Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-02, 21:14   Link #21
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
What?

Maybe Magellans just amongst the strongest people in the OP world, nearly on par with the admirals. It makes sense to have one of your strongest guarding your most secure prison right? Especially considering the fact that the rest of the Impel Down force isn't that strong.

Also, Ivankov shouldn't be that strong himself, considering the fact that he was only on Level 5 and not Level 6.
My point is that there are a lot of heavy hitters in One Piece, and if Ivankov was really one of Dragon's most powerful subordinates (note that I said IF), the rest are not going to matter against the elites in the One Piece world.

As for you correlating the floor levels with strength, Ivankov was able to take out plenty of cannon fodder on Level 6 with his "Death Wink" alone, and yet he was a Level 5 prisoner. What is the point of me telling you this? Prisoners are confined in levels in accordance with their bounties, not strength. The higher the bounty, the lower the level of imprisonment. Since we know that bounty does not accurately reflect strength, prisoners on lower levels may not necessarily be stronger than those on the higher levels.
Old 2009-06-02, 22:01   Link #22
SMASHERJACKSON

i too found it sucky that iva and inazuma were treated like cannon fodder, beaten so quickly and withoutt the fights even being shown, not cool.
Old 2009-06-02, 22:38   Link #23
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Prisoners are confined in levels in accordance with their bounties, not strength.
Bounties GENERALLY correspond to strength. Its not a 100% accurate measure, of course, but generally speaking, the higher your bounty the stronger you should be (which makes sense).

Quote:
Since we know that bounty does not accurately reflect strength, prisoners on lower levels may not necessarily be stronger than those on the higher levels.
Thus this statement is wrong.

Quote:
My point is that there are a lot of heavy hitters in One Piece, and if Ivankov was really one of Dragon's most powerful subordinates (note that I said IF), the rest are not going to matter against the elites in the One Piece world.
I'mt no sure if there are a lot of ppl on the level of Magellan, tbh.

The YOnkou definitely, Sengoku, the 3 admirals, perhaps the Yonkous' first mates, a few powerful VA, Mihawk, maybe another Shichibukai...how many is that? Only around 15 ish people. Thats not a lot. Would it really be surprising if Iva ranked below these ppl? Hell, even Dragon probably ranks below these people in terms of strength.
Old 2009-06-03, 00:13   Link #24
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Man, Magellan's just so badass. Say what you will about his toilet habits, but when he gets down to business, he's damn thorough about it (sure, it's about 110% likely that none of his current victims will die, but he still took them out nonetheless ). I mean, first Blackbeard's crew, then the revolutionaries..... and now I want to see how well he fares against Crocoboy, as I said in my last post. His poison is pretty liquidy, so it should be rather effective against sand. I'm not too sure how well Jinbei can do, since he's a more effective fighter underwater than on land. Heck, I wouldn't even mind Buggy joining in on the fun at this point. If he has anymore of those bombs on him he can just unload them all on Magellan (even though that would mean he blew up the whole level in the process, but it should still prove effective against the warden, right? )......
Nah man. Enough with the Buggy stuff. He failed you the 1st time when you proposed he had haki and stuff cause he was on Roger's crew. Buggy can't do crap.....let alone ANYTHING to Magellan.

But wow. Action filled chapter again. I'm hoping Oda doesn't just leave the other characters like that. So BB and crew just sitting there with poison? Same with iva?
Old 2009-06-03, 02:29   Link #25
Blaine

Quote:
Bounties GENERALLY correspond to strength. Its not a 100% accurate measure, of course, but generally speaking, the higher your bounty the stronger you should be (which makes sense).
No bounties are based on THREAT level not strength.
Old 2009-06-03, 02:50   Link #26
Z. Kensei
Kensei??

Magellans a beast, that's for sure. The guy takes out Black beard and his crew, then wreck Iva and the other person? He's got to be up there with some of the most powerful people in one piece.
Old 2009-06-03, 03:38   Link #27
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Nah man. Enough with the Buggy stuff. He failed you the 1st time when you proposed he had haki and stuff cause he was on Roger's crew. Buggy can't do crap.....let alone ANYTHING to Magellan.

But wow. Action filled chapter again. I'm hoping Oda doesn't just leave the other characters like that. So BB and crew just sitting there with poison? Same with iva?

Bah, you just can't comprehend Buggy's awesomeness.

Seriously though, you CAN'T underestimate the guy. Sure, he's no powerhouse, but he's still clever enough to get out of tight spots when necessary. I'm still impressed with the way him and Mr. 3 snuck all the way back to level 2 from level 5 the way they did. Those two make a really great team and could be a big help to Luffy during his rematch against Magellan (Candle Champion + Buggy bombs = ownage ).

And I still haven't ruled out the possibility of Buggy being a Haki user, yet. Just giving it some more time......
Old 2009-06-03, 04:29   Link #28
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Pics and translation posted at the usual place.

Mr.3 <3
Old 2009-06-03, 06:19   Link #29
syler321

where in the spoilers does it show that magellan took out blackbeard and his crew?

they show that he took out iva and the other guy but thats it...
and if he took out those 2 he is probably tierd so maybe now is the time for luffy crocodile jinbei and buggy and mr 3 to take him on all together...
Old 2009-06-03, 08:11   Link #30
kari-no-sugata

Hmm, Magellan vs The Terminator... which would you pick...?

PS LOL At Iwa "Ahh! My face is melting!" => "Oh, just my make-up"
(haven't seen him do something like that since his intro)
Old 2009-06-03, 08:24   Link #31
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

Luffy's running out of friends and places to hide...And Magellan looks like one of the the strongest creatures ever existed in OP universe in this chapter.Even if everyones running loose, there is still hope for Impel Down as long as Magellan's standing.The guy totally deserves his title.
Old 2009-06-03, 09:19   Link #32
junte86

Things about bounty is it does not show us the real strength. As shown for Kid he has the highest bounty because he attacked many cities and for Enel he can damage a whole village in a second which make them have a higher bounty, but man like Kuma who can be assumed at least on par with enel or stronger can not ravage the city like Logias which makes him have a lower bounty not showing his true strength(although its former bounty) Even buggy can have a bounty higher than 100 million if he keeps firing his buggy ball and muggy ball to any cities he comes across and than his bounty will skyrocket to the point of reaching Luffy or maybe higher than luffy.
Old 2009-06-03, 09:21   Link #33
junte86

Anyway for Magellan, the best match for him will be a long range fighter or Logias.
So in Luffy's group right now I think Croc has the best chance of defeating him with desert spada or Desert pesado. But I doubt Croc will directly fight with Magellan.
Old 2009-06-03, 09:57   Link #34
syler321

Quote:
Originally Posted by junte86 View Post
Anyway for Magellan, the best match for him will be a long range fighter or Logias.
why do you think so?
kizaru is logia,you think he can take down kizaru or ayokiji the other admiral with the ice power?

i think u meant that paramecia users will be more of an easy match for magellan,im pretty sure logia users like kizaru can take him out...
Old 2009-06-03, 12:24   Link #35
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
No they don't. By your logic, Blackbeard who has a bounty of 0 would lose to Chopper who has a bounty of 50. Hell, according to you, Bellamy who has a bounty of 55 million would be able to crush Blackbeard and Chopper, when we know that is simply not the case. Bounties do not equal power levels. This isn't Dragon Ball over here, where the higher the number the stronger you are.
Old 2009-06-03, 13:42   Link #36
Rainbowman

Here's my summary:

Main story- I can't believe how strong Magellan is becoming. He may have taken out Blackbeard, but Blackbeard is still going with his plans whatever they are. And I can't believe Ivankov had lost after he put up a good fight. Same with Inazuma. Also is there any evidence of Magellan going after Crocodile and Jinbei? I have a feeling Magellan may be facing against Shiryuu before Magellan could do anything against the remaining escapees.

Mini-story- First Sanji's still not having a good time even when he's under the influence of Kamabakka's nature < (wheezing laugh) and now we get to Robin who's planning to attack Tequilla Wolf. I wonder how she's gonna get out of those seastone chains?
Old 2009-06-03, 13:50   Link #37
ZeroForever

who said they were seastone? i'm leaning towards them being normal chains as the DF aren't that common so straight up sticking people in them would be unlikely.

decent chapter, Magellan is pretty bad ass but that was to be expected. Side thought is that Croc wouldn't fare much better againist him consider half his poisons are liquids which is croc's weakness.
Old 2009-06-03, 13:52   Link #38
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroForever View Post
Side thought is that Croc wouldn't fare much better againist him consider half his poisons are liquids which is croc's weakness.
You forget that Crocodile could always fight him at a distance, much like Junte86 described already.
Old 2009-06-03, 13:56   Link #39
james0246

^...can't Magellan just fight Crocodile at a distance as well?
Old 2009-06-03, 13:59   Link #40
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^...can't Magellan just fight Crocodile at a distance as well?
I knew someone was going to bring this up . If anything though, I'd say that from a distance Crocodile has a slight advantage since he could dematerialize and reappear anywhere he wants. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Crocodile could suck in Magellan's liquid poison with the palm of his hand, just like he did with the water Luffy shot at him.