AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Soul Eater

Notices

Old 2008-12-12, 02:43   Link #1441
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monarch of Roses View Post
Good point, I'll stick with the manga from here on out and check up on the Manga discussion from time to time.
I really wouldn't want to condemn the anime until after we see what it ends up like. I've been very happy with the anime so far, so I'll at least give it a chance. Then, after I've decided if I like it or not, I'll either stop watching the anime and switch over to manga or else I'll start watching both versions so that I can enjoy it two ways.

Of course, regardless of future anime enjoyment, I'm going to have to start reading the manga now, so I can see how "it is supposed to be" as well as the anime original story.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 03:55   Link #1442
lmd_84

What's with this assumption that branching off from the manga means that the anime's ending is somehow bound to be bad?

Though I won't deny the summaries I've seen don't excite me as much as the manga's post-Brew developments, I still want to judge the anime's conclusion on its own merits.
lmd_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 07:35   Link #1443
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmd_84 View Post
What's with this assumption that branching off from the manga means that the anime's ending is somehow bound to be bad?
For me , branching off can be risky. First is , the character can be out of what they're supposed to be (which sadly , I have seen many animes like this and ticks me off). And second , because I have read the manga , I can't really enjoy that alternative. Because I have 'This is what supposed to be' mind in my head , but it doesn't.

But the positive thing is , I can't predict what's next. It's fun to analyze the future episode if things get like this. I won't complain as long as it's awesome like this BREW arc , have to admit the demon hunter thingy is an awesome one to be animated (a bit hyperboled though).

I just won't hope something like they join forces etc and that's all. It's boring -_-"

Last edited by Reincarnated; 2008-12-12 at 07:50.
Reincarnated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 09:30   Link #1444
The Monarch of Roses

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
I really wouldn't want to condemn the anime until after we see what it ends up like. I've been very happy with the anime so far, so I'll at least give it a chance. Then, after I've decided if I like it or not, I'll either stop watching the anime and switch over to manga or else I'll start watching both versions so that I can enjoy it two ways.

Of course, regardless of future anime enjoyment, I'm going to have to start reading the manga now, so I can see how "it is supposed to be" as well as the anime original story.

Fair enough, I see your point. I'll keep watching the anime for now.
The Monarch of Roses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-13, 14:54   Link #1445
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Any group doing the late night edition?

Its not been licensed yet I think but its close.....
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-13, 15:12   Link #1446
Iron Maw
Banned

I don't know, but you really shouldn't bother with it since its the same as the normal broadcast.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-13, 15:20   Link #1447
ZippyDSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
I don't know, but you really shouldn't bother with it since its the same as the normal broadcast.
Ah I was just wondering, probably a reason why no one is bothering with it because its not really uncut just was wondering if anyone was doing it and to double check and make sure it was not uncut.
------------

As for the above predictability argument SE is a good show predictable or not, so what if I guess where 50-80% of the story/plot is going the question comes down to am I enjoying it or not.

Most shows would do better not to be pissed on when ran through the mainstream filter alas we enthusiast otaku would not get anime without the er...."yellow stains".... =0-o=
Old 2008-12-13, 16:44   Link #1448
Kotobasuu
OCD Cowgirl

Send a message via AIM to Kotobasuu Send a message via MSN to Kotobasuu
I admit im a little saddened that they are branching off from the manga simply because there are certain parts i wanted to see animated but its its kind of obvious BONES would have to do that, cause theres simply too much to cover in too little time (thanks excalibur).

Im sure Soul eater will have a good ending though because FMA and Ouran had great original endings and they were both produced by BONES, so don't lose faith people :>

/optimism
Kotobasuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-14, 13:38   Link #1449
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator

But if that original ending means no season 2...I'm sad T_T
I really want to see that
Spoiler:
to be animated T_T

just a little random thought : What's the difference between a meister and a normal human? I mean , well you know weapon can be a weapon , but if a normal human learns about soul wavelength and so , does that mean s/he can be a meister then?

and if you're a meister , how do you know your speciality was? (I was wondering since Maka said "I'm a scythe tech , not an assasin tech" during Free fight)
Old 2008-12-14, 13:43   Link #1450
ZippyDSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnated View Post
But if that original ending means no season 2...I'm sad T_T
I really want to see that
Spoiler:
to be animated T_T

just a little random thought : What's the difference between a meister and a normal human? I mean , well you know weapon can be a weapon , but if a normal human learns about soul wavelength and so , does that mean s/he can be a meister then?

and if you're a meister , how do you know your speciality was? (I was wondering since Maka said "I'm a scythe tech , not an assasin tech" during Free fight)
Training leads to refinement of skills leads to specialization or a defined class.

Basically you train for awhile getting the basics covered then you get a partner then finish whatever learning track you have been put on.

At least that is how it seems.
Old 2008-12-14, 16:12   Link #1451
Zoe

Quote:
When they realized that Stein could see souls, they automatically leaped to the conclusion that he was a meister. There appears to be a necessary ability to see or manipulate souls.
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-14, 21:11   Link #1452
ZippyDSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
When they realized that Stein could see souls, they automatically leaped to the conclusion that he was a meister. There appears to be a necessary ability to see or manipulate souls.
I wonder for how many years they train before they get a partner/weapon?
Old 2008-12-14, 22:14   Link #1453
~Kezia~
Scarlet Yukineko

Spoiler for ...:
~Kezia~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 01:29   Link #1454
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator

Spoiler:

Quote:
I wonder for how many years they train before they get a partner/weapon?
They're training right now , that's why Shibusen is called a school. If I remebered correctly , Shibusen has some kind of 'meeting' between meisters and weapons (re when B*S and Tsubaki first met) and from that , you can choose your partner. When you make a deathsythe , you'll be a true meister then.
Old 2008-12-15, 10:26   Link #1455
ZippyDSM

Quote:
Spoiler:

They're training right now , that's why Shibusen is called a school. If I remebered correctly , Shibusen has some kind of 'meeting' between meisters and weapons (re when B*S and Tsubaki first met) and from that , you can choose your partner. When you make a deathsythe , you'll be a true meister then.
Not what I meant I meant how much schooling/training before they team up with a partner, something like they start around 6-7 and don't get a partner until they are 10-15 depending on skill and other issues.
Old 2008-12-24, 03:28   Link #1456
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator

ehmm...many ppl lost interest to SE anime since eps 37 where the branching takes place , or is it just me?
Old 2008-12-24, 04:53   Link #1457
ChibiGoku
FightingMagic Founder

Quote:
ehmm...many ppl lost interest to SE anime since eps 37 where the branching takes place , or is it just me?
Eh, I doubt it. It's just the Christmas Holiday. That's typical for people to get behind because of being busy with family and such.
ChibiGoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-26, 14:10   Link #1458
Oyajitchi
Giroro's Bestest nakama

New to Soul Eater here, I have read a little of the manga before the show was even out and now I am slowly, but surely, watching the anime as well.

So my question is on the Nintendo DS video game, Soul Eater: Medusa no Inbou, is there ever going to be a english walkthrough of the game?

I know it takes a lot of time and effort, but the Soul Eater community I think NEEDS it. heh.

Thankies.
Oyajitchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 18:49   Link #1459
dantman
Daniel Friesen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiGoku View Post
Quote:
Eh, I doubt it. It's just the Christmas Holiday. That's typical for people to get behind because of being busy with family and such.
I agree, if anything I think the anime/manga split should increase the interest in both. Those only watching the anime will start reading the manga, and a few manga people might take interest in the anime.

The split (along with needing to lookup facts for the Soul Eater Wiki) was what got me to start reading the manga. It was actually a nice move.
dantman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 20:49   Link #1460
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Theres also the issue with the C&D notes. The viewership has dropped steadily since then.
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, death the kid, shounen, soul eater