AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 94 58.39%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 25.47%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 6.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 1.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 3.11%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.24%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 3.73%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-08, 13:57   Link #621
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiHikari View Post
Spoiler for 25:
Spoiler for Bridge scene:
Old 2008-09-08, 14:23   Link #622
Nishi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by grss1982 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Until we find out what was in the SMS that SMS sent to Alto, Klan and Luca you really can't criticize them for staying or not going. Fuck for all we know it was like

"Sup lol, we're going to go find Ranka and her Varja homies and hang with them, Leon sucks lol Why? he wears a wig lol."

They obviously didn't say anything about Leon murdering Howard Glass or why would Ozma say something like "I can't stand working for a president like that guy" instead of saying... say Leon's a murdering prick or whatever it is.
I've also been wondering about that....Why did'nt Ozma just plainly state to Alto that Leon is a murderer or that he murdered President Glass to gain power. Instead of that somewhat vague statement of (according to gg's translation) "I'm not interested in spilling my blood for a president I can't stand."
That's sort of related to what I'd been wondering about. I don't understand why Ozma didn't just tell them plain and simple as he pretty much already told the captain and etc. Not over open frequency mind you, but the mass text msg was private enough. Hopefully we'll find out what was actually sent in that.
Old 2008-09-08, 14:42   Link #623
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

If your going to talk about spoilers, please do it in speculation thread.

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Old 2008-09-08, 15:09   Link #624
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyph View Post
From what we have been told, V-Type is transmitted from Vajra to human (or other organisms like the Hydra cabbit thing) by contact with blood or bodily fluids. Sheryl has never seen a Vajra until recently as far as she knows, and became a carrier ten years ago when she met Grace. Putting this together with the knowledge that she gains powers as a side effect of the infection, and Grace's callousness in casting her aside once she found Ranka, who has the same powers only greater and stable, Sheryl should be able to infer Grace infected her on purpose as an experiment.

On a side note, this means Michael might also be infected by the V-Type by getting drenched in its blood. But he has far bigger problems at the moment. Like being dead.
I'd prefer to think that Grace wasn't some nebuluous evil at the center of everything wrong in the universe. It's devoid of creativity.

I believe that it was said that there was some kind of epidemic fifteen to twenty years ago, and that she among others worked on finding a cure. How a blood to blood borne virus/bacteria/parasite/toxin (how the hell is it all of those things?) can be identitified, and still spread throughout a space-based population is beyond me. Quarantine should have been easily enforced.

As for how Sheryl got it, possibly her parent(s) had it, and was passed on to her during birth.
Old 2008-09-08, 15:43   Link #625
Zaku_II
1st Scouting Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyph View Post
From what we have been told, V-Type is transmitted from Vajra to human (or other organisms like the Hydra cabbit thing) by contact with blood or bodily fluids. Sheryl has never seen a Vajra until recently as far as she knows, and became a carrier ten years ago when she met Grace. Putting this together with the knowledge that she gains powers as a side effect of the infection, and Grace's callousness in casting her aside once she found Ranka, who has the same powers only greater and stable, Sheryl should be able to infer Grace infected her on purpose as an experiment.

On a side note, this means Michael might also be infected by the V-Type by getting drenched in its blood. But he has far bigger problems at the moment. Like being dead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
I'd prefer to think that Grace wasn't some nebuluous evil at the center of everything wrong in the universe. It's devoid of creativity.

I believe that it was said that there was some kind of epidemic fifteen to twenty years ago, and that she among others worked on finding a cure. How a blood to blood borne virus/bacteria/parasite/toxin (how the hell is it all of those things?) can be identitified, and still spread throughout a space-based population is beyond me. Quarantine should have been easily enforced.

As for how Sheryl got it, possibly her parent(s) had it, and was passed on to her during birth.
In an episode Grace said to Sheryl that when Grace pick Sheryl from the streets, Sheryl was interned in an hospital and this was not for cure her.
Old 2008-09-08, 16:06   Link #626
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaku_II View Post
In an episode Grace said to Sheryl that when Grace pick Sheryl from the streets, Sheryl was interned in an hospital and this was not for cure her.
Your point?
Old 2008-09-08, 20:05   Link #627
grss1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Well... imagine that Ozma broadcasts that news over the open frequency.

1st.) Leon will have it easy to deny the rumour, because it was uttered by a known pirate traitor.

2nd.) Announcing it to the world at large and Alto in specific would probably put up Leon to silence all remaining members of SMS as soon as possible... who knows what those non-lawful types could be up behind his back, now that they suspect that he killed the former president?

No, I think the decision to remain mum about it ( and probably have left information for someone on Frontier to follow up... maybe Klan ) was a good one.

The whole idea of running off to pursue Ranka... eh. If it works, perfectly fine, if it doesnŽt, he put Frontier in even more danger. Cathy and him had to disappear to somewhere in any case, thatŽs for certain, because Leon surely wouldnŽt have hesitated in eliminating them.
First Reason: Couldn't Ozma just have used some sort of encrypted communications channel to contact just Alto & Luca? I just get the feeling that Ozma should have given those two the low down of what was happening, since those two where members of his squadron.

Second Reason: You do have a point there. So Ozma was being intentionally vague so as not to incur any form of retaliation (by Leon) towards those members of SMS who stayed/were left behind.

Also I was wondering what was going through Ozma's head just before he talked to Canaria about her decision to go? IIRC, it was implied in that scene that he was thinking of Luca and Alto, since it was shown that Ozma was looking at their VF-25's while talking to Canaria.
Old 2008-09-08, 20:06   Link #628
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM View Post
Not really but I was hoping he grew up a bit to at least consider it. He has way to much anger at the Vajra, can't wait to see the look on his face once the real villain is revealed to the Frontier.
If I were in his position, I'd be out for blood too, as is most of Frontier. Remember, he knows nothing that Ranka and the viewers know. He doesn't know about Macross being about Love and Peace and Singing.

The only reasons he'd have to go after Ranka at this point, are to drag her back to Nanase, or to drag her back and get a cure for Sheryl. He feels nothing for her, and it's shown the past 2 months.
Old 2008-09-08, 20:15   Link #629
Wesley84

There's just so much wrong with the whole Leon vs. Ozma/Cath/SMS subplot that pretty much anything goes at this point. It doesn't have to make sense, because it's too late to make any. So everyone put on your hats, raise the Skull & Crossbones, and AVAST YE! ARRR!
Old 2008-09-08, 20:23   Link #630
LordPhat

Regarding the whole V-Type virus thing there is something strange...

Sheryl would likely have been infected by Grace not born with it since she was found by Grace on the Galaxy and not the Research Fleet. Whatever connection there was with the Vajra it would have likely had to been brought by Grace and then transmitted to Sheryl (yes Grace is superbeeoch). Second, the whole Hydra infection scenario seems unexplained. How and why were they infected (it seems Leon was on this too). Third, I think the virus has something to do with the Vajra reproductive cycle.

It seems Birler and friends had no problem with them collecting Vajra carcasses but Grace went to huge lengths and too a big risk having Brera go in to destroy the nest in the abandoned ship so they couldn't take any samples.

One quick gripe on terminology...why does the series call it a V-Type virus (and show pictures of the virus which look a lot like bacteriophages) and then have Luca say it is caused by a bacteria??? I hope this was a translation error.
Old 2008-09-08, 20:27   Link #631
Wildstar

Bridge Bunnies: "Ah, so now we are pirates, how exiting!"

Captain Wilder: "Indeed. We'll have to change our uniforms now. We're pirates, not soldiers anymore. Here. take these."

Bridge Bunnies: "But... these are uh...."

Captain Wilder: "Yes indeed. Skin tight suits. Trust me. This is what pirates wear."

Bridge Bunnies: "but you're wearing--"

Captain Wilder: "Ahem. It's what lady pirates wear."

Bridge Bunnies: "Oh."

Captain Wilder: "Besides, our arch-enemy is now wearing skin-tight fabrics. We must maintain an advantage, or at least parity with, our enemy. We cannot afford to have a Spandex-Gap. This is a crucial time for us."

Bridge Bunnies: "Oh"
Old 2008-09-08, 20:29   Link #632
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordPhat View Post
Regarding the whole V-Type virus thing there is something strange...

Sheryl would likely have been infected by Grace not born with it since she was found by Grace on the Galaxy and not the Research Fleet. Whatever connection there was with the Vajra it would have likely had to been brought by Grace and then transmitted to Sheryl (yes Grace is superbeeoch). Second, the whole Hydra infection scenario seems unexplained. How and why were they infected (it seems Leon was on this too). Third, I think the virus has something to do with the Vajra reproductive cycle.

It seems Birler and friends had no problem with them collecting Vajra carcasses but Grace went to huge lengths and too a big risk having Brera go in to destroy the nest in the abandoned ship so they couldn't take any samples.

One quick gripe on terminology...why does the series call it a V-Type virus (and show pictures of the virus which look a lot like bacteriophages) and then have Luca say it is caused by a bacteria??? I hope this was a translation error.
Actually it was pretty obvious to us that Grace transmitted the virus to Sheryl, which Klan eventually found out. It would appear to me that Sheryl was intended to be used as a weapon against the Vajra, or a unit designed to control the Vajra. Unfortunately for Grace, she failed. Sheryl was probably never intended to be given a long life-span anyway. Although for the Hydra, it sort of gave us hints of infection, but was never really explained. The Hydra were supposed to be vicious beasts though, with or without infection.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-09-08, 20:44   Link #633
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
...Sheryl was probably never intended to be given a long life-span anyway....
So, she's a replicant!

"if you could see the things I've seen with your eyes..."
Old 2008-09-08, 20:53   Link #634
Wildstar

"...just to return a pet."

Bah, YOU FOOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every varja generation incorporates what previous generations have learned. When they were testing out the 171E, they chased down and killed every varja to prevent them from going back and having the next generation "learn"

...well, if Ranka is really taking Ai-Kun to the Varja, what has Ai-Kun LEARNED, eh?

JUST a pet? Bah.
Old 2008-09-08, 20:54   Link #635
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildstar View Post
...well, if Ranka is really taking Ai-Kun to the Varja, what has Ai-Kun LEARNED, eh?

JUST a pet? Bah.
There is a reason why island one gets massive retaliation from the Vajra in episode 25

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-09-08, 20:56   Link #636
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
"...just to return a pet."

Bah, YOU FOOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every varja generation incorporates what previous generations have learned. When they were testing out the 171E, they chased down and killed every varja to prevent them from going back and having the next generation "learn"

JUST a pet? Bah.
Oh great... an entire colony of vajra who've learned to hump people...

http://sining83.blogspot.com
Old 2008-09-08, 21:00   Link #637
Wildstar

Quote:
There is a reason why island one gets massive retaliation from the Vajra in episode 25

- Tak
Yes, a massive horde of next-generation Ai-Kuns, helpfully fetching back paper airplanes and giving overly-enthusiastic hugs... the horror!
Old 2008-09-08, 21:03   Link #638
LordPhat

Quote:
Actually it was pretty obvious to us that Grace transmitted the virus to Sheryl, which Klan eventually found out. It would appear to me that Sheryl was intended to be used as a weapon against the Vajra, or a unit designed to control the Vajra. Unfortunately for Grace, she failed. Sheryl was probably never intended to be given a long life-span anyway. Although for the Hydra, it sort of gave us hints of infection, but was never really explained. The Hydra were supposed to be vicious beasts though, with or without infection.

- Tak
I thought what Klan figured out was that she was being given a pill to be kept alive against the virus and now it was being withdrawn she was getting sick.

In any case, also why was Macross Frontier chosen? In that one episode they said it was because the lack of cybernetics and implants and low environmental tolerances or something like that.
Old 2008-09-08, 21:06   Link #639
LordPhat

Quote:
Yes, a massive horde of next-generation Ai-Kuns, helpfully fetching back paper airplanes and giving overly-enthusiastic hugs... the horror!
Ranka can host the Vajra version of Lamb Chop's Play Along

Old 2008-09-08, 22:00   Link #640
grss1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
Oh great... an entire colony of vajra who've learned to hump people...
.....and catch paper airplanes in mid-air.