AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-12-09, 20:04   Link #1561
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
For everyone's who's going to try being an unarmed BADASS, it seems like upgrading your gloves will not add extra damage, the perk uses base armour of the gloves.

So instead get the fortify unarmed enchantment on a ring and gloves.
Really? The perk just says armor level, not base armor level.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 22:35   Link #1562
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Really? The perk just says armor level, not base armor level.
Yea sadly from my research from wikis and gamefaqs and testing in game it only takes from base armour of the gloves.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 13:07   Link #1563
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Is anyone having problems with random but steady "crashes to desktop without a message or warning"? I can count on it happening at least once in any given few hours, usually on some event trigger (zoning, combat start, leveling, combat finish, etc).

Basically, the screen blinks and I'm back at desktop.... which is annoying if the auto-save or manual save has been a while back. Heading to the troubleshooting forums for clues...

I am running with the 4GB mod (8GB of RAM) and a collection of texture/mesh mods but it was doing this before I ever put any mods in.
Even with 34 mods installed, I've never seen Skyrim use more than 1.3 GBs of memory. Without mods installed, I can't recall ever seeing it go over 1 GB, though I have barely played the game without mods installed. Imo, Skyrim is not a taxing game, and no one has done the type of intensive texture overhaul needed (like the several GBs in size texture overhauls from Oblivion) to actually push the game into needing to use over 1.76 GB or whatever the natural cap is without Large Address Aware being enabled. I can't help but feel that those who claim it offers better performance aren't just suffering from a placebo effect.

Not that mods won't get to the point where it'll be nice to surpass the 32 bit client limitations, but I just don't see that happening with the current mods on SkyrimNexus.

I mean, I've been playing Skyrim at maxed settings for two hours now, and it's actually sitting at 983 MB of memory usage in Task Manager at the moment. :/
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 13:40   Link #1564
Aqua Knight

At what frame rate do you think is Skyrim playable without any visible lags?
Old 2011-12-10, 15:09   Link #1565
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Even with 34 mods installed, I've never seen Skyrim use more than 1.3 GBs of memory. Without mods installed, I can't recall ever seeing it go over 1 GB, though I have barely played the game without mods installed. Imo, Skyrim is not a taxing game, and no one has done the type of intensive texture overhaul needed (like the several GBs in size texture overhauls from Oblivion) to actually push the game into needing to use over 1.76 GB or whatever the natural cap is without Large Address Aware being enabled. I can't help but feel that those who claim it offers better performance aren't just suffering from a placebo effect.

Not that mods won't get to the point where it'll be nice to surpass the 32 bit client limitations, but I just don't see that happening with the current mods on SkyrimNexus.

I mean, I've been playing Skyrim at maxed settings for two hours now, and it's actually sitting at 983 MB of memory usage in Task Manager at the moment. :/
There may be memory leaks... but the CTD acts exactly like an unhandled exception or an attempt to branch outside the allowed memory space.
Old 2011-12-10, 15:14   Link #1566
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Knight View Post
At what frame rate do you think is Skyrim playable without any visible lags?
Well I'm no expert at such technical stuff, but I heard limiting fps to 30 gives no lag at all. The person had a constant 30 fps throughout the whole game.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 15:21   Link #1567
Darkbeat
'אין ייאוש בעולם כלל

I get the impression Bethesda made some NPCs unkillable just to troll us. Case in point: Rolff Stone-Fist, your stereotypical racist Nord who lives in the stereotypical racist Nord city Windhelm.

His dialogue to me (a Dunmer) is most confusing indeed. He will greet me with a "Good to see ya again friend!" followed by a farewell of "...Get out of my face."

I would buy the PC version just to have the console command to end his horrible, schizophrenic existence.
Darkbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 16:58   Link #1568
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkbeat View Post
I get the impression Bethesda made some NPCs unkillable just to troll us. Case in point: Rolff Stone-Fist, your stereotypical racist Nord who lives in the stereotypical racist Nord city Windhelm.

His dialogue to me (a Dunmer) is most confusing indeed. He will greet me with a "Good to see ya again friend!" followed by a farewell of "...Get out of my face."

I would buy the PC version just to have the console command to end his horrible, schizophrenic existence.
Nope, he's cheat proof I belive, ~ "kill" doesn't work on those NPCs
Old 2011-12-10, 17:36   Link #1569
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Not if you remove him from essential npc list using console commands.
Old 2011-12-10, 18:19   Link #1570
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

I got a question to ask, which faction is better from a moral point of view ? Stormcloacks or Legion ? When it comes to humans Stormcloaks seemed more moral to me but they are racist which kind of ticks me of, the legion also has its problems... so dunno...
Old 2011-12-10, 18:24   Link #1571
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by delorean2200 View Post
I got a question to ask, which faction is better from a moral point of view ? Stormcloacks or Legion ? When it comes to humans Stormcloaks seemed more moral to me but they are racist which kind of ticks me of, legion dunno...
The Legion.

Considering the times, an organization that is all-inclusive is far more moral than the exclusively racist Stormcloaks. That said, morality is in the eye of the beholder, right? It's not like it's real.

Anyways, the whole Legion vs Stormcloak thing is almost meaningless. How little this ends up affecting anything is kind of depressing, really.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 19:34   Link #1572
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
delorean2000: Both are morally grey at this point: the Empire brings stability at the cost at some freedoms (Talos worship, which I might add the Empire didn't enforce prior to Ulfric's rebellion), the Stormcloaks promises freedom from unreasonable demands. I like the Empire though, if only because Ulfric's rebellion seems to have been pushed by the Thalmor in order to further weaken the Empire. Damned Nazi Elves...
Old 2011-12-10, 20:10   Link #1573
lightbringer
M9000

Legion vs Stormcloak is one of those topics that starts heated threadnaughts. But just consider that the Stormcloaks are really quite racist (Dunmer ghetto, Argonians not allowed inside) and while Ulfric makes nice speeches, ultimately Ulfric only cares about Ulfric - he's in it for the power grab, not for independence or religious freedom. Siding with him is not much different from siding with Hitler. Morally, if you side with the Legion, Talos worship may remain outlawed for a while longer, but you have a better position from which to destroy the Dominion later on. The Nords are not the only ones worshipping Talos, you can be sure that the rest of the Empire wants out of that situation also. And noone in the Legion enjoys licking Thalmor boots, they are certainly not willing allies.

Mechanics wise, all that really changes is that a couple of Jarls will get replaced and some cities will have different city guards. They still offer the same quests as far as I saw. Also, if you resolve the rebellion before finishing the main story line, you will miss out on one of the best (or worst, depending on who you ask) story events in the game, the ceasefire conference.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 20:16   Link #1574
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

I found a giant's club - 206 dmg , 18 W , 1 V -
But can't take it , only companions can. Tryed it on Mjoll , she looks & is so badass with
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 20:22   Link #1575
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
Legion vs Stormcloak is one of those topics that starts heated threadnaughts. But just consider that the Stormcloaks are really quite racist (Dunmer ghetto, Argonians not allowed inside) and while Ulfric makes nice speeches, ultimately Ulfric only cares about Ulfric - he's in it for the power grab, not for independence or religious freedom. Siding with him is not much different from siding with Hitler. Morally, if you side with the Legion, Talos worship may remain outlawed for a while longer, but you have a better position from which to destroy the Dominion later on. The Nords are not the only ones worshipping Talos, you can be sure that the rest of the Empire wants out of that situation also. And noone in the Legion enjoys licking Thalmor boots, they are certainly not willing allies.

Mechanics wise, all that really changes is that a couple of Jarls will get replaced and some cities will have different city guards. They still offer the same quests as far as I saw. Also, if you resolve the rebellion before finishing the main story line, you will miss out on one of the best (or worst, depending on who you ask) story events in the game, the ceasefire conference.
Not to mention he cheated against the high king by using shouts.
Old 2011-12-10, 20:45   Link #1576
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
I got a question to ask, which faction is better from a moral point of view ? Stormcloacks or Legion ? When it comes to humans Stormcloaks seemed more moral to me but they are racist which kind of ticks me of, the legion also has its problems... so dunno...
Legion is morally better actually.

If you talk with random people they'll talk about how the Empire treats them well (the ork smiths come to mind).

With the stormcloaks, according to one of their generals if an Argonian dies, Ulfric brushes it off, if a Nord gets a paper cut, he'll send an entire army to avenge him. In any case the Dark elves living in Windwhelm are being oppressed.

Quote:
The Nords are not the only ones worshipping Talos, you can be sure that the rest of the Empire wants out of that situation also. And noone in the Legion enjoys licking Thalmor boots, they are certainly not willing allies.
Well the Empire is defintely gearing up for a fight as their generals talk about war with Thalmor a possiblity if you help kill Ulfric. In fact they say that an Imperial victory threatens the Dominion's position.

Also, if you read the journals in the embassy,

Spoiler:
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 23:25   Link #1577
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Yea sadly from my research from wikis and gamefaqs and testing in game it only takes from base armour of the gloves.
Blar. Oh well, it's not as if you lose anything by taking the perk. You need it to get the no-weight perk anyway, so my former-fistfighter-now-one-hand-shield orc is still slaughtering everything he comes across.

On that note, leveling smithing and enchanting once was tough. Twice was a pain. If I continue with my third character, I will go "fuck it" and console command the skills.

Quote:
The Stormcloacks are only popular among the Nords because the Nordic folk is pretty darn xenophobic. Even a lot of ordinary folk that just want to stay out of the war altogether often express a distrust, or at the very least a discomfort, of other races. Many of the noticeably different races you encounter (Kahjit, argonians, elves, orcs) regularly tell you how the Nords treat them like dirt. And let's not even get started on how they treat mages.

I found the moral compass to continuously swing in the Empire's favor. Yes, they chickened out on the Thalmor and nearly cut off your head, but they keep protecting Skyrim from the Dominion, try to treat all races as equally as possible and actually look beyond just the here and now.

The Stormcloaks really have little going for them beyond "We aren't allowed to worship Talos." Seriously, I have yet to hear a single convincing reason for the rebellion beyond that one. As Alvor put it:

"People are rightly stirred up about the damn Thalmor being allowed to roam around arresting people, just for worshipping Talos. But was it worth tearing Skyrim apart, maybe destroying the Empire? No. Ulfric will have a lot to answer for in the end."
Old 2011-12-10, 23:30   Link #1578
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

My dark elf lives to kill every single human in Windhelm even if it takes a console command to allow it Make their worst fears true and then kill all the witnesses
Old 2011-12-10, 23:32   Link #1579
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

No one's gonna post it... Really?

GOTY!
Old 2011-12-10, 23:43   Link #1580
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Already? But what about the christmas releases?

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim