AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Soul Eater

Notices

Old 2009-01-11, 01:18   Link #1461
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator

Have read the summary of future episodes. And I have to admit , I once lost a few interest towards anime because it'll be a plain 'Arachne and Kishin joined forces and attack Shibusen and THE END'.
Spoiler:
but I think BONES rewrite the mangain order to finish SE in one season. Episodes 41-45 gain my interest , I'm looking forward for it to be animated!

Though I think Chrona's personality in anime is being more out of character...
Reincarnated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 07:50   Link #1462
Iron Maw
Banned

This is somewhat old by this point, but I think it's interesting to share:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...apan-by-series

Soul Eater ranked #7 in the top 10 Manga of 2008. Now I wonder how anime's being doing.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 10:47   Link #1463
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator

Judging from the popularity , I;d say the anime will be in 20 top list (however from what I know , Kidd once go to the top 20 fav anime character.)

If the anime is over , I wonder if the manga's popularity is going up?
Old 2009-01-11, 12:11   Link #1464
ChibiGoku
FightingMagic Founder

Usually Soul Eater remains in the Top 20 for the ratings. While the ratings aren't exceptionally high (usually hangs around 3.0%), it does do better than what was in the slots previous to it. Bakegyamon and TMNT2003, which they aired the last two years, did not do all that great in the slot, usually hanging around the 2.0% range. Sometimes going even below that.

However, do wonder how well the dvd and game sales have been in Japan for the series, since I've yet to see any sale reports on the items.
ChibiGoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 11:05   Link #1465
animekritik

I must admit in the last 3 episodes or so I've found myself a bit bored with the story. The comedy bits have also dropped considerably, I think..
Old 2009-01-12, 11:09   Link #1466
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by animekritik View Post
I must admit in the last 3 episodes or so I've found myself a bit bored with the story. The comedy bits have also dropped considerably, I think..
The comedy bits are annoying >>....well the excessive ones....

So far its better than slow Naruto eps filler or other wise.
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-19, 20:24   Link #1467
StoneCloud

Just started watching the show. Only up to the second episode but the show looks awesome so far
StoneCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 12:27   Link #1468
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator

I have seen the rating in my country magazine based on Japanese magazine polling. Soul Eater got 8th for the anime and 6th for the manga (and it's THE ONLY ONE series on year 2008 that got into both anime and manga top rank) it's awesome , though it deserves well. The manga has a perfect story and the anime has a perfect artwork (dunno about the story though) , or so they say.
Old 2009-01-20, 18:41   Link #1469
Kotobasuu
OCD Cowgirl

Send a message via AIM to Kotobasuu Send a message via MSN to Kotobasuu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnated View Post
I have seen the rating in my country magazine based on Japanese magazine polling. Soul Eater got 8th for the anime and 6th for the manga (and it's THE ONLY ONE series on year 2008 that got into both anime and manga top rank) it's awesome , though it deserves well. The manga has a perfect story and the anime has a perfect artwork (dunno about the story though) , or so they say.
As awesome as that is, i really dont understand because it feels like a lot of people i know dont watch/like soul eater, yet sources like this tell me otherwise :\
Kotobasuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 19:50   Link #1470
animekritik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotobasuu View Post
As awesome as that is, i really dont understand because it feels like a lot of people i know dont watch/like soul eater, yet sources like this tell me otherwise :\
Yeah, I feel the same way. I just don't hear that much buzz about it...
Old 2009-01-22, 23:46   Link #1471
The Monarch of Roses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotobasuu View Post
I would say give it time. Soul Eater is still very new and there are some people who don't like Shonen's regardless of the story.
The Monarch of Roses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 04:53   Link #1472
dantman
Daniel Friesen

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monarch of Roses View Post
I would say give it time. Soul Eater is still very new and there are some people who don't like Shonen's regardless of the story.
We'll probably see a big re-emergence of Soul Eater in November when the North Americans that don't keep up with news take notice.
dantman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-21, 15:06   Link #1473
Hisago
The Superchunky from Hell

There's something I wanted to ask your opinions about.

Just how well known is the Shibusen world of weapons and meisters and witches known to the "normal folk?" Just regular people. If someone went up to their neighbors and said "Hey turns out the Evans family's son has weapon blood" would the neighbors look at the person like they were crazy or just go "Huh, who'da thunk?"
Hisago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-21, 18:30   Link #1474
lmd_84

Hmm. Good question. During Crona's trial run, Maka comments that were they not Shibusen students, they wouldn't have got away with travelling with three on Soul's bike, which could mean there's some secrecy involved.

In the anime, Kid introduced himself as being from Shibusen to the survivor of the Nidhogg's attack. That might suggest Shibusen is known to the general public, but coming from Kid it could just be the boy keeping to the point.

Then again, even when an entire village saw Tsubaki and Black Star tackle Masamune - who had possessed one of their own - neither Weapon or Tech explained what they were doing there, which you'd probably expect if Shibusen was common knowledge.

Canonically, from what I recall, the situation is kind of vague. I like to think that Shibusen is known to the public, but not well understood. When it comes to the Weapons, having existed for at least 800 years, I'd say there's even less of a chance of 'normal people' not knowing of them. Arachne's experiments clearly bred, and Shibusen's students come from all over the place. There's also a recent point in the manga;
Spoiler:
lmd_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-21, 20:01   Link #1475
JunkKitty

Just to add: I seem to recall some of all the little generic bad guys the students get to kill whine about Shibusen's arbitrary authority. The little guys seem to know Shibusen will come after them if they do stuff like mass murder. It's not an underground organization. Death City kinda advertises it, actually

Not sure if the particulars of how Shibusen works are public knowledge (or of public concern), and it may be that being a Shibusen student simply isn't something to advertise without good reason. It's not like Shinigami doesn't have any enemies.
JunkKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-22, 07:56   Link #1476
lmd_84

True, on the contrary, he's amassed quite the number over the centuries (not bad for a bloke who can't move far ). So, yes, it would make sense that working for Shibusen itself (though Death City is known) is something that isn't advertised. Especially when many of Shinigami's people are young-ish children. Didn't think of it like that.
Old 2009-03-03, 14:28   Link #1477
Iloxus

Sorry, wanted to comment on the popularity part. I would practically do everything possible to increase the deserved fame.
Oh and one more thing I could cry out: WHY! Why did they changed Soul Eater? The anime was great so far, but did anyone watch episode 46? I thought one couldnīt mess up the epic battle between Mifune and Black Star, but as how things look, I was simply wrong...It was just plain BORING!
I dont know to to describe my point in words, although I already tried it in other threads, but here I go again...I donīt know how many of you changed their opinion of Black Star because this one mentioned fight, but I cling to this experience of true enjoyment. It opened my eyes and also my heart, let me see the true awesomeness of Black Star.
Now I ask of thou,why? Why hast it come to this miserable state?
If they wouldnīt have done many things right, I would be starting a petition right at this moment now, to let the publisher redo the last 15-20 episodes of the soul Eater anime.
Period, guys!
Iloxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-03, 15:19   Link #1478
lmd_84

It's come to it because they couldn't adapt the manga within 51 episodes. They had to go their own way on it or end in the middle of an arc, quite possibly with a cliffhanger (take your pick from many of the more recent chapters).

As to why the anime has gone the way it has, I don't know. Somethings they developed well, others not so much. And others just need to be seen to be believed.
Old 2009-03-04, 08:28   Link #1479
gohanhd
The Unbleached Beast

I rather they just stop at one point then pick it up later, then them going there way. (kinda like code geass and gundam 00, as they stop for a bit then continue later.) I soo wanted to see my fav. moments in the manga in the anime T_T.

Ps. I hate when they do this...grr gah grr... okay see something good about the anime it had preatty good animation most of the time.
Old 2009-03-04, 08:31   Link #1480
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Dumb question... Isn't Makas attack witch hunter? and the other demon hunter?
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, death the kid, shounen, soul eater