AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2014-02-13, 00:13   Link #41
Cael
Lurker Mode

Is the mystery person Kabuto?

1) What we know about the mystery person is that they have bare feet.
Kabuto was last seen with bare feet.

2) Orochimaru alludes to this person acting like a snake.
Kabuto is known to have an affinity for snakes.

3) Tobirama does not recognize the person.
Obviously they are hidden in dust but Tobirama can also sense chakra. Assuming he can still use that ability with the black rods still immobilizing him, it would make sense that he doesn't recognize Kabuto because I don't believe they have ever been in contact with each other.

4) Karin does not recognize the chakra. She says it has a 'terrible feeling.'
It's doubtful that Karin has never been in contact with Kabuto before. But if Kabuto escaped izanami it could mean that he has changed, perhaps by accepting his fate he has become darker.

5) The chakra outline that Karin sees does not reveal much.
To me the profile looks more like Ao than anyone else. But it's difficult to draw any conclusions from a (possibly) generic outline.

Conclusion
This has been weighing on my mind, and right now my best guess is Kabuto.
Cael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-13, 02:28   Link #42
illumimodmi

Just my opinion but i give minato a little more credit and think everything hes doing is calculated but to my main point. when i noticed kurama told minato to switch to sensory mode they immediately new that it had been extracted because of the chakara they sensed. they sensed the same dark chakara as everyone else.

Its Evil Naruto and minato is probably gotta wind up fighting him
Just my fantasy opinion.

or its shisui uchiha

and how could madara give nagato the rinnegan when he wasnt a uchiha and he first used it when he was like 8?

Last edited by Hunter; 2014-02-13 at 12:52.
illumimodmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-13, 03:42   Link #43
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

It's future sasuke
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-13, 07:59   Link #44
HasuMasu
*Artist

I actually liked the flashback, but that's maybe the Kushina fanboy in me talking.
Old 2014-02-13, 10:43   Link #45
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cael View Post
my original thought was kabuto, but he is much less powerful than when he fought itachi and sasuke so he cant do much. although now that madara isn't there, perhaps he would have time to give sasuke something to help him live
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-13, 11:07   Link #46
Sinedd

Send a message via AIM to Sinedd Send a message via Yahoo to Sinedd
You didn't see that coming, did you?
So, Kabuto is not by Sasuke's side. Who is there? All that suspense and we still don't know who that might be. Orochimaru didn't recognized that chakra, so we can't tell who that mysterious person is.
Zetsu emerged and took Kurama's (Yin Half) in Naruto's place (Next Jinchuuriki, yey!!!). *I tell you - You didn't see that coming!!
Minato was their only hope...afterall, is Naruto going to survive or die? Considering the Kyuubi was extracted from him...hmm. The same question goes for Sasuke.
I know Naruto & Sasuke will stay alive. Don't know how...but they will!
And not long after that...Obito will die (?).
Sinedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-13, 12:21   Link #47
Monster0

Maybe it's kabuto in the spiral Zetsu,and Yamato by Sasuke.
Monster0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-13, 14:25   Link #48
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Pointless flashback is pointless (especially since the immediate events completely ridicule the sentiment of the flashback),
Don't you think that it's a sign that Minato tricked Zetsu into thinking he got the other half? I would expect from someone like Minato to know what his opponents are capable of and make a plan even in impossible situations. The other strange thing is how easily Zetsu absorbed the kyuubi, that doesn't seem real. And finally there the fact that if the good guys lose even in this situation then only something incredibly random could save them, and Minato having a plan to trick Zetsu is still a better option than some random bullshit. Also its so Kishimoto-like to have the 1st half of a flashback, then a bad situation, and then all is reversed and we get the second half of the flashback. This chapter's flashbacks seems to be such an interrupted flashback, as if it was cut in half.

Quote:
(we now know it is someone Tobirama does not know, so that rules out most of the older supposedly dead characters).
There's still a chance that those black rods inhibit his sensing abilities and he can't see the guy from the smoke. So it might still be Izuna. But i rule out Izuna because if the 2nd hokage's plan was for Sasuke to Edo-Tensei back Izuna then he should know that the person standing there must be Izuna.

Unfortunately there's a good chance that Kabuto is ruled out, since the person has some very special chakra and i guess Kabuto could only qualify if he can do Sage mode without Orochi's power. I would prefer Sage-Kabuto over other possibilities.

My 3rd guess would be the original Sage himself, if he foresaw such a situation and sealed part of his chakra into a something and planned to be activated in such a situation. If Minato could do it then why not the Sage, he should have a lot to tell to Sasuke and Naruto, and they better hear the whole story from him than from Madara.

It would be fun if the guy in the smoke was Sasuke himself, combining all the supernatural shit that we already have plus even some secrets of the Sage the fight could become so strange that they would do it even across time, like one doing some kind of loop known from Izanami but this time with Izanagi, meaning for example Sasuke from the future saves his own life in the present, which is a paradox on its own, but maybe adding some crazy stuff like in case of Izanami it could turn out that in the future Sasuke+Naruto vs Sage-Madara fight they unlocked the ability to move backwards and forwards in time just like Tobito can move in space.

Quote:
edit: Obviously the Rikudou's tools will help save the day
I hope there will finally come Shikamaru with some good plan to use those. But first the strong guys must create the proper situation for the plan.

Last edited by Ero-Senn1n; 2014-02-13 at 19:58.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-13, 15:08   Link #49
illumimodmi

that flashback definitely had meaning and was no way random. minato said he would do ANYTHING which he is the child of prophecy(in my opininon) and the choice is to kill his son and save the world or let him live and him rule the world evil. and sage mode hate filled evil naruto might give madara a beatdown

and someone said the shadow looked like it had one arm. if thats the case we know who it 99% should be (since he got his arm ripped off in his last fight)

Last edited by Hunter; 2014-02-13 at 18:19. Reason: do not double post
illumimodmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-13, 17:51   Link #50
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
I'll throw out Fugaku Uchiha. We've seen so much of the relationship between Naruto and Minato and nothing between Sasuke and his father. How would it be Fugaku? I haven't a freaking clue how Kishi would write that. But there have been bigger plot holes in this manga.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-14, 15:03   Link #51
Eragon
Still Alive

It's Trunks. He's traveled back in time and to tell Sasuke that Vegeta - in all his bitchy glory - is better than him.

Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2014-02-14, 20:36   Link #52
Destined_Fate

Look.

I'm just saying that if it's Kabuto than I want to know where Anko is!
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-15, 00:36   Link #53
HasuMasu
*Artist

She's in the cave with Kabuto.
Old 2014-02-15, 00:57   Link #54
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masuzu View Post
She's in the cave with Kabuto.
But if that's Kabuto over Sasuke than he isn't in the cave which means Anko is..... Where?
Old 2014-02-15, 09:08   Link #55
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
But if that's Kabuto over Sasuke than he isn't in the cave which means Anko is..... Where?
up his robe again?
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-15, 11:04   Link #56
Destined_Fate

That would be horrifying... I'm not sure Kabuto showers anymore either.
Old 2014-02-15, 13:02   Link #57
Preciize
Them Feels~

I don't see how it can be Kabuto if neither Karin nor Orochimaru recognize the mysterious figure's chakra.
Old 2014-02-15, 13:20   Link #58
Casshern

Didn't Oro drain all of Kabuto's snake hermit chakra anyway?
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-15, 13:24   Link #59
Im Otaku
Siscon 愛

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cael View Post
1) What we know about the mystery person is that they have bare feet.
Kabuto was last seen with bare feet.

2) Orochimaru alludes to this person acting like a snake.
Kabuto is known to have an affinity for snakes.

3) Tobirama does not recognize the person.
Obviously they are hidden in dust but Tobirama can also sense chakra. Assuming he can still use that ability with the black rods still immobilizing him, it would make sense that he doesn't recognize Kabuto because I don't believe they have ever been in contact with each other.

4) Karin does not recognize the chakra. She says it has a 'terrible feeling.'
It's doubtful that Karin has never been in contact with Kabuto before. But if Kabuto escaped izanami it could mean that he has changed, perhaps by accepting his fate he has become darker.

5) The chakra outline that Karin sees does not reveal much.
To me the profile looks more like Ao than anyone else. But it's difficult to draw any conclusions from a (possibly) generic outline.

Conclusion
It could be kabuto seeing how clearly you made the evidence, but he could still be stuck in the inazami or it could have been someone else. Theres always some sort of plot twist.
Im Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-15, 17:36   Link #60
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

So is/was black zetsu trying to betray madara? It kinda felt like it