AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-03-13, 16:18   Link #1
Aperture_Science

Post Requisition for help : Zorori's G-g-great adventure

Before anyone writes something along the lines of "what is zorori" or "You nub go ask somewhere else" please consider the fact this is just a request for some actual Japanese translator to help with. Said translator should be highly committed because honestly this movie needs a great deal of work and you have to be flexible and not break under the pressure. So please if you actually feel like helping CONSIDER what I just said...Its of course non-profit but you would be credited either way.

Thankyou.

Hello everyone! As stated in the title I'm looking for some translators for acru-fox. Head of the zorori-project ; Its been pretty tough recently in the new movie translation and quite frankly some more translators would make this whole process a lot more clean and of course it would release faster. If you are interested feel free to drop a message by on my Skype ; xxdarkspawnxxx and i'll pass it on to acru-fox.

Well, thanks in advance for anyone who wishes to participate and if you have any other talents you feel needed on this project don't hesitate to ask about it, I'll just check to see if its needed.
(Please don't flame me...I doubt it will happen but just incase im asking you to not do so >_<)

Ciao.
Old 2014-03-18, 20:37   Link #2
Cyprene

You're not the guy who was asking Shinsen for help with this series something like... 8 years ago, were you?
Old 2014-03-18, 21:53   Link #3
Aperture_Science

8 years ago? Afraid I am just a simple fan looking for help. Means a great deal if I get it.

Last edited by Aperture_Science; 2014-03-18 at 22:37.
Old 2014-03-18, 23:17   Link #4
Cyprene

Oh, well, okay then. It's just you're the first guy in years I've even heard mention that anime, so I thought you might be the same guy.

He was also looking for someone to sub the Zorori anime. I can tell you that he had spent... a considerable amount of time looking, and I don't believe he had any success.

Unfortunately, I'm afraid you're unlikely to do much better. There were probably 30 times more active translators back then than there are now. That was before the days of streaming and simulcasts, so there was a lot of demand for people who could take the latest and greatest show and get it translated and subtitled quickly. Today, there are very few people who still actually translate anime. The vast majority of the subbing groups that are still around simply take the stream and "edit" it. You're probably not going to find someone who has the skills, time, and inclination to do something like this.

If you don't my mind asking, why are you so eager to work on a forgotten children's show about a fox in a mask?
Old 2014-03-18, 23:35   Link #5
Aperture_Science

Well.

(This anime provides a fresh breath, You would get that if you watched it. And up until now I have been working on this from a guest persona (Late 2008 and so on). Only recently have I made accounts as a effort to round up the translators I requisition.)

It may not seem like it but the anime is indeed just being discovered ; In recent months the demand for zorori has risen up as the quality of pure comical anime has declined like the last dinosaur in the swamp (Space dandy is the only non-example as far as I know ; Got my data from the torrent forums). While acru is hard at work with a recent zorori movie my job is simply to sniff out even simple translators. The only problem is those sorts of people have closed minds , And even more so the best of the best have simply been driven away from the platform that is pure translation.

Even more so I might succeed, I know of a way to come across translators but to be completely honest I don't want to spend money on those kind of linguist's.

So if you do actually have any ideas ; I'm all ears.

(You wouldn't happen to be interested would you? Its a simple movie job, nothing more. Pretty sure its at least close to halfway done...Maybe even more so complete)

Last edited by Aperture_Science; 2014-03-18 at 23:46.
Old 2014-03-19, 00:50   Link #6
Cyprene

I don't think that I would be interested, I'm afraid. My fansubbing days are long in the past.

I will say that a "simple movie job" is still a lot of work. I don't know how long the movie is, or how difficult a property Zorori is, but your hypothetical translator is probably looking at 8 hours to do it, at a minimum. If it's a children's show there's likely to be a lot of dialogue to translate, and if it's something they aren't familiar with, there'll be a lot to look up.
Old 2014-03-19, 08:47   Link #7
Aperture_Science

Zorori is comprised of "simple Japanese and minimum of complex honorifics. As well as kanji writing". I could pay some one to do this but the price range im looking at is 45 dollars just for 30 minutes worth of footage since all he/she needs to do is literally right down what is heard and then make English out of it. It could be more pricier I suppose.

Either that or for some odd reason maybe a dedicated otaku reads this and volunteers? Dreams like that always keep me looking from site to forums. I did actually have an estimate on the time elapsed and I think it ended up at 4 hours maximum to 2 hours and 50 minutes minimum. As for the average person I have no idea, But I digress.

Back to searching the bottom of the barrel then.

Tags
translation, zorori