AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-12-25, 13:16   Link #41
kamiya

I think this is getting lame. The fact that Shinn can go in SEED mode doesn't make Athrun and Kira special anymore. Expect Lunamaria, Talia, and Arthur to go in Seed in future episodes.
kamiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-25, 13:18   Link #42
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma2ha3
Ok one more thing.... is athrun going to self destruct saviour in this series??
Pulls out the ol' magic eight ball...
"All signs point to yes..."

Wow, they're gonna have to spend the next 38 episodes redeeming Cagalli...Destiny is turning into a real nightmare for Cagalli fans. Nice moments w/ Yzak, Dearka, and Athrun. The scenes with Andy, Murrue, Kira, and Lacus were all really good. But every scene with Cagalli is more depressing than the last. Starting to actually appreciate all the Kira sitting down scenes, afraid of what he might be written doing otherwise... Hope when he starts moving he's not written as badly as Cagalli, know they need to stretch this to last 50 eps but...

Also, big points for the new angle on the Tolle death scene!! New spiffy head-rolling action! Swear you can almost make out the poor lad's face through the helmet visor!

Spoiler:
Sanjuronord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-25, 13:19   Link #43
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamiya
I think this is getting lame. The fact that Shinn can go in SEED mode doesn't make Athrun and Kira special anymore. Expect Lunamaria, Talia, and Arthur to go in Seed in future episodes.
It's not that special anyway, since Cagalli can go SEED too, and Lacus can even go SEED during her speech I'm expecting Meer Campbell going SEED now
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-25, 13:21   Link #44
Breogan
Umeboshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyu
I don't think Kira would be as foolish to allow Shinn (despite his coolness in ep12) to screw up his own plans to protect Lacus, Cagalli, et al. He has his own SEED mode (and he has many more angsty events to put him into it - Fllay's death, Duel destroying that shuttle, determination to protect his comrades and loved ones) after all, and doesn't need to change packs to take out his beam saber to cut Impulse's legs off...
You forgot the power of "THE PHRASE" in this series. Shinn would just need to scream through the intercom "You killed my sister!!!111!!!" and Kira will be reduced to a total wimp like what happened with Athrun and the ZAFT terrorists in the fall of Junius-7 and many other times during the series.
Breogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-25, 13:48   Link #45
kamiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
It's not that special anyway, since Cagalli can go SEED too, and Lacus can even go SEED during her speech I'm expecting Meer Campbell going SEED now
Looks like in the near future, there will be naturals, coordinators, and seeders in the human race. Shall we expect another group of blue cosmos plotting against the Seeders?
kamiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-25, 13:48   Link #46
ShadowRift
Aku O Tatsu Tsurugi

A somewhat interesting note - from the episode titles, it seems like episodes 13-15 are about Kira fighting once more.

In Zeta Gundam, the exact same episodes deal with Amuro returning to the action...

Mere coincidence? Probably not.
ShadowRift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-25, 14:03   Link #47
Ranko
Mech Engineer

Send a message via ICQ to Ranko Send a message via AIM to Ranko
Most people don't know about people who carry the SEED
Blue Cosmos is a group that gather's it's power form the fears of other people.
you can't fear what you havn't heard of.
Ranko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-25, 14:55   Link #48
sum1_aka_me

oh...tyty, merry christmas btw^^
sum1_aka_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-25, 14:57   Link #49
sum1_aka_me

Quote:
haha lmfao, y dont u say every1 u saw b4 (including da civilians) go SEED? haha lmfao...
sum1_aka_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-25, 15:02   Link #50
flair627
asdf

Is there a huge site for Gundam just like there are huge sites for Naruto like narutofan.com or naruto-kun.com?
flair627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-25, 15:03   Link #51
LadyMadChan

Gundams.net
LadyMadChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-25, 15:06   Link #52
dreamless

well, after watching ep11, I'd say if there's one thing I especially like Destiny now, it's that it completely trashes Uzumi's so-called "ideals" in SEED. He think he has left seed of hope? more like seed of fear and panic it seems Now for Orb people, Uzumi ideals = burning down of the entire country Obviously now everyone fears the ideal of neutrality like plague, and think Uzumi as the model example of a wrong leader. I can only pity Cagalli now, I guess being in this kind of situation surely doesn't help her personality.

I love the scene where Athrun visits Miguel, Rusty and Nicol's graves, really an emotional scene, and I LOVE how Yzak invites Athrun back to PLANT. I'd say Athrun really needs to just dump Cagali and return to where he truly belongs to, by Yzak's side GREAT GREAT Yzak/Athrun scene

Oh, and for the first time I actually love the Shin barking at Cagalli scene, "so you become our enemy, then this time you shall be destroyed by ME, I WILL destroy this country myself!" Wow I guess there's more than enough reason for Shin and Kira to fight each other now. GO GO Shin!
Quote:
Looks like in the near future, there will be naturals, coordinators, and seeders in the human race. Shall we expect another group of blue cosmos plotting against the Seeders?
Well, since the SEED idea is basically a rip-off of newtypes (ie. mankind's next stage of evolution), so expect more and more SEEDers, just like more and more newtypes in UC Gundam series (at least until CCA).
Old 2004-12-25, 15:10   Link #53
Ranko
Mech Engineer

Send a message via ICQ to Ranko Send a message via AIM to Ranko
I enjoyed both episodes, i'm really waiting for yuuna to get his arse kicked by a annoied "older" brother (yea i know the two are really twins)
I do think it's a bit odd to see Athrun wearing purple, but it also reminds me that he's voice by the same guy who did Xellos in slayers.

Personaly i can't wait to see Freedom ownzo once more in episode 13, even if Shin's little fight was cool, Freedom is my favorite MS and it just has a nice weapon set.
Ranko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-25, 15:17   Link #54
Kona
Banned

Shinn doesnt deserve go to seed mode. He is annoying as hell....But the good part is he is gonna get pwned from the big daddy himself . Man i will have my popcorn and nachos ready for that!
Kona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-25, 15:20   Link #55
Raxtenko
Second Generation McJober

Send a message via MSN to Raxtenko
Quote:
well, after watching ep11, I'd say if there's one thing I especially like Destiny now, it's that it completely trashes Uzumi's so-called "ideals" in SEED. He think he has left seed of hope? more like seed of fear and panic it seems Now for Orb people, Uzumi ideals = burning down of the entire country Obviously now everyone fears the ideal of neutrality like plague, and think Uzumi as the model example of a wrong leader. I can only pity Cagalli now, I guess being in this kind of situation surely doesn't help her personality.

I love the scene where Athrun visits Miguel, Rusty and Nicol's graves, really an emotional scene, and I LOVE how Yzak invites Athrun back to PLANT. I'd say Athrun really needs to just dump Cagali and return to where he truly belongs to, by Yzak's side GREAT GREAT Yzak/Athrun scene

Oh, and for the first time I actually love the Shin barking at Cagalli scene, "so you become our enemy, then this time you shall be destroyed by ME, I WILL destroy this country myself!" Wow I guess there's more than enough reason for Shin and Kira to fight each other now. GO GO Shin!

Well, since the SEED idea is basically a rip-off of newtypes (ie. mankind's next stage of evolution), so expect more and more SEEDers, just like more and more newtypes in UC Gundam series (at least until CCA).

Hey dreamless, I had heard that Dearka sports a mullet now, and that it's clearly visible in the graveyeard scene, any truth to that?

Speaking of Uzumi though I wonder why he never bothered preparing Cagalli for a life in politics? Presumably he arranged her marriage to Yuuna, so why not teach her what it takes to be a good politician?

Heh, yes Go GO Shinn indeed, it's about time the real protagonist gets some screentime. Impulse Vs. Strike Barbie, will be awesome, if it ever happens. Even better yet, Luna Vs. Cags. Fight for Athrun's heart! Or Athrun Vs. Cagalli.
Raxtenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-25, 15:39   Link #56
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranko
I enjoyed both episodes, i'm really waiting for yuuna to get his arse kicked by a annoied "older" brother (yea i know the two are really twins)
Isn't Cagalli the older one? (according to her anyway)

BTW is Kira really a Newtype now? He seems to be able to "sense" the Minerva fighting... Or is that some kind of imagery?
Old 2004-12-25, 15:50   Link #57
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raxtenko
Hey dreamless, I had heard that Dearka sports a mullet now, and that it's clearly visible in the graveyeard scene, any truth to that?

Speaking of Uzumi though I wonder why he never bothered preparing Cagalli for a life in politics? Presumably he arranged her marriage to Yuuna, so why not teach her what it takes to be a good politician?

Heh, yes Go GO Shinn indeed, it's about time the real protagonist gets some screentime. Impulse Vs. Strike Barbie, will be awesome, if it ever happens. Even better yet, Luna Vs. Cags. Fight for Athrun's heart! Or Athrun Vs. Cagalli.
lol I'd LOVE a Athrun vs. Cagalli fight, but I guess that's unlikely to happen unless Tomino somehow takes over Destiny from Fukuda

Uzumi? I say he's just a crazy and stupid pyromaniac, blowing himself up taking all Orb leaders and engaging Cagalli to Yuuna are both concrete evidences proving that

hmm... for Dearka... I'm not sure, so see for yourself
Spoiler:
Old 2004-12-25, 15:51   Link #58
renasis_force
GGGG-Unot

Send a message via MSN to renasis_force
speaking of cagali, she still has her gundam strike (IWSP) right.

cant wait to see that in battle
renasis_force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-25, 16:04   Link #59
Raxtenko
Second Generation McJober

Send a message via MSN to Raxtenko
Quote:
lol I'd LOVE a Athrun vs. Cagalli fight, but I guess that's unlikely to happen unless Tomino somehow takes over Destiny from Fukuda

Uzumi? I say he's just a crazy and stupid pyromaniac, blowing himself up taking all Orb leaders and engaging Cagalli to Yuuna are both concrete evidences proving that

hmm... for Dearka... I'm not sure, so see for yourself
Spoiler:
Well, that's kinda like a half-mullet I guess.

Yeah, I know wishful thinking, Tomino's probably too busy working on those Zeta Gundam movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by renasis_force
speaking of cagali, she still has her gundam strike (IWSP) right.

cant wait to see that in battle
Well, it would be cool to see the IWSP in action, finally. But I wouldn't count on seeing it for long.
Raxtenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-25, 16:08   Link #60
Madell

inn epi 12...ive seen the raw didnt understand anything ecept athrun, kira, dearka....but what did kira and lacuss talk about in epi 12 ?
Madell is offline   Reply With Quote