him and Kaidou by the festival. Luffy not only needs allies fighting alongside him, but I predict that they will have to find some way to weaken Kaidou before any fight.
He might not have to worry about fighting Kaidou directly, though, unless he has to.
Doesn't Gecko Moria's Kage Kage (Shadow Shadow) powers allow him to rob someone of their shadow and essentially leave them out in the sunlight to be burned to death? Assuming he's confirmed to be in Wano and they come to some kind of agreement to work together, Moria and Luffy will be able to accomplish their goals in tandem with one another; Moria gets his revenge on Kaidou, and Luffy is able to liberate Wano from Kaidou's grip permanently for the sake of the Kozuki retainers and get some closure for Momonosuke's family.

This might be the only other way for them to succeed in defeating Kaidou... eventually, seeing as it's unlikely the King of Beasts Viceroy of the Beasts Pirates himself will just stay out cold forever, let alone willingly stay put in direct sunlight.
Theia_Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-02, 18:51   Link #31
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Great chapter. Love the one-shot. This is the power difference between the strongest man alive and somebody who's maybe 70% admiral level, if that. Kaido just didn't care about any of Luffy's attacks and destroys him with what looks like a semi-casual move. Love that stuff. He'll likely be captured next chapter. Or maybe Kaidou is going to go in for the kill, and Law will have to pull some stuff, we'll see.
Old 2018-11-02, 19:44   Link #32
alex_drian

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
^ I dunno.... he looks pretty out cold to me (completely white eyes and all). There's zero doubt that a rematch will happen, though (I just don't expect it to happen next chapter).
Like in 3 years or so, I see you

Btw, damn, is the year of JOB, Souma job to Asahi and now Luffy job to Kaido, someone else has jobbed recently in JUMP?
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-02, 20:01   Link #33
bonsobon

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Personally though, I still like the idea of Luffy teaming up with the other supernovas in order to topple Kaidou.
I don't know that teaming up is going to make any real difference. Did you forget that Kidd, Hawkins and Apoo tried that exact same thing, and the results of said attempt? Surely you're not suggesting those three are so much weaker than Luffy and Law, and that's why they failed. I think this chapter showed the difference in strength between emperors and supernovas and that closing the gap in two weeks, even with allies is going to be extremely difficult, if not outright impossible.

As an aside I don't think Moria is going to show up this arc. He had his time in the spotlight and I think he's basically become irrelevant at this stage in the story, but who knows.
bonsobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-02, 20:13   Link #34
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

I long for Moriah to get back and oh, maybe this time Perona is actually the ace unit to defeat Kaido. Her negative hollow may can affect Kaido. Hopefully Moriah can joins in to increase the odds and of course, Straw Hats need as many capable users as they get to defeat Kaido.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-03, 04:46   Link #35
Hakai

Spoiler for one club man:
Old 2018-11-03, 07:08   Link #36
Valky
Radioactive

I can't say I'm surprised Luffy got trashed badly. Law already understand the risk, while Luffy .. not really good at understanding things in the first place. Luffy's power up in the timeskip is still half assed after all.

Either way, kinda hoping for the mugiwaras to starts actually go for the kill now, after all that happened. However unlikely that is.
Old 2018-11-03, 07:59   Link #37
Theia_Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valky View Post
kinda hoping for the mugiwaras to starts actually go for the kill now, after all that happened. However unlikely that is.
Luffy didn't have any issues with assisting Bege in his plan to assassinate Big Mom, even though it went belly up.

Though to be fair to Luffy by this point, he has just witnessed Kaidou blow up the castle where, as far as he knew, half of his crew and all of their allies were hiding out, and just found out Kaidou had attacked Speed and Tama on the way there. By then, he's pissed at himself for not going with the girl to make sure she was safe, and at Kaidou for all of this, so he did what he decided must be done; give as much heavy hitting harm to Kaidou as he possibly can. It also doesn't help that Wano's current state sets off far too many unpleasant parallel reminders of the Grey Terminal and High Town in the Goa Kingdom.
Theia_Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-03, 12:36   Link #38
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Even by the end of this arc, I don't see Luffy being >= Kaido. The gap is simply too big. As has been speculated by the community here, Kaido will most likely fall due to a collaborative effort of some sort.

Luffy has a long ways to go before legitimately reaching yonkou level.
Old 2018-11-03, 14:01   Link #39
Tuor

Keep in mind that Luffy was fighting while enraged. That means he wasn't really using his perception haki as you need to be calm to use it properly. I think getting pounded by Kaido like this *may* help Luffy realize that he needs to try to keep his cool a little more before going up against top tier fighters.
Tuor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-03, 14:29   Link #40
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonsobon View Post
I don't know that teaming up is going to make any real difference. Did you forget that Kidd, Hawkins and Apoo tried that exact same thing, and the results of said attempt? Surely you're not suggesting those three are so much weaker than Luffy and Law, and that's why they failed.
The problem isn't that they were weak, it's that there weren't ENOUGH of them. I'm saying that taking Kaidou down wouldn't be impossible if a sufficient number of powerful forces strike him all at once. And I'm not just talking about the supernovas and Kinemon's samurai army here..... I mean every single force that could possibly be gathered. And on that note:

Quote:
I think this chapter showed the difference in strength between emperors and supernovas and that closing the gap in two weeks, even with allies is going to be extremely difficult, if not outright impossible.
Now, now.... while shounen manga indeed has the tendency to espouse the concept of quality>quantity, that doesn't mean there isn't strength in numbers. Plus, remember what Oda said about Wano a while back? About how its climax would make Marineford's Paramount War look "cute" in comparison? I think we can expect several faces, old and new, to join Luffy's side when he strikes back against Kaidou in a war that will undoubtedly shake the world at large.... with the supernovas (aka the "Worst Generation") at the forefront.

Quote:
As an aside I don't think Moria is going to show up this arc. He had his time in the spotlight and I think he's basically become irrelevant at this stage in the story, but who knows.
I mentioned this before, but it was through Moria's arc that we first learned of Kaidou, and indeed, the Wano country, in the first place. Plus, we actually know that Moria had a history with Kaidou, and wanted to get revenge on him. In what way would that make him "irrelevant"? Plus, he had two years to lie low and regain his strength since Doflamingo's assassination attempt. I honestly can't think of a better time and place for him to return to the story. Plus, related to what I said above, he'd make a great asset in the war against Kaidou....