AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-03-24, 22:29   Link #41
Kagedanji
Doughy goodness. I think.

Glasses must've replaced evokers.

Maybe it isn't so much for seeing the enemy, because in the dungeons outside of battle, they don't wear em.

This is probably to make us forgive them for not letting Chihiro fight...
Old 2008-03-25, 00:25   Link #42
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Shuffle time bonus is too large to ignore. If you've been playing P3 right, you're shuffle timing at least 80% (preferably at least 90%) of random battles as you get VERY little otherwise from them. This is especially evident once you get to the 5 and 10 minor arcanas, as the difference between a non shuffle-time EXP and a 10 cup boosted one is humongous (was it quadruple? I don't remember).

mediarama - if you're lucky enough to have improved the lovers social link, you can get mediarama as early as lvl 39 and then use the bonus levels to get Saki Mitama to lvl 42 when you summon it.

Not like I needed to grind for Mediarama, as the first fusion you get is so overpowered early to midgame it ain't funny. I always had Orpheus and Apsaras in my battle personas until I got mediarama, as against any boss fight the ability to heal 50% of the party's health AND increase hit/evade rates in one turn is so good. Add on top the lower all enemy hit/evade spell (I believe you can get it as early as lvl 30 and for sure at lvl 35 with Samael), and you'd be taking a LOT less damage as not only you're evading a lot of things, but you occasionally knock them down the times they miss when they make a normal attack, essentially making them lose 2 turns in a row.

Basically order of battle in bosses is cast masukunda first round if you have it(you always get first turn) and recast it every time it wears off. Cadenza whenever you have two people needs healing at the same time and you need masukukaja, or when you're in deep crap and need massive healing to the party, while using a more SP effective healing otherwise. Deal damage when you don't need group healing, as single heals can be done by a party member in order to spread SP usage around.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-25, 00:54   Link #43
U<3Anime
Boo!

Only 2 years after P3 MC's noble sacrifice, and now we have hell breaking loose again
Old 2008-03-25, 01:12   Link #44
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
You spent too much time in Tartarus.
I don't need to grind that much, because of the extra part after each battle, the amount of bonus exp is just too great that it took me a small amount effort to catch up with the next boss.
And who played P3 for the battle anyway? Better spending your time for Social Link & your girl.
well, thats the thing, to max out all the social link u have to do certain event in the certain way...since I am not really into dating sim at the first place maybe thats why this game didnt really get into me. I still love the concept, OST, character design and fighting system. I am more of a adventure rpg fan i guess, I love something like chrono trigger or breath f fire 4, something u go around explore and see different stuff (PS: rogue galaxy was good too... spend so much time on the factorys lol
Astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-25, 06:31   Link #45
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Spoiler for stuff that's probably for P3, but hey, it'll apply to P4 as well, I bet:

BTW, I wonder if all the lead Personas this time around will be based off Japanese dieties? Since we already have Izanagi, Tomoe and Jiraiya...

I'm willing to bet that there will be a special Triangle Fusion between Amaterasu, Tsukuyomi and Susano-o ingame.
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-25, 12:54   Link #46
Ending

Quote:
And who played P3 for the battle anyway? Better spending your time for Social Link & your girl.
Too bad none of them were interesting and you can't even two time it to make up for it. How boring.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-25, 18:02   Link #47
Kagedanji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordplay View Post
Too bad none of them were interesting and you can't even two time it to make up for it. How boring.
You can two time. Alot. Depends on how sneaky you are, just know the gals' schedules and their S.L. ranks.
Old 2008-03-25, 19:43   Link #48
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagedanji View Post
You can two time. Alot. Depends on how sneaky you are, just know the gals' schedules and their S.L. ranks.
and you even have to to get the final persona in FES. >_>
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-25, 22:23   Link #49
Kagedanji

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
and you even have to to get the final persona in FES. >_>
Mara ?
Kagedanji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-26, 02:17   Link #50
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Quote:
Mara ?
Reward for getting a All Max Arcana in a single playthrough (getting all of the S.Links Maxed out)
= Key Item: Colorless Mask
- Allows you to fuse Orpheus Kai/Orpheus Custom in your new game. (Fuse all Fools, including Susano-o and FES-only Fool Slime, I think.)

Also, one of the FES perks that Atlus revealed during the announcement of their English FES, is the lifting of the more "censor-worthy" tidbits of P3. That includes some of the movies during Episode Aigis.

And yes, Mara. That giant.... ^_^;
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-26, 12:21   Link #51
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well Persona 4 is looking pretty interesting. Too bad it will be a wait just for it to come out in Japan and then a pretty long wait for it to come over to North America. But will be something to keep an eye on.
Old 2008-03-26, 16:31   Link #52
Kagedanji

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganeShounen View Post
Reward for getting a All Max Arcana in a single playthrough (getting all of the S.Links Maxed out)
= Key Item: Colorless Mask
- Allows you to fuse Orpheus Kai/Orpheus Custom in your new game. (Fuse all Fools, including Susano-o and FES-only Fool Slime, I think.)

Also, one of the FES perks that Atlus revealed during the announcement of their English FES, is the lifting of the more "censor-worthy" tidbits of P3. That includes some of the movies during Episode Aigis.

And yes, Mara. That giant.... ^_^;
Giant mara? Yeah, that's mara. Orpheus Kai requirements suck.
Old 2008-03-27, 00:04   Link #53
digi.amuro

Since I dont feel like typing right now, here's my post from the Atlus board regarding the glasses:

Why does everyone seem to think the glasses=persona summoning anyways? Has it been stated somewhere?

I really do think that the glasses are just for shadow detection, while the cards are the means by which they summon persona. Didnt they use the tarot cards to exchange for Persona in the early Persona games? Doesnt seem like too big a stretch for them to utilize the same concept, albeit implemented just abit differently.

That aside, I dont really care about the glasses. they'll be pretty much forgotten after about an hour of playing anyways, especially since they lack the impact of a gun-shaped device on your waist.

The cards! Makes perfect sense to me. Different card=different persona. if it turns out to be the glasses, I wont mind. I'm just curious about the glasses thing.

To me, P3 was supposed to reinvent the Persona series for new fans. Whether they succeeded or failed, I think it was pretty much the jumpstart for Persona to keep going. That said, that doesnt mean everything will conform to this new style completely. After all, there are plenty of people who complain about how they miss some of the element from P1 and P2 that are missing from the newer installments. I like to think that Atlus takes some of those critiques and suggestions into consideration. Thats how you make a better game (or potentially ruin a game, pending)
Old 2008-03-27, 16:41   Link #54
Kagedanji

Quote:
Originally Posted by digi.amuro View Post
Since I dont feel like typing right now, here's my post from the Atlus board regarding the glasses:

Why does everyone seem to think the glasses=persona summoning anyways? Has it been stated somewhere?

I really do think that the glasses are just for shadow detection, while the cards are the means by which they summon persona. Didnt they use the tarot cards to exchange for Persona in the early Persona games? Doesnt seem like too big a stretch for them to utilize the same concept, albeit implemented just abit differently.

That aside, I dont really care about the glasses. they'll be pretty much forgotten after about an hour of playing anyways, especially since they lack the impact of a gun-shaped device on your waist.

The cards! Makes perfect sense to me. Different card=different persona. if it turns out to be the glasses, I wont mind. I'm just curious about the glasses thing.

To me, P3 was supposed to reinvent the Persona series for new fans. Whether they succeeded or failed, I think it was pretty much the jumpstart for Persona to keep going. That said, that doesnt mean everything will conform to this new style completely. After all, there are plenty of people who complain about how they miss some of the element from P1 and P2 that are missing from the newer installments. I like to think that Atlus takes some of those critiques and suggestions into consideration. Thats how you make a better game (or potentially ruin a game, pending)
Megane has been a pushed aside art. Atlus is trying to revive it, I'm guessing. If Chihiro suddenly appears at age 20 and summons Personas, which I for some reason find to be somewhat likely, I'll have more reason to buy the game.

Using cards to summon Personas would make it look like Yu-Gi-Oh. They don't even represent the Personas as much as they do the arcana. Tarot cards were used to exchange persona and fuse them as well in all 3/4 games. Actually, maybe you're right about the cards, but they haven't been used to summon before. Maybe they'll go with the classic way of summoning them, having them jump from their bodies.
Old 2008-03-28, 17:40   Link #55
digi.amuro

When you look closely at the battle scenes, the personas appear after their flaming cards appear and they smash the cards, so why not. They could even work in conjuction w/ the glasses (as lame as that sounds to me).

I'd say the personas dont actually come from the cards. People arent always gonna easily grasp the concept of forcing their other self out of their heads, so the cards/glasses/evokers could logically be a vehicle by which the characters fool themselves into activating their persona, if that makes any sense. It makes sense that they may believe they can envoke the power of Persona with help from some sort of device, rather than doing it all on their own.

Tho by that train of thought, the recent persona users, barring Trinity Soul, are either lazier, more incompetent, or more ignorant than the persona users from P1 and P2, who could just pop'em out
Old 2008-03-28, 19:05   Link #56
Kagedanji

Popping out is lame. Suicide is cool.

I guess the others were just that more powerful.

Evokers need to come back.
Old 2008-03-28, 19:22   Link #57
digi.amuro

Quote:
Popping out is lame. Suicide is cool.

I guess the others were just that more powerful.

Evokers need to come back.
Of course! The evoker really was the coolest, wasnt it? I'd love to see those guys with the cards and glasses try to walk up to Arisato and co, w/ evokers strapped to their waist.

New guys: Oh, shi---guns! (run in opposite direction)
Old 2008-03-28, 19:44   Link #58
Kagedanji

Chihiro needs to fight.
Old 2008-03-28, 20:05   Link #59
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well Persona 4 is looking pretty interesting. Too bad it will be a wait just for it to come out in Japan and then a pretty long wait for it to come over to North America. But will be something to keep an eye on.
I call yourself lucky --- we here in the UK had Persona 3 released just a few weeks ago. No sign of FES being released here, though hopefully it will --- along with Persona 4 in the distant future.
Old 2008-04-04, 10:12   Link #60
Sides

Official Hp: http://p4.atlusnet.jp/
i thought i posted it already, but apparently not.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ps2